[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask an audio professional anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: yo.jpg (79KB, 620x433px) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
79KB, 620x433px
I work with TV/internet audio post-production and freelancer music production. Arranging, virtual orchestration, editing, mixing and so on.
I'm not home and bored, so ask away.
>>
what do you think of tony abbott?
>>
What's the job situation like for live production? I used to do FOH for a large house of worship, at a couple very small venues, and a mobile setup. My formal education is in a completely unrelated field, just an 8 week course with the head sound guy at the church I worked at and a few years of experience doing weekly shows. Thing is, I haven't done anything with it since around 2006, but I'd kind of like to get back into it. I'm in the Vegas area, so there's a lot of live productions. Just don't really know who to talk to/what to do to get a foot in the door. Any suggestions?
>>
>>53491023
To be honest, live production is the only area I've always avoided. It's ridiculously stressful, and no matter what goes wrong, people always blame you.
But I did work a bit with live audio during 2012 and 2013.
The way I got into it was by joining a band as their producer rather than looking for a place to work at. It got me traveling a bit with them (which was fun), at least until the band came to an end. hahah
So I guess looking for a touring artist is easier than looking for an actual place to work at. But when you have no formal education at all in the area, it can get a bit harder.
>>
>>53490968
what is the % of artists (counting every artist, not only famous one) that use autotune.
>>
>>53490968
which genres you consider patrician and which pleb?
>>
>>53490968
Anything?
>>
>>53490968
whats your choice in daw
Favorite band?
favorite album?
>>
Should I record my old casio synths with a sm57 placed near the speakers or should I just plug them directly onto the input in my interface?
>>
File: tumblr_m238gtS8Nx1qabnl2.jpg (42KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m238gtS8Nx1qabnl2.jpg
42KB, 500x279px
>>53492767
>Should I record my old casio synths with a sm57 placed near the speakers
>>
>>53490968

Come back now op.
>>
How do I get my music on TV / in movies?
How do you find arrangement / orchestration jobs?
What are some good ways to earn money as a competent producer / composer / sound designer?
>>
What do you think of the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?
>>
>>53490968
Weirdest thing you've sampled
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.