[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you stop reading Pitchfork? >All of this Blackness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 16

File: file.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
When did you stop reading Pitchfork?

>All of this Blackness is important. Important because sometimes white people need to take a metaphorical seat—to sit down, shut up, and listen to conversations in which they are a cultural object, not the center. This is not an easy task. White people have been way too comfortable for way too long in this country, in this world. Way too comfortable with the way they choose to see reality solely through their own gaze, way too comfortable with their sense of entitlement over the planet and its resources, way too comfortable with their appropriation of culture in ways large and small, way too comfortable with the stories they tell, the lies passed off as the history of mankind. Way too comfortable with the things they pick up, way too careless with the way they put them down.
>>
I never read pitchfork
>>
Never been to pitchfork, definitely enjoyed TPAB as an album though.
>>
>>61509831
I honestly don't understand how its possible to be white and not cringe while listening to that album. The songs all sound similar but aren't all that bad, but the lyrics would make Martin Luther King roll over in his fucking grave.
>>
>>61509831
this album wasn't that great, NOTM did it first and admittedly better

>ride has never said nigga or nigger once in his music, making the title purposefully ironic.

>"my terracotta army disarms me, disowns me" addresses the inferiority complex a lot of african americans have, letting made up bullshit become their biggest problem. this complex does not allow their kind to progress, which ties into the titular joke. there will never be a "nigga" on the moon.

>"you do what my people would grunt" is about how whites actually take the initiative to do things while blacks just get mad at them for doing said things.

>"support gravity, my people would" is about how blacks spend every waking moment of their lives bitching about how whitey keeps them down while still living on welfare.

pretty based guy t︂b︂︂h
>>
when will putin nuke america bros
>>
Kid A "review"

>I've never seen a shooting star
>10.0
>>
surfer´s blood second album
>its shit because the singer beats up girls
they didn´t even review the album
>>
>>61509831
>entitlement
>gaze
Literally Gender theory 101 buzzwords.
>>
>>61509922
MBDTF "review"

>Kanye, uh, tweeted a bunch of random nonsense
>10.0
>>
I never stopped
>>
I never started
>>
>>61509938
I fucking hate that shit, where they spend paragraphs talking about shit that isn't the music.

Sometimes it's necessary context, but a lot of times it's so fucking needless.

>In Pythons' case, this kind of conflation's all but unavoidable; just before it was recorded, an altercation with his then-girlfriend lead to Pitts' arrest for domestic battery. Ultimately, no charges were filed, but as Pitts told Pitchfork, that same tumultuous relationship inspired many of Pythons' lyrics. Even before you hear one note, you may feel conflicted about it, and rightfully so.

>When I heard about John Paul Pitts' arrest last summer, my first response, like that of many others, was a swift and decisive, "Fuck you." Even as more information has come to light, my feelings haven't changed much; Pitts maintains his innocence, and plea-and-pass might be enough for the Florida courts where forgiveness is concerned, but without hearing the other side of the story, I'm still not so sure. Pythons, seething with autobiography, doesn't make it easy to forget the circumstances around its creation, and separating the art from the artists here takes some serious doing; that score at the top of the page is for Pythons, not the people who made it. With Pythons out there, Pitts is going to have to get up there again and again and sing these songs, so full of hurt and confusion, penitence and longing. We'll never know completely what happened that night, but I sincerely hope Pitts never lets himself forget it.

What the fuck is your problem you psycho? You're reviewing an album.
>>
>As a song called "1000 Deaths" chugs to life on D'Angelo's first album in 14 years, the voice of Black Panther Fred Hampton is heard decrying the "megalomaniac" powers that be who stand in the way of peace for blacks and whites alike. "We've got to fight them," the controversial civil-rights leader concludes, "to make them understand what peace means." At age 21, Hampton was shot and killed in a police raid on a Black Panther base on Chicago's West Side in December, 1969; though the authorities claimed that they were justified in the incident, a subsequent federal investigation found that only one shot was fired by the Panthers, while nearly 100 were let off by the cops. Forty-five years later, and just eight miles south of Hampton's slaying, an unarmed 17-year-old named Laquan McDonald was shot 16 times by a single police officer—the latest atrocity involving America's lethal refusal of black being.

Yes hello what does this have to do with the album
>>
File: 1311948375182.jpg (39KB, 454x681px) Image search: [Google]
1311948375182.jpg
39KB, 454x681px
>>61509831
>reading
>>
>>61509948
More like

>uh yeah we may or may not have just gotten a lot of money from Kanye and his people but
>10.0

Not that it's a bad album though. Just not a 10
>>
>>61509845
This. I think I just read a couple of reviews on albums that I liked just to how pitchforks writes. Some were humourous, some were agreeable. Beyond that, never really bothered.
>>
>>61509831
that extract actually makes a lot of sense, i guess you were just "triggered" by it
>>
>>61509873
you make some good points
>>
>>61509997
This review definitely upset me.

You hold a public, vocal position so you use it to stoke the flames under a unconvicted man who maintains his innocence. What fucking swill
>>
While I think pitchfork is stupid etc. I never understood how this album is supposed to be anti-white. Could someone explain this to me? (with citations pls)
>>
>>61510083

lol no

>sometimes white people need to take a metaphorical seat

HAHAHA. ALL white people, huh? Blind, racist, self serving generalization.

>conversations in which they are a cultural object, not the center

Because literally ALL conversations everywhere are about white people, by white people, for white people. Another blind, racist, self serving generalization.

>too comfortable for way too long in this country, in this world

Literally 7 out of 10 people in the United States happen to be white. You literally cannot change this unless you fucking import more brown people. White people as a skin color are not automatically comfortable ALL ACROSS THE GLOBE.

> their sense of entitlement over the planet and its resources

Oh right, I forgot it's white people in India and China burning all that coal. I forgot it's white people in the Middle East sucking up all the oil and selling it to... white people??? This is such a fucking ridiculous stretch.

This is textbook SJW nonsense
>>
>>61510175
Damn, you're really triggered, eh?
>>
>>61510175
>HAHAHA. ALL white people, huh? Blind, racist, self serving generalization.
yup, triggered

>Because literally ALL conversations everywhere are about white people, by white people, for white people. Another blind, racist, self serving generalization.
you failed to make any sense here

>Literally 7 out of 10 people in the United States happen to be white. You literally cannot change this unless you fucking import more brown people. White people as a skin color are not automatically comfortable ALL ACROSS THE GLOBE.
and here

>Oh right, I forgot it's white people in India and China burning all that coal.
A necessity to gain capital in the western inflicted global order
>>
>>61509831
>baby stopped reading in 2015
hi teenager
>>
p4k is still the overall best music review publication on the planet, no matter what anyone here says

deal with it fammo
>>
>>61510254
tinymixtapes and wire are better
>>
>>61509831
Yup, exactly that time.
>>
>>61510271
Remember that time TMT went on a two paragraph rant over Run The Jewels' use of the word "bitch" in their music?

