[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who are the best electronic music producers and why it's justice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: 23.jpg (2MB, 3352x2440px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
2MB, 3352x2440px
who are the best electronic music producers and why it's justice?
>>
Who are the best guitar music producers and why it's the beatles?
>>
>>53366025
Why is so difficult to say 'house'?
>>
>>53366025
>electronic music producer
sounds so awkward

Anyway, Kraftwerk
>>
Who are the best drum music producers and why it's the zach hills?
>>
Slightly more fond of Daft Punk. Only because I'm a pleb. :^(
>>
>>53366025
>>53366034
>>53366067
Is this the birth of a new epic meme?
>>
>>53366086
Unfortunately not, for some bizarre reason there are people who still treat every music genre that uses instruments with plugs as the same genre.
>>
>>53366025

autechre
>>
Justice are entry level.
>>
First time I've seen them mentioned here in a long time. It's almost like their popularity diminished after their 2nd album...
>>
>>53366025
Well it is definitely not Justice. They are pretty bland sorry bro.
>>
>>53366755
/thread
>>
>>53366025
>Not mentioning Lorn
>>
Kanye West duh
>>
>>53366788
>their popularity diminished because they haven't been mentioned in this web page for a long time

epic
>>
>>53366025
>tfw electroclash is dead
>tfw electronic dance music has turned into a pile of uninteresting shit for normies again
>>53366835
Ask the Dust is a fucking masterwork, he didn't do anything interesting since tho.
What is it with electronic artists dying after they put out an album? Nothing new or good from Gesaffelstein, nothing from Huoratron, SebastiAn is dead, Justice is shit...
>>
>>53366914
>>tfw electronic dance music has turned into a pile of uninteresting shit for normies again
>Justice, Daft Punk and Lorn aren't quintessential, cliche normals dance music
kek
>>
>>53366025
They're not though. They're good, but not even the best House Producers (beat by Daft Punk, Danger and Mr. Oizo)
>>
>>53366935
Both Daft Punk and Justice did interesting shit when they started though. You're probably too young to understand the impact Daft Punk had at first, but Justice' first record was hard as fuck.
>Lorn is quintessential cliche normals dance music
Dropped the ball there tho, you should leave your cave more often.
>>
>>53366755
/thread
>>
>>53366947
*french house.
Also
>Danger
not in the same ballpark.
>>
>>53366957
Ballpark genre or quality wise? I agree his style is very different, but he's definitely talented as fuck
>>
these cunts can't fucking accept that bands sometimes want to change their style.
>>
>>53366947
>Mr.Oizo
Based. Try to go on his site btw pretty funny

http://www.oizo3000.com/
>>
File: 1.jpg (79KB, 1340x242px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
79KB, 1340x242px
>>53366966
god bless that man
>>
>>53366962
He can only do the very specific SNES vs. 80s movie score type style though. I agree that he's incredibly good at that (or was), but he's never put out anything in another style or aesthetic, while both Mr. Oizo and Daft Punk had quite interesting shifts in style over time.
>>
>>53366977
cant wait for his next film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sLR6RbCjXM

wrong cops was so fun
>>
>>53366755
Every time I try to listen to them I just hear soulless wank. It just sounds like a bunch of electronic rippling shit. I feel like I could just be listening to RDJ and hearing it done better and in a way that makes sense. However, it obviously takes technical skill to do what they do but their music is just utterly uninteresting.
>>
>>53366025
Stockhausen
Cage
Coil
Skinny Puppy
Ben UFO
Scooter
Kanye West
Lil B
Taylor Swift
Miley Cyrus
Darude
Robert Miles
Burial
Aphex Twin
>>
>>53367026
you're missing Brian Eno and Scooter
now the list is complete
>>
>>53367026
oy vey bad reading
greetings fellow scooter lover
>>
>>53367031
Scooter is there, maybe add Stars Of The Lid too, Yes and Faust too, they used instruments with plugs so ''electronic music'' too
>>
>>53366755
Thanks, That's why I came to post.
>>
>>53367031
Don't forget Liam Howlett
>>
>>53367039
>too
>too
>too
>>
>>53366966
I've been on it before, I'm a huge fan. Even have a Flat Eric shirt and have watched all his movies. He's a talented as fuck director and musician, and he's also hilarious and interesting as a person.

