[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you met any musicians /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 11

File: CYEbPPEWcAEzyma.jpg (34KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
CYEbPPEWcAEzyma.jpg
34KB, 600x401px
>Go to a bar a few years ago
>Heard the lead singer of Rage Against the Machine was there
>Hueg fan
>Decided to buy him a beer
>"Hey man! I really enjoy your work and--"
>"Fuck off."
>Laughed and walked away.

As an aspiring musician this completely broke my spirit to continue what I love. He was one of my favorite fucking musicians and this guy went out of his way to be a cunt.
>>
Fuck off
>>
Fuck off
>>
It's a well known fact that RATM are complete cunts.
>>
somehow it doesn't surprise me at all
>>
I saw Flying Lotus a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw FlyLo trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
I saw Weird Al in a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh! Thank you very much!” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and playing his accordion and making me laugh really hard. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him blow a whistle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Weird Al trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Make A Wish kids while everyone else cheered and sang the "Amish Paradise" while holding candles.The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you are a beacon of light on an otherwise stormy day. Please play us a song!” At first he pretending to be tired and not hear her, but after he helped an elderly couple put their groceries into the back of their mid-sized sedan, he came back around and played "Another One Rides the Bus" 15 times in a row because people wouldn't stop requesting it.
>>
Fuck off
>>
>>61539929
What do you expect from commies? Stalin killed more people than Hitler.
>>
>>61539951
>>61539962
>>61539963
>>61539999
>>61540001
>>61540003
>>61540006

You're fucking with me?
>>
>>61540001
>>61540003
wew
>>
I gave Mike Patton a handjob once
>>
I saw Varg Vikernes giving some guy a blowjob behind Denny's
>>
>>61540038
are you female?
>>
>>61540019
fuck off
>>
>>61540060
Male
>>
>>61540057
Believable.
>>
I met Henry Rollins once. He became my friend. We're similar in various things. He's basically me. Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
I met Zach Hill tho other day actually

I told him I really like his music and that he was a good drummer

He said Thanks man
>>
>>61539929
Fuck off
>>
>>61540100
This is all I wanted.
>>
>>61539929

Maybe try to not do literally the exact same thing thousands upon thousands of people have done to him. I'm a touring musician and this shit is so annoying. People want to come up, say that, and then stand there expecting you to be amazing. About 1 in 10 actually are worth sitting around and shooting the shit with. Most of the time, I'm just trying to spend 5 spare minutes alone and have a beer before I have to load in/out or soundcheck or whatever.

I've met Lana when a band I'm in opened for her. She was great, super personable. Much shorter in person than expected.

Natalie Bergman from Wild Belle is fucking amazing, along with the rest of the band

Tom Brosseau is an incredibly talented and polite human being

Courtney Barnett and her entire band are incredible people and amazing to hang out with

Sabina from Brazilian Girls is also fucking amazing
>>
>>61540140
>Maybe try to not do literally the exact same thing thousands upon thousands of people have done to him.

You entitled egotistical cunt. Oh my god saying you did a good job or loved the music you have to do something different? You SERIOUSLY fucking think it was ok for him to say that to me or anyone else? Think about it this way.. What would you do if you told your favorite musicians they're your favorite band of all time and told you to fuck off? It would feel like shit right? There's no way you would justify that. You're a fucking dick.
>>
Hung out with James Taylor and his son in a hot tub at the Beverly Hills Hotel and talked about dogs for 10 minutes. Pretty nice family.
>>
>>61540172
Fuck off
>>
>>61540172

People, for the most, part do not sit around by themselves expecting strangers to come up to them and start talking. Strangers coming up and talking to you about your job sucks even more, most of the time. What's even worse is if you're interrupting the person while they're hanging out with friends or even dealing with another fan - in that situation you have no right to be upset. Personally, after having been in similar positions, I choose to avoid talking to musicians I see in public, for the most part. If you have the opportunity to talk to them before/during/after a show I'm sure they'll be happy to give you a few minutes, as long as you're not only telling them how great you think they are and how meaningful their work is. What's "entitled" is expecting these people to drop everything and nod and appreciate all your tokens of gratitude.
>>
>>61540364
>People, for the most, part do not sit around by themselves expecting strangers to come up to them and start talking.

