[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drukqs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: Drukqs.png (3MB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
Drukqs.png
3MB, 1425x1425px
Let's talk about this masterpiece
>>
favorite track off part 1 is Cock/Ver10, favorite off part 2 is Taking Control whats yours
>>
>>53235302

Part 1 would be Mt Saint Michel + Saint Michaels Mount
Part 2 would be a tie between Afx237 v.7 and QKThr. I also really like the automated percussion tracks
>>
best track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlHycYUyT80
>>
>>53235268
No. Im sorry bu this is a music imageboard...
>>
>>53235302
part 1
Mt. Saint Michel Mix/St. Michaels Mount
part 2
Meltphace 6

fav piano piece
Nanou 2
>>
>>53235Oh my favorite piano piece would probly be Strotha Tynhe or Kesson Dalek
>>
>>53235353
ooops lol posted wrong link

meant to post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYS8edMRgBg
>>
>>53235268
Syro is better.
>>
>>53235473
fuck you
>>
>>53235473
lelno
syro is good but it doesn't come close to the masterpiece that is drukqs.
>>
>>53235516
>>53235541
Syro doesn't have a weak moment, while Drukqs has a few.
>>
>>53235569
drukqs has literally nothing wrong with it.
syro has throwaway tracks.
>>
>>53235569
>Produk 29
>half of Earth Portal
>180db
>>
>>53235569
You are correct on that. Syro was a solid album. i didn't like it as much, it was alright.

Drukqs did have a lot of weak spots and wasn't so solid but I think that's kinda what makes it great? It isn't traditional, not everyone can enjoy it, and I can see how it gets annoying. But I think this album reveals the true artistic range that RDJ has. just my opinion
>>
>>53235617
>180 db
here come the plebs
>>
>>53235601
Drukqs has quite a few throwaway piano tracks as well as some generic breakbeat moments.
>>53235617
Produk 29 is one of the best tracks on the album.
Earth Portal segues perfectly into Aisatsana.
180_db is a change of pace. Every record has a "Bodysnatchers."
>>
>>53235516
>>53235541
Instead of trying to rehash his past career as Drukqs seemed to do, Aphex Twin looked ahead and focused on just one style on Syro (Warp, 2014): painstakingly sculpted, multilayered, hyperkinetic, scrambled, burbling, glitchy preludes for chopped vocal samples, fibrillating hyper-polyrhythms and looped eccentricities. His main asset here is the skill in manipulating audio devices, as proven also by the crystal-clear machine sound. His second asset is his passion for deviant harmony. The result is a deliberate contradiction, "songs" such as Minipops 67, 180db_ and Syro U473t8+e that attempt to fuse elegant geometry and dadaistic anarchy. Along the way James also stages two music-hall skits, namely Produk 29 (almost a parody of house-music) and the stuttering polka Circlont6a. This oblique strategy unravels masterfully in two pieces that straddle the border with classical music: Circlont14, that sounds like a Bach toccata remixed at 152 beats per minute with windchimes and castanets, and the major-key carillon-sonata Aisatsana. Aphex Twin had not been so inspired in 20 years. The warm, intense, passionate Syro is the opposite of the amateurish, detached, slacker Drukqs.
>>
>>53235689
Scaruffi legitimately nailed it here.
>>
>>53235689
>Scaruffi drones
Ah, should have known better.
>>
>>53235689
WELCOME TO VOMITORIUM MU
WHERE WE CHEW ON THE STALE REGURGITATIONS
OF AUTISTS
OF PLEB TIER SHITPOSTERS
>>
Mmm idk about that though. You see you're forgetting how painstakingly sculpted, multilayered, hyperkinetic, scrambled, burbly, and glitchy Drukqs is. Even more so than Syro. Both are good in their own right and Syro is much warmer and is not as cold and detached as Drukqs is.
>>
>>53235783
>You see you're forgetting how painstakingly sculpted, multilayered, hyperkinetic, scrambled, burbly, and glitchy Drukqs is. Even more so than Syro
No. Just fucking no.
The music in Drukqs is mostly looped with VERY slight changes in melody, and often more abrupt, unprepared shifts in sections. There is less care and craftmanship.

Syro is much more painstakingly crafted. Every melody flows into the next. Developments are handled with much more grace.