>>53366989
Have you seen his new EP? It's completely fucking different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmMwjaaTbsE
>>
>>53367064
It may be different, but it's also not very good. Still the same 80s synths and overall film score vibe too.
>>
>>53366067
Who is the best house producer and why is the guy that built the bill gates house?

Who is the best blues producer and why its pantone?

Who is the best witch house producer and why its the witch from Hansel and Gretel?

Who is the best glitch producer and why its pokemon red and blue edition?
>>
>>53367079
>tfw it's my favorite EP of his by far
>people hate it for some reason
Don't get it

Also I'd say that it's about as different as Daft Punk's first three albums are from each other

also this shit
https://soundcloud.com/dangerunreleased/danger-unreleased#t=0:30
>>
>>53367111
Nah man, the stylistical change in Daft Punk's music was quite huge, especially from Discovery to Human After All (and, to an extent, from their early work to Homework).

On another note, I wonder if artists like Danger could make it nowadays, without Myspace around...
>>
>>53367199
Well Electronic is also very popular now. He talked in interviews about how he just was around at the right time when it was right about to blow up but there weren't many musicians around.

He talks about that an more in this: http://martythegirl.tumblr.com/post/71994111341/danger-the-interview-for-focusur-2013-fr-en
>>
>>53367235
>Electronic

>now
>>
>>53366025
who is OP and why is he the biggest pleb in existence?
>>
>>53367235
Nigga I read that whole blog up and down already
The thing is, the overall aesthetic of electro that these french artists went for got pretty much sucked up into the shitpile that is EDM, and I don't think a producer like Danger would stand out anymore nor would people care these days.
>>
>>53367247
That's the branding term used universally. And yes, it's a lot more popular now than it was before. Also the French Touch movement has slowed down massively.
>>
Because its Simian Mobile Disco u shit
>>
>>53367262
Yeah that's what I mean by the genre blowing up. MySpace fostered lots or rock and rap as he said and people who liked Electro had much less choices.

After it blowing up and MySpace dying you just see tens of thousands of up and coming "EDM" artists on SoundCloud making it hard to distinguish yourself no matter your style. As he said it's luck.

I do think you're pairing him up too much with other musicians though, even though he has a very Retro sound, it's a lot harder to find people in his style than say Kavinsky's style (Barretso, Redial, Lazerhawk).
>>
>>53367305
True, the only other artists in that particular niche I've found are pretty unknown (I guess the artist 'she' qualifies, tho he's fallen off quite a bit lately). Hell, I'd go as far as to say that Lorn uses some similar instrumentations and melodies, if in a different context of rythm and structure.
>>
>>53367095
I appreciate the effort you put into this, and even exhaled slightly harder than usual.
>>
>>53367265
>That's the branding term used in retarded America

FTFY
>>
File: 1399907224400.gif (2MB, 391x220px) Image search: [Google]
1399907224400.gif
2MB, 391x220px
>>53367095
>witch house
>Hansel and Gretel
You're going places
>>
>>53367334
Him and a very select amount of Redial tracks (though he just changed his style entirely), are the closest I've seen to doing what Franck does. I think that Danger is just really good at picking textures and also works very hard on detail. Songs like 88:88 still blow me away today.

>>53367356
That's bullshit and you know it bud.
>>
>>53367388
>That's bullshit and you know it bud.

I don't know anyone who says electronic when they mean techno, or house, or hip hop, or industrial, or trance, or musique concrete, or jungle, or synthpop, they all say techno, or house, or hip hop, or industrial, or trance, or musique concrete, or jungle, or synthpop except on here.
>>
the term electronic music is mostly used by people who used to ignore electronic music
a lot of those people are american but not all
>>
>>53367388
Some tracks that go in the same direction sound wise imo:
autokratz - kick (KATFYR Remix)
House de Racket - Oh yeah! (Barretso Remix)
Some of Toxic Avenger's tracks, like Angst Two
Uppermost's work like Futur or Action
I'm pretty sure there was more, but these are the ones that I had close to Danger in terms of style, structure and synths and melodies used.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.