Oh, well correct me if I'm wrong but if you're in a public area where social interaction is a must then he could have just grabbed a six pack of beer and gone home. Why would he be in a public area? There's fucking pool tables for crying out loud.
>>
>>61539929
can we make this a pasta
>>
>>61540429

Are you trolling or are you seriously this socially autistic? Celebrities, of all fucking people, do not go to bars to have strangers come up and talk to them. Maybe he just wants to sit and have a draft beer by himself. Maybe he's waiting for a friend or friends. Maybe he's actually working, since a lot of musicians make bars and public spaces their offices. The point is, you shouldn't be upset when you, as a stranger, approach another stranger and bother them and they get upset.
>>
Me and a friend decided to trash a convenience this store one time, we almost got busted by some cops too
I'm pretty sure the cashier was James Iha
>>
>>61539929
>John Prine
nicest man ever
>>
I met Raekwon once
>>
File: dumb meme slut.png (487KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
dumb meme slut.png
487KB, 750x500px
Went to go see St. Vincent a couple month ago. I've seen her before but good god this show was on a whole different level. It's at a venue I've been to numerous times and they have people that are on St Vincent's tier of popularity all the time, plus bigger acts like Modest Mouse and stuff, and every time I've gone I've waited a bit by the tour bus and met them after.

I'm with about 30 people after the show waiting to talk with Annie, and about an hour after the show a guy walks up and says:

"Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed the show! We thought it was one of our best this tour. If you're waiting for Annie, unfortunately she got in a car immediately after the show. She rides separately from the band, sorry to break it to you and have a great night."

So the 25 of us think we're collectively fucked, then a couple roadies and event staff people walk out. I ask the roadies if she's still back there and they say yeah, and the event staff guy confirms it because he just brought her her food.

Most people had already left, and right then we were down to 12 people. So we say fuck it and wait it out. An hour and a half later we see a small person being obscured footstep for footstep walking towards the bus. She's looking ahead, then sees us and looks down. It's Annie. She gets on the bus and the bus turns on its high beams and gets ready to leave.

This one guy who was waiting goes up to the door of the tour bus knocking on the door and the driver opens it and says "We have places to go I don't care about whatever y'all are trying to do" and just leaves.

I figured it had something to do with her falling of the amps the other day, but one of the people who was waiting has seen her TEN TIMES on this tour and said this isn't the first time she's driven off and ignored everyone. She still hasn't gotten to meet her after any of those shows.

Point being - touring is difficult, but if a handful of people that support you with physical products and you blow them off: FUCK YOU!!
>>
Met Mac Demarco, he asked me if I had drugs
>>
File: 1450737976084.jpg (87KB, 535x545px) Image search: [Google]
1450737976084.jpg
87KB, 535x545px
>>61540578
>dumb meme slut.png
If my fans were bitter neckbeards I'd probably blow them off too to be honest family
>>
>>61540554
also
>kate tempest
really nice but quiet
>sinéad o' connor
sound but weird
>shitloads of trad people
basically all mad bastards
>>
File: yagetmebruv.jpg (34KB, 580x327px) Image search: [Google]
yagetmebruv.jpg
34KB, 580x327px
Met this legend right there
>>
I met the Backstreet Boys in the LAX airport lol..
>>
>>61540100
I didn't meet Zach, but I was at a Death Grips show and he left his shirt close enough to the edge of the stage and I took it. Good night.
>>
>>61540576
me too
>>
>>61540578

