[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/synth/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 6892045_800.jpg (34KB, 820x302px) Image search: [Google]
6892045_800.jpg
34KB, 820x302px
what does /mu/ think of the KingKorg?
I'm a electronic music producer, already have a Virus TI but I want more hardware stuff.
The reviews are good and the sounds are decent as well and with my budget I just can't into the HoF of synthies.

So basically I'm looking for a synth with great electric piano sounds, bread-and-butter stuff like pads, strings and leads for the less present layers.

Other choices would be Roland Juno-Di or Dave Smith Instruments Mopho x4.
Or should I whore my ass out and save up for a Prophet 08 or Pro 2?
>>
and while we're at it, what is a good synth for bass (NOT moog)
>>
>>53494663
Minibrute nigga
>>
>>53494663
Volca Bass
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 724x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 724x573px
>tfw new part for my modular coming in soon
>>
>>53495435
>>53495476
A friend has the minibrute, too, sounds good.
But I might consider the Moog Subphatty or Sub 37, that filter is amazing.

Any opinions on the King Korg?
>>
>>53495602

It's okay for pads and strings, if I was looking for straight up bass I'd stick with an analog mono synth
>>
>>53494663
Waldorf Rocket
>>
>>53496052
I'm looking for a bread & butter synth additionally to my Virus AND a bass synth.
Just thinking about if it's worth the 999€ or if I'm better off saving for a Prophet.
>>
I don't get why people use virtual digital synthesizers in the age of VSTs.
>>
>>53496648

VSTs are a pain to work with and they still aren't perfect replicas of what they intend to model.

I still use plugins for all my effects though lol
>>
>>53494663

mutable-instruments shruthi
>>
>>53496691
>they still aren't perfect replicas of what they intend to model

Yes, like digital synthesizers.
>>
>>53496718
Manufacturers really don't want software to sound as good as their hardware inspirations.
Most notable with Lexicon reverb. The native plug ins sound good, their fine.
But nowhere near the 480L or PCM.
>>
File: modularkat.jpg (120KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
modularkat.jpg
120KB, 960x600px
Sorry to hijack thread but I wanted to get a gear list going too. Also KingKorg is alright, if i was you though I'd go for the Mopho x4. MiniBrute is good for bass but it get very dirty very quick, hard to get clean bass with it. But if dirty is your thing then hell yea.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/image/124807.jpg
Here's my euro setup on modular grid.

I also own:
>MS-20 mini
>All 4 Volca
>x0xb0x
>Moog Werkstatt.
>>
>>53494208
what's a good beginner synth? I was gonna get a micro korg but when I mentioned that on a bleep thread everybody went anal about how they're overpriced and obsolete compared to other synths in the same price range
>>
>>53496878
Yea stay away from the MicroKorg. I'd say as a good beginner synth get a Micro/MiniBrute or Novation Bass Station II
>>
>>53496833
I like clean subs but the top can have some dirt, I guess Subphatty is the one to get.

What's your next buy?
>>
>>53496833
Oh and I make lots of Trance, I think the KingKorg has better stuff for that. But the Prophet or Mopho is definitely on my list.
>>
What's the best affordable synth that can be the closest to replicating the sounds of cosmic synth bands like Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Vangelis etc?
>>
>>53496957
Well the brute can totally handle that. Subphatty is an awesome choice too though. My next buy will probably be one of the new Sputnik Buchla-clone modules...probably the quad Low Pass Gate/VCA
>>
>>53495510
what have you got so far? I'd really like to go modular but it's so fucking pricey
>>
>>53496995
With enough effects you could honestly do it with the Volca series since they sequence. MicroBrute too because of its sequencer as well. Something with a fat filter.

Pretty much if you want to do TD/KS stuff the right way though then just go full retard and get into modular.
>>
normally i'm an analog enthusiast but i've been really wanting to get a digital synth for a while now. been looking at the roland d50. waste of money or nah?

>>53496995
casio cz series can get pretty cosmic and they go for relatively cheap. it's kind of a stretch but you're asking about cheapness.
>>
>>53496833
I swear, every single eurorack setup I see has maths. What do you use it for mostly? It seems like each person uses it for something else
also nice digits
>>
>>53497153
The Maths is for sure one of those modules you just have to have and play with before you really "get" it.

I use it mainly to do really complex envelopes and weird LFO's, but using it as a signal inverter and CV processor is amazing as well. Run some CV or Audio through the inputs and get weird.
>>
>>53497148
I second the Casio CZ. 101 is honestly really deep and awesome for digital synths. Korg Poly 800 as well.
>>
File: qaa1nigelbates.l.jpg (91KB, 700x458px) Image search: [Google]
qaa1nigelbates.l.jpg
91KB, 700x458px
The best polysynth ever, period.
Fuck all ya crackers
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.