[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Return of Gorillaz
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1422798834012.png (669 KB, 599x604) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422798834012.png
669 KB, 599x604
how hype are you guys

Confirmed return:
http://pitchfork.com/news/58282-gorillaz-creator-jamie-hewlett-confirms-groups-return-on-instagram/

Jamie's Instagram (waiting for more new pics):
http://instagram.com/hewll/
>>
fuck off yam psyche
>>
>>53304044
We knew this like 4 months ago fuck off.
>>
File: 1422898819545.jpg (181 KB, 640x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422898819545.jpg
181 KB, 640x640
b-but new art work guys
>>
>>53304044
what are the chances they can't replicate the original magic, and come off sounding like over-produced Arcade Fire wannabes?

My guess is 7.5/10
>>
>>53304621
fuck off they had enough unreleased shit back in 2012 to make a new album but they didnt because they stopped being gay for each other for like two seconds
>>
>>53304706
>unreleased material
>making an album out of it

how pleb are you?
>>
>cartoon bands
Fucking kek. Grow up.
>>
Not hyped at all
>>
>>53304044
Hopeful that it follows demon days kinda sound.
Maybe something a little more choir-ish even.
I really like the last two songs on demon days.
>>
after albarn's super-underrated self-titled i'm really interested to see what he's going to do next. and just as importantly, who he's gonna get to collaborate
>>
>>53305025
>saying 'kek'
>telling others to grow up
>>
Slightly hyped. Loved Gorillaz up until after Demon Days. Plastic Beach shit, The Fall ok-ish.

I hope whatever they release returns back to that pre-PB sound
>>
>>53304233
is he still a big guy?
>>
Gorillaz suck
>>
>>53306262
this

Damon always pulls some of the best features out for Gorillaz albums. In between Demon Days & Plastic Beach alone you have DOOM, Snoop Dogg, Pharcyde, Ike Turner, De La Soul, Bobby Womack, Mos Def, HBO, & Little Dragon... Hopefully he returns to a more Demon Days sound with more hip-hop features,
>>
Unpopular Opinion that Plastic Beach is their best album by far. Seriously don't get how somebody could think different.
>>
>>53307844
nice shitpost
>>
>>53307819
For you, maybe
>>
>>53307879
not shitposting. I tried Plastic Beach and it was shite
>>
>>53308029
Yeah well I listened to Metal Music Machine and it was shite, doesn't mean Lou Reed sucks
>>
>>53308104
No, but Gorillaz do suck though.
>>
>>53307873
It's tied with Demon Days for me.

>>53306413
I don't really want Gorillaz to go backwards, one of the things I like is that every era sounds and looks unique from each other.
>>
>>53308132
I respectfully disagree with your opinion, in a non-confrontational way.
>>
>>53307873
definitely agree. it's the only one that doesn't seem to have any filler (though 'glitter freeze' is a bit tough to get through)
>>
Isn't Gorillaz just Damon Albarn and his keyboards?

Why would you be any more hyped than you would be for his solo album you all shit on?
>>
>>53308132
I think your opinion sucks and I'm confronting you to tell you what a dick sucking retard you are.
>>
>>53308762
Gorillaz is more of a collective with Albarn as the only musical constant. They bring in tons of guest performers and generally have a broader scope than what Albarn tries to do on his own.
>>
>>53308762
nah it's typically a pretty wide range of collaborators, with a much larger scope than his solo material

also his solo album is underrated as hell. probably one of my favorite releases of last year
>>
>>53308688
dude what? glitter freeze is one of the best tracks on the album
>>
>>53309293
i'm coming around to it. probably have it cranked up too loud but it always gives me a headache
>>
File: MHMJf1E.png (740 KB, 1024x1164) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MHMJf1E.png
740 KB, 1024x1164
I've been listening to Gorillaz since I was a kid, they're one of my favorite bands and my hype train has left orbit. Jamie and Damon have said that a new album is in the works, but they never mentioned it together and now artwork is being released. Looking at Noodle and Russel you can tell they are going with a aviation or war theme this time. Pirates to pilots
>>
>>53309966
you didn't happen to download a shitty bit rate did you?
>>
>>53304044
so does the fact that new art is coming out mean that new tunes aren't far behind? or could it still be a while?
>>
>>53307873
I agree
I don't have an argument to back it up, I just like it the most.
>>
>>53304044
How many times have they "returned"? It seems like you Gorillaz fans get hyped up pretty frequently (and easily).
>>
>>53304044
>gorillaz
>>>/b/
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
Thread DB ID: 36083

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.