Do you fucking understand what it's like to have 30 people waiting in line to talk to you? Do you understand how long it would take to satisfy all 30 of those people? What do you want - Annie to come out and do Q&A with all of you and you can have a little powwow? Touring is extremely difficult, especially when you have to make several-hundred-mile drives in a huge loaded down bus. Of course these artists appreciate the support of their fans, but they can't be in three places at once.
>>
>>61540578
reminder that annie does coke off cara's ass
>>
>>61540718
>defending a horrible shallow person like Annie "Meme Hair Dorito" Clark
Stop posting, Cara
>>
I hope Cara breaks up with Annie

Then leaks Annie Nudes and reveals that she has a coke addiction

In retaliation Annie releases a stellar angry bitter break up album

Shit would be so tight
>>
>>61540718
>Do you fucking understand what it's like to have 30 people waiting in line to talk to you?
If you aren't literally autistic like you obviously are, shooting the shit with a small room full of fans for a few minutes isn't hard at all. Touring is not extremely diffuclt.
>>
>>61540799

I don't even care about St. Vincent. I just know what it's like to simultaneously love your fans and want to be nowhere near them.
>>
>>61540528
Look man i'm not judging you nor the guy you are talking to, i'm kinda neutral about this but since you're a musician i wanna hear your opinion about this. You decided to be a musician, didn't you? Well, when you decided, didn't you consider the fact that working in music could gave you fame and expose you to other people?
>>
>>61540533
What year did this take place?
>>
>>61540576
how was that?
>>61540698
>>
>>61540832

...? Are you serious? Talking to 30 people about nothing could take a solid hour. There are very few professional musicians who have this kind of time at 11pm or 1am after they've traveled all day and set up and played a show.

>>61540852

Absolutely. And talking to fans can be really rewarding and humbling. On the other hand, a lot of fans simply do not know what to do when they get to talk to a musician they appreciate. It's like the whole "dog chasing cars" thing - they just stand there. Sometimes you can spend as much time talking to fans after the show as you did playing, sometimes more. It can get exhausting and there are some very delicate social cues that have to be taken into account.
>>
>>61540946
>Talking to 30 people about nothing could take a solid hour.
Uh, what? No, it doesn't. This is you demonstrating your social autism. You aren't locked into a conversation. You can say "that's all the time I have for tonight guys, this tour's taken a lot out of me and I have to be somewhere else tomorrow, I'll see you all next time" or some shit like that and leave after however long you're comfortable staying.

I bet you're the kind of guy that stares off into the distance and just goes "yeah, haha" while desperately trying not to make eye contact during conversations
>>
I pushed John Balance off a balcony this one time
>>
>>61541104
Do you mean he lost his balance?
>>
>>61540830
She's already done angry bitter break up songs m8. Her EP under her real name had one. I want a sincere triumphant love song. That would truly be treading new ground for her.
>>
>>61540946
1. I met the singer of andre jackson jihad. i went to his show, and we were like 8 people. we talked to him, created the setlist together and got signed stuff. it was really cool and he seemed nice.

2. I talked a bit with the singer and drummer of foxing after their gig. i told them i came for them (they were the first band) and that i missed my train, so i rode their on my bicycle. They didnt seem to be in the mood for talking, so i just got a signed copy of the albatross and left.
3. Talked to Michael Gira after a show. I just thanked him for the awesome music, he thanked me for the support.
4. Doenst really count, but Beth Gibbons of Portishead hugged me once.
>>
I met Booker T Jones a dew days agp at Ronnie Scott's

Coolest musician I ever met.
>>
>>61540140
This is bait ladies and gentleman
>>
>>61539929
I had a similar experience, but it wasn't Zack it was Tricky, it was before his gig at a bar and we drank some vodka together, we talked a bit and then he went off to prepare
>>
Mike Love kicked my dog
>>
>>61540928

>>
>>61541052

Okay so you're imagining some press conference type deal where the musician literally addresses all 30 people at once. This never happens and would be completely miserable for the artist. Most people want their conversation with someone to last longer than a minute or two. It is completely ridiculous to expect someone to stand there for at least half an hour, typically more, and listen to 30 people say the exact same thing.

