[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>japanese folk inspired chopped up classical music in pos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

File: 20zdymv.jpg (21KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
20zdymv.jpg
21KB, 600x600px
>japanese folk inspired chopped up classical music in post-rock form

This shit is fucking beautiful. If you haven't already give it a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHjHQoxq9O0
>>
>classical music
It's fedoracore modern classical that sounds cheesy as fuck.
It's like its from some shitty animated film or video game soundtrack.
How much classical do you listen to?
>>
>>52938898
nice. 7.5/10
>>
>>52938914
I'm not fucking b8ing.
How much classical do you listen to?
>>
>>52938898
you sound like somebody who's fun you hang out with
>>
>>52938933
Because obviously I bash people's music tastes when I hang out with them IRL.
Obviously.
>>
>>52938898
>fedoracore
nobody says that anymore
>>
>>52938957
You're implying that there isn't music that isn't very clearly fedoracore.
>>
>>52938946
So you're a pussy?
>>
File: iStock_000019735774XSmall.jpg (147KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000019735774XSmall.jpg
147KB, 425x282px
>>52938898
>>52938927
>you can't have fun around me!
>>
>>52938946

don't sweat it man
that's just what they say when they're on the run

you know nobody's going to admit they're wrong here.
>>
I like how nobody has tried to counter me, and the OP clearly doesn't listen to any classical given his silence.
>>
Where do you go after this?
>>
>>52939009
your post is only literally 7 minutes old, he could have gone to the toilet or something you ultra autist
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 341x500px
>>52938898
Nice buzzkill you fucking asshole
>>
>>52938898
great. another one of these art music faggots that think theyre on some musical high ground over other people when they have no idea what the fuck theyre listening to.

Why don't you go crawl up in a ball and stab yourself to death?
>>
>>52939042
Still no argument m8.
>>
It doesn't even sound like classical, people just think that cause it has a lot of piano
>>
>>52939061
Yeah, it's like when someone calls something "jazzy" becasue there is a few saxophone bars
>>
>>52938898
I like how it sounds
>>
>japanese folk inspired
?
>>
>>52939061
>long winded piano sessions with violin melodies

yup, it's classical.
>>
>>52939058
how is one supposed to argue with

"its fedoracore"
"its cheesy"

you had no argument in the first place
>>
>>52939110
My argument is that he doesn't listen to a lot of classical music, or otherwise he would have the same conclusion as me.
>>
Well I liked it, so thanks op
>>
when's Program Music II
>>
>>52938880
GOAT Album
>>
>>52938970
lol wrecked
>>
File: tumblr_lzigzvdn5k1qhafj6.gif (341KB, 174x176px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzigzvdn5k1qhafj6.gif
341KB, 174x176px
can someone post something similar to this?

i need more modern classical with electronic influences pls
>>
>>52939120
So you're basically saying you have an enlightened opinion because of the music you listen to.

Also that he would think the same as you if he heard your music.

Stop.
>>
>>52938898
I'm relistening to it now (downloaded it off SLSK to give it another shot) and as soon as the guitars come in it literally becomes some absolute trash. A garbage melody that would be found in some movie theme or music composed for Concert Band.
Or, even in some throwaway Monstercat post.
>>52939175
No, just not worth my time to respond to.
>>52939176
Listen to better shit, like actual classical music.
>>52939189
Yes. And it's the truth.
>>
>>52938880
Good album, OP. Ignore the sperglords in this thread.
>>
>>52939205
It's good because you don't listen to quality music.
The entry level listener thinks that Taylor Swift is incredible too.
>>
File: miles_davis_tutu_b.jpg (93KB, 521x525px) Image search: [Google]
miles_davis_tutu_b.jpg
93KB, 521x525px
>>52939199
>being this far gone

This guy will never actually realize how pretentious he is.

sort of feel bad for you.
>>
>>52939221
K
>>
>>52939230
Pretentious implies I don't really know what I'm talking about.
It's like when your friends talk about how Imagine Dragons is the greatest modern Rock Band.
>>
>>52939176
i like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYeP8a_Y_0A

it's really not Classical, but just some nice piano pieces + glitch
>>
>>52939199
>it has to sound like classical!
you're so dead set on your preconceived notions of what music should sound like that you're completely missing the point of the music. You're literally no better than the average music pleb that listens to top 40s pop.
>>
>>52939257
You don't.
>>
File: ralph.jpg (54KB, 273x240px) Image search: [Google]
ralph.jpg
54KB, 273x240px
>>52939273
>still responding to it
>>
>>52939273
No it has to sound original, it has to sound creative.
>>52939282
Who are your favorite composers?
>>
it's a good album, but it is not classical, nor japanese folk inspired

that said, this guy has some serious issues tripping over the fact someone put an album he doesn't like in a box of music he likes
if he were that great, he wouldn't be obsessing over it like this
>>
>>52939199
UGH this Midi...flute? clarinet? makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>52939315
we can only hope anon
>>
>>52939335
Oh I see. Death threats instead of actual replies or critiques.

How predictable.

You all are fucking pathetic.
>>
>>52939295
It isn't original or creative? Explain. All i see here is a brilliant mix of a bunch of different musical ideas in order to make some very brilliant stuff.

All well executed.

