[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FL Studio is a piece of shit. What else should I use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 2834.jpg (8KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
2834.jpg
8KB, 195x259px
FL Studio is a piece of shit. What else should I use?
>>
FL Studio
>>
Ableton
>>
Logic
>>
They are all functionally indistinguishable, use the one with the workflow and gui that you like the best.
>>
Reason
>>
>>61530558
This
>>
Reaper
>>
>>61530553
except they're not.

Sometimes you need big boy features like

>SMPTE because fuck MIDI clock
>real I/O interfacing for plugins because an EL8 will blow any $4000 universal audio plugin out of the water
>multiple headphone mixes
>complex internal routing, and I'm not talking about reason back of the rack bullshit.
>>
>>61530689
>My music is good because I use expensive plugins
>>
Garageband
>>
>>61530506
This buddy knows

Ableton 4 ever
>>
>>61531057
Garageband is the only one I know how to use and I've made some solid 4/10 shit on there.
>>
>>61531126
EXACTLY!
>>
>>61530506
>>61531116
I thought the consesus was that newer versions are shit because they tried to dumb things down to compete with FL Studio but somehow made it harder to use in the process.
>>
>>61530488
You just aren't using it properly. Utilize a compressor and automate everything. The magical thing about fruity is if you know how everything works properly you can pump out an idea in minutes
>>
>>61530553
this
>>61530689
you are either a retard or don't know how DAWs work.
>>
>>61530520
+1
>>
>>61531016
Everything else he mentioned besides the plugins can be a complete deal breaker depending on your outboard equipment and/or workflow
>>
>>61531455
>you can pump out an idea in minutes
valuing the speed in which you can pump out tracks over quality of music is exactly what wrong with the "FL User" sector of the edm scene, though I blame that on a shitty mentality more than the DAW it's self
>>
Why do you think it's shit? Depends on what you're trying to do as the other guy pointed out (if you need to work with picture, work with OMFs etc i.e. you're doing post production work) but plenty of amazing music is made with FL.

>maybe you're the problem
>>
If you want an immensely powerful DAW for any task, look into Reaper.
>>
>>61531506
Youre over thinking it.

Majority of the people who listen to music dont give a shit which daw you used. Moat of them are on drugs or drunk. Any daw works. Its how you use it. People who will pick a song apart are usually other musicians. Thats not thw market youre trying to appeal to. Just make your music.
>>
>>61531542
>it's ok to make music that sounds shitty because the people that listen to it are probably on drugs
yeah, this is exactly the kind of bullshit I'm talking about.
>>
>>61531542
>other amateur engineer listened to my mixes
>'did you use reaper to mix this?'
>'what? no, how did you get that out of it?'
>'you totally did, you should use cubase it's way better'
>I used Logic exclusively

Do people actually think you can hear the difference between DAW's? Has anyone else had this happen?
>>
>>61531506
This.

As this post stated
>>61530553
All DAWs do the same thing and is capable of achieving the same results in whatever you're creating.

Also, there is no such thing as an "Inuitive Interface". The only thing intuitive about a DAW is your own knowledge of using it.
>>
>>61531644
oh jeez
/mu/ has shill viralers too?
>>
>>61531606
>>61531542
oh, and
>any daw works
no shit sherlock, I said in my post that it's not the DAW that's the problem, but the mentality of the people that proudly proclaim they use it.
>>
>>61531671
Nah that was IRL
>>
>>61531715
you and your friends must be pretty horrible to hang out with if that is how you talk irl.
>>
>>61531644

99% of people will just tell you to use what they use. In reality every program is suited to different wants, needs, workflow. Protools/cubase better for working with recording, audio manipulation. Ableton is hands down the best for working with midi controllers. Logic is not my favourite but its good value for whats in it. Haven't used any other DAWs but they'll all got people swear by them. Maybe explain what your mainly going for, just making EDM tracks with loops like FL, or more complex midi work, recording etc.
>>
>>61531767
tagged the wrong person
>>
>>61531542
And you're missing the point entirely.

DAW interface and workflow doesn't mean shit if you can't produce quality results in the first place. If your music sounds like shit and you think a DAW that you believe will be easier or quicker to use will make you improve, then you're just fooling yourself.
>>
You have to learn to love your DAW and fully commit to it.

Also, it should be mentioned that a lot of people that bitch about DAWs blame the software for their lack of musical ability and/or are unwilling to put forth the effort to read and learn how their programs work.
>>
>>61530689
>ProTools MasterRace detected
>>
>>61531767
What's the best for sampling?
>>
fuck yall i'm using paint
>>
fuck around with every DAW ever until you find one you really like
just put a shit ton of time into your music and learn mixing/mastering skills, the DAW shouldn't matter if you have good composition and audio engineering skills
>>
>>61531896
If you mean sampling as in using sample libraries and layering tracks like FL then definitely consider Ableton as its incredibly easy to create tracks if you use it with a midi controller. If you mean sampling as in cutting up existing songs, Cubase or Protools are the best for surgical editing, just don't expect to make tracks from scratch with either of them. Logic sits pretty much in the middle of that spectrum. Comes with a massive sample library, is pretty capable, you can get a lot of work done with it. Really don't know anything about the other DAW's. To summarise Ableton is probably the coolest one i've used (you need a midi controller to appreciate it though), protools/cubase are extremely technical and logic is exceptionally good value (if your paying for it)
>>
>>61531126
You'd be pretty fucking surprised at what you can get out of Garageband, along with some sparse usage of Audacity

Justice made all of Cross in Garageband
>>
File: 542709.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
542709.jpg
29KB, 600x400px
>>61530670
>>
>>61532494
I love garageband, I just wish you could pitch shift mp3 samples and change the tempo of individual tracks. Then I could make some 6/10 stuff.

Also I wonder what filters Justice used, maybe there's some Atari Sings or Grind Bass in there.
>>
>>61530488
NoteWorthy 2 and Audacity
>>
File: 1452019733120.jpg (110KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1452019733120.jpg
110KB, 640x633px
>>61530488
if a really wide studio program.. note full version, is shit to you, you´re either A bad B edgy hipster who keeps switching programs just to feel cool
u got automations, harmless and toxic biohazard + slicer, BPM, quick mixer, ability to insert samples etc what the fuck else you need to get up 3 minutes of loop? a brain?
>>
>>61530520
+1
>>
>>61533040
lol owned
/thread
>>
Live 9 nigga
>>
mulab
>>
>>61532728
There should be an Apple plugin that can change the pitch of any audio. Yeah don't think you can change track temp though. I'm using GB 11 I refuse to use that new version that fucked up everything good about it.

GB is seriously underrated, I've actually made a 7/10 thing with it.
>>
File: 1447303681152.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1447303681152.gif
607KB, 800x792px
Fl is love
Fl is life
Remember me.
>>
>>61530520
+1
>>
I still think Samplidude sounds the best. I don't care about your science. I'll trust my ears
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.