TMT are worse than P4K in every way possible, which is funny cause they're trying so hard to become like old skool P4K
>>
>>61510061

that would make sense if it actually wasn't a 10/10.
>>
>>61510315
>Remember that time TMT went on a two paragraph rant over Run The Jewels' use of the word "bitch" in their music?

no, i dont care

i'm talking about the overall quality and depth of the publications

pitchfork skims over way too many important underground releases for it to be worthwhile
>>
>>61510254
admittedly this is true
>>
>>61510224
>>61510237

Damn, you guys are really fans of shitty music, eh?

If you're white and you agree with any of this nonsense, you've been completely fucked in the head. This isn't even /pol/ tier flat-out racism - it's saying that if you honestly believe that white people are the world's problem, and especially white, straight males, you're being willfully ignorant and actively creating and contributing to the thing you think you're fighting.

My point about 7 out of 10 people in the US being white is meant to highlight how ridiculous it is to live in the US and whine about a white person cutting you off in traffic or being snarky to you at the bank or being hired instead of you, because it's just statistically more likely, by a very high margin, that in this country the people you interact with are going to be or look white. People like to make a big deal about racism, when in reality, a lot of the time, it's just a person being dumb to you that happens to be white.
>>
>>61510556
What the fuck are you going on about?
>>
I'll end this discussion here and now, both >>61510175 and the p4k writer who wrote this >>61509831 are equally as pathetic.

Race wars are a meme, like "do a barrel roll!", the belief that gender is a social construct, and Chocolate Rain. Shit's hella cringeworthy.
>>
>>61509831

And yet never do I once hear that blacks should take a seat, stop being misogynists or generally shitty violent people.

Never do I hear that enough pandering and rationalization has been given, nor ever do I hear that the trauma of slavery has been undone.

I know OP doesnt agree with this review either, I'm just so sick of being told to sit down and shut up and be a good goy
>>
>>61510618
>belief that gender is a social construct
If it is a false belief, why are there varying perceptions of gender in different cultures
>>
>>61510700
Culture is irrelevant.

If you have a dick, you're a dude. If you have a vag, you're a chick.
>>
>>61510714
said the middle-schooler
>>
>>61510727
I turn 25 this year, actually. :^)
>>
>>61510573

lol nice one XD

>>61510618

How does >>61510237 have anything to do with a race war??
>>
>>61510714
>sex and gender are the same
lol
>>
>>61510765
They are to normal people.
>>
>>61510736
that fact doesn't fall in your favour

(you might become a more intelligent, rational, mature and interesting person if instead of dismissing all ideas that aren't in your immediate comfort zone you try to understand where other people are coming from - and why they believe what they believe)
>>
>>61510750
>>61510618

meant to tag >>61510175 not >>61510237
>>
>>61510773
>>61510765
>>61510727
>>61510700

Wow reddit really is here. Maybe even tumblr.
>>
>>61510770
>normal people

sub-120 iq spotted
>>
>>61510790
you are inferior to me
>>
>>61510773
>you might become a more intelligent, rational, mature and interesting person if instead of dismissing all ideas that aren't in your immediate comfort zone you try to understand where other people are coming from

Who said i'm interested in any of those things? I'd rather just be who i am than force my opinions to change because "durrr maturity"

I'm not dismissing anything, i'm just being real, buddy.
>>
>>61510832
Any of what things?

Understanding other people? Understanding other people's identities and beliefs?

If you have no interest you should shut the fuck up and not try to contribute to discussions where you have nothing of value to say
>>
>>61509831
Thought the TPAB bait threads would be left at 2015. Guess I underestimaded the autism level of people on here.
>>
>>61510832
>durr maturity
Are you an unlikeable protagonist played by Adam Sandler?
>>
>>61510770
>>61510790
Wow /pol/ really is here. Maybe even stormfront.
>>
File: a).png (68KB, 256x237px) Image search: [Google]
a).png
68KB, 256x237px
>>61510865
>If you have no interest you should shut the fuck up and not try to contribute to discussions where you have nothing of value to say

Oh the irony of saying this on /mu/.

*mic drop*

>>61510901
/pol/ is just as wrong as this place.
>>
They're basically fantanos
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/9464-shine-on/
>>
>>61509831
But they said literally nothing wrong.
>>
As a white person I really don't get what black people are upset about...

I'm not racist and neither are my friends. In fact I personally have never witnessed racism against blacks. We're all people here. Yeah sure there are stupid cops that shoot innocent people but it happens white on white too so the argument there is invalid.

I don't think there is a racial issue other than the one blacks are trying to create, just so they have something to complain about.

Seriously, live your life, calm down. Being uptight about everything solves nothing, and just makes their issues worse.
>>
>>61511214
I can't find a graph, but blacks still have a significantly lower average standard of living on average than whites

This could be because black people are inherently inferior to whites

It could also be because there hasn't been a consolidated and serious effort to provide the finance and infrastructure to poverty-crippled predominantly black areas, which would help them achieve true equality

It's also quite easy to find accounts of racism experienced by black Americans in the present day

>Seriously, live your life, calm down. Being uptight about everything solves nothing

It's quite a lot easier to have this attitude when you are not discriminated against in any way on the grounds of race, gender or sexuality
>>
>>61511280
p much this
/pol/ refuses to acknowledge that it's money that dictates your life, and the fact is that black communities are very poor. they aren't "inferior" but they do need help
>>
>>61511280

>STRAIGHT WHITE MEN ARE THE ISSUE
>you are not discriminated against in any way on the grounds of race, gender or sexuality

Fuck your stupid bullshit
>>
>>61511314
>discriminated against
>posted about on tumblr sometimes
freshman in college are you?
or high schooler?
>>
>>61511314
hmmm..?
>>
>>61511308

/pol/ isn't one racist capitalist hivemind. Money is just a tool, which is how a lot of people on /pol/ happen to see it. A lot of them just don't agree with wealth redistribution through various means.
>>
>>61510556
>random redneck conspiracy theorist babble

