[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks that this is incredibly overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

Am I the only one who thinks that this is incredibly overrated?
>>
The consensus on this album is really split, so no.
>>
not really, that's a pretty common opinion, at least here on /mu/ it is.
>>
More proof that Japanese people are incapable of making good music.
>>
It is overrated by the people who think it's 10/10, it's not bad though. It's a nice little album.
>>
>>53672091
>>53672113
it has a 3.72 on RYM though
>>
No, a lot of people dont like it.

I loathe it, an plenty of others do to.
>>
of course not
someone please post that picture
>>
>>53672148
what picture?
>>
Its like he has a button on his laptop labeled "emotion". Awful album.
>>
>>53672162
the what i expected vs what i got or whatever regarding this album
>>
>>53672182
ahhhh classic one.
I'll try and grab it from the archive.
>>
I hate it. He's the Thomas Kinkade of electronic music. Some of his other albums are okay, but not great.
>>
>>53672134
>higher than any Grails and Russian Circles album
Just no
>>
File: daisuke.jpg (613KB, 1500x682px)
daisuke.jpg
613KB, 1500x682px
>>53672148
>>
>>53672191
>>53672321
thanks !
>>
>>53672321
most accurate of these pics i've ever seen
>>
>>53672321
god bless you
>that fucking Hampus quote
>>
>>53672132
this. plenty of other releases on Noble/Virgin Babylon Records that are easily just as good, if not better. both kashiwa and world's end girlfriend are like the Nujabes of glitchy/post-rock stuff
>>
>>53672243
>He's the Thomas Kinkade of electronic music.
No, that's Robert Miles.
>>
>>53672072
No. More people here seem to dislike this album than those who like it.
I personally think it's great, and I really like his other albums as well.
>>53672397
>plenty of other releases on Noble/Virgin Babylon Records that are easily just as good, if not better
examples? I'm not looking to argue, just would like to hear something similar.
>>
>>53672243

Which albums are better? All the ones I listened to were bad.
>>
The first track is a 10/10
the second is like a 2/10

the people who say its god tier are probably only talking about the first track
>>
>>53672113
your taste in music is so unique where do you get your music from
>>
>>53672537
he gets top meme albums from RYM and whatever will look cool to us autists.
>>
>>53672454
idk I remember when I first heard it I thought it was a masterpiece, then I listened to it again a few months later and I felt like this >>53672321
>>
>>53672072
first track is 8/10

2nd track is garbage
>>
>>53672537
I like how he progressed from prog to avant-teen shit, yet his 2014 AOTY is some touhou lolicore shit
>>
>>53672425
https://virginbabylonrecords.bandcamp.com/music

most of go-qualia particularly comes to mind. Vampilia/About Tess are great too, but the latter's bit more outright jam post-rock. kashiwa's also got Re: on Virgin Babylon, which i dig a fair bit more than Program Music. bunkai kei's another good label to peep for similar tunes

http://bunkai-kei.com/

don't get me wrong, Program Music is good, but it's not an anomaly/exceptional release, except maybe in how it's just two pretty long tracks.
>>
>>53672072
I love it. I think he his piano works, 88, is nice too. I think he does the "modern classical/glitch" style better than Worlds End Girlfriend though (whom I enjoy also).
>>
>>53672746
>I think he does the "modern classical/glitch" style better than Worlds End Girlfriend
Entirely disagree. WEG has a greater grasp of melody and harmony.
>>
>>53672746
>>53672761
fucked that up. *I like his.
What's your favorite album from WEG?
>>
>>53672746
*adjusts kawaii desu body pillow*
>>
I think it's damn good. But at the same time I can see why people won't like it. Honestly I don't think it's for everyone.
>>
>>53672072
>>53672142
>>53672568
It's good, but it's not like real romantic era program music or anything. It's really just some nice prog rock. Prog rock has been pretty awful in general since the early 90s, so it's never bad to get a decent release out of the genre. Different story if you don't consider it prog rock, though.

>>53672243
>>53672404
That's a funny reference, but I don't think the music is bombastic enough to fit that claim. If anything I'd think that most popular US dubstep and "progressive house" music fits the bill. Really bright and polished but straightforward, formulaic, conceptually cheap, etc.
>>
>>53672787
I've only heard Hurtbreak and Seven Idiots. I prefer Hurtbreak. I feel like the songs/pieces are more consistent across their lengths.
Seven Idiots has many moments of just wondering why a track hasn't ended yet.
>>
>>53672834
>Prog rock

did you mean post rock?
>>
>>53672676
I've been meaning to check out Vampillia since they collaborated with BiS. I've had The Divine Move downloaded for a while now.
go-qualia seems cool though.

>kashiwa's also got Re: on Virgin Babylon, which i dig a fair bit more than Program Music
Really? I found re: to be kinda boring.
I really like April.#02 and 9 Songs though, and 88 is nice.
>>
>>53672842
I loved Hurtbreak, and Lie Lay Land is good too. I have yet to finish Seven Idiots but I was not a fan of what I heard. the Mono collab was okay too.
>>
>>53672072
if you think its overrated anon. then why make a thread about it?
>>
>>53672321
i want some of that middle one, can somebody send me?
>>
>>53672866
To me anyways it's nothing like post rock at all. The music direction is too focused on fast melodies and the tracks swing back and forth too much between saccharine chord progressions and rigid dissonance all while keeping the tempo at a striding pace. None of that seems like it was written to achieve the style that post rock goes for, nor does the end product really sound like that to me.

There are a lot of prog rock tropes in there too, especially with the piano and guitar performances. That's mainly what tips me off.
>>
>>53672886
Vampillia's really dope man. I feel they definitely have the most "varied" combination of sounds.

>Really? I found re: to be kinda boring.

I can see that, but I feel like it being broken up into smaller songs helps a lot with the digestion of it. Might be because I'm an undisciplined twat, but the song lengths on Program Music kinda fuck with me. on top of thinking part two's the weaker half, i have trouble doing a full listen anymore.

>>53673173
ahhh alright. wasn't discrediting your statement. mostly asked just 'cause my knowledge of prog rock only goes as far as TWENTY FIRST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN hehe. can definitely see what you mean about it being a little too off the wall to just be post-rock though
>>
>>53672072
No, not the only one. This album bored me to death. Shame too because it was really hyped up for me and from the description people gave I thought I'd like it.
>>
>>53673641
thats often the case
>>53672321
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.