[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Share/Request Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 41vM6PbDI1L.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41vM6PbDI1L.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
Whiplash (2014) OST

>jazz, why haven't you seen this film yet

https://mega.co.nz/#!GYtHiSga!r756y5rP6_HTpclf4O5tRmoknTGbFwi6Fz98vMMiynU

Requesting Lord Huron's Lonesome Dreams, any JJ Cale, or Kris Kristofferson's self-titled.
>>
It was out for less than a month here before it just stopped being shown in cinemas. Fucking sucks I didn't get to see it
>>
>>53692769
>>jazz, why haven't you seen this film yet
I've seen it. It's mediocre at best, tho it's well-shot.
Also this ost is pretty much overplayed jazz standards why would anyone want them?
>>
>>53692769
No, see >>53672176

Sage
>>
>>53692856
My bad, didn't see it while skimming the catalog. Shoulda ctrl + f'd.
>>
>>53692873
You should still be able to delete the thread
>>
>>53692855
>Mediocre at best
Haha! You don't know the first thing about film, do you?
>>
>>53693131
You think you smart?
>>
>>53692769
Caravan is GOAT
>>
>>53693187
Oh yes, I surely do.
>>
>>53693437
That's both: your problem and the reason why this conversation is over, you little ego-maniac.
>>
>>53693467
I still haven't heard a reasoning for your baseless claim toward the film.
>>
>>53693504
HEY LET'S TAKE A CHARACTER WHO'S LIKE THAT SCREAMING DUDE FROM FULL METAL JACKET AND PLACE HIM IN COLLEGE
MUSIC COLLEGE!
YES! MUSIC! THIS IS FOOKIN ART MOVIE SHOULD BE ABOUT ART!
AND THEN LET'S MAKE SOME CLICHE PRETENTIOUS BASIC SPORTS DRAMA ABOUT BREAKING THROUGH AND BECOMING THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT!
SO INSPIRING!
YEAH, AND WE SHOULD PUT SOME GRINDCORE SHIT IN THE END JUST FOR FUN - PERFECT ENDING!
AND YET IT'S ABOUT MUSIC! JAZZ MUSIC! JAZZ IS LIKE HIGHEST LVL ART POSSIBLE IN MUSIC! FOOKIN RITE!
AND THAT OTHER DUDE, YOU KNOW THE STUDENT, HE SHOULD ADORE SOME COOL JAZZ DRUMMER! LIKE... UGH... *google 'greatest jazz drummer of all time excluding Ringo Starr'*
LE BUDDY RICH
YES! PERFECT!
NOW WE JUST HAVE TO HIRE ONE MEDIOCRE ACTOR WHO CAN SCREAM LOUD AND EVERYONE WILL THINK IT'S A MASTERPISS!
OH YEAH, WE SHOULD DROP SOME FACTS LIKE... UGH... BLOOD WAS FOOKIN REAL! AND THE ACTORS WERE PLAYING ALL MUSIC BY THEMSELVES!
PUUUURRRRRRFFFFFFEEEEEEECCCCCTTTTT OSCAR IS OURS
>>
>>53693560
Rotten tomatoes should hire you.
>>
>>53693560
Jesus, are you even capable of communicating your ideas without memespeak?

Regardless, it's clear to me from your post that most of the film's themes and subtext went over your head. It's also obvious you have bias and way too many preconceptions to have judged this piece objectively.

>J.K. Simmons
>Mediocre
Dropped.
>>
>>53693560
Baito-desu~
>>
>>53693560
Somewhere on this earth, a human being typed all this out in frustration.