Thx for wasting my time
>>
>>61511336
>black people are the only ones who benefit from muh wealth taxes

lol this delusion
>>
>>61511332
>>61511324

Yeah right, Tumblr and Reddit tier politics have gone 110% mainstream. Maybe you don't watch the news but plenty of people have this drilled into their heads every single day. It's even on fucking billboards and subway ads.
>>
>>61511347

>dismissive millennial nonreply

Go ahead, which part do you disagree with?
>>
>>61511360
They aren't, you're just giving into confirmation bias kid.
You'll grow out of it. World's a big place.
>>
>>61511375

Sorry, you must not talk to a lot of people in the 18-25 age bracket. SJW politics are everywhere.
>>
>>61511419
The whole SJW thing is a fad, it's most likely going to die down this year as the pendulum swings into the other direction, for better and for worse
>>
>>61511419
Confirmation bias.
How old are you?
>>
File: 37.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
37.gif
81KB, 182x249px
>>61510923
>*mic drop*

even worse than being an anime fag

are you really 25
>>
>>61511356
>wanting your money to go to anything other than infrastructure, military, police, and education
>>
heres what i don't get. i always hear that race isn't a legit concept and that we are all the same. ok. so if that's the case then why do they keep praising things for being really black or afrocentric, and upholding black identity? doesn't that kind of create a further separation between people?
>>
>>61511444
>>61511443

The point is that these people are the next generation of politicians, administrators, teachers, whatthefuckever. You cannot unbrainwash them. They are going to be heavily influencing society for a long time.
>>
Its simply following trends

During the mid 2000s it become popular to praise indie rock and obscure music. But that became uncool, to like unpopular shit, so its become a complete 180 where now all the hipsters praise top 40 music.
>>
>>61509831

this paragraph is practically saying nothing, whatsoever. its just a bunch of buzzwords and hot air. not once in this paragraph is there an actual, concrete statement.
>>
>>61511573
Didn't answer my question.
How old are you?
>>
i like some of the songs, but: why are white people so self hating? its like they want to be shit on.
>>
>>61511573
The sjw's are mostly over 18 by now, but I can see that the generation right behind them don't give a fuck and are pretty open about how feminist sjw's are shit. Like I said I can predict that the pendulum is going to swing
>>
>>61511653

Ad hominem, my age is irrelevant to this argument. If you don't see how often white people are mentioned as being the devil on mass media, you aren't paying attention.
>>
>>61509831
This
>>61511607

I can't actually comprehend what the fuck point they are trying to put across. Seems like a huge blanket statement on all white people being universally oppressive, I don't even know.
>>
>>61510175
Why do people take phrases like this to mean "ALL"? Like, did you genuinely read that second quote and think "yes the author is saying that literally all conversations everywhere are about white people, by white people, for white people" or are you being intentionally obtuse in order to be outraged? Do you seriously need the author to say "some" over and over for you to understand what they're saying? It's SJW-like behavior to take a casual generalization and slap "ALL" onto it when that's clearly not what the person meant.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-Blackness

Thanks, Google. I was just looking to see if that quote was real, but good to know.

By the way — TPAB was not a good album. White people, stop overrating garbage because it's political and is made by a black person.

White people need to stop being so cucked and getting so stupid. Just because now you feel bad for the poor niggers your ancestors fucked over (that can't help themselves, right?) doesn't mean you should be so self-flagellating and, well, whiny.

A music site in particular should know more than most the problems with African-American culture, because it's 100% reflected in modern African-American music.
>>
File: youain'tsmart.jpg (59KB, 828x610px) Image search: [Google]
youain'tsmart.jpg
59KB, 828x610px
>>61511280
>This could be because black people are inherently inferior to whites
You realize Black people are like 50 years into freedom. For years we couldn't even go to the same schools are you guys or get the same jobs. Even after the abolishment of slavery you wouldn't give blacks the time of day.

Even in 2016 an old whiteguy most likely has that inherent prejudice within him and won't hire my niggas for jobs. So yes our numbers are going to be a bit low.
>>
>>61511375
>>61511443
>>61511444
Not the same dude but you're wrong as fuck, SJW politics is literally everywhere in North America
>>
>>61511762
Dat jealousy.
>>
>>61511779
Did you read my whole post?

I clearly wasn't trying to put across that view, I put it there to show that is the only real alternative (to my other, more logical explanation) when trying to understand why there still isn't racial equality in the US
>>
>>61511573
Not really dude. You're probably too young to remember this but the early 90's were very similar in terms of PC and social justice and feminist outrage, but that didn't stop the 2000's from happening where it was suddenly very in vogue to be un-PC, offensive, and shocking. It's cyclical.
>>
>>61511792
which is why the number of people who consider themself a feminist is declining???????
>>
>>61511798
Jealous of what? There's nothing to be jealous about. Both sides are absolutely fucked.
>>
>>61511817
[Citation Needed]

Oh I love pulling arbitrary facts out of my ass too but, feels good, huh?
>>
>>61511758

>sometimes white people need to...
>White people have been way too comfortable...in this world
>they choose to see reality solely through their own gaze
>their sense of entitlement over the planet and its resources
>their appropriation of culture

Looks to me like the writer is talking about all white people. If you changed out "white" for "black" or "asian" it would be equally as outrageous and and wrong.
>>
>>61511762
TPAB was a good album, it just wasn't a great album.

If every track on it was as good as the high-points, THEN it would be worthy of all the praise its gotten. But it's too long and has too much filler.
>>
>>61511813

Uhh what are you talking about? The push that came in the early 90s has just continued to grow and influence more people with social media becoming so important. Now it's okay to be offensive and shocking AND feminist all at once and as publicly as possible.
>>
>>61511853
>If you changed out "white" for "black" or "asian" it would be equally as outrageous and and wrong.
It would be equally as stupid to be outraged over that. Surely you don't need your hand held to understand what the author was saying? Pedanticism over generalizations and phrasing is the reason we're in this SJW clusterfuck to begin with, I don't know why people think it's a decent argument against it. Do you seriously, genuinely think when someone makes a generalization, when someone says "tall people," "short people," "bartenders," "cashiers," "Texans," etc. that they mean "LITERALLY ALL OF THEM ALL THE TIME ALWAYS." Come the fuck on and stop pretending like you're confused at what the person was saying in order to take offense. If people actually used their brains and looked at the intention of what a person was saying rather than picking at their phrasing we'd all be a lot better off.
>>
I think that people should stop talking about race all the time if they want races to get along easier. I'm not American so I don't really know what it's like over there but the media there seems to talk about race all the time: whites this, blacks that, etc. Especially entertainment media which young people read a lot. The journalists are always trying to find at least one racial group to attack and blame, it's not a good way to build mutual trust between racial groups. I personally don't really think a truly racially equal society without any prejudices or hints of racism will ever exist, though.
>>
>>61511885
Comedy in the late 90s into the the late 2000s was dependant on being un-PC and shocking. This is how South Park and Family Guy were cultural phenomenons. There was a period where pretty much all stand-up and improv was based on this. This was the popular thing even after the push in the 90's. And it happened in the 70's too! This shit comes and goes.
>>
>1916
>blacks blame shortcomings on whitie

