[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i swear hip hop has never been this shit, now its all about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 5

File: future.jpg (69KB, 344x339px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
69KB, 344x339px
i swear hip hop has never been this shit, now its all about

bragging and flexing about how "strong" you are
>thugga will break a nigga nose lil nigga!

nonsensical acronyms and namedropping random brands
>uoeno uoeno uoeno uoeno
>versace versace versace versace
>spendin errything on alexander wayne!
>yeezy yeezy jumped over jumpan

talking about how tough of a drug dealer you are to keep that "SKREET CRED", constantly saying shit like plug, ice, wrists and similar
>muh plug cookin some real good shit
>we movin diego
>in love with that coca like they OT
>9mm my brothers my keeper he be servin that ether

namedropping random athletes that dont got anything to do with it
>michael vick cook it so good man cause he use a lefthand
>two 9s on me like im warren sapp
>she changed her hair again my bitch like dennis rodman

constantly having the need to inform everyone about your "realness"
>im the realest nigga you ever seen since mj
>whats this i see? mothafuckas tryna act like gs!

talking about sex and fucking sluts
>i just hit a 3 peat, fucked 3 hoes i met this week
>if she aint a virgin then the bitch only average
>you ain neva had no rich sex

informing everyone about how rich you are
>40 on my wrists
>diamonds in my teeth so talking aint cheap!
>talking bout Ms nigga!

trying to get simpathy from everyone with self-criticizing lyrics, playing on that "im just another human being, i aint perfect" card, portraying yourself as a self aware addict or someone whos heart has been broken, etc
>that codeine future tried to give it up, man i cant give it up
>drake on diamonds dancing and entire hotline bling
>stoner young thugga, stoner young thugger
>when you fuckin on a nigga, do you think about me

so why aren't we allowed to enjoy conscious rap again? is there an actual reason?

every time i try to do it all these meme rap fans here start spamming "le born in le wrong generation", "g2bed dad XDDDDDDD", "le illmatic le mos def XDDDDDD list goes on" and similar

so why?
>>
Why are you listening to trap music and trying to find lyrical quality in it?
>>
Why are you listening to trap music?
>>
DS2 was really depressing wtf are u talking?
>so why aren't we allowed to enjoy conscious rap again? is there an actual reason?
production is always garbage. the positive meaning they try to preach is always mis-informed. If i wanted knowledge and heartfelt lyrics I'd listen to some folk music or you know READ A BOOK ffs
>>
>>61489504
>"le born in le wrong generation",
>"g2bed dad XDDDDDDD",
>"le illmatic le mos def XDDDDDD
>>
Are you implying that To Pimp a Butterfly didn't change everything? Because it changed everything
>>
>>61489504
>>uoeno uoeno uoeno uoeno
what does this mean?
>>
Popular hip-hop is more redundant than ever but the /r/hiphopheads crowd that infests /mu/ will just maymay-arrow you with ">le wrong generation xDDDD" posts because they're knee-jerk reactionaries who believe that if you criticize Young Thug and moan-trap it means you hate things just because they're popular.
>>
WE WUZ KING AND SHEIT NYUKKAAA
>>
>hip hop finally starts being musically bearable
>lyricsfags complain that they don't get MUH COMPLEX THEMES like impersonating Scarface

why don't lyricsfags just become literate so that they can enjoy words that actually take effort to put together and let the rest of us enjoy actual music?
>>
no its kinda better right now. now those years from 2006 to like 2010 was just awful, hands down the worst of hip hop
>>
>>61489692
Uoeno

:^)
>>
>>61489687
Correct that's a fantastic album. Redefines rap as a genre and takes THE BIGGEST leap of faith that an artist has taken since Metallica's St. Anger which sucked
>>
>>61489692
You ain't even know
>>
>>61489729
truth
>>
>>61489504
thats the only world they know of.
>>
>>61489618
and i hate all these people who are trying so hard to intellectualize future's music, people are calling him deep and shit

there's nothing deep, sad or metaphysical about it, DS2 is not some metaphysical concept album. its like, people are so sensitive about enjoying something that people perceive as "dumb" that they feel the need to try to intellectualize it when its really not applicable. if you want to enjoy dumb hip hop like future then enjoy it, it is what it is. trying to find some deeper meaning in "imma put my thumb in her butt" or "i just fucked yo bitch in some gucci flip flops" just makes you look like a tryhard.

future is as straight forward as it gets, stop trying to make his music more than what it is...

either he's just another dumbass addict and an ex drug dealer (nothing deep or sad about it) or it's all probably fake: it's an act and a marketing tool. like, just look at him, he is in shape and is constantly working. then look at that idiot gucci mane if you want to see what a real addict looks like.

