[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ausfags of /mu/, what do you think of Triple J? Personally I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 18

File: tj.png (112KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
tj.png
112KB, 1200x630px
Ausfags of /mu/, what do you think of Triple J?

Personally I think it's the cancer that's killing Australian music and making it shit and sound all the same
>>
>>52968382
>the cancer that's killing Australian music and making it shit and sound all the same

nah, thats Australians.
>>
>>52968382
/thread

you're correct about everything

Triple J is cancer and so is its fanbase. I really hope Taylor Swift is number 1 on the 100 this year just to piss those cunts off.
>>
>>52968400
Same.

I never vote in the Hottest 100, but my top 10 was pretty much all Taylor Swift, Death Grips and Swans just to piss off those smug bastards.
>>
>>52968382
>cancer that's killing Australian music
err, triple J is pretty good in comparison to most of the other stations, bar maybe community radio but then it is hit and miss. Triple J might not play the undergrounds often but at least they play something different besides billboard top 40.

>making it shit and sound all the same

Maybe, they do pander to a pretty bogan community. They do overplay some artists and heavily focus Australian artists even if they are bad, see Chet Faker, but they do change things up occasionally.

Father bob and John safran tho. GOAT
>>
>>52968416
>They do overplay some artists and heavily focus Australian artists even if they are bad, see Chet Faker

This is so fucking true. They kiss the shit out of Chet Faker's ass and it's annoying as fuck.
>>
ITT: Australiens mad at a radion station not playing meme grips or 10min bird songs. Who would've guessed.
>>
Better than anything else on the radio in my area. They play some good shit and while the majority of the presenters are annoying Lewis McKirdy is a top cunt.
>>
i used to think it was funny how one of the newsreaders would always make mistakes but then i learnt she's actually blind and she repeats what she hears after a robot tells it to her
>>
>>52968431
Oh my god this so much. Not to mention they'll support awful indie pop groups like Ball Park Music or San Cisco, and that's not even mentioning the millions of awful bogan hip-hop acts.
>>
>>52968382
Not a fan tbh. I don't find it as abhorrent as others do though.
>>
>>52968400
if tay tay swift wins im just going straight to their facebook page to see the hate unfold in the comments. it will be beautiful.
>>
>>52968557
Truly the butthurt will engulf the entire country.
>>
>>52968690
the great war of 1989
>>
>>52968690
It won't happen. Even if she did win, they wouldn't allow it. They would just lie and say it didn't make it in, make up some bullshit excuse or just pretend it didn't happen.

Pretty much exactly what they are doing now. About a sentence has been said in regards to it by their staff. I think they have been briefed not to give it attention.

I find it hilarious too how jagermeister is plugging the shit out of peaking duck yet they complain t swift is commercial.

Also why all the hate for chat faker? He isn't that bad? Pretty fresh stuff I guess. He is basically flume with singing though.
>>
>>52968723
the problem with chet is just that his singing, just sucks. he's like that one guy you know who thinks he has vocal talent but just ends up breaking apart.
>>
>>52968757
What's so bad about his singing? He is on key and it suits his music.

I'm not arguing, I just don't see how it is bad enough to detract from his overall package when you have other revered musicians who are worse.
>>
>>52968382
It should be the yard stick for Australian Radio.

Is your station better than Triple J? Congrats, you're a good station.

Is your station worse than Triple J? Well then you ain't shit.

I end up listening to it anyway because there is sweet fuck all out here in the country.
>>
>>52968810
4ZZZ in Brisbane isn't too bad. But like another poster said, hit and miss and mostly garbage. But I have heard some personal favourites on there like darkside, mogwai, sleep... The list could go on..
>>
>>52968777
it's just that he can't keep his voice together on most of his songs. it just sounds like his voice is about to break. i'm pretty sure he adds other vocals of his on top of his own to keep it together besides for "texture". also the themes of his songs sounds incredibly white girlish. "coffee and cigarettes" just sounds like a tumblr blog.
also one of his tags on last.fm is "shoegaze hip-hop". not his fault i know, but still, why?
>>
File: 1378448887568.jpg (13KB, 350x361px) Image search: [Google]
1378448887568.jpg
13KB, 350x361px
>elitist triple J plebs rage about T Swift taking out the hottest 100

>vote for peaking duck, milky chance and fucking chet faker.

Triple J is a fucking cancer. No worse subculture of humans than Triple J listeners.
>>
>>52968843
David Bowie sounds like his voice is about to break. That guy from nmh sounds like his voice is about to break. Belle and Sebastian guy sounds like he didn't practice his vocals enough and didn't warm up. But I do get what you are saying, I fucking hate his hype.