>>61541165
Those all sound totally fine. I'm glad those people stopped and took a minute to interact with you. What I'm saying is that expecting someone like Annie Clark to stop and speak to 30 people after playing a huge show is a bit outlandish.

>>61541212

Sorry, it's not.
>>
>>61539929
I met Scott Spillane

He seemed like a grumpy Santa, but he shook my hand and then I left

Sick beard too
>>
File: 1445707474325.jpg (3MB, 2036x2455px) Image search: [Google]
1445707474325.jpg
3MB, 2036x2455px
>>61540934
Weird

I was in New York for work at the time. I just left some shitty restaurant and I was standing on the side of the road. I hailed a passing cab and the driver slowed down and let me enter. I opened the door to the backseat and hopped in. Before I could say anything Raekwon runs up to the cab from somewhere down the street and almost sat in the seat I was in. I scooted over and he hopped in and slammed the door shut, and told the cab driver to go to some apartment building in uptown new york. He was out of breath for a few minutes. When he caught his breath he turned to apologize to me. I didn't say shit to him because I had no idea who he was just yet, dude was wearing sweatpants and a gray jacket with the hood up.

The aparment building wasn't that far away so there's not much more to tell. It was pretty much me sitting next to him while he weezed like he was dying until we got there. If you've ever been to a rainforest cafe and seen that robotic crocodile outside the building that people throw pennies at, he smelled a lot like that.
>>
>>61541256
If i notice, that the artist isnt in the mood for talking its totally fine with me and i leave them alone. I can understand its draining to be away from home for so long and only have artificial concersations every night with strangers. But if they are in the mood for talking its really nice. Also the singer of Bosnian rainbows shared an apple in the middle of a concert with me. 2 months later at another gig at a festival she recognized me and greeted me. feelsgood.jpg
>>
I put my hand in Yolandi's pants when she was crowdsurfing
>>
File: img.jpg (62KB, 960x736px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
62KB, 960x736px
>>61541357
You have no idea how jealous I am of you
>>
I met Tim Collis a few years ago when TTNG played a show in my town. He's a pretty cool guy and we had a 5 minute conversation. I also met Doug Martsch last year. He's a really nice person.
>>
Someone post the Grimes one
>>
>>61539929
Not me personally but some /mu/tant friend of mine shared a story of how he fucked MO as a groupie when she was still touring under mor. I found it interesting because outside of Courtney Love she's the only female artist I know who fucks/fucked fans.
>>
Few years back I was really into death metal. Cannibal corpse came to town and for an extra 10$ on the ticket you got a free shirt. goodies, get to enter the venue before the doors open and got to meet the band and take pictures.. So fuck it i got it. I was really excited about meeting George fisher, but man, that guy is a total fucking dick. So I was pretty bummed out, spoke a few words with Alex, took a picture, he was pretty quiet and humble, seemed nice. Pat was pretty quiet, just signed autographs and took pictures, didn't talk much. I didn't get a chance to see Paul, he was in a corner with 5 other dudes and they were having a blast talking so I didnt want to butt in. Then I kind of stood there bummed out and awkwardly when Rob barrett walked up to me and asked how i was doing, then he took a pic and signed stuff and we talked about guns for like 20mins. Really nice guy. Super humble and polite. That had really made my night.
>>
>>61540578
>cretin, idiot, dumbass inventing crap
GTFO madman
>>
>>61541357
How'd it feel?

I require details
>>
>>61540140
I totally get how it probably wears on you to have people come up all the time saying "hey you're great", and there are obviously times when that's totally inappropriate, but if you're just hanging out at a bar and your art has touched someone deeply, then it costs you nothing to just be marginally decent. Not like, ingratiating. Just a notch or two above actually saying "fuck off". That's just uncalled for; I don't give a shit if it happens on a regular basis, you don't take out your frustrations like that on a single individual who, in this situation, did nothing wrong.

