[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you find Death Grips and clipping similar? I've seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 61XCmD1bFnL.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61XCmD1bFnL.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
Do you find Death Grips and clipping similar? I've seen them compared a lot and other than them both being the same genre, I don't really see a comparison.
>>
clipping basically is looked at as a group that sprung up in the wake of Death Grips
other than that, you're right there are many stylistic differences.
>>
>>53607704
Not alot but ever since DG called it quits i been preparing for the worse and been listening to alot of Clipping and Man Bites Dog cause it reminds me of them in a way
>>
>>53607704
People tend to compare Death Grips to clipping because they both fall under the brackets of hip-hop and inaccessible. They're extremely dissimilar with the exception of those things though both have their own merit and fans of one typically like the other.
>>
>>53607751
Do you think they are as good/have the potential to be as good as DG? Both my friend that recommended them to me, and the guy at the record store who showed him the album think they are on par with Death Grips. I on the other hand highly disagree with that statement despite really liking clipping.
>>
>>53607805
Strongly disagree with that, even though I greatly appreciate the noisiness of Midcity.
CLPPNG is a very mediocre record with some noise spliced in. Death Grips were tactful with their use of distortion and their work never sounded mediocre, middle of the road.
>>
>>53607704
TWERK SUMTHIN GURL! TWERK SUMTHIN GURL! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>53607842
I think songs like Body & Blood (a 10/10 song for me), show they have great potential, but the rest of the album never gets nearly as good.
>>
Clipping is awful
Death Grips is fantastic
>>
>>53607704
Clipping are dead because pitchfork panned them and they dont have as much of a loyal cult following as death grips have
>>
>>53607898
fuck off that song sucked it sounded like babbys first hardstyle with some SIKKKKK edgy rapping over it with >le feelz "she dont nee du for shit but ur bones ; ' ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((("
>>
>>53607916
>>
they're both experimental hip hop groups with industrial elements, but that's kinda where the similarities end
for one thing clipping sounds much noisier
>>
>>53607947
Sure. If you are a child, you would think that people only hate bands because they are panned rather than the fact that they are mediocre.
>>
>>53607947
Pitchfork "panned" DG too. Your point?
>>
>>53607916
This.
Nldw and notm are death grips best albums.
>>
>>53607704
They're very different. Lyrically, clipping. is kind of horrible. With that said, I appreciate their style; I like their preference for feedback/static.
>>
https://plug.dj/subwaymonster
get in niggers!!!!!!
>>
>>53608257
no
>>
They both bend hip-hop in 2 completely different directions. The concepts have almost no similarities, but you can tell that their are some similar influences. Both are very West-Coast sounding. Take Bout that and black dice for example. Both songs sonically sound completely different, but are undeniably west coast influenced beats.
>>
>>53607704
>twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk >twerk
>alarm clock>alarm clock>alarm clock>alarm clock>alarm clock>alarm clock>alarm clock>alarm clock>alarm clock>alarm clock
>>
>>53607704
They're both doing something new and ambitious, that's about it tbh
>>
>>53607770

Not familiar with Man Bites Dog, good place to start?
>>
File: stop.gif (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
24KB, 300x300px
https://mega.co.nz/#!SEdzDIhC!AZNtfPVZsGZeBG8m06lWYXVYsA8jije0H5wCqLpoWxM
>>
>>53609512
what is?
>>
>>53609512
nice compilation :^)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.