Plus, it doesn't have throwaway tracks.
>>
>>53235682
>Earth Portal segues perfectly into Aisatsana.
How so? I thought it was incredibly jarring, and makes Aisatsana feel tacked on.
>>
>>53235830
Starting with PAPAT4, you have a triumphant melody which decays into fragmentation and weakness. Then seguing into Earth Portal, we have a further dissolution and scattering of melody to its most minimal components, gradually flaking away until the end until all previous parts have been eroded away. In this emptiness, we have the purity of Aisatsana to follow: an affirmation of melody to follow its dissolution.
>>
>>53235824
>>53235880
>melody
who gives a shit?
>>
>>53235830
>>53235880
Aisatsana isn't even that good of a piano piece compared to the stuff on drukqs. It's pretty generic and bland.
>>
>>53235952
Are you pretending to know anything about music
>>
>>53235824

>The music in Drukqs is mostly looped with VERY slight changes in melody, and often more abrupt, unprepared shifts in sections.

You're right about the unprepared shifts (which I love btw) but I don't think the songs were looped with slight changes, it does get different as the tracks go on and their are changes, at least that's what I hear. Talk about Dadaist anarchy, this album is basically that x2.

>There is less care and craftmanship.

Are you kidding? The craftmanship is amazing. The fact that he slammed these tracks together in a short amount of time shows a lot about the guy.

>Plus, it doesn't have throwaway tracks.

The "throwaway" tracks were good and a bit humorous. Aussois and Lornaderek is like wtf but it's funny.
>>
File: flavour town mfw.jpg (42KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
flavour town mfw.jpg
42KB, 660x660px
>>53235601
>drukqs has literally nothing wrong with it

Nice fucking bait, son
>>
>53235783
>The music in Drukqs is mostly looped with VERY slight changes in melody
Is this bait? Have you even listened to Ziggomatic, Meltphace, Afx237, Mt Saint Michel? There's a tremendous amount of musical change happening practically every measure.
>>
>>53235982
Drukqs has pretty much one piano piece that is
1. more than a chord progression
2. not cheesy sounding
and that's Kesson Daslef.

Aisatsana blows them all out of the water with its more meditative and open ended nature, aided in its more interesting harmonic structure.
>>
>>53235995
That's not bait, that's a fairly popular opinion around these parts. You would've known this if you weren't such a newshit.
>>
>>53236006
maybe if you look at the bassline/drums, but who gives a shit about those? Syro does it across all lines
>>
>>53236013
>cheesy
great criticism.
>>
>>53236013

You can't be serious.
>>
>>53236038
It is, and its sad that you can't hear the cheesiness in that 1st and 3rd piano track in particular.
>>53236041
good retort
>>
>>53236035
As does Drukqs.
>>
>>53236082
having listened to it I still have to disagree but I'm not going to relisten to it right now to go point by point on this
plus 3 hours of sleep aint kind
>>
File: nigga hol up.png (200KB, 351x345px) Image search: [Google]
nigga hol up.png
200KB, 351x345px
>>53236015
Have fun with all those forgettable snippets of bullshit
>>
>>53236065
What's cheesy about Kladfvgbung Micshk?
>>
>>53236099
it sounds like a theme that would be used in Kim Possible
>>
>>53236141
Never seen it so I can't really comment.
>>
>>53236141
the fuck?
>>
>>53236188
it's a Disney childnen's spy show
>>
File: afk.png (117KB, 600x665px) Image search: [Google]
afk.png
117KB, 600x665px
meh its ok. I'd probably give it a 5.5,
>>
Drukqs is great but it can also be pretty dark and depressing. I'm glad it didn't end up as his final album.

Although it's inconsistent and far from perfect, it was still worth investing some time into understanding. I'd say it's a bit of a brainteaser; it can be frustrating at times but worth it for the most satisfying moments.

I wouldn't say there's anything exactly wrong with any of the tracks, but some definitely outshine others.
>>
There needs to be more drill n bass in life.
>>
File: cover.jpg (89KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
89KB, 600x592px
If you liked Drukqs, check this out if you haven't yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxCiWpG5wc
>>
>>53236141
kim possible is like matrix style EDM, not fucking automated percussion.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.