[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prod/ - music production

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: give us two more namms.jpg (106KB, 823x651px) Image search: [Google]
give us two more namms.jpg
106KB, 823x651px
>8 hours of field recordings of a jew speaking about anime edition
Post the tracks you're working on, discuss general music production. Learn why cuties love modulars and why moot thinks general threads are just chatrooms.

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for WIPs
>soundcloud for completed tracks and getting called a fag for not going to soundcloud threads.

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles and stuff
http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki//mu/sic_Production_Wiki
>>
File: lemon.jpg (33KB, 214x195px) Image search: [Google]
lemon.jpg
33KB, 214x195px
I'm back. Hungover as fuck. I have a new microphone arriving monday and I have some really sweet gigs I'm lining-up... some pipe organs/concert halls that are just fantastic. I lit'rally cannot wait.

Also, I <3 moot
>>
moot confirmed asuka is best girl
>>
>>53081332
damn son y so early
>>
>>53082276
dude its almost 1pm how is that early
>>
>>53082358
I early in that the last thread is still alive
>>
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/kTTw9jIJ/file.html

made this track and I think it sound a lil bit like Asap rocky- pretty flacko 2
,but cant add something that will sound allright with that gangsta string , i dont know notes and chord progression :(
What will be your advice?
>>
>>53082440
learn "notes" (lmao) and chord progressions then
you could just google them but I like this guy:
http://www.daveconservatoire.org/
>>
>>53081332
>dat op pic
holy shit this is a new level of niggas on lsd
>>
File: wtfisthis.png (39KB, 1658x313px) Image search: [Google]
wtfisthis.png
39KB, 1658x313px
>>53081332
can anyone help me out here?
I just got a focusrite 2i2, and it seems to be compressing the signal. First half is guitar>effects>2i2>computer, second half is guitar>effects>computer. What am I doing wrong?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0W4wILSvlMo
>>
File: visual.png (16KB, 585x410px) Image search: [Google]
visual.png
16KB, 585x410px
I've been thinking about how great it would be to have this simple tool to create a surround sound.

The basic idea is to have a program in which you place instruments or sound in to a 2D visual plain, like I have on my picture, and the program would mix the sounds so that when listened to on your headphone (I'm pretty sure this would only work well for headphones) it sound like it's coming from the direction you have placed it in the plain relative to the listener.

I think the program would use stereo panning reverbs and the stereo offset for wide stereo feel and reverbs and EQs to make distant sounds and to simulate how sounds coming from certain direction react with your auricle.

You could also make the instruments or the listener move around the plain.

The whole thing could also 3D which would be
even better.
>>
>>53082955
Interesting, I thought about that too but surely there is something similar already made, right?
>>
>>53082902
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0W4wILSvlMo
Did you try increasing the gain on the focusrite? If the focusrite comes with software then it could be a setting in that but I don't own one so I dunno.
>>
>>53081332

whats a good DAW/microphone setup for live instruments? I want to record a lo-fi drum track and then add some live guitar / possibly synth bullshit on top of it
>>
>>53083164
>DAW for live instruments
reaper, audacity, protools, logic
>>
>>53083182

I hear people talk about ableton a lot, is that not good for what I want to do? Is it better for samples and loops or something
>>
>>53083164
>DAW
any of them
reaper is free* and more recording oriented

are we talking acoustic or electric guitar?
>>
>>53083182
well yeah it can do live recording. all daw's can pretty much do everything but the workflow is different. some workflows are live recordings oriented such as the ones mention and some are more bleep oriented such as ableton and renoise.

pick the one you like most though. I'm sure like music like itaots can be done in ableton too. just remember to read the manual.
>>
>>53083208

electric
>>
File: Lunga - Give us two more beers.jpg (232KB, 885x886px) Image search: [Google]
Lunga - Give us two more beers.jpg
232KB, 885x886px
Hey, I have an idea.
It's a weird Idea but it mite b fun.

We make a /prod/ collab album, named "give us two more beers", that way we get to know each other and have fun and stuff.
Then we sell it on bandcamp, and use the funds to pay that guy on discogs that has the actual album to fix his shit and rip it for us.
Is this completely retarded?
>>
>>53083322

/mu/ collabs tend to fall apart pretty quickly (oceangrunge album last year/ that time /mu/ tried to get a label started)

it's because 90 percent of the people on /mu/ are slackers who don't really do well at planning shit out
>>
>>53083322
kind of
collaborations are kind of hard on the internet, but we could maybe share our own samples and other people do shit with them
>>
>>53083322
not completely retarded
Selling the album and moving money to where its supposed to go is probably near impossible but as a fun project it could work with a lot of tricky organization
>>
>>53083363
I meant collab as in "everyone make a song" but I guess people can work together if they feel like it
>>
>>53083322
i'd be down for this. maybe it wouldn't be so much a collab on individual songs, but like an album where everyone throws in a song. i dunno about selling it through haha who would buy it? this reminds me of the song 'challenge' we did that one time like 6 months ago. it'd basically be that except we put it on bandcamp unless we have a theme or genre we fit into.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/toybreaker/tjilin

Uploaded this beat a few minutes ago. Was working on it a while but ran into a mental block and couldn't figure out how to add decent progression so just faded it in and out using what I consider to be the best part.
Done in ableton. The main sample is traditional indonesian music.
>>
>>53083322
I tried to do that a while ago. posted a bunch of clyp.its that were 'public domain' of /prod/ and got a few replies but it seemed like no one did anything with them nor was really interested in it.

I think its because if people would spend time and work on their daw they'd rather do it for themselves.

I'm deff still down for it 100% tho gotta find how to organize it maybe set up a google drive or Dropbox for /prod/ to use.
>>
>>53083322
I'm willing, I'll try to contribute something not so bleep orientated
>>
I think the only way a collab would work is assigning specific genres so people that don't often do these genres get excited and contribute
>>
>>53083003
>surely there is something similar already made, right?
I don't know... haven't found anything yet.
>>
>>53083362
/mu/ bloody valentine and kid /mu/ happened, though. so it's not all that impossible
>>
>>53083677
/mu/ also covered itaots and its p dam good. do you have a link for kid mu? I'd like to listen to it
>>
>>53083719
https://mupresents.bandcamp.com/album/kid-mu
though, the bonus tracks aren't featured on here for some reason... i did a grungy idioteque
>>
I'm okay to work with you. An album is maybe a bit ambitious but we could make groupe of 2-3 people for each tracks.

We could do something on twitch. One guy is hosting ableton. The others in the chat give rec and share samples.

It's saturday, i'm working on boring music alone. I'm okay to start right now.
>>
We can just make a song each around a theme. Maybe "music inspired by this pic >>53083322"
>>
>>53083857
I can dig it
>>
>>53083787
me too I was gonna work on fleshing out all my shitty wips but this sounds ten times more fun. which is why, I assume, were all here
>for fun
>>
>>53083870
I can't host the stream, we need somebody who is a native speaker. I'll give ideas and samples (synths part)
>>
producer orgy, I'm down
>>
File: the fuck.jpg (657KB, 1959x1104px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck.jpg
657KB, 1959x1104px
Collabs or contests have been the death of these threads time and time again.

Gotta find some way to keep it nice and casual. Just my two cents.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.