[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Math Rock Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Math_Rock1.png (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Math_Rock1.png
49KB, 500x500px
Talk about math rock

What math rock have you been listening to lately?

What was the first math rock album you remember listening to?
>>
Don Cabellero - American Don. Just found it a few days ago, it's pretty cool.
>>
last mathy album i listened to was tripper
it was also the first one i listened to
>>
>>53612076
Thanks, Report of the Week
>>
Why is math rock associated with that triangle?
>>
>>53612049
Probably Botch- An Anthology of Dead Ends. I know it's math core but it turned me onto the genre. I think Face Tat solidified my love for actual math rock.
>>
is it a sin that i make mathrock inspired electronic music using fake guitar sounds?
does it become a sin when it's because try as i may i can never play the riffs i write and have them sound the way i mean them to? (i.e. shitty muting, tapped notes are too quiet, i add the beat in at the wrong spot)
>>
last was probably Paper Target from new york
>>
>>53612182
I guess it depends on how convincing it sounds, and what you labelled it as.

>>53612102
American Don will always stand among the greatest albums in the genre I'm sure, I should really spend more time listening to their earlier stuff. I've listened to it before, but only a passing listen
>>
>>53612412
i've had people think it's actual playing, but i also get people telling me to "use real instruments" but like i do it in fuckin guitar pro, and i label it as "electronic math rock," or sometimes even just "electronic math"
>>
>>53612049
uchu conbini
>>
Just picked up X'ed Out by Tera Melos and Astrological Straits by Zach Hill on vinyl so I've been blasting those for the last few days.
>>
File: pneu - destination qualite.jpg (155KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
pneu - destination qualite.jpg
155KB, 350x350px
>>53612956
As little as I like Tera Melos, I really enjoy Melody Nine from X'ed Out. I guess they were fun to see live, but I really think Nick dicks around guitar too much

Anyways, I just finished listening to Destination Qualité by Pneu, a French math rock band and the first 2015 math rock release I've heard. While there were some parts that definitely touched on a winning sound, overall it seemed kind of inconsistent.
>>
File: pigletll.jpg (723KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
pigletll.jpg
723KB, 1200x1199px
>>53612049
pic related might be best thing i discovered in last few years, i might be a bit too hyped but i absolutely love this record. Also getting into Lightning Bolt, pretty good too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY34VoaiYHg
>>
>>53613211
You should check out ent's s/t release

They have the same kind of twinkly-yet-aggressive sound that piglet has, but in my opinion do it much better. It's definitely one of, if not my favorite, math rock release
>>
>>53613370
Got some link to bandzone or something like that? My google-fu ain't strong enough it seems.
>>
>>53613442
Here's a sample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTcAJzzqd1c

Here's a download
https://mega.co.nz/#!F1wynLrZ!c81pNm0CK3A2r5vySuuUDTX3yMhBklOxDRiHkjaFwio

For a lot of bands, you can check the archive and just search for the band with either mega or download or whatever and you generally find some download links

Here's the link to the archive
https://rbt.asia/mu/
>>
>>53613511
Many thanks kind anon, DLing right now.
>>
File: Hella - Hold your horse is.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hella - Hold your horse is.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
>>53612049
Can't stop listening to this
>>
>>53613584
>>53613584
this is like my go to album next to face tat for walking to/from work zach should do some marching band shit i think it would be neat
>>
>>53613044

First Math Rock album I listened as well this year, I found it quite good yet not as good as their second album, Highway to health, which is pure dope.
>>
>>53613874
Honestly if I had to rate it I'd give it probably a 5/10. I haven't heard any of their other stuff, but French math rock is usually pretty tight.
>>
>>53612182
Not at all. You should link your bandcamp here though.
>>
>>53612049
this babby's first math rock was Battles - EP C/B EP.
>>
>>53613957
if you've ever been in a bandcamp thread you've seen it.
>>
>>53612182
no, you're fine
physical modeling is the way of the future
actually playing shit live is lame
>>
>>53613957
seconded
>>
>>53614011
Expanding Sponge?
>>
>>53614127
yes
>>
>>53613952

Yet they did the best live I have ever seen.
> 4 Math Rock Bands (Pneu, Electric Electric, Marvin, Papier Tigre)
> In one room
> Playing altogether, or one after the other
> Improvisation based on whatever the other bands plays
> Surrounded by soundwalls everywhere (the 4 bands are in the corner of the room)
> Amazing time

It's called La Colonie De Vacances, if you ever have the chance to see it live, run for it. There's some videos on YouTube, but it's not really catching the whole thing.

Also, other french Math Rock bands that I like :
Totorro
Fordamage
100% chevalier
Man Is Not A Bird (similar to ASIWYFA)
>>
>>53614134
I like your stuff man. The fake guitars suit math rock in a way, its better the more precise it is. It just sounds like shit when it comes to chords n that.
>>
>>53612144
I also want an answer to this
>>
>>53614284
I dunno, I found the picture online a while ago and it makes the thread pretty easy to notice
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.