>>61540578
Now THIS is entitled. Just because you WANT to meet someone doesn't mean you have the right to. Some people are introverted, or get tired easily after shows, or have anxiety having to one-on-one with a throng of adoring fans, or have to get up early the next day, or fucking whatever. Everyone's got their own shit going on, they don't exist for your pleasure. And when it's become clear to you that she's still in the building but obviously doesn't want to visit with any fans, and you STILL just wait out there and try to visit with her, then you're the asshole, not her.
>>
>>61541219
I don't doubt this.

I met Noel Gallagher, he was in Chicsgo doing a show and I talked to him for a little bit.
I asked him if there was any potential of an Oasis reunion and he said no because Liam is a fucking cunt who can't do shit.
I also asked his opinion on swans. His favorite album is cop.
>>
>>61541860
Fuck off
>>
>>61541860
>Montie is a faggot part 69
nvr forgt
>>
Is this a meme now?
>>
>>61540619
Is this true?
>>
>>61539929
My father has met a fair share of musicians. He sang with Rick Parfitt of Status Quo when he saw them playing one time. He also sang with Les Gray of Mud. He said they were both really nice dudes.

I'm Irish so one night when were out in a pub we saw Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries. He walked up to her and said, "Hello Dolores, how's it going." She just squealed, "Piss off!" and then turned her face up to the roof. Dunno if it was a bad night for her, but she seemed like a bitch.

When he was a kid, like 16-17 he lived a bit out in the country. One morning he was on his way to the shop and he saw a limousine stopped outside the shop. As he reached the entrance he bumped into Phil Lynott who was on his way to Cork to do a concert. He got him to sign a newspaper for him.

Theres a couple of others he's met but I can't remember, I'll have to ask him.

My grandfather whom I never had the chance to meet because he passed away before I was born met the beatles. He was a stage organiser in Dublin when they played in 63. He met em all and got em to sign an Abbey Road sleeve. My grandmother promised it to me when she passes away.
>>
I met Tom Morrello once. He let me kiss his bald little head.
>>
I was in New York visiting family around Thanksgiving 2 months ago. I was there for two weeks staying with my brother in his 2 bed room apartment.

Anyway he lives like a block away from a Mcdonalds, so whatever I like the pancakes they serve for breakfast sue me. Regardless every morning I would go for a walk at the crack of dawn to get some pancakes at McDonalds.

and I shit you not I ran into Robert Fripp on my walk. At first I couldn't believe my eyes but it was definitely him. I'm usually pretty shy but he's my hero and I build up enough courage to talk to him. Simple I'm not asking for an autograph or anything just a simple "hi I like your music".

I walk up to him, "Hey dude I love your music, kee-" he interprets me looks me dead in eyes and without skipping a beat whispers "You shut the fuck up shithead." Honestly I still can't believe that happened and worse none of you guys are going to believe me! But It really did happen.
>>
I saw Josh Tillman standing alone in the backstage bar at Glastonbury, didn't do anything because I was sure he'd be a cunt and it'd ruin my impression of him.

Next day I had a chat in stilted French with the singer of the desert blues band Songhoy Blues who seemed stoked that anyone would talk to him.

Oh yeah, when I was 16 I saw Paloma Faith getting dressed which is about as close as I'm ever going to get to having sex with a celebrity.
>>
I met Jeff Mangum after a show on his solo tour a few years back, got a handshake and an autograph from him. Then last fall I met Julian and Scott after an NMH show and got Julian's autograph, which means that he drew a happy face on my ticket stub.