ds2, codeine crazy, etc, i think its marketing, all of it. the industry behind him wants you to think he's addicted to it, because it sells. that's the way the music industry works.
>>
soundcloud.com/tehmoor-sadiq/the-art-of-freestyle-no-tellin-instrumental-drake
>>
>>61489692
You don't even know.
>>
Like, why can't there be more amazing albums like PInata?
>>
>>61489963
He does have some pretty depressing lyrics though. Especially in DS2.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6450676

>>
>>61489963
holy crap you're such a crybaby. Nobody is forcing you to reply to us or even care about trap music. just filter the word and move on. certain songs on ds2 are depressing I don't see how thats trying to "intellectualize" It. Fuck off and go listen to real rap.I never see anybody who likes trap music go out of their way to diss the shit you like. so give us the same respect
>>
>>61490096
trap loving niggers make fun of people who like tame impala or swans on /mu/
>>
>>61490168
thats just banter especially on tame impala
schoolboy q and travis scott constantly talk about them on snapchat and interviews on how kevin inspires them.
>>
File: 1360892190203.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1360892190203.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>tfw when I grew out of being an angsty little shit like OP
>tfw I know that complaining about something won't change it
>tfw able to appreciate different types of rap music for their strengths and not get hung up on petty shit
>>
>>61489504
What's yout definition of Hip-Hop?because all that shit you bitched about is still Hip-Hop
>>
It all about Dabbin rn lil niqqa
>>
>>61490238
I kissed a girl to Schoolboy Q's Studio the other night at the party, now I can't get the song out of my head.
>>
>>61490247
shabazz palaces
death grips
dalek
young fathers
clipping
>>
>>61490476
No in words

Define Hip-Hop
>>
>>61490245
Now all you have to do is learn to not get triggered so much.
>>
>>61489717
Hi there! You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up.

You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, when your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation. Oops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started. Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely necessary to the post that you're making.

Now, there's no need to thank me. I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous imageboard culture and kill yourself.
>>
>>61490476
>"define hip hop"
>namedrops artists he likes
Literally retarded
>>
>>61489504
>so why aren't we allowed to enjoy conscious rap again? is there an actual reason?
what exactly makes you think "you aren't allowed to enjoy what you want"? you are the guy making a thread crying about people enjoying things you don't.

why don't you just listen to shit you like? you must be a very sad person
>>
>>61489504
I always laugh whenever someone calls Future a genius.

With both arms covered in tattoos like that the odds of him being a Mensa member or pillar of the community are extremely low.
>>
>>61490636
>Now all you have to do is learn to not get triggered so much.
says the guy who probably spent 20 minutes typing out that massive rant
>>
>>61490830
>implying being a Mensa member is anything noteworthy

It literally means nothing.
>>
>>61490830
>>61490857
Ya, Mensa is basically a big circlejerk of intelligent people who could've been succesful
>>
>>61490857
>>61490886
I don't think I've ever heard of a mensa member that did anything noteworthy, besides do stupid shit like memorizing digits of pi or be able to do calculus really fast.
mensa is a garbage dump for wasted potential
>>
i don't want no liquor cause i been drinking that dirty
>>
>>61489504

Thats racist. You have to listen to that real rap shit when you a white boy on 4chan.
>>
>>61491197
You're tried too hard.
>>
>>61491254
You really think more than 5 people who post hip hop on /mu/ are black? Really?
>>
>>61490854
wasn't me. you can't stand anyone who doesn't view everything exactly like you, can you? if you're looking to be coddled you should just leave.
>>
>>61489776
wtf i listened to it like 37 times and it sounds like all the other hip hop albums i've listened to 37 times. ur all in high school tho
>>
>>61491824
I think he was being condescending desu.
>>
>>61491740
It's pretty obvious you are OP dude. You are the one being absolutely furious that people like "less intelligent" rap than you do but at the same time try to act as it is everybody else who is forbidding you to listen to rap you like. Not only that, you also seem to completely oblivious to the contradictory hypocrisy in your original post and all the ones following it. I simply refuse to believe there is more than one person on /mu/ this dense. And this is why I'm 99% certain that you are indeed OP.
And I do hope that one day you will learn to stop torturing yourself by listening to swag rap and just listen to shit you like. Have a nice day
>>
what trap rappers should i be listening to senpai?
>>
>>61492645
Truly enlightened fedora warriors listen to immortal technique and vinnie paz, oh and of course dalek
>>
>>61492645
Whoever the fuck you like nigga
>>
>>61489504
I like older hiphop
its so funky
>>
>>61492842
But there's so many out there. I like future, gucci, project pat, oj, and shit but idk who else is good to check out.
>>
>>61489504

this is why lil b is meta

he did satire of exactly what you are describing in 2010
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (194KB, 503x500px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
194KB, 503x500px
i agre, the tru golden age is behind us
>>
>>61492421
To be honest, I think all rap is memerap but OP thinks "conscious rap" is different (I guess) and somehow better. Atleast I'm keeping my negative opinions in here.

