[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what exactly was the narrative of this album? I get that its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 130429-tomorrows-harvest.jpg (238KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
130429-tomorrows-harvest.jpg
238KB, 620x620px
So what exactly was the narrative of this album? I get that its generally about the collapse of society but the finer points escape me. What are tracks like Palace Posy and Nothing is Real supposed to represent?
>>
>>53350613
>What are tracks like Palace Posy and Nothing is Real supposed to represent?
The decline of music.
>>
>>53350613
palace posy is an anagram of apocalypse
>>
LITERALY AUSTISM
NOTHING
IT MENAS NOTHING
THERE ARE NO FINER POINTS
ONLY MORONS SEARCHING FOR "2DEEPSYMBOLYSM"
SIGN > SIGNIFIER > SIGNIFIED > INTERPRETATION
ALSO THAT ALBUM IS A FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT ON EVERY LEVEL AND YOU KNOW IT
IDIOTS WILL NEVER FULLY APPRECIATE MUSIC
SMUG PEPE.GIF
>>
>>53350635
The decline of their shitty music*
>>
>>53350752
literal autism: the post
>>
>>53350752
I think I'll take the word of the musicians who made it over the bitter rantings of a sperg on 4chan. There is most definitely a narrative to this album
>>
>>53350752
raeg on 4chan
>>
>>53350752

always trust that one dude who leaves his caps on
>>
>>53350635
>>53350814
ayyy lmao
>>
>>53350613
i dont know but i always got the feeling of walking through a city completely devoid of other people and being like "where the fuck is everyone" kind of like 28 days later except there are no zombies and everything's nice and beautiful like a nice summer afternoon but still a bit creepy and unsettling
>>
How much they're laughing at you for taking their cash in seriously
>>
>>53351130
>Stop liking what I don't like
>>
It's about survivalist paranoia about the end of the world, they're preppers or at least one of them is
>>
File: bocWire_3.jpg (242KB, 847x543px) Image search: [Google]
bocWire_3.jpg
242KB, 847x543px
Who is more annoying Tool fans or BoC fans?
>>
File: bocWire_7.jpg (654KB, 872x2002px) Image search: [Google]
bocWire_7.jpg
654KB, 872x2002px
>>
>>53352111
I wouldn't say they're preppers but they're definitely isolationists when the time comes to make their music.

That said, I know where one of the brothers lives and it's hardly a secluded compound in the countryside.
>>
>>53352153
BoC confirmed for actually just moot all along?
>>
File: 1380162911736.gif (828KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1380162911736.gif
828KB, 200x189px
>>53350645
>>
It's about the end of the world, but that's about as much as we can say for sure. There's no story to speak of in which each track would be a chapter, only the theme is given by several "hints".

Geogaddi was like that too — no story, only references to occultism and demons that seem to contradict the soothing music. Then you're free to imagine a narrative to go with it if you like.

What I really like about Tomorrow's Harvest is how it makes me feel at the same time nostalgic for the world we are living in and afraid of the inevitable coming apocalypse, a superposition of present (before the event) and future (after the event). It's not my favourite Boards of Canada album, but the atmosphere is brilliant.
>>
>>53352194
>That said, I know where one of the brothers lives
Sure you do.
>>
>>53353317
>Geogaddi was like that too — no story
False.

Description of Geogaddi by BoC themselves:
"a record for some sort of trial-by-fire, a claustrophobic, twisting journey that takes you into some pretty dark experiences before you reach the open air again. It has a kind of narrative."

>it has a kind of narrative

repeat

>narrative
>>
>>53353846
I do. My mate - who is also a big BoC fan - lives in the same town and occasionally sees him in one of the local pubs.

I found his address because it's on the local council website as he had to apply for planning permission for a few things.

That's as much as I'll say.
>>
>>53354009
be a bro and never tell anybody

if that info ever got out id feel really bad for BoC because their retarded fanbase would probably raid their house for old demos and stuff.
>>
Nothing is Real was the only track I liked.
>>
>>53354054
Yeah, there's not a chance I would ever do that. I respect BoC and their privacy. They're humble guys with young families and BoC fans are pretty crazy so it definitely wouldn't be a good idea.
>>
>>53354131
m8 how pleb are you
>>
>>53353881
https://twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/520880499318063104
>>
>>53353881

It might have a narrative, but there's no story.
>>
>>53354353
>https://twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/520880499318063104
haha this is what i thought of when he said narrative

limmy's a cunt though
>>
>>53350613
>Finer points

Did any of the BoC albums have something more concrete than the vaguest sense of events and themes?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.