>2016
>whites blame shortcomings on blackie

Kek. Glad I'm alive to see this.
>>
Even if the points weren't generalizations the fact that they were present on a music review is so fucked up I don't understand how any of you can just sit there and ignore them.
>>
>>61511867
The high-points are not that high though. Like what — Mortal Man?
>>
>>61509831
>way too comfortable with their appropriation of culture
Pitchfork is the single #1 driver of cultural appropriation in music, with their patronizing review inflation of terrible hip hop and their metal reviews. Hipster culture is appropriated culture and pitchfork are hipster/wanna-be hipster central when it comes to music.
>>
>>61511941

Except there has never ever been institutionalized discrimination against tall people, short people, bartenders, cashiers or Texans. There are articles upon articles explicitly stating that if you are a straight white male - period - that you do not have any say in some matters. That you lack necessary perspective(s). That you are indeed a racist and sexist. These articles are widely circulated and taken at face value by young, impressionable people. You are being completely, willfully ignorant of this.
>>
>>61510254
Pierro Scaruffi (one man) is objectively better.
>>
>>61512016
>they're only getting good reviews because they're black!

Not my fault white musicians have been slacking off for the past decade. Stop blaming your shortcomings on "anti-white" racism.
>>
>>61512013
Wesley's Theory, These Walls, u, the song portion of Mortal Man (the interview part feels more and more unnecessary with each listen).

Plus, the second-tier of songs on the album - not quite highlights, but still solid tracks - are all worthwhile as well. King Kunta, Hood Politics, How Much a Dollar Cost, i.
>>
>>61509831
alls my life i has to fight nigga
>>
anyone else think that kendrick doesnt even have a lot of vocal talent? when he raps he sounds like shit.
>>
>>61512051

>White musicians have been slacking off lol!
>White musicians are over represented!

Cognitive dissonance at its finest
>>
>>61512051
Except they aren't, the whole point is that black reviews are inflated to serve a political agenda that shouldn't even be present on a serious music reviewing website
>>
>>61512017
You took "conversations in which they are a cultural object, not the center" to mean "literally ALL conversations everywhere are about white people, by white people, for white people." Your justification for this conclusion is that there are other articles (not even this one) that say that straight white men are racist and sexist. This is what you're sticking with? Jesus Christ /mu/ has gotten so fucking bad. Stop seeking out reasons to be offended and mad, you're as bad as Twitter and Tumblr and might be better off there.
>>
>>61512065
He may not have much tonal variation, but he has fantastic rhythmic control that he's able to switch up really well in tracks. Easily in the Top 5 MCs of the 21st century.
>>
File: 1332115208895.jpg (6KB, 251x98px) Image search: [Google]
1332115208895.jpg
6KB, 251x98px
>>61512089

It's not my issue that you haven't read the other articles I'm talking about. Christ man, you seem woefully unaware of the current political climate.
>>
>>61512051
>Stop blaming your shortcomings on "anti-white" racism.
That's a lot of assumptions. I'm half black btw. If anything, "anti-white" racism is of benefit to me but I find it patronizing to be honest.

And just because indie has been shit for the last decade doesn't mean hip hop has been as good as pitchfork are hyping it to be.
>>
File: 39318423.jpg (47KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
39318423.jpg
47KB, 500x382px
>>61512073
Slacking off in terms of quality, dum dum.

>>61512075
>black reviews are inflated to serve a political agenda

Global warming iz a librul conspiracy! Da devil put dinosaur bones on earth to trick mankind!
>>
>>61512133
>And just because indie has been shit for the last decade

Not true at all, by the way.
>>
why are black people allowed to have culture/identity but white people arent?
>>
>>61512153
Why do we cheer when the nerd stands up to the bully, but not when the bully pummels the nerd?
>>
>>61509831
It's a 6/10 album stop either hating it because you can't stand black people/hip hop or praising it because you can't stand white people/rock.
>>
>>61512051
http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?year=2000s
http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?year=2010s

>>61512061
That (improvised?) jazz playing while the interview's going is decent. The interview itself is pretentious and should be removed.

The rest are are either too cringeworthy or decent (the sole example being Wesley's Theory).

This does not make a good album.

Instead of listening to OutKast-worship I'd rather listen to the duo themselves.
>>
>>61510254
Wire is the only truly great music publication, easily better than P4K. Not even getting into individual critics.
>>
>>61512132
You're taking other articles outside of the review in order seek out outrage. Again, if people actually used their brains and looked at the intention of what a person was saying rather than picking at their phrasing we'd all be a lot better off. If you read what was written and attach "ALL" to it, you're a moron. Go back to the /pol/ section of Twitter where the autists use maymay arrows outside of 4chan.
>>
>>61512132
>It's not my issue that you haven't read the other articles I'm talking about. Christ man, you seem woefully unaware of the current political climate.

Starting to sound like a tumblrina on a witch hunt, famalam. But don't let me make you self-aware, he he.
>>
>>61512132
i'm not sure my eyes could roll any harder
>>
>>61510727
says the prison system
>>
>>61512185
lol i don't even notice the jazz in the interview. Jazz is a pretty boring genre when it's not avant-garde.

It's not fair to compare it to Outkast at all. Outkast's sound was more playful and kaleidoscopic. TPAB is more bleak and hazy.
>>
You know a thread is full of retards when a lot of it is just people accusing one another of going on different websites.
>>
>>61512176

>all white people are the bully

:^)

>>61512136

No, they surely haven't. I can almost guarantee that you have music in your collection made by white people from the last decade that you enjoy.

>>61512197
>>61512213
>>61512203

Hahahaha okay so I can't read other things, form an opinion, and then apply that opinion to other things I read. Got it. This level of thought policing and doublethink is exactly what I'm talking about. Looks like you guys lost.
>>
>>61512251
hey reddit
>>
>>61512218
do you yourself think this is an insightful or effective point?
>>
>>61512254
>all white people are the bully
who said 'all'?
>>
>>61511999
underrated post
>>
>>61512228
>Outkast's sound was more playful and kaleidoscopic

I think you misspelt De La Soul. Outkasts' pre-Stankonia production was literally southern G-funk.