>You are the one being absolutely furious that people like "less intelligent" rap
I associate with people who like that and it has never bothered me. It sounds alright but I really can't get into it. Some lines, usually in the chorus, are funny though but thats about all it does for me.

>but at the same time try to act as it is everybody else who is forbidding you to listen to rap you like.

But I haven't been able to listen to rap in years, I'm sorry, I'm just not very interested at the moment. I listen to other trash that people constantly make fun of but because I'm such a stupid hipster, it only makes me appreciate the music I like a bit more and doesn't upset me. I don't know why I typed all this, I really need to find better things to do when I'm bored.
>>
>>61492878
K Camp KISS 3 and You Welcome mixs are good
Fab ain't trap but he got it
Tory lanez is ight
>>
>>61490245
>tfw able to appreciate different types of rap music for their strengths and not get hung up on petty shit
/thread
>>
>>61489963
You literally just repeated all over your post how Future is dumb and can't be anything more than that?

Have you ever considered you might be wrong?
>>
>>61489963

> gucci mane
> dumb

traphouse 1-4 and breakfast-dinner were fire and you know it cocksucker
>>
>>61491300
more black people here than you think, we just don't out ourselves, same reason grills don't say they're female unless they want attention

but your race literally means nothing when it comes to appreciating music you fucking idiot
>>
>>61494346

Give it back, jamal.
>>
>>61494333
anyone with an ice cream cone tattoo on their face cant be smart
>>
>>61494346
how do you feel about crackers like post malone shamelessly imitating black music and getting payed for that?
>>
>posts in music board
>WHY IS ALL THE MUSIC I LISTEN TO GARBAGE

listen to different music you fucking retard
>>
>>61492999
So you actually like shit like Grandmaster Flash?
>>
>>61494495
>FreeShrugs.jpg
>>
>>61489504
Braggadocio spawned from the "bling" era of HipHop and became a reocurring theme.

Just as much as rock artists wail over instrumentation about a bitch or some arbitrary theme, rap artists visit the same themes too
>>
lol go listen 2 ra the struggle man nerd
>>
is there anything he's made that isn't heavily auto-tuned?
>>
>>61494495
>says cracker
>is probably white
>>
>>61494495
are blacks not allowed to make heavy metal? he can do whatever he wants, doesn't mean I'm gonna listen to him because he sucks

white iverson is catchy as hell though
>>
>>61496757
but the problem is this fatass cracker has a bunch of videos of him and his white friends as teenagers acting like normal cacs doing they cactivities with 0 of that fake blackccent he now uses

everything about him is so fake it pisses me off

i still cant believe coonye done put his wack cac ass on a track
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6453675 http://strawpoll.me/6453675
>>
"NIGGAS ARE MAD AT THIS DUDE CUZ HE'S A "HIPHOP PURIST" WHICH IS THE WORST TERM EVER.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT IS HIPHOP? WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT HIPHOP IS YOU FUCKIN 500G PRIVATE COLLEGE LOAN PAYING VEGAN JERKOFF? I'M FROM THE BRONX. BORN RAISED & DYING HERE. NEVER LIVED ANYWHERE ELSE AND I DON'T HAVE THE AUDACITY TO TELL NIGGAS "THIS IS HIPHOP", "THAT ISN'T HIPHOP"

JOEY BADASS IS HIPHOP
FRENCH MONTANA IS HIPHOP
ACTION BRONSON IS HIPHOP
ERYKAH BADU IS HIPHOP
A MCCHICKEN WITH CHEESE AND EXTRA PICKLES IS HIPHOP
PLAYING XBOX AND TELLING WHITE TWEENS TO "STICK THEY GOGURT IN THEY GRANDMA RASCLAT PUSSYOLE" IS HIPHOP
MY DICK IS HIPHOP"
>>
>>61491086

what does "rec" mean
>>
>>61489504
its always been about that lol retard. its just the backpack conscious stuff isnt as popular now as the braggy pop anthem shit is.
>>
>>61489504

really it's either this style of rap or the "we wuz kangs" style of rap
>>
>>61496818
You are really hot & bothered about nothing
>>
>>61489963
Future kinda covers that in the VladTV interview, the concept of 'dumbing down'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvJ1CLVHayQ

Meaning can be intended or accidental, either are valid to discuss. Future conveys meaning through sonics not lyrics. Listen to the expression in the voice, you can't rely on RepGenius to validate hip-hop.
>>
How can you people tell if Future's using autotune?