It is annoying too that this time every year is when people go "yeah chat faker will defs get number 1", and vote it because they heard another say it. Fuck triple j. Fuck chet faker. I hope it ends badly this year. Richard kingsmill or whatever his name is needs to lose his job.
>>
File: walter tv.png (56KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
walter tv.png
56KB, 184x184px
I don't listen enough to the radio enough to have formulated opinions on Triple J; they've been around since I was a kid, my family used to listen to them a fair bit. I will admit the music they air is a lot better than the other, more popular music on other stations, but that's just a personal opinion. Now I'm older, I've come to realise that Triple J cater to two types of people. A certain niche of people that avoid listening to mainstream pop music like it's the plague, and people who don't really care, and just listen to whatever they prefer. Group A are too dim and close-minded to realise that Triple J is one of those mainstream pop stations, just in a local, national web, following more subtle forms of it. I remember a few weeks ago I was at my sister's 21st, and was flipping through her iPhone on it's dock to see that around 75% of the artists were Triple J-core. Keep in mind, this is the kind of girl that has a room full of Joy Division posters and films (Pulp Fiction, Fear and Loathing), and is a closet lesbian. The more I think about it, the more I come to terms with the fact that people will do anything to boost their ego's, increase their social respect and cred, and inflate their sense of self-importance, which includes, listening to certain types of music.
>>
>>52968496
holy fuck ball park music is easily the worst JJJ-core band of the last couple of years.
>>
it's actually quite sad that they have a complete monopoly on australian music to the point where your band/career as a musician is going nowhere until you kiss richard kingsmill's ass

literally the tastemakegir of everyone from centrelink bogans and their aussie hip hop to upper class 17 year old girls and their chet flaker/flume
>>
File: tumblr_kvm1hjyQcT1qzm6hyo1_500.jpg (135KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kvm1hjyQcT1qzm6hyo1_500.jpg
135KB, 500x459px
>mfw I work for a popular "top hits" style radio station in Australia and the internal motto is, "Straight from the charts, but not from our hearts."
>>
>>52968892
christ fuck kingsmill. his weekend show makes me retch
>>
>>52968899
i'd sooner support a mindless top 40 hits show than the cunts at jjj
>>
>>52968884
I like Kingsmill, he put Total Control - Typical System as his favourite album of 2014. That album is pretty damn good.
>>
>>52968884
i guess you're right, voice breakage happens with a lot of singers, i've only noticed it with chet because it's just bothered me a lot.
but i fucking hate that 'so indie!' image triple j music puts on itself. just because you have fucking triangles, 80's outfits, beards & vinyl records in your videos doesn't mean you're an underground band nobody knows, you're a fucking embarrassment to yourself.
>>
>>52968899
is that koala eating a frosty fruit? fuark
>>
>>52968924
Hahha triangles I have to remember that. Goddamit I'm dreading the thought of whichever hottest 100 day BBQ I'm at next week.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (762KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
762KB, 1024x768px
>>52968916
Most people there prefer Triple J to our main stations. I get a choice of top hits or radio edits removing the good parts of any track I actually like.

>>52968927
Yes, yes it is.
>>
>>52968382
Very average. Often unfortunately the only station found outside the major cities.

I've heard better stuff on Double J. The 10pm-12am program from Tim Ritchie this evening was top tier
>>
>>52968916
this. People always say its a better alternative. No. JJJ breeds a culture of plebby elitism and general snobbery amongst its fans.
>>
>>52968953
blast some ben frost at the bbq
everybody will just slowly back away while you just shout "THIS IS REAL AUSSIE MUSIC YOU SHEEP"
>>
Triple J plays such a constricted range of music and they latch and spam such shitty artists
>>
>>52968964
Sounds like mu.
>>
is it just me or have they really put a lot of effort into the hottest 100 event this year? i know it's been big for years but this year it feels like they are shoving it down our throats like never before
>>
>>52968996
they always shove it down our throats
>>
>>52968964
Sounds like mu.
>>
>>52968964
>breeds a culture of plebby elitism and general snobbery amongst its fans.

Hmmm, why does that sound so familiar.
>>
File: a0333213139_10.jpg (117KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
a0333213139_10.jpg
117KB, 418x455px
>>52968964
>JJJ breeds a culture of plebby elitism
>>
>>52968977
I'm just kind of hoping sleep makes waves gets on there. They are our sole post rock (arguably metal) band and I'd like to see more bands influenced by this. And they are still pretty pleb compared to overseas and past post rock.

Top 10 will suck anyway. I fucking hope that scrub Vance joy just fades out into obscurity. 1 shitty song and it's already being plugged on vitamin ads. I hate that cunt more than chat faker.
>>
>>52969014
I hope Red eyes or Seasons will get there. It would be nice to hear more exposure for Future Islands.
>>
>>52968996
i don't the point in shit like this
it's just like a day of people jerking each other off to shitty pop songs acting like they're not listening to shitty pop songs and getting pissed off when someone else's songs gets on the chart.
i remember i saw on facebook they show the top 200 results and kanye's blood on the leaves got at 198 and people were shitting themselves and saying "why is le gayfish on our chart?", "no talent hack!" "fuck off with this cRAP and have some real music!" i mean it's a fucking song chart not battle royale
>>
>>52969014
yeah sleepmakeswaves is pretty good post-rock despite being pigeon-holed with that plebby j shit
>>
This thread is worst than reddit. Circlejerking to the max.
>>
i got played on unearthed
am i the cancer that is killing music?
>>
>>52968953
>all australia day events are just hottest 100 countdowns in disguise now
200 years later the aboriginals finally get their revenge
>>
>>52969029
Fingers crossed. Reality is that dune rats will finish above most of the better artists and will be hailed, only to be forgotten about like the hordes of other indi electro acts. Whatever happened to parachute youth?
>>
>>52969061
Some of the stuff is p cool on unearthed, what are you called?
>>
>>52969061
depends
do you try to fit in with that "im so indie!!!" image?
if not then you're probs good
>>
>>52969064
I doubt they will ever get their revenge. The white man could completely disappear from Australia, but the Midnight Oil records would haunt them.
>>
>>52969094
the abos wouldn't be able to organise themselves to actually orchestrate any form of revenge
>>
>>52969064
>>
>>52969061
While a lot of criticism can be leveled at Triple J for the general hypocrisy and wankery of Kingsmall Unearthed can't be seen as anything but positive. Yes it can smack of pretentious indie wankery on occasion but putting out music for genuinely small time Australian musicians to a national audience is net positive. That being said you're probably the cancer killing music.
>>
>>52969108
Pretty hard to organise anything when someone comes and pushes you off cliffs, rounds you up into camps to breed you out and effectively press pause on a culture so they miss out entirely on their industrialisation.

But hey... Fuck them abos hey! First thr boats, now them!
>>
I was so excited the other week when that supposed avalanches single premiere happened on another radio station that wasn't triple j, i can only imagine how angry they would have been if it was real
>>
Hey guys, the cringe thread is over there.
>>52949606
>>
>>52969158
"but....we're the indie station...."
>>
File: 1420933690275.jpg (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1420933690275.jpg
10KB, 255x200px
>>52969132
>thats what green voters have actually been indocotrinted to believe

Also, industrialisation?
>>
>>52969132
Fair point, sorry man. It's just that literally all of the aboriginals I've met are pretty dodgy characters. It also doesn't help that I spent most of my childhood near one cunt that raped his 7 year old niece.
>>
I only listen to Triple R, cunts
>>
File: 1420544358210.png (157KB, 346x333px) Image search: [Google]
1420544358210.png
157KB, 346x333px
I've come to hate the hosts a lot more than the music, to be honest. They are literally the most annoying self-righteous fucking cunts who spend more time stroking their own dicks and laughing at their jokes then actually interviewing or profiling artists or whatever when they're not playing music.

Also, i like how they finally turfed that old fucker the Doctor out and he came up with some bullshit story about he was quitting to focus on Frenzal Rhomb
>>
>>52969210
>frenzal rhomb
is that a side project of shabazz palaces?
>>
triple j was aight before whoever came to chuck flume, chet faker, tame impala on repeat. i legit like tame impala but shit's ruined for me cause of triple j
>>
>>52969197
I know a couple of the elders of the kaurna tribe in SA. I respect those guys more than I have any white person in Australia. Possibly the most calmest, respectful people I know. But hey, this thread is full of cherry picking so why can't I join in?
>>
>>52969225

>on repeat

According to this: http://www.jplay.com.au/JSite/ViewArtist.aspx?ArtistID=5268

They have only played Tame impala 5 times this year and 19 times last year.
>>
>>52969132
kek

>>r/australia
>>
>>52969132
>Fuck them abos hey! First thr boats, now them!
Fuck yeah, fuck those abos and their abocestors. Should didgeridoo them in.
>>
>>52968723
Chet Faker is the poor man's James Blake
>>
File: shit hop.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shit hop.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
YO I EAT MEAT PIES IN THE BACK OF A UTE
DRINK VB AND PUNCH KANGAROOS
>>
>>52968835
4ZZZ is amazing, I rather work for them and get paid fuck all than work for Triple J and be forced to plug Hilltop Hoods all day.

4ZZZ, 3RRR and Kiss FM are the saviours of Australian radio
>>
File: skip plop.jpg (81KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
skip plop.jpg
81KB, 600x400px
YO YO YO

MEAT PIES
>>
File: shit plop.jpg (107KB, 966x493px) Image search: [Google]
shit plop.jpg
107KB, 966x493px
PIIIIES
>>
>>52969379
>>52969402

This is literally all my friends listened to in high school. Nothing but Hilltop Hoods, Bliss 'N Eso, Kerser and 360 all fucking day. If they were feeling br00tal they'd chuck on Parkway Drive just to break up the monotony, and that was all they'd play.

Skip-Hop might just be the most cancerous thing to emerge from Triple J.
>>
File: triplejcunt.png (118KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
triplejcunt.png
118KB, 500x523px
>average_triple_j_listener.jpg
>>
>>52969444
kek i've never seen this one before
>>
>>52969424
While I can't stand the acts you mentioned and almost all other Australian hip hop I kind of like Joelistics first solo album. Am I plebian?
>>
File: skid hop.jpg (5KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
skid hop.jpg
5KB, 240x210px
YO

YO YO YO
ONE TWO

LAMINGTONS LAMINGTONS LAMINGTONS LAMINGTONS
SIPPIN ON A FOSTERS WHILE IM WAITING AT CENTRELINK
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 360x360px
aus general? Many here heard of Zeahorse? Shit's the bomb
>>
>>52969380
Thanks, I'll check them out
>>
>>52969495
You reminded me that I needed to download these.
Have you heard The Nuclear Family? They played with Zeahorse one time a while back
>>
>>52969467
The only Australian hip-hop act I've ever listened to in depth was The Funkoars, and that was because they produced the Housos soundtrack.

99% of the genre just sounds like utter shit to me.
>>
>>52969521

Yeah was that The Warehouse party in Marrickville? Everyone of my mates were being shitcunts so I didn't end up going.
>>
>>52969444
>Animal Collective are a poor man's Tame Impala
>George_Harrison-My_Sweet_Lord.mp3
>>
>>52969544
Nah the show in Wollongong, I missed out on it though
>>
>>52969071
m8 what are you on about i dont think dune rats could be further for shit like parachute youth
>>
There are 3 different radio.stations in sydney all better than triple j. If you live here you have no excuse to be listening to it
>>
Violent Soho is REAL grunge
>>
>>52969587
alarmingly not everyone lives in sydney or melbourne or some other city center with a million radio station options. for a lot of strayans triple j is their only option for non-digital radio. say what you will about the station but you can't deny their national penetration.
>>
File: image.jpg (780KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
780KB, 1936x1936px
>>52969570

You seen em' before? Very good live band.
Still regret not going to this though.. Donated to the cause though and landed myself a shirt.
>>
>>52969613
Not yet, but I'm definitely keen to. Are they in America right now?
>>
Those like a version things can be interesting at times like with the outkast-tame impala cover. But other than that, they're awful
>>
File: image.jpg (272KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272KB, 2048x1536px
>>52969629

Nah back in the country. Here's their next run of shows.
>>
>>52969603
Violent Soho are fucking horrible. So are DZ Deathrays, Dune Rats and all those other shit JJJ-core bands from Brisbane. Except The Bennies, they're pretty sweet.
>>
>>52969677

DZ Deathrays are good cunt.
>>
>>52969677
I really like a bunch of the garage rock that was coming out of Brisbane and Melbourne a few years ago tbh

TIGER BEAMS were the shit but they don't seem to exist anymore

King Gizz has only gotten better and finally broke into the us
>>
>>52969685
They used to be good, they're absolute shit nowadays. They tried to go "mature" on Black Rat, and now they just suck. They were better off playing mindless garage rock, now they sound like they want to be the next Arctic Monkeys
>>
>>52969698
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard are great, I'm happy they're getting successful in the US and UK. They deserve it.
>>
>>52969611
That's why I said, if you live in Sydney you have no excuse. I understand if you're in the mountains or something
>>
>>52969724
Yeah I'm just saying that the few areas of this country with the population density to justify actual radio channels shitting on everyone else for listening to JJJ when they have actual options is a little disingenuous. While Triple J is far from perfect it's preferable to the options a lot of the country has.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.