[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't black people make more music like this? The s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
Why can't black people make more music like this? The soul and vibe to this music is surreal and mesmerizing - and I'm not even black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVANQheoRUw
>>
>>53447914
Because white people invented sampling as a way to hold them back, similar to how welfare makes black people dependent on the government and resort more to criminal acts.
>>
Bait aside, this really is one of the greatest songs ever written. And the guy who wrote it wasn't even a professional musician.
>>
>>53448031
>professional musician
being this delusional
>>
>>53447946
>white people invented sampling
just lol.
>>
>>53447914
>Why can't black people make more music like this?

because schools (especially in poor urban areas) don't have the budget for decent music programs anymore
>>
>>53447914
and to answer your question its primarily the turn up days, the majority of people are into fucking garbage shit like rae sremmurd and prolly haven't even heard of people like curtis mayfield unfortunately, its truly depressing in some ways flylo makes some sick music but its not really like this, its got some jazz fusion tho
>>
>>
Music progresses, and unfortunately we'll never have another curtis. There is still a ton of talent out there. 20-30 years from now people will be saying the same thing about someone like, flying lotus
>>
>Why can't black people make more music like this?

You're not looking hard enough.
>>
>>53450516
this. OP stop making corny generalized statements.

>le black pple arent doing wut i want them 2 do.
>>
>>53447946
>>>/b/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>53450099
Musique concrète, (French: “concrete music”), experimental technique of musical composition using recorded sounds as raw material. The technique was developed about 1948 by the French composer Pierre Schaeffer and his associates at the Studio d’Essai (“Experimental Studio”) of the French radio system. The fundamental principle of musique concrète lies in the assemblage of various natural sounds recorded on tape (or, originally, on disks) to produce a montage of sound. During the preparation of such a composition, the sounds selected and recorded may be modified in any way desired—played backward, cut short or extended, subjected to echo-chamber effects, varied in pitch and intensity, and so on. The finished composition thus represents the combination of varied auditory experiences into an artistic unity.
>>
>Diamond in the Back by Curtis Mayfield
>Actually "Be Thankful" By William DeVaughn
>One of the most rage inducing mislabels ever

Shit OP, find the correctly labeled youtube and get your shit together.

Anyway, great song. I like this reggae cover too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meiNMQTgjfw
>>
>>53452157
And this reggae cover too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhcASGSHSt8
>>
>>53452157

Mind blown. Thank you, anon. I stand corrected.
>>
From what album is op's song?
>>
>>53453367
Blue Lines
>>
File: JI9ZFVI.jpg (140KB, 651x961px) Image search: [Google]
JI9ZFVI.jpg
140KB, 651x961px
>>53447914
>>
>i'm not even black
would've never guessed
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.