To me it sounds like a normal voice, or I just got too used to the sound of autotune.
>>
>>61499347

it's so fucking obvious you normie shit I bet you can't even tell the difference between mp3s and flacs
>>
>>61499347
You got used to it.
>>
>>61499405
No it isn't.

Like for example here, I can't tell if he's using autotune or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzWUa26XNsI
or here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y-edrXIZjA

Meanwhile in a song like this it's easy as fuck to tell it's autotune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZKWoJPM8Zw
>>
dude holy shit that's how it's always been. rappers have been talking about weed and sex and branding themselves since the 90s. get used to it.
>>
>>61499705
except these rappers are not lyrical 100% of the time
>>
i don't see the point in having kanye and rocky on the hook if you can't hear kanye that well. just leave him off then. seems like the only reason would be for publicity/listens. also the hook are really average. and the intro reminds me of "no makeup" on section 80, in terms of like, what are you guys thinking? overall disappointed with this one.
>>
>>61489687
It's a great album but what did it change?
>>
>>61489504
hip hop has been dead for a long time, all that shit is more pop than rap
>>
>>61489504
Look deeper you fucking faggot. Plenty of good hip hop out there with deep, awesome lyrics.
>>
File: 1441083511360.jpg (104KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1441083511360.jpg
104KB, 803x688px
>>61502701

>didn't knoe but freddie gibbs came to my dead city in bumfuck canada before shadow of a doubt got released last year so he probably wouldve been playing shit from pinata

This shit kills me every-time I listen to that masterpiece. Fucking get depressed because of this shit.
>>
>>61499647
Lol do your ears work? All 3 of the songs you posted are autotuned, with Paranoid being the only good one.
>>
all other music:
Love
Sex
Heartbreak
other emotions every once in a while

i mean really
>>
>>61503010
that's just how future's voice sounds you dumb nigger, meanwhile kanye sounds like a robot because he is using auto tune
>>
>>61503010
the future songs are definitely not autotuned
>>
>>61503010
>>61503538
fyi this is how future sounds with autotune hook only, nothing else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5w21_Vphbg

he barely uses it, the thing about him and autotune is totally overblown
>>
Future looks like he smells really bad.
>>
>>61503871
>>61503538
>>61503496
Seriously? You guys can't hear the fucking slurred notes whenever Future elongigates a word or something? That's the autotune trying to grasp nearby notes in the key.

An example of Future without autotune is Same Damn Time.
>>
>>61504141
*elongates, sorry.
And there might be some spots on Same Damn Time with autotune but most of it seems organic. I've never listened to it in full thank god
>>
>>61504141
>>61504189
https://youtu.be/KFD4e0t9pHc?t=559

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFD4e0t9pHc&feature=youtu.be&t=19

Basically he's always on autotune, except he mastered the way of using it so sometimes you can't notice it.
>>
>>61504141
>>61504189
>>61503871
>>61504228
Since you're experts, can you please tell me whether this is auto-tune or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3Or6eqIpI
>>
>>61504257
All of DS2 is autotuned
And Monster
And Beast Mode
And 56 Nights
And WATTBA
>>
>>61503496
Are you old enough to post on this board?
>>
>>61504274
Man that's weird, I'm auto-tune deaf then when it comes to Future
>>
>>61504330
Lol I know you didn't say this, but I'm just wondering:
Did you think Percocet & Stripper Joint didn't have autotune?
>>
>>61490435
K
>>
>>61504390
I thought it didn't have autotune.
>>
>>61489504
MADVILLAINY 2 WHEN???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4iR668Ki3I
>>
>>61505714
more like pinata 2 when, freddie gibbs is a way more interesting and charismatic rapper and flows better over madlib's beats
>>
File: MF_DOOM_by_Praetorius.jpg (102KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
MF_DOOM_by_Praetorius.jpg
102KB, 600x440px
>>61505735
I'd be psyched for either. Although I don't think that Gibbs' rhymes and lyrics are on MF DOOM's level. DOOM's flow sounds a bit awkward at first and takes a bit of listening to get it. Someone wrote an entire essay about it on Genius:
http://genius.com/posts/1723-Rapper-s-flow-encyclopedia-mf-doom
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.