Other than that, most recently I just waved at the bassist for Lucero while he was loading the van after a show and said "Hey man, great show tonight," and he said thank you back.
>>
Met Mac DeMarco twice. He seemed very sad. Had a nice conversation with him about music production though. Really nice guy, but I'm worried he might kill himself soon.
>>
i talked to Ben from Death Cab and Peter from The Antlers about vocal tips and favorite pedals.Cool dudes.
>>
>>61543073
>Ben Gibbard
>vocal tips

WEW
>>
>>61543197
well, more Pete for vocal tips and pedals for Ben
>>
I met the Smith Street band, awesome guys
>>
I saw We are Scientists at grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told them how cool it was to meet them in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother them and ask them for photos or anything.
Keith said, “Oh, like you are doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “What?" but they kept cutting me off and going "what? what? what?" and closing time portals shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard them laugh as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Keith trying to walk off with something in right hand without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for that first.” At first he kept walking and pretended not hear her, but eventually turned around and walked back to the counter.
"What is this?" asked the female clerk, innocently.
"As you can see" Chris explained in a condescending voice "this is a time machine".
Keith began to loop back and forwards through the store whilst repeating the words "I almost have it figured out!"

The clerk reluctantly scanned the item and Keith got super angry and said "I'M GOING FOR A WALK" which made Chris go hysterical , get on his knees and beg" NO NO NO PLEASE DONT GO PLEASE"
the store manager walked up to Keith and told him he wouldn't be able to let him back in the store if we went outside for a walk.
The female clerk's breast fluttered with matronly concern and asked Keith and Chris if they needed somewhere to stay"
Keith ignored her and turned to Chris and said "seriously, dude, heat the fuck up."
>>
my ex is in a semi-popular indie band in Fukuoka. They just put out their second music video and album, and it made my chest hurt when i tried to watch it.

I talked to Waters guitarist, got some tips from him and discused the 1975.

Met Alt-J. Fun guys.
>>
Worked at a gas station a few years ago, fat joe walks in talking on the phone co-worker takes a picture and is freaking out. I had no idea who he was, he bought a slurpee.

Same gas station a couple of months later, the stone temple pilots are in town with chester bennington as the singer, he bought a pack of newports I told him to break the habit, he laughed and walked out.
>>
Ran into Leonard Cohen at a hotel in Prague. He was the nicest person you could ever meet.
>>
>>61543952
He seems like it.
>>
>>61541256
I agree with you that an artist shouldn't be expected to sit around and waste their time with every last one of their fans, but that doesn't mean it's okay to just be an asshole to them. It may be annoying that they constantly pester them, but something that seems small to the artist like telling someone to get lost is a big deal to someone who looks up to them. Is it that hard to just show some common fucking courtesy? If fans bothering you while you want to be alone justifies telling them to fuck off and ruining their whole week then shouldn't you be wearing sunglasses and a hat or something?
...on the other hand, it doesn't surprise me that the lead of Rage Against the Machine is an asshole. You'd have to be a little delusional to make such an angsty piece of shit band.
>>
I met Lauren Mayberry last month. Came in my hand, shook hers. Told her it was just my hair gel.
>>
File: 1446075698714.gif (993KB, 450x272px) Image search: [Google]
1446075698714.gif
993KB, 450x272px
>>61540680
that's awesome
>>
File: 1449968643652.jpg (14KB, 464x464px) Image search: [Google]
1449968643652.jpg
14KB, 464x464px
>40 year old man who still dresses like he's 15
>unironically a commie

