[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on Gorillaz and imminent album? > phase 3 is best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (11KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 290x174px
thoughts on Gorillaz and imminent album?

> phase 3 is best
>>
NO, phase 2 you plen
>>
They should fire Murdoc. His personality needs improvement.
>>
Their third album was nada, first two are awesome tho

The art is hella tight tho
>>
PB > DD > s/t

I hope they bring back Del in some capacity.
>>
>>53403283
he knows
Phase 4 artwork looks crazy as hell
>>
>>53402780
Phase 2, if you act like Demon Days isnt their best work you need a reality check, shits god tier
>>
>>53403513
Have you listened to Plastic Beach lately? It's at least on par with Demon Days. From there it's a matter of preference, imo. Shit's gud.
>>
>>53403528
rhinestone eyes, white flag, super fast jelly fish, stylo, some kind of nature, there are like no bad tracks on PBS

DD is great but nowhere near PB
>>
>>53402780
shit does this exist whats it called
>>
>>53403778
>>53402780

wait nevermind, i was thinking that Gorrilaz collaborated with this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZLG8VqgrIU&list=PLOrUyUVuqtSTyEUUPlsZYkDe-QDms7ne5
>>
>>53403528
I have listened to all 4 of their projects (and G &D Sides) this week. Plastic Beach is great, but Demon Days makes so much more sense as an album. Plastic Beach is very scattered
>>
Hopefully they bring back some self titled and Demon Days-esque sounding stuff.
>>
Who do you want to see on a new Gorillaz album

>Flying Lotus/Thundercat
>James Blake
>Run The Jewels
>>
>>53403931
Purity Ring
>>
>>53403931
>Busdriver
>wonky/trap-inspired beats
>Dean Blunt collab
>>
It's good, but it's no Kayne West!
>>
>>53403931
And like that other guy said, MORE DEL
>>
>>53403931
Would love to see

>Flying Lotus
>DOOM (again)
> Kool AD
> David Bowie
>>
>>53403899
Demon Days is the same song every other track. Plastic Beach has like, different songs.
>>
>>53404239
Wouldn't agree that it is the same song every other song, White Light, Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head, All Alone stick out in very good ways.
>>
>>53403931
>Kanye West
>Dan Deacon
>Ariel Pink
>Panda Bear
>Lorde
>Daft Punk
>Del
>MIA
>OutKast
>Sky Ferreira
>Josh Homme
>James Murphy
>>
>>53403931
I want Del back on this album.
>>
Del. Also, anyone else touched his 3030 stuff? Afro centric dystopian sci fi rap is now my preferred genre.
>>
>>53404700
Almost everyone on /mu/ has listened to 3030. Shit is dope.

Listen to Janelle Monae if you dig his aesthetic. Also download his instrumentals.
>>
Not literally every other song. The back half is good, but the front half (especially from track 2-5) is mostly one line and one loop in a slow build up and drop back to the 2nd verse. Im pretty sure he meant it to be that way, and it flows really well, but probably becuase nothing really happens.

As a whole the album is really good, but I dont feel it compares to the diversity on Plastic Beach. Demon Days feels alot safer, compared to the S/T and Plastic Beach.
>>
File: ohgodwhy.png (3MB, 1468x1468px) Image search: [Google]
ohgodwhy.png
3MB, 1468x1468px
>>53403508

10,000 hours in MS paint
>>
>>53404923
this is dope as hell anon,
>>
>>53404923
>tfw you've watched Noodle grow up

it's a weird feel, honestly
>>
>>53403283
PB > s/t > DD

the fall never happened
>>
>>53405018
it's official if you didn't already know Jamie posted them on his instagram
>>
>>53405150
I have obviously seen the 4 individual pics, just was commenting on the Demon Days 2x2 set up...
>>
so pumped for new album.
noodle is my waifu.
>>
>>53402780
> phase 3 is best
Hell no

>>53402863
You can't fire the boss
>>
>>53405621
>You can't fire the devil.

ftfy
>>
All the hype this week made me try them.

They're terrible. Seriously, for every song I like, there's 5 I'd be better off never hearing again.

I like Albarn's voice, though, so I might try Blur.
>>
>>53406398
:/

care for any more detail, im interested in what you dislike
>>
>>53406468
It's weird to describe. For the longest time all I knew from the band was Feel Good Inc and Clint Eastwood, so when I went in to their full albums I was expecting something coherent, or at the very least similar.

It just feels jangly, and half the songs really just lack any sort of substance and feel really unfocused.

I'm not saying it's objectively awful, just not something I personally enjoy.
>>
>>53406521
I gotcha man. Maybe try D Sides, its a bunch of b side takes that really isnt really supposed to have a focus or focal point. check out Hong Kong and Spitting Out The Demons.
>>
>>53406609
I mean, I like El Manana, Feel Good Inc, and Tomorrow Comes Today, just the songs that feel straight alternative, like things an actual band of 4 people could do and not overly experimental with a ton of massive production or features.

How many songs like that do they have?
>>
>>53404382
>gorillaz/DP colab
Please god.

Also, Del defiantly.
>>
>>53402780
Fucking great pop band, i can't see how you can hate them, underrated as shit on here but overrated by underage faggots and ledditors
>>
>>53406634
their self titled has more of alternative feel than any other. Gorillaz is more dark pop feeling, and Plastic Beach is nearly neo-disco or some shit like that. M1A1 is has the most "Blur feel" of any Gorillaz I know of. maybe Starshine or Punk as well
>>
what is phase 4 even gonna be about. I have no idea
>>
DD > PB = s/t
>>
Post underrated tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFm_fxeusA
>>
>>53403931
Danny Brown
Kool AD
Del
Busdriver
DOOM again
Flylo
Oh No
>>
>>53403528

I started watchin the video. looked really good artistically and sounded pretty good from the tiny parts I have heard.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.