[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the appeal of happy hardcore? My roommate has been playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

What is the appeal of happy hardcore? My roommate has been playing lots of this shit + nightcore which is basically the same thing and I just don't understand how people can listen to it for so long.
>>
It's the glucose-fructose syrup of electronic music genres. I don't mind a couple of tracks (they are after all fast and catchy tunes) but most of it is mass produced garbage, with presets used lavishly.

Also some fans (and even producers) have the nerve to say how amazingly life changing the music is and slander pop music as "for kids," not even recognizing the fact their music is pop hardcore in essence. It is so stuck up.

Still, could be worse. Could be jump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqNlJc4EdC4
>>
people like cheese yo
>>
>>53341899
Its really female and its really happy. It could be evil, but its beatutiful. I say that because i know a person who had a very intense trip on it and went chick. The whole thing is pretty incredible.
>>
>>53341899
Its pretty retarded at the surface, but at deeper levels it gets gnarly
>>
>happy hardcore
>in 2015
lel
>>
>>53343768
Major top lel do u know where this could go? Holy shit it could get so gnarly!
>>
>>53343789
i kno rite! darbude sandfury remix (happycore) feat. scott green
>>
>>53343802
Holy shit thats dope!
>>
>>53343802
Portal mix
>>
>>53343850
exclusive to bonkerz compilations
>>
some of it is silly fun
nightcore is fucking torture tho
>>
Isn't nightcore just other songs sped up a little with pictures of anime for some reason?
>>
>>53343878
that is exactly what it is
there's a actual group with that name, they also suck
>>
>>53343861
Sound dope it led me to this
Idk what it is but its pretty fucking cool
>>
>>53343904
awesome link bro
>>
>>53343876
>>53343878
>>53343895
You guys sound retarded

>>53343909
Whoops forgot link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HNnMLTyimYo
>>
>>53343920
cool pool. would styles and breeze it there
>>
>>53343753
This.

Not my fav as a whole genre considering everything it can be applied to. The overly-trancy stuff like i guess S3RL, 3/4 of Scott Brown stuff, Clubland etc is pretty junk.

But I like it alot sometimes. It can be pretty great, mostly the ''nu oldschool'', with some more breakbeats and samples and back to its roots sounds, just modernized some: Luna-C and KFA label in general, some CLSM digital, Buzzmasta (RIP, https://soundcloud.com/trouttraxx such tunes), Shimamura's non-animu less commercial releases, the ones on his own Dynasty Records etc.The most recent P*Light releases also, same for super recent Jakazid, some of Tano*c stuff over the years (definitely not all of it, some is 100% trancesynths shit).

Older early 90s UK, the actual oldschool, is very nice too and more chill and mostly breakbeat/sub bass-based, sometimes chipmunks and famous piano and pitched cute tones sort of stuff, sometimes deeper : Red Alert & Mike Slammer, Kniteforce, Bogwoppa, list goes on (ha). It seems very forgotten to some of the modern Uk scene sadly. Definitely simply called Hardcore at the time, but it's the absolute roots before the jungle/kickkickkickkick happy hardcore divide.

Dutch late 90s stuff like your pic was such a weird trend/twist, very polka-ish and PLICPLIC kickdrum! It sounds as if only aware of dutch Gabber + the late-90s, after-the-divide kickkickkickkick space-synths female-vocals abuse UK cheese that's maybe the most famous the scene was ever, but definitely not its most interesting.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.