[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>27 years old >Has already recorded more music than the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

>27 years old
>Has already recorded more music than the average rock artists

damn
>>
It's not like they're all that great.
>>
>>53598461
yes but most of them are above average
>>
>>53598411
>27 years old
>has made the same exact song for over a decade
>>
>Spend longer recording Manipulator than any other album
>It's his least memorable

Ty how did you manage that?
>>
Why isn't he bigger? He's totally the sort of thing that could be widely popular, with the exception of Slaughterhouse
>>
>>53598596
I play Goodbye Bread sometimes when making dinner and my plebmode gf calls it "dirgy depressing shite".

I think most of his work barring a few singles from Manipulator are still quite niche tbh
>>
>>53598647
Well Goodbye Bread is far more downbeat than everything else he's done I'd say.

Virtually everything on Twins, Sleeper, Melted and most of the stuff on Singles 2 could be enjoyed by anyone who likes general rock. Seriously, most of his straight forward songs seem like stuff the AC/DC classic rock crowd would love
>>
Well we've already seen on here with Bucket Head and Viper that more music =/= that it's all going to be good or even that it's much of an accomplishment. That's not even saying that those two are bad artists, they've put out decent stuff and even some good stuff, it's just that more music actually can make you harder to get into if you have 100 albums. Just look at Frank Zappa when people post about that here, asking where to start.
>>
His output is sort of annoying for me. I'm a big fan and I like most of his stuff, but he's hard to stay up to date with and the sheer volume of stuff leads to sub par songs on virtually every release. Plus if you're an autist who wants every release on physical like me, he gets expensive.
>>
still pales in comparison to R Stevie Moore.

but I love me some ty segall so it's fine
>>
>>53598851
Is there anywhere where you can download all of his stuff including the bandcamp shit? cause I would like to listen to it but damn keeping up with him is expensive.
>>
>>53598905
I have no idea, there's so much, i've barely scratched the surface. I happened to luck out and get a bunch of his albums on a DC++ server at my old school
>>
>>53598931
Bah there's a fair amount of his stuff on Spotify but it just seems to be his main albums, I can never find a proper download site with lots of his stuff.
>>
I had recorded more music than most rock artists at 19

doesn't mean I'm any good
>>
>>53598721
Most defeners don't really like music. But yeah, the White Stripes loving crowd could totally get down to him
>>
File: tybased.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tybased.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>53598573
even though it was his least memorable it wasnt bad

also Hair is objectively his best
>>
>>53599000
Non-electronic music?

also trips
>>
>>53599089
His best is Slaughterhouse
>>
>>53599089
>likes the deviants
Nice, even though I wasn't a big fan of ptooff
>>
File: Lil-B-MTV-jan26.jpg (22KB, 404x358px) Image search: [Google]
Lil-B-MTV-jan26.jpg
22KB, 404x358px
>25 years old
>Has already recorded more music than most artists
>>
File: absolutely saddening.jpg (37KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely saddening.jpg
37KB, 400x300px
>tfw you will never hang out with Ty, share a few beers and talk about music, hit the beach and catch a few waves, hang in the studio, maybe contribute to a few songs, before hitting a laid back party and shooting the shit all night until the sun comes up

This feeling is not totally tubular
>>
>>53598596
because it's 2015 and no one listens to rock anymore
>>53598461
yea they are
>>53598573
nah
>>53598905
>>53598931
he doesn't have THAT much shit guys
>>
ty seagull sucks all his shit is the same hour long tracks
>>
>>53599154
People still listen to rock. Sure it's not the main mass market genre that it used to be, but it's still pretty popular.
>>
>>53599154
He has a fair amount and a lot of the Bandcamp shit I can't seem to find on torrents/download/soulseek, like a lot of his most recent ones on there aren't on Spotify or download sites from what i've found anyway.
>>
>>53599211
ok
how many people listen to garage rock? psych rock? punk rock?
>>
File: buck04.jpg (36KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
buck04.jpg
36KB, 360x500px
>immortal being dating back to the time of the elder ones
>has already recorded more plainsong albums on Roman clay recording tablets than Septimus Galatia and Nestor Palaiologos combined
>>
File: Capture.jpg (179KB, 1344x728px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
179KB, 1344x728px
>>53599235
what bandcamp stuff are you talking about?
you think he has a lot more than like what i have here?
>>
>>53599249
>>53599211
i'll tell you because i go to these shows all the time:
about 200 people or less in any given city
>>
>>53598411
i had recorded more music than most rock artists by the time i was 17 but i never released much of it
>>
>>53599249
Garage rock is pretty popular among hipsters and the like, same with psych rock to a degree. Punk is pretty niche I'll give you that.