>TPAB is more bleak and hazy.

It's actually quite varied. Blacker the Berry and King Kunta have completely different atmospheres despite both being singles.
>>
>>61512251
sup ultimate-guitar
>>
File: 1406402729854.jpg (25KB, 379x379px) Image search: [Google]
1406402729854.jpg
25KB, 379x379px
LOL @ all these white kids mad at this album being good and saying Kendrick sucks.

3 Legitimately solid albums under his belt and somehow he sucks.

W E W L A D
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>61512254
>all white people

Never implied this. Terrible way to try and win an argument, famalam.
>>
when they gave Benji BNM
>>
>>61512295
GKMC and TPAB are both legitimately solid. But neither are AOTY of their respective years, not even close. TPAB came in at #49 on my year-end list, and i thought it was a pretty damn good year for music
>>
>>61512254
>all white people
You sure do jump to this one a lot, not sure why you think it's effective.
>>
>"One more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing, one more time, you know I'm just feelin' celebration, tonight, celebrate, don't wait, too late, we don't stop, you can't stop, we're gonna celebrate, one more time, one more time, one more time, a celebration, you know we're gonna do it right, tonight, just feeling, music's got me feeling the need, we're gonna celebrate, one more time, celebrate and dance so free, music's got me feeling so free, celebrate and dance so free, one more time, music's got me feeling so free, we're gonna celebrate, celebrate and dance so free, one more time."
>6.4
>years later they decide ts the album of the decade now
What the fuck Pitchfork?
>>
>>61512254
Fuck off, whitey. Black people don't need you to defend them against an imagined boogieman.
>>
>>61512304
>>61512285

Oh let's see here

>>61512153

>[all] black people
>[all] white people

>>61512176

>The nerd = all black people
>The bully = all white people

Fuck you retards
>>
>>61512366
Once again, where do any of those posts say "all"?
>>
>>61512366
no one said "all." you just assume that unless someone tells you otherwise?
>>
>>61512397
>>61512419

Where do they say "some"? Holy shit you guys are being this dense just to troll, right?
>>
>>61512315
I can agree with that
>>
>>61512438
>lost an argument
>I'll just crash and burn and hope nobody notices

Embarassing, bruh. Even for a redneck.
>>
>>61512228
>Jazz is a pretty boring genre when it's not avant-garde.

See, this is how I know you motherfuckers are stupid and should not be talking about music.
>>
>>61510224
>>61510237
Wow you guys are truly brainwashed aren't you?
>>
>>61512477
Yeah, da evil Joo has brainwashed us. Plz save us White Knight. Free us from this white guilt!

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
>>
>>61512438
someone has to tell you "some" in order for you to not assume "all?" christ who thinks like this
>>
>>61512438
The problem is you don't have the intelligence to apply what you read to the actual real life situation

A strictly white identity/culture would be one based on superiority over other races, which is already the status quo in the west

Having a black identity is partially resistance to the perceived superiority of whites

Does that make it any clearer?
>>
>>61512136
The fact that a reviewer went on an anti-white rant in the middle of a rap review doesn't seem conspicuous to you? Not even in the same website that employs known anti-white bigots? (Sarah Sahim) If they're this comfortable with their bigotry why wouldn't they just inflate some reviews and deflate others, it doesn't even seem like an extreme move relative to how fucked in the head they already are
>>
>>61512438
wat
>>
>>61512315
>people actually make album lists

holy fuck the autismo
>>
>>61512477
youre a virgin arent you
>>
>>61509873
t. Stefán "Uncle Tom House Nigger" Burnett
>>
Pitchfork isn't an indie website anymore. They're Rolling Stone 2.0. TMT is where it's at.
>>
>>61512538
I fucking love making music-related lists, man.
>>
>>61510773
Most of these people believe in that just for self-acceptance. There's no biological nor rational way of explaining that stupidity.
>>
>>61512521
TPAB was reviewed by Craig Jenkins, not Sarah Sahim.

You might wanna take a step away from the internet for a bit. You're starting to sound like a loon. I'm sure others around you have said the same.
>>
>>61512573
>TMT

Lolno. Their writers are literally /mu/tants who were rejected by P4K.
>>
>>61512472

Sorry man. Being completely ignorant of current race politics and SJW tactics is unforgivable. They exist and are more widespread than you seem to understand.

>>61512516
>>61512532
>>61512517

You're fucking kidding me, right? Someone makes a blanket statement about "black people" being able to have their own culture - something widespread. Something across an entire group. Then someone makes an analogy to black people being the nerd and white people being the bully. This is entry-level literacy. "All" is assumed before "some" in this context. Unless you're trying to forward your agenda.

>one based on superiority over other races, which is already the status quo in the west

Says literally no one besides a few loud racists and all SJWs
>>
File: Addicted to memes.jpg (4KB, 255x112px) Image search: [Google]
Addicted to memes.jpg
4KB, 255x112px
I never started reading Pitchfork. They're run by lefty ideologue hipsters and think they're the smartest people in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehZpUBupS_0
>>
>>61512543
Wow that was pretty pathetic familia.

And no, just in case you are so interested as you seem.
>>
>>61512504
haha noice!
>>
>>61512633
>They exist and are more widespread than you seem to understand.

Thanks for the warning, bro! You never know when an upset individual bent on promoting their political agenda is gonna hijack a music thread.
>>
>>61512598
I never said she reviewed it, I'm just trying to say that the website is known for it's white hatred. They don't even hide it, and I don't know why you're implying this is a controversial opinion
>>
>>61512633
>"All" is assumed before "some" in this context.
that's not how generalizations work senpai
>>
>>61512543
>accuse the other person of being a virgin
The single most common ad hominen attack used by SJWs. Why?
>>
>>61512689
>I'm just trying to say that the website is known for it's white hatred

So the appropriate response is to put down black artists? You're no different from these so-called "anti-white" reviewers.
>>
>>61512738