>>52939349
Try not shitposting and people wont shitpost back.
>>
>>52939257
>Pretentious implies I don't really know what I'm talking about.
That's not at all what pretentious means.
>>
feel when no one in this thread has read night on the galactic railroad or run, melos but are still trying to judge this album
>>
I sorta pity this guy but knowing its 4chan its likely just a persona used to get an emotional response from others
>>
>>52939360
These melodies are typical in, say, Indie game soundtracks. They sound bad there, and they sound bad here.
The folksier parts are greater successes, but don't redeem the record.
>>52939381
>attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
It's literally the fucking definition.
>>52939388
It's actually a trained musician who is fucking sick of ignorance being tolerated.
>>
File: 1420165802911.jpg (683KB, 1500x682px) Image search: [Google]
1420165802911.jpg
683KB, 1500x682px
>>
File: mr avant garde.png (28KB, 1148x513px) Image search: [Google]
mr avant garde.png
28KB, 1148x513px
>>52939395
>It's actually a trained musician who is fucking sick of ignorance being tolerated.
we meet again?
>>
>>52939295
>>52939199
>>52939395
This is wrong.

>>52939413
This is correct.
>>
>>52939415
No, I'm not him. He's the /classical/ troll who is never sincere.
>>
>>52939395
typical melodies? is that all you got?

I could literally apply this for a number of fantastic records and say they're bad.

That's some exceptional nitpicking.
>>
>>52939444
>I'm not him
[citation needed]
>>
>>52939413
tough break bud, setting your expectations sky high to "absolutely beautiful" is only going to lead to a let down.

it's just a good listen, that's all
>>
>>52939456
It's hard to say why it is cheesy if you haven't listened to classical music.
>>52939461
That fucking guy was claiming he fucks tons of women and is a prodigy.
Don't be lazy, faggot.
>>
Here you go guys: https://newamsterdamrecords.bandcamp.com/album/tristan-perich-surface-image

This is a composer and album that is much more interesting in terms of both composition as well as use of electronics.
>>
>>52939472
>hard to say why it's cheesy if you havenm't listened to classical music.

HAHA bullshit. you're basically nitpicking at the album because you think you're somehow superior because of the music you listen to.
>>
>>52939504
I'm not nitpicking. Haven't you ever listened to a soundtrack or piece and hated it because of how cheesy and generic it sounds?
>>
Pic related is also a much better fusion of a sort of classical style with glitch electronics.
>>
>>52939504
it's cheese in the same sense as hans zimmer or whoever else composes hackneyed film music
>>
>>52939521
Yes. This sounds nothing like any soundtrack I've heard aside from the occasional piano structure and melodies.

>off-kilter glitching
>sampling
>song collapsing and reforming itself

These all don't happen very often in soundtracks. You're nitpicking.
>>
>>52939488
That sounds like generic 20th century stuff.

Try this one for size
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PYbIPaW_eg
>>
>>52939578
The MELODIES sound like cheesy soundtrack melodies.
>>52939581
I've already heard that piece.
I haven't heard a fusion of electronics/piano like I have heard in the Perich.
>>
>>52939581
i cant help but think that "xenharmonic" sounds like something a person on tumblr would describe themselves as
>>
/classical get's so butthurt and uptight over everything it's pathetic - just stick to your containment thread please.

as for the music itself it was a nice listen but nothing amazing. I could see it being more enjoyable if I was in the right mood so I bookmarked it for later and I'll probably check out other stuff by him
>>
>>52939602
Well it predates tumblr.
>>
>>52939630
It's not a containment thread.
I haven't posted there in months. I just have an actual education in music that I can rely on.
>>
>>52939636
i know what the actual term means dude, it just seems like some tumblr snowflake would be describing themselves as a "xenharmonic trigender demisexual flowerkin"
>>
>>52939176
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIN28gEWJdY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS9bOm3XHLE
>>
>>52939595
Nothing else to say? I just told you exactly what you wanted to hear and you repeated yourself.

Maybe you're starting to realize how pretentious you are. Go cry yourself to sleep and rethink your life. Maybe when you wake up you'll feel better.
>>
>>52939675
>Maybe you're starting to realize how pretentious you are.
If anything this thread reinforces the fact that /mu/ has terrible taste and that I'm going to have to keep fucking calling you people out on your bullshit.
>>
>>52939649

i'm a music major too. 4th year and going into grad program afterwards. you would be surprised how many educated musicians there are here, you're not special so stop acting like you're some kind of music deity
>>
File: 1413153107750.gif (1MB, 150x113px) Image search: [Google]
1413153107750.gif
1MB, 150x113px
>>52939701
LOL
But you just got called out on YOUR bullshit. I basically just reduced you to a parrot. You have nothing left to say other than "oh, you wouldn't understand!"
>>
File: cover.png (898KB, 819x800px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
898KB, 819x800px
>>52939595
>I haven't heard a fusion of electronics/piano like I have heard in the Perich.
>>
>>52939710
Yeah and the music majors I study with listen to mainstream pop.
I can't trust that you have good taste just because you are a music major.
If I wanted to continue this argument, I'd ask for your favorite artists/composers and we could move from there.
But overall this thread has gone past its usefulness for me.
>>52939727
Who are your favorite composers?
>>52939728
Fair point, it's just that Stockhausen is a far cry from Daisuke.
>>
>>52939739
>Who are your favorite composers?
>trying to divert the argument this hard

How many times have you said that now? that's literally irrelevant. You're just a pretentious faggot that thinks he's above of everyone else because he listens to le obscure classical music. Like actually read through some of your shit.

You criticize an artist for being cheesy, i ask you why. You only give me one really silly reason. I tell you there a bunch of stuff to be appreciated about the music that you're completely glossing over. Then you say that "I can't understand because i don't listen to the music you do"

You fucked up.
>>
>>52939836
It's not irrelevant. If you don't have favorite composers, then it's clear you don't listen to classical. If you don't listen to classical, then you wouldn't understand why the album is borderline dogshit.
Your fake insults mean nothing to me.
>>
>>52939858
And you do? How am i supposed to believe that when you've literally been incapable of explaining yourself for the past 20 minutes and instead rely on buzzwords and cop outs.

You are a fucking fraud, my friend.

And by the way, you still have those preconