[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Let's be clear, it's two White people up for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: gambino.png (151KB, 430x286px) Image search: [Google]
gambino.png
151KB, 430x286px
"Let's be clear, it's two White people up for a Grammy this year: Iggy Azalea and Childish Gambino," >"I would much rather have Iggy win the award. "
>"If Childish wins.... you think Kanye embarrasses himself when he goes on stage and tries to say some political deep shit? "
>"Childish Gambino gon' go up there and you gon' be like: 'Boy I wish he was White.'"
>"Y'all gon' be saying: 'Hey, trade Childish for Iggy please.' Y'all gon' be begging."

ouch...
>>
fucked up my greentext, oops
>>
>>52982739
Ayy I watched that Charlamagne interview too. Don't expect a lot of people on /mu/ to give a shit about Vlad TV though.
>>
I feel bad for Childish Gambino at this point. I've only ever heard one of his songs, but the harrassment from the black community has to get old. He's just doing what he does, and is met with "HURR YOU'RE NOT NIGGERISH ENOUGH. WHERES THE GUN TALK. YOU'RE NOT A REAL NIGGA HURRR"

Give me a fucking break.
>>
Childish Gambino fucking sucks so him winning anything is a disappointment
>>
>>52982739
Fucking racist. How is that okay?
>>
>>52983898
But there are plenty of black rappers that don't talk about that and aren't called white
They just don't try to be white
>>
>>52982739
I realy don't care for his music. It feels very fake.
>>
>>52983996
Childish Gambino isn't trying to "be" anything. He's just a nerd.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTH8Fj9S3fA
>>
>>52983898
his music appeals the most to the epitome of a white college student which is the start of that problem
>>
>>52982739
>more nerdy black rappers

wont be able to hear him over the sound of eyes rolling
>>
>>52984146
So does Kanye West. So did G-Unit.
>>
>>52982739
idk but i hate this stupid hippy douchebag, oh god how i hate him
>>
why is it only gambino that is called a white rapper when he's not even the nerdiest black rapper out there
>>
Fuck this guy. He leaving community fucked the show even more than it already was.
>>
>>52984056
Lupe's a nerd. He references Marvel comics twice and Ninja Turtles once on Tetsuo & Youth. He has a song called Mazinger. And he doesn't get called white.
>>
>>52983898
Black people look down on anyone that doesn't run around in gangs causing violence, and then blame the evil whitey for everything wrong.
>>
>>52984056
he's trying pretty goddamn hard.
>>
i'd be surprised if iggy doesn't win because white america hates rap music.
>>
>>52984354
Eminem's dream was to become a comic book artist.

Well, he's white, but still.
>>
>>52984146
all college people don't like gambino he's high school tier
>>
>>52984354
>And he doesn't get called white.
That's because he still talks about guns and drugs and "street shit".
>>
This thread's going to be special, I can tell
>>
>>52983898
He's kind of asking for it when he sells out and puts out a mixtape with DJ Drama. That and he's a shit hip hop artist
>>
>>52984354
He also watches anime.
>>
>>52984386
White America accepted hip hop a long time ago. For anything to be mainstream in America, it has to be excepted by white America.
>>
>>52984401
To be fair, a lot of that is because he grew up around it.
>>52984424
I thought that was clear from "He has a song called Mazinger." Mazinger is a mecha anime.
>>
>>52984446
>To be fair, a lot of that is because he grew up around it.
Which is what I'm saying. Childish Gambino did not. He's rejected by the black community for not being niggerish enough. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>52984341
It's a shitty show with or without him, why watch it?
>>
>>52984446
Never heard of it before. Sorry, my bad.
>>
>>52984435
White America accepts that rap exists, but there are still a LOT of people who run around claiming "it's all about bitches and bling and guns" and thinking Mackelmore and Eminem are the only two rappers ever to talk about anything else.
>>
whitest rapper i've ever heard
>>
>>52984488
They're by far in the minority at this point, especially around people under 30.
>>
So exactly what is the point of this thread?
>>
Gambino gets called white because his music is identical to the music of corny white frat rappers.
Listen to a Hoodie Allen album then listen to Culdesac or Camp. Listen to a G-Easy album then listen to Royalty.
Rappers like Kanye and Lupe don't get caled white because their music is far from that.
>>
>>52984519
White kids snickering because Gambino is being made fun of by black people.
>>
>>52984467
I think a lot of people think he's going out of his way to pander to college students. If he was better (I think he's alright, but definitely overrated by some people) he might be able to overcome that stigma.

At the same time, it's no different than other rappers getting shit on by white people because they do talk about drugs and such.
>>
>>52983898
the problem is that he tries so hard to be part of the 'black community' and pretends that he is some hard rapper

The guy has a gigantic, loyal fanbase outside of /mu/, though, step out some time

>>52984435
It's a paradox. You have the white people who abhor rap and listen to shit music like country, folk, really bad electropop like Taylor Swift and whatnot, and then you have the white people who love rap because they think it gives them an edge and makes them popular, since black people are an integral part of American economy and society now

It's really a shit cycle but it's basic human instinct at this point
>>
>>52984467
Who cares? He's a terrible hip hop artist, picks stale beats, makes no attempt at internal rhyme, and has trash flow. Why do you give a shit about his status in the "black community", whatever the fuck that means, and why do you all care so much about race? Skin color doesn't fucking matter, at all, unless you make it matter.

The "black community" 's got it right if you ask me, at least THEY know he's shit, unlike half the braindead sorority girls at my University.
>>
>>52984570
>the problem is that he tries so hard to be part of the 'black community' and pretends that he is some hard rapper
But I was just told he tries so hard to be part of the white college student community.
>>
>>52984570
>shit music like country
In the same breath as you criticize people for dismissing a whole genre. Nice.
>>
>>52984324
something about donald does come off as disingenuous though

like he talks completely differently now that he's a rapper, in comparison to the way he talked when he was a writer on 30 rock, or when he was on community

i mean people change, but it feels like an act to me.

like compare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEytPYseCjg#t=122
with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTH8Fj9S3fA

in the chief keef interview it sounds like he's trying to "sound black", as racist as that is to say.

It's utterly cringeworthy.
>>
>>52984600
>why do you all care so much about race? Skin color doesn't fucking matter
Really? Cause Charlamagne, whoever the fuck that is, sure thinks it matters.
>>
>>52984435
i don't think you know what "white america" means.
hint: it's not nerds and backpackers on /mu/
>>
>>52984622
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTH8Fj9S3fA
Way too fucking cringe for me.
>>
>>52984146
So does most mainstream hip-hop
>>
>>52984639
>Cause Charlamagne, whoever the fuck that is

A big retard. There, now you don't have to care.
>>
>>52984570
>country
>folk
>electropop

those aren't shit. i don't think whole genres can be shit anyway.
i like rap the most but i'm not sure it's objectively better than anything else.
my point was, white people, real white people who actually make the decisions this country runs on, don't really care all that much about rap. thats why they will vote iggy. because, to them, really, who gives a shit?
the fact that shes even nominated should tell you all you need to know without it being broken down.
>>
>>52984639
I watched the interview Charlamagne was pretty much saying he doesn't understand why people are making a big deal about race.
>>
>>52984146
You just described ever popular hip hop artist ever
>>
>>52984679
thats almost gore level

"i heard you like belts a lot. now what belt is that?"

LOL
>>
>>52984354
>And he doesn't get called white.
He doesn't get called anything anymore.

Lupe fell off with Lazers and nobody gives a fuck anymore
>>
>>52984864
>not knowing people are hype as fuck about Tetsuo & Youth since it leaked
Pay attention.
>>
>>52984891
>Tetsuo & Youth
*yawn*

Backpacker pls
>>
>>52984864
you clearly havent heard tetsuo & youth
>>
>>52984354
What happened to him being about that skater life?
>>
>>52984605
His last mixtape or EP or whatever it was was him dreaming about being a fucking gangster or whatever. He sometimes appeals to the whiteys, sometimes to the blacks, yes, but he constantly tries to be 'reel'.

>>52984620
>>52984747
Yeah haha did I hurt your feelings?

But seriously I meant to say pop country and really inoffensive and bland folk like Pete Seeger

As for >>52984747, they don't care about it to an extent, but at the same time they do. Especially after Ferguson. They're going to want the black man to win. But then again, Iggy Azalea is a huge, controversial figure, so who knows?

Whatever. In any case it'll be funny to watch the meltdowns and Internet fights that come as a result of this
>>
>>52984905
>backpacker
when will this meme die
>>
>>52984920
He changed his image
Like any other pop artist
>>
>>52984905
That only works for people who don't like anything BUT "conscious" hip hop. Not for people who like it at all. Try again. I'll wait.
>>
>>52984861
>that part where he tries to compare stacks with keef

like, donald went to fucking NYU lmao

i hesitate to call him racist, since he's literally black, but man...
>>
File: kek.jpg (23KB, 320x216px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
23KB, 320x216px
>>52984341
>liking Community past Season 2
>>
>>52984341
>liking Community
>ever
>>
>>52984987
>watching television
>>
>>52984891
>>52984908
You know, for some odd reason I'm curious to see Fantano and P4K review this. Even though I love the album and don't care all that much about what either of them think.
>>
File: dasmyniggarighthere.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
dasmyniggarighthere.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>52985021
>existing
>>
>>52984924
>But seriously I meant to say pop country and really inoffensive and bland folk like Pete Seeger
You realize that Pete Seeger was literally blacklisted and banned from the radio, right?
>>
Hey i really like the song Sober off the Kauai EP, does anyone have a download for the EP? I checked the archive to no avail

Also fuck I don't care if you think it sucks
>>
>>52985062
Maybe he meant Bob Seger.
>>
File: 000000000.png (245KB, 485x347px) Image search: [Google]
000000000.png
245KB, 485x347px
Childish Gambino is entry-level memerap
>>
>>52985021
Only time I watch tv is for sports
>>
>>52985027
p4k will give it a high 7/low 8 no bnm

They'll say it's the best thing Lupe's done since The Cool, they'll love the trap influenced beats, but they won't like the lyrics because it's not mostly generic party fodder

As for Fantano, he'll either give it a 5/6 because A. not experimental enough, B. he's feeling contrarian and he knows /mu/ likes this, C. he doesn't want to be accused of being capricious because he disliked Lasers and F&L2 so he'll give it a low score as well to save face, but say that Lupe is going in a better direction
>>
>>52985105
Hopefully.

I realize that by modern standard's Seeger's pretty tame, but to argue that this was always the case is pure ignorance.
>>
>>52985062
fuck yeah I meant >>52985105

sorry for all this damage control, it's getting late
>>
>>52985174
I disliked Lasers and thought F&L2 was mediocre. How would rating T&Y even 10/10 invalidate that fact?

Though, yeah, you're probably right on both counts.
>>
>>52984908
Lupe was pretty good on his tracks on My Beautiful Dark Twisted fantasy as well
>>
>>52985089
i got it off of kickass
>>
>>52985233
Do you have a fanbase that watches you daily? Do you have a ton of other websites that watch you because you're a popular voice in the indie music community?

Fantano very rarely, if ever gives a good score to an artist that he's previously said he disliked in a video, and the reason is (this is speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true) if he said, say, he disliked a certain aspect of the older album, but liked an aspect that's similar on the later album, then he would get fried. Look what happened with the backlash he received from /mu/ after he did the Fashion Week review and all the people complaining about how he gave GP, an album that featured Ride's vocals, a 6, and FW, an album that featured no vocals, a 7, despite the fact that he said Ride's vocals were a central part of what he liked about the band.

sorry if that came out convoluted
>>
File: reallynigga.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>>52985021
>being this edgy
>>
>>52985114
You read BBC too?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.