No one is putting him down - firstly - because he's black. He makes shitty music, that's number one. Secondly is that he tends to write about how shitty white people are to black people and how shitty life is for black people, not to mention he's rich as balls now and still talks about the same trite shit.
>>
>>61512738
Not putting down completely, tpab isn't a bad album, but on certain websites(mainly p4k) they're inflated from like an 8 to a 9
>>
>>61512698
what does it even matter if somebody is a virgin? sex is far from the most important thing in society. personal happiness is.
>>
>>61511684
LOL OK teen
>>
>>61511779
Do you think poor white people are inferior? If they aren't, what's keeping them poor if they have a privilege and a way to get out of poverty? They don't, that's the problem, black people were lumped into poverty, and class problems are the ones keeping them there, if you cannot get a good education you're most likely to stay poor, and education on poor neighborhoods is really awful. I didn't even get 50 years, I got 5, I came from Cuba, no shoes, not a single cent, but I could get out of poverty because I had something most black people don't, an education, I got ass blasted by a guy who was paying me minimum wage for doing worth at least 5 times that and I spent many years studying. As I got my life together I got out of poverty, but I did live among the uneducated, and they really believe that they're doing the most they could. Black people just happen to fall in the middle of a bad class problem, and it's easy to see the correlation, but it's helpful to see into the causation too you know?
>>
File: 1216128.jpg (30KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1216128.jpg
30KB, 301x300px
Have you ever noticed that the only people complaining about SJW's are kids who are either in high school or early college?
>>
>>61512698
when you can't argue rationally you attack the other personally. also male feminists like to project their intense need for female validation. in their mind having the right opinion is the only way to get girls to like them, and they idealize the fuck out of girls to a gross level.
>>
>>61512920
Also the only people who are "sjw's" are in high school and early college. I'm not even talking about the left in general, the left in the 90s is not the same left in the 2010's
>>
>>61512920
That's also the only people who are SJWs
>>
>>61512900
>Cuba
>white

ayyy
>>
>>61512624

which is good because they actually review obscure, weird stuff and aren't SJWs
>>
>>61512882
Heavy argument right there.
>>
> white guilt is real
> white people are the problem
> you retards don't see that trying to blame successful white people just makes us hate you failure blacks more
>>
>>61512943
Just because the internet has allowed a proliferation of more radical identity-politics related issues into the mainstream doesn't mean the shared values of the left has changed even slightly

>>61512945
That depends on your definition of SJW - such a meaningless term you'd have thought any intelligent individual would avoid using it
>>
>>61512972
>aren't SJWs

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/features/2015-identity-crisis
>>
>>61512961
I never said or implied I was white.
>>
>>61513018
There's no arguing with kids. They're headstrong and immature.
>>
>>61509845
this desu senpai
>>
>>61513066

>He doesn't think that white people are the devil and need to take the back seat while the superior colored artists take the stage?!?!?!
>WHAT A CHILD LOL
>>
>>61513112
>He doesn't think that white people are the devil

calm down retard no one thinks that
>>
>>61509831
>When did you stop reading Pitchfork?
I wanted to stop listening to the same indie rock albums over and over again.
>>
>>61513022
What I'm saying is most people who would have identified with the left are really laissez faire individualists and more in line with cultural libertarianist values. Maybe the current wave of SJW's are opening peoples eyes to the ridiculousness of what the left really stands for, that's why so many now days are disenfranchised with the left
>>
>>61513112
No I think you're a child because you've refused to give your age, kid. :)
>>
>>61513153
yeah and there's no merit or truth to what you're saying

>that's why so many now days are disenfranchised with the left

First of all you mean disillusioned, not disenfranchised

secondly, name an instance from the past 20 years when an american/british politician such as sanders or corbyn have gained as much traction and popularity

and neither of them having anything to do with "sjw"ism
>>
>>61513042

>The thinkpiece has positioned itself at the intersection of music criticism and soft social justice, just enough to feign the pretense of a “controversial” angle to contextualize the inherently controversial and divisive state of music"

>If any music this year summoned the paradigm of power both against and toward the sensational vacuum, it was in the way Oneohtrix Point Never and Jenny Hval sensationalized their own art to subvert the productive forces that contained them.

...how is this SJW??
>>
>>61509873
I was down w this post until the greentext started, at which point it became drivel
>>
>>61513229
idk just thought it was a bunch of sjw mumbo jumbo tbbh
>>
>>61509831
this, and their top 50 for 2015 did it for me. also, everything meagan garvey has ever written has helped.
>>
>>61511517
there is no inconsistency in dismissing race, in the sense of biological differences, while upholding the right of black people to their own culture and identity against oppressive social conditions
>>
>>61513255
They don't have a right to their own cultural identity. They have stolen every good aspect of white culture - you better bet your ass that we're going to steal the few gems (namely music) that they can come up with.
>>
>>61510315
>any eureka album
>any p4k BNM

enough said. they overlap probably twice a year. TMT would never give a eureka to kendrick, but they sure as hell would give it to dr yen lo, death grips, or sicko mobb.
>>
>>61513277
i feel really bad for you
>>
>>61513321
Because I'm not an idiot and I won't fall for the white guilt memes? desu desu
>>
>>61510254
Giving pretty much all Beatles albums 10s and literally all VU albums 10s isn't stupid?
They're both tremendous bands that made incredible music, but this is just pandering and amateurish.
>>
>>61513216
>yeah and there's no merit or truth to what you're saying

I would disagree, so would the rising backlash against politcal correctness. Many people are becoming more educated to where there values really lie, the new political correctness cancer is sucking out all the joy and humanity out of society, it's the same uptight regime that the religious right had in the past
>>
>>61513343
>Because I'm not an idiot

trust me, I am objectively superior to you, and I can see that you are
>>
>>61513209

>I refuse to respond to the points you're making and instead will keep bringing up something completely irrelevant to the conversation

It's looking pretty bad if I do turn out to be a kid. You and your threadmates are ignorant as balls.

>>61513255

>oppressive social conditions

Which ones are you talking about?? The ones that make it so they can't post their music for free for everyone to hear it?? Or all their other works? Come on man, it's 2010+6.
>>
>>61510556
>>61510175
>when you realize this fucker isnt just baiting
>unironically refers to racism against white people and uses "SJWs" derogatorily
p4k's identity politics are admittedly terrible, and the fact that they got worse after they were picked up by a major media conglomerate does say something, but this is just reddit-tier shit
>>
>>61513277
You're pathetic.
>>
>>61513362
honestly people who whine about political correctness are less valuable than the mentally disabled
>>
>>61513372
I giggled, good job.
>>
I never started.

