[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crunchy pop song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: ped.jpg (55KB, 295x297px) Image search: [Google]
ped.jpg
55KB, 295x297px
So I was listening to XM radio at work the other day, and some pop song came on the radio. My cunt of a boss switched it while I was asking her what the song title was and she never answered me, and I never got a solid lyric down.

The only description I can muster is it was a girl singing, and it sounded like any ol' pop song, but it was kinda crunchy. Not a wall-of-sound, either. But it made me stop and think "wow, this is interesting, I want to know what this is" (I hate 98% of modern music blah blah blah). Please help me /mu/.
>>
bump.

Need this song or I will die.
>>
guise I'm dying
>>
can you give more description?
>>
can you remember any lyrics?
>>
Creepoid?
>>
was probably some neon indian shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6ZaCTqxwM
>>
This is grabbing my interest now, I love mysteries. Any other description? How "pop"-y was it? Like Katy Perry level shit or kind of indie pop stuff?
I'll throw this out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W97JLBc7C8k
>>
Unfortunately I only heard a couple verses and I was waiting for a chorus to remember, but it was turned off before it got to it.

The sound was, if you can understand mixing and stuff, seemed half-full. Like I said, it wasn't a full WALL OF SOUND distortion/crunch, but it was like a synthy-crunch/distortion more than guitar, and it was halfway between wall and sounding "hollow"; i.e. not too layered. I don't recall there being any annoying "extra deep beats" but I could be wrong.
>>
>throws out vague adjectives and nothing else
>expects people to know what he's talking about
>>
File: 021.jpg (17KB, 341x307px)
021.jpg
17KB, 341x307px
>>53401010
you excpecgtecexpect us to go on "crunchy"?

top fucking jej
>>
>>53401509
Well excuse me. I figured if it was a recent pop song someone might just KNOW it. Not a lot of "crunchy" shit out there now-a-days...
>>
>>53401010
what station was it m8? also what was the key of the song. how long was it. and who was the artist. and name of the song if possible. if its not to much trouble you could give me the engineer and producers name ill narrow it down for you! :)
>>
>>53401446
Interesting, but don't think so.

>>53401474
Nope :(

>>53401492
Not indie at all. The girl singing sounded like a typical pop star. Want to say "Lady Gaga-esque" but don't think it was that extreme.

This song is good, but I don't think it was it. The other issue is I may not even recognize it. I literally only heard it for I think 20 seconds and I was more focused on getting a name.
>>
that banks song? beggin for thread?
>>
>>53401603
It's gotta be this.
>>
>>53401636
only other one i could think of would be that annoying one by tove lo
high all the time or something
>>
>>53401650
Or something by Lorde if OP's that out of the loop with pop music.
>>
>>53401677
oh yeah that's a good point
this thread is stupid but kind of fun
>>
>>53401650
Not this. Bit faster.

>>53401636
Nope. Less laid-back.

And when I say "crunchy" I mean, clearly distorted synth or something. Not Jesus and Mary Chain shit, but someone in the studio said "more jarring".
>>
>>53401691
>>53401691
Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" could fit the description too.
We need to get to the bottom of this, dammit.
>>
>>53401677
That's possible.

I'm very removed. I know who Lorde is. I know that one song. I don't listen to the radio. Work usually has fucking country on...
>>
>>53401724
fuck that's like all the female rock/pop artists i can think of that are getting constant radio play
>>
>>53401725
Friend already suggested that. Again, sadly not it :(
>>
>>53401744
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PdILZ_1P74&spfreload=1
>>
>>53401762
do you know what radio station you were on
a lot of big ones have websites with playlists etc
>>
>>53401746
Well that may be the issue. It was XM. And the bosslady changed it to something horrible immediately. But I do think it was the "newerish pop" station.
>>
>>53401762
if it was a sirius top 40 station you could probably google it and find their playlist?
>>
XM? Is that the radio station? Can you remember more exactly what time you heard this? If it was on the radio it seems like that would be the easiest way to track it down.
>>
>>53401821
XM is a satellite radio carrier. It's like cable tv but for the radio.
>>
>>53401010
http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_xm_playlist.php

this might help
>>
Maybe something by Sia?
>>
>>53401529
Yes, excuse you. You're a fucking idiot for not remembering any lyrics and expecting us to know what song you're talking about.
>>
>>53401821
I'm guessing around noon? 12-1 EST maybe. I might be able to find out what station she was on tomorrow.
>>
>>53401911
alright, i guess i can let you search through the station's history if you find out.
>>
>>53401855
Oh this is good. Hopefully this'll help. Maybe tomorrow I can get it narrowed down a lot.
>>
What instruments did it have?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.