Amazing...
>>
Does anyone have Time by ELO?
The only link on the archive is broken, and i don't have access to soulseek
>>
>>53693852
Which archive?
>>
>>53693860
Rbt.asia
>>
>>53693871
Thanks.
>>
>>53693882
You're welcome.....
>>
>>53693903
:^)
>>
>>53693560
At this point you should just say "i dont like what others like because im a speshul snowflake" you faglord
>>
>>53693852
I've found a torrent but it looks like it might take a while/not download at all so if anyone has this i'd be very grateful
>>
>>53693694
>Jesus, are you even capable of communicating your ideas without memespeak?
Don't you think I did it on purpose so you could actually read a pile of shit and take some serious view points of, just like you did?

>most of the film's themes and subtext went over your head
Yes, you get it right. You are the smart one here, I'm the dumb one.

>you have bias and way too many preconceptions
Bullseye! Memes aside, you're great at this.

also
>J.K. Simmons
>Not mediocre
Tell me more.
>>
Is this a sharethread or a thread about whiplash?
>>
>>53692855
>>53693975
>It's mediocre at best, tho it's well-shot.
>well-shot

It's a really normal movie in that aspect.
>>
>>53693998
whiplash

there are sharethreads in the catalog and this one is 27, now 28, posts in, with 1 share
>>
/r/ing these

Snow - Snow 1968
Terence - an eye for an ear
Tamam Shud - evolution
tamam shud - Goolutionites and the Real People
jaron lanier - instruments of change
>>
>>53693975
I can tell you're not interested in an actual discussion, but are hurling memes and sarcasm with abandon, which doesn't do much to contribute to anything.

And say what you want about Simmons' questionable filmography, his performance in this movie was above average, at the least.
>>
>>53694199
fuck off this is a whiplash thread now

>>53693975
>I was only pretending to be a shitposter
>>
>>53693560
>>>/tv/
>>
>>53693852
>>53693860
>>53693871
>>53693882
>>53693903
>>53693939
highest kek
>>
this movie was karate kid bullshit
well made bullshit, but still

'Round Midnight
Bird (1988)
Amadeus (1984)
Shine (1996)

Mo' Better Blues
New York, New York (1977)
Ray (2004)

24 Hour Party People
Control
I'm Not There
Inside Llewyn Davis

American Pop (1981)

Sweet and Lowdown
This Is Spinal Tap
A Mighty Wind

Thelonious Monk: Straight, No Chaser (doc)
Ornette: Made in America (1985) (doc)
A Great Day in Harlem (1995) (doc)

all infinitely better than whip
>>
>>53693560

literally only on 4chan
>>
this sharethread is high art
>>
>>53693560

What's up with the reply? Everything about it is right except for calling J.K. Simmons mediocre.
>>
>>53694496
You missed the point of the movie. It isn't supposed to be "inspirational." It's actually very dark and touched on what many great musicians have gone through.
>>
>>53695172
the J.K. Simmons character is a one dimensional bad guy representing the obstacle/sacrifice that an artist is willing overcome/endure/make to be a great artist
it also treats music like competitive sports, which is fucking ridicilous
it's a pretty simplistic movie imo
simmons is an ok actor, so he kinda makes up for it
in fact he's the only good thing about the movie, other than the technical aspects which are also good
>>
>>53692769
Jazz is not more important than happiness.
>>
>>53695652
>One dimensional
Not even close. The character had plenty of depth.
>Competitive sports
No it doesn't. That may be one viewpoint, but not the students nor the professor treat it like sports, despite the competition aspect. Simmons pushes them hard not even because of his high standards, but because he knows that they need to be able to handle the duress.
>Simplistic
There was a lot of subtext and even complexity that you apparently missed.
>Simmons
Up for debate. I think he did a stellar job.
>>
>request

Soulseek
Soulseek
Soulseek
Soulseek
>>
>>53693560

...or maybe you just don't fall under the target audience radar?

>you understand underlying contexts and themes, congrats
>>
Anyone got The Cat And The Cobra? Looked for ages the other day. Thanks.
>>
File: Encode3.png (688KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Encode3.png
688KB, 1280x536px
>>53693560
Not quite my tempo shitposting boy
>>
Literally rocky with drums.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.