I've always been right.
>>
>>61513399
That's very ableist of you :^)
>>
>>61513377
You aren't old enough to have a valid opinion on society.
>>
>>61513343

you can NOT be racist and NOT have white guilt at the same time, you know that right?

it is extremely likely, based literally on objective scientific findings, that the first humans on earth were black (or at least not white) so if you wanna get super technical that means it's likely that the majority of everything whites have ever done was derived from blacks or generally other races in some way
>>
>>61513389

Are you suggesting that no one is being racist towards white people? Are you suggesting that being an SJW is a good thing?
>>
>>61513417
that was kind of the point

this oppressive political correctness that people whine about isn't a real thing, it exists only in people's heads
>>
>>61513440
Have you been to a college campus? I wonder if you're just trying to deflect opposition
>>
>>61513420

Right - and you are. Not that we're probably the same age or anything. Honestly man, if you agree with this article or modern identity politics, you're fucked and I'm not going to be the one to save you.

>>61513468

This. Oh but then they say "they'll grow out of it"
>>
>>61509831

Ahahahahaha. Did they actually write that?
>>
>>61513440

>this oppressive political correctness that people whine about isn't a real thing, it exists only in people's heads

except for when censorship of art/entertainment starts happening, which it has, especially with video games

inb4 hurr durr video games are shit only neckbeards play them, yeah sure but you can't deny how scary it is that the west is afraid to publish video games that "objectify" women too much (example: the new Dead Or Alive game) or force developers to change the canon age of characters so we don't see underage drinking or shit like that
>>
Universal Themes review
Pitchcuckhold was literally the only publication to shit on it because Marky Mark had the audacity to engage in a little banter with one of their writers. Fuck that review and fuck pitchfork
>>
>>61513429
Derived doesn't mean shit if they didn't contribute. Anybody can be the first to sharpen a stick, but not everybody can create the Internet.
>>
>>61513277
>They don't have a right to their own cultural identity. They have stolen every good aspect of white culture - you better bet your ass that we're going to steal the few gems (namely music) that they can come up with.

I was answering the question about it being inconsistent to value a black cultural identity, among blacks, while dismissing the concept of race. I wasn't referring to bullshit like "cultural appropriation".

>Which ones are you talking about?? The ones that make it so they can't post their music for free for everyone to hear it?? Or all their other works? Come on man, it's 2010+6.

you too, see the original question. I said there is no inconsistency, on the level of principle, in saying blacks are institutionally oppressed and have a right to their cultural identity, and not believing in biological race.

I'm not positioned to say anything at all about how racial relations really are in America.
>>
>>61509831
After they scrapped Ian Cohen's review of Sun Kil Moon's Universal Themes to write a new one with a presumably lower score and SJW focus. Just fuck that publication, I should've quit long before that.
>>
>>61513430
Apparently racism against white people isn't racism, it's just justified prejudice. White's are always in power even when all minorities have equal opportunity and even special rights, the push that white males still hold all the power will go on to justify the progressive movement while white males will continue to be demonized for their power
>>
>>61513520
sorry, meant to tag you too: >>61513377
>>
>>61513508
>>61513535
word up, senpai
>>
>>61513468
I'm a university student, I am friends with people on both sides of the political spectrum

What's your point?
>>
>>61513506
>you can't deny how scary it is that the west is afraid to publish video games that "objectify" women too much

Sure I can. I'm doing it right now.
>>
Just remember that pitchcuck gave the new Peaches album a 7 because of 'muh gender issues'.
>>
>>61513020
Black people were enslaved for centuries, then shoved into crammed urban areas and forced to attend underfunded schools with poorly trained teachers, have little to no opportunity to advance, bare over-policed and disproportionately the most likely demographic to be arrested, convicted, sentenced to prison and even killed for committing the same crimes. But the problem is completely with them.

God, I hate reactionaries.
>>
>>61513479
>Right - and you are.
I am, yeah.
Not everyone is sub-18 kid.
>>
>>61513559

Do you go to school in America? Not that it matters - it's everywhere. If you don't see it, you're choosing not to at this point.
>>
do people actually read the reviews ever? they dont even talk about the music
>>
>>61513506
>yeah sure but you can't deny how scary it is that the west is afraid to publish video games that "objectify" women too much (example: the new Dead Or Alive game) or force developers to change the canon age of characters so we don't see underage drinking or shit like that

yes, it is scary.. terrifying in fact

middle class white boy problems lmao
>>
>>61513587
This. Which is why this>>61513566
>>
>>61513468
Not that anon but I go to an average college and the level of SJW intolerance is nothing like the right wing tries to portray. Yes, safe spaces and hivemind SJWs exist here, but it's a small portion of the student body. The notion that colleges are enclaves of coddled SJWs is way overplayed to rile up people and gain political support.
>>
>>61513583
the uk

What is it that is everywhere?

Opinions that differ from your own? Why does that bother you so much?
>>
>>61513518

It's kind of inherently implied that being derivative of something means that something did contribute to what you are now doing.

>>61513564

enjoy it while you can because the next step is shutting down /mu/ for all the posts about wanting to rape Lauren Mayberry, and then
getting rid of the first amendment, and the second one too...
>>
>>61513573
The black community only has itself to blame these days though, it's the progressives that are keeping them down. I'll admit that in the past I would have stood up for black rights, but today they have all the opportunity they need, and what blacks need to do is stop blaming whitey and get their shit together, and a lot of black people do. The Victim culture is very toxic
>>
>>61513579

>ur a kid
>lol ur a kid
>ur young
>lol kid
>kid
>kid
>kid

Keep it up, dipshit. Just keep proving that SJWs are complete failures.

>>61513615

lol at someone in the UK telling people how it is in America.
>>
>>61513573
I like to think that greentext was shitty bait but it's probably a semi-real opinion from some /pol/ spillover retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x580px
>>61513573
And what about the thousands of years before? Muh subsaharan diseases, or muh predators? Also holy shit this thread turning into /pol/
>>
>>61513639
>lol at someone in the UK telling people how it is in America.
By that logic someone would only be able to talk about how it is at their own college, and not make generalisations about college campuses
>>
>>61513660
What are you talking about?

Also, your shitty /pol/ memes aren't funny.
>>
>>61513696

Wrong. The education system in America is highly connected and heavily influenced by very public political decisions.
>>
File: IMG_14510164697811554017394.jpg (12KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_14510164697811554017394.jpg
12KB, 128x128px
I mean sure i love this album , but god fucking dam is it overrated
>>
This thread is making my head ache.