I know it's only anecdotal, but I went to see Ty last time he played in my city and it was 2000 cap venue and it sold out in a few days from announcement. Thee Oh Sees played a slightly bigger venue and it was about the same. I'm not claiming modern rock is huge or anything, but it certainly not mega niche.
>>
>>53599269
What's different between Gemini and Twins?
>>
>>53599269
Ah no dude me and >>53598931 were talking about R Stevie Moore having loads of albums and the Bandcamp ones being hard to find, not Ty's stuff. At least that's what I was talking about anyway.
>>
>>53599410
where are you, NYC?
i've seen both those bands several times in Memphis and Nashville and it's been ~200 or less every time
though the crowds have been getting slightly bigger for Ty
>>
>>53599116
I personally think all three of their albums are great
>>
>>53599441
Gemini is alternate takes, demos, live recordings, different arrangements of the songs off of Twins
for superfans only
>>
>>53599460
UK, maybe it's more popular over here.
Ty mentioned in his Marc Maron interview that him and the band make enough money from the music that none of them have to work other jobs, and when you consider how rare that's getting these days he must be doing pretty well
>>
>>53599486
Huh, I saw it in my local record store and thought it must just be some kooky doo bootleg of twins. Are any of the alternates interesting enough to make it worth getting?
>>
>>53599103
yes
>>
His music's alright. It's rock n roll for people who don't actually listen to rock n roll.
>>
>>53599534
that's a hard question to answer. for your average person i'd say no. for someone who is actually going to consider buying something like that though, maybe?
i'd just download a copy and listen to it first

>>53599570
please name some actual rock n roll
>>
>>53599570
>rock n roll

Aren't you late picking Becky up from the malt shop?
>>
>>53599534
mostly slower versions of the songs
>>
>>53599711
The Rolling Stones, The Sex Pistols, The Stooges, The Sonics
>>
He will never put out a life changing album, but his output is solid and consistent. I was unenthused by Manipulator. It should have been a single album; it is saturation the album. Maybe I just have to listen to it again now that the hype died down.

Also, it seemed like he didn't have as deep of a connection with the songs as on past albums. Not that it objectively makes the music any better, but it sounded like he was overly fixed with making a "classic" and "professional" sounding record than writing memorable songs.
>>
>>53600076
I don't think you know what rock n' roll is
>>
File: 3KyNIqo.gif (2MB, 296x298px) Image search: [Google]
3KyNIqo.gif
2MB, 296x298px
>>53600076
you are wrong lmao
>>
File: cover.jpg (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
90KB, 500x500px
Any news on Fuzz making more material?

That was probably my favorite project of his.
>>
>>53600792
Not sure about new material but they are going on tour soon.
>>
>>53600689
>>53600740
ok
>>
>>53600076
3/4 ain't bad
>>
>>53598411
quantity =/= quality
cobain died at 27 and everything hes recorded is better than ty
>>
>>53601006
>The Sex Pistols can't be rock n roll, they were punk!
>>
>>53598573
>>Spend longer recording Manipulator than any other album

i feel like the longer somebody spends on an album the less ambitious they are usually when it takes 3 years to make an album it's bc the artists aren't into making anything

my favorite albums were made in like matter of months
>>
wavves > ty segall
>>
I'm a big fan.

Tend to agree with most here regarding Manipulator. I was mega hyped for it, and after one full listen rarely return to it these days.

Goodbye Bread is probably my long-standing favourite. I can listen to it in the morning or driving late at night, or whatever. Has a nice mellow flavour.

Love Reverse Shark Attack if only for the title track closer. Just an awesome "Happiness is a Warm Gun/Paranoid Android" influence but with crazy psych/surf sounds. Love it.
>>
Manipulator was so boring, just sounds like watered-down psych/garage rock.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.