>surprised he's an asshole
>>
>>61541357

You got tested the next day, right?
>>
The ones that you might care about are Neutral Milk Hotel and The Tallest Man on Earth. All of them were really nice. More than happy to sign things.
>>
>>61540140
Tell me what band you are in so i can go to your shitty fucking tour and throw garbage right at your gay face.
>>
Chance the Rapper played at my uni. I saw him afterwards and tried to say hi, but he called me a herb and laughed in my face.
>>
>>61540140
can confirm, courtney's band specifically is very cool (she is too). my friend is always facebook messaging her band, chills with them when they're in town
>>
>>61539929
me and a friend got to hang out with anamanaguchi for an hour or so while they set up their booth at pax east 2014, they're cool as fuck guys
>>
>>61541575
Friend of a friend has fucked Lady Gaga. This was like her first ever Australian tour, well before she blew up in any way. He said she was physically filthy, like hadn't showered in a while.
>>
>>61539929
I met Beenie Man. A friends brother is a reggae mc who was on tour with him. Met them all pre show at the hotel. Beenie Man is a bless guy. Great vibe. Way shorter than I expected.
>>
>>61543397
Which band, if you don't mind?
>>
Saw Neutral Milk Hotel last year, Jeff said it was his last show with his wife Astra so they didn't hang around long. Got to talk to both Scott and Julian, they both fit their persona as cool loud old guy and quirky hat guy, respectively.
>>
File: 1269569803199.jpg (17KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1269569803199.jpg
17KB, 400x396px
>>61540096
>Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
Talked to the lead singer of Trust after a show once for about ten minutes. Super nice, really into video games (he told me not to tell anyone because of his image), very mellow. Also SUPER gay, though that's easy to pick up after about ten seconds of hearing him talk.
>>
meet tim armstrong in 1990s after show.in reference to my long hair he said get a haircut its no th 60s anymore. in reference to his liberty spikes I said its not the 70s anymore. I then said something about black flags hair which made a cute girl laugh. he then looked at me like he wanted to smash me. I kinda understood.
>>
met armin van buuren and his brother after armin only 2008 in los angeles nye
>>
>>61549093
>really into video games (he told me not to tell anyone because of his image)

what a faggot
>>
>>61539929
fuck you, artists shouldn't give a FUCK about the fans

didn't expect such a faggot would be like that tho, fuck rage against the machine, fucking pussy posers

you shoulda knocked him out
>>
>>61549093
oh lorde, my niqqa i luv trust. so he wasnt as spooky as he seems he would be?
>>
i met dylan carlson at a festival. really nice guy. he let me and my friend get pictures with him
>>
>>61549398
It sounded to me like a similar thing to when Crystal Castles put out their first album and kept denying that their music was influenced or inspired by video games.

Wearing your enjoyment of video games on your sleeves can make you a pariah in the music industry, believe it or not.
>>
>>61540001
dude FlyLo was a total fucking dick to a really good musician friend of mine, the dude who I credit with actually getting me in to making music in the first place.

Anyway my bro was super in to FlyLo and tried to kind of emulate his style, it was funny though after that happened the FlyLo elements just slowly dropped out of the stuff he was making
>>
>>61540140
look I've met plenty of artists that tour harder than you. That were totally fucking chill. The fact is if you are a musician, especially a successful one, if nothing else it is your FUCKING JOB to interact with fans. Like. You know, the people who buy your merch and pay for your CDs and fucking CARE about you dude, like are you kidding me?

>>61539929
bruv
thank you for this. I feel even less bad about pirating all their shit now.
>>
>Make music for fun
>Somehow people like it
>Sell records
>Get payed to play shows
>Become famous
>Now you're not allowed to go outside unless you're willing to suck 500 dicks because some people recognize you

Life is suffering.
>>
I saw Grimes a Whole Foods store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told xer how cool it was to meet xer in person, but I didn’t want to be a straight white male and bother xer and ask xer for tips on producing or anything.
Xhe said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but xhe kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing xer hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard xer chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Grimes trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen jars of mayo in xer hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first xhe kept pretending to be oppressed by the patriarchy, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the jars and started scanning it multiple times, xhe stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterenth,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each jar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, xhe kept interrupting her by whispering really loudly.
>>
>>61540718
Touring might be difficult, but it's important to remember where the money comes from and that is MAINLY the fans so if you're gonna become a musician it's in your best interests not to blow off the fans unless it's actually urgent.
>>
>>61545309

underrated toast desu
>>
File: 1447763965968.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447763965968.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>61541123
m-m-maybe?
>>
>>61550063
tell the story breh
>>
File: Converge-JaneDoe.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Converge-JaneDoe.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
i met jacob bannon from converge once.

he was a pretty nice guy, but he has the weakest handshake i've ever felt
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.