Why can't we just discuss music?
I honestly think they should make a hip hop board, it'd probably fix these problems.
>>
>>61513624
How does it still only have itself to blame? This is shitty logic considering their educational opportunities are lower, their arrest rates are substantially higher for things like drug usage (despite very similar usage levels compared to whites), they have lower employment prospects (even with all qualifications being equal, people with 'blacker' names and darker skin are less likely to be hired), black families have lower incomes (the gap being closed a tiny bit recently, but mainly due to working more hours and not higher wages), and black families have much less wealth (whites have significantly higher intergenerational opportunities such as money for college, transportation, down payments, etc.). These problems all have a compounding nature and only exceptional individual cases become aberrations to the trends. If you're seriously playing all of this down to individual characteristics and ignoring the systemic realities, I have to say you're either retarded or willfully ignorant. I hate your average liberal just as much as anyone else, but let's not get delusional about racial conditions in the U.S.
>>
>>61513844
>debating /pol/ instead of /mu/

fail.
>>
>>61513766
I think they're pretty funny :3
>>
>>61513872
>fail

I hope you had safe travels on your trip over here from 9gag
>>
>>61513660
>Also holy shit this thread turning into /pol/

Haha no. No mature, reasonable person holds the same opinions as that board.
>>
>>61513844
according to this, i'm a nigga
>>
>>61513900
A man who knows his memes. Impressive.
>>
>I'm as black as the heart of an aryan.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61513966
Well it's quite clear that he's saying that all white people are morally abhorrent and should be exterminated
>>
>>61513844
They have the oppertunity, but right now they're stuck in a toxic culture mixed with a victim complex. The only people who are going to fix black issues are blacks themselves, but they're probably not going to as long as they're blaming all their shortcomings on the white system. It's similar to /r9k/ blaming normies for their depression and social shortcomings, rather than make a difference they blame the world for holding them back and never take action to get out of their situation. I believe black people have the capability, and they don't need white liberal faggots to be their savior
>>
>>61513912
/pol/ is merely dominated by paranoids who wish to believe that the government fears them so much that it gives them an unwarranted sense of self-importance
>>
>>61514005
>I believe black people have the capability, and they don't need white liberal faggots to be their savior

This so much
>>
>>61514005
you are a real piece of shit
>>
>>61509845
Going to a website for opinions never really made sense to me, that's why I come to /mu/
>>
>>61514068
He's right tho kid
>>
>>61514056
b-but only white people have solutions to black problems
>>
>>61514072
I only come here to dominate and enforce my opinion on others.

Listening is for betas.
>>
>>61514084
Actually what he said is infuriatingly moronic and anyone who isn't racist (or has even the most remedial knowledge of black history in the US) would be able to see that
>>
File: 1420836175345.gif (450KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1420836175345.gif
450KB, 300x169px
>>61514068
>>
>>61514136
>xD u mad bro?
>>
>>61514123

So let me get this straight - you support an article that bashes white people and tells them they're the problem and to change how they act to make the world a better place, but when someone replaces "white" with "black" your jimmies get rustled. Huh.
>>
>>61514005
Okay, I see a bit of common thought here insofar as white liberals haven't actually accomplished much at all for blacks. However, I still think you're delusional if you think the average black kid has the same educational/career opportunities as the average white kid. You're treating the black population as if they live in some sort of social vacuum in which they can make up their collective minds and suddenly end poverty, high imprisonment, etc. merely by their own will. The reality is that they exist within a larger ocial system. Yes, it's partially made up by them (and largely made up by them in their own small communities) and they do have democratic opportunities, but it's still a white-majority system and liberals and conservatives alike have failed to create fair conditions. If the 1960s brought de jure equality, we have yet to see de facto equality of opportunity in the States.
>>
After that article about the unbearable whiteness of indie

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/

this tumblr tier bullshit irks me
>>
File: pitchfork-2015-songs.jpg (25KB, 480x222px) Image search: [Google]
pitchfork-2015-songs.jpg
25KB, 480x222px
havent paid attention to PF this year. anyone have a pack of their top 100 tracks of the year? thats usually how i form opinions.
>>
>>61514179
you are so utterly moronic i cant even be bothered to explain why

but heres a hint: black and white people are not on a level playing field in america

saying white people should try to be more open-minded and try to understand certain things from the point of view of black people is VERY different to saying all black people should somehow pull themselves out of poverty.

>your jimmies get rustled
please fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>61514221

>you're delusional if you think the average black kid has the same educational/career opportunities as the average white kid

The only way to change this is to focus on the education system. Teachers don't give a fuck, it doesn't matter if you're black. We need competent people in schools, being paid well for actually educating children from all kinds of backgrounds.
>>
>>61514179
The reactionary condemnation of the concept of 'white guilt' is grounded in a fundamental sense of misunderstanding and affected persecution. All white people aren't racist. All white people aren't the problem. All white people shouldn't feel guilty for the mistakes of their predecessors. We should know these facts and call people out on it if they disagree. I think the concept is more of a call to white people that they can and should be part of the SOLUTION rather than just nominally supporting racial equality.
>>
>>61514221
The things I'm saying is, white's aren't holding blacks down anymore, well it's an unfair situation for lots of black individuals, the cause of their disadvantages today are the fault of black culture itself. The only way they're going to fix their shit starts within their own communities, and individual life choices. Self responsibility is much more positively valuable than self victimization even when they do have some unfair disadvantages, and really it's gotten to the point where it's mostly on their own community
>>
>>61514274
Right! And I'm not saying the system is 100% of the time directly and actively trying to discriminate against blacks. It's just the fact that they ultimately face these shitty conditions disproportionately. I think that since these are systems dictated by funding and policies, there are solutions to be found and implemented.
>>
Well this thread is going just about as well as I thought it would.
>>
>>61514343
>self responsibility is much more positively valuable than self victimization even when they do have some unfair disadvantages

See, this is the fucking problem. While self-responsibility is great and I advocate that for any demographic, your insistence that that is the sole solution and your admittance that there are 'some unfair disadvantages' is an indication of your valuation of the black community. 'Yeah, maybe they face systemic discrimination, but just have a better attitude!' What a pathetic solution. In a social world you cannot dictate how every individual acts. What you can do is create just and auspicious conditions, which, while certainly not improving everyone, will help the community overall. The only way to do this is to have a support base for such equality that transcends racial/ethnic barriers. The onus is not merely on one set of people, but the overarching society in which they live.
>>
>>61510042

What the fuck
>>
>>61510770
Sex, until the past few decades, was something mostly entirely concrete and unchangeable (it's even debatable that that has changed) for the entirety of human history. Men and women have played different roles as counterparts across time and space, however, and this is what is meant by "gender." If you can't understand the difference, it's not because you aren't an SJW, it's because you're uneducated or willfully ignorant.
>>
>>61512065
I literally never heard Kendrick and went on iTunes and previewed For Free? and I thought he was a woman
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.