[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think about the most influential rock band of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: the-beatles-pic-pa-703378395.jpg (298KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
the-beatles-pic-pa-703378395.jpg
298KB, 2197x1463px
What does /mu/ think about the most influential rock band of all time?
>>
GOAT
>>
Underrated. Magical Mystery Tour, Revolver, and Abbey Road are the best albums of all time. And you?
>>
I admit I'm mad jealous of John Lennon and Paul McCartney. If I could have a dream life it probably would have been theirs.
>>
look, if you want the pasta, just go to the website and get it yourself. there's no need to make a thread.
>>
>>53506468
Not OP but what pasta are you talking about?
>>
Before the Beatles, rock was a simple dance music. Any time you hear a chord in a major key rock song beyond a basic I IV V progression, the Beatles did it first (See Help! and Rubber Soul). Anytime you hear a rock song modulate to a new key, the Beatles did it first (Day Tripper). Anytime you hear a time signature change in a rock song, the Beatles did it first (Rain). Anytime you hear a drummer have compositional input in a song as more than just a time keeper, the Beatles did it first (Rubber Soul). Anytime you hear most forms of studio wizardry, the Beatles did it first (Sgt. Pepper's, Rain, others). Proto-Metal? The Beatles did it first (Helter Skelter), with some help from Hendrix. Psychadelic rock? The Beatles did it first (Revolver). Noise rock? The Beatles did it first (Tomorrow Never Knows). Symphonic pop? The Beatles did it first (Eleanor Rigby). Anytime you hear distortion play a key role in music, the Beatles did it first (I feel Fine). Anytime you hear a drummer play in matched grip or mic a bass drum, Ringo did it first. Anytime you hear strange instrumentation in a pop or rock song, the Beatles did it first (Norwegian Wood). Anytime you hear sophisticated lyrics in rock music, you can thank the Beatles (Help!, Rubber Soul), with some help from Dylan. Anytime you hear themes or concept albums, you can thank the Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's), with some help from the Beach Boys. The Beatles paved the way for EVERYONE, from the Kinks to Zappa.
>>
>>53506489

newest of the new
>>
the fact that
>>
>>53506382
i think the velvet underground are pretty good
>>
>>53506419
>overrated
They're literally the most popular and well known band of all time
>>
>>53506556
And it's still not good enough, they deserve more credit.
>>
>tfw cant grow sweet 60s psychedelic mustache
>>
>>53506511
someone please debate this
>>
>>53506668

if i wasnt trying to get 1 post/min atm id post scaruffi
>>
>>53506511
>helter skelter
>protometal
>>
>>53506511
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3twYaj1DscA
>>
>>53506725
>helter skelter
>not protometal

>I Want You (She's So Heavy)
>not doom metal
>>
File: 1407120652122.png (116KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407120652122.png
116KB, 480x480px
>>53506584
>>
>>53506382
>What does /mu/ think about the most influential rock band of all time?
the dead milkmen are alright
>>
>>53506725
>>53506759
Helter Skelter is just some hard rockin' rock. It's not metal at all.
>>
>>53506773
Name albums as revolutionary as Revolver or as amazing as Magical Mystery Tour. You can't, friend.
>>
>>53506759
Punk, maybe hard rock, but not metal. They definitely didn't initiate it regardless https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXRBLyLQtiM
>>
>>53506773
What are you implying? The Beatles went from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0YifXhm-Zc to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tisjsgsgtZU in less than three years.

What other music groups have evolved together as a band so much while also changing the landscape of music in so short a time?
>>
>>53506860
ween
>>
>>53506382
I love them, I admit their stuff after Cale left dropped quite a bit in quality (especially Loaded, Jesus Christ, what a crock of shit) but you still can't beat a lot of their tunes.
>>
i think Long Long Long is an underrated song, those keys are beautiful and the drums are just massive. one of George's sweeter songs
>>
Can we all agree Strawberry Fields is their best song?
>>
>>53506382

They catchy, their songs are good composed and came from their soul.

They implement love in times of flu or Ebola. I think Paul has a long history, yet to be told.

He's the one that says "Yesterday" or "We are all living ina yellow submarine"

Shit post of the day, makes me want to hang myself uppppppp!

I love her
I love her
I love her
I love her
I love her

It's Pagan Poetr.y
>>
>>53506511
>>53506668

>change key

uhh surfer girl by the beach boys came out 1 year before daytripper, and it changes keys

>sophisticated lyrics in rock music

thank Bob Dylan going electric

>proto metal

invented by psychedelic bands e.g. 13th floor elevators & blue cheer

I probably just debated pasta, but whatever, people are still ignorant
>>
>>53506933
I'd say garage and blues more than psych
>>
>>53506835
>You can't, friend.

Nor did I imply that I could. And literally everyone agrees. Which brings me to the next point.

>>53506860
You don't have to get so defensive. I never talked shit about the Beatles, I was just pointing out that it's just retarded to say that the most universally acclaimed and well known band in the history of pop music deserves even more recognition then they already have.
>>
>>53506382
Shit musicians, good marketing strategy and innovative recording techniques.
>>
>>53506972
Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I'm just defensive because I'm used to people here making fun of my opinions.
>>
>>53506927
This is correct.
>>
>>53506886
>>53506927
hue
>>
George Martin deserved a lot more credit than he got.
>>
>beatles thread without scaruffi copypasta
>no ITAOTS cover in catalog
>/mu/ humor thread without jerk city spam

where is mu???
>>
These threads never get old
>>
>>53507072
>no ITAOTS cover in catalog

This one hurts the most.
>>
>>53506846
why have I not heard of this? I've looked so hard for proto metal
>>
you haven't looked hard enough
>>
>>53507143
>looked so hard i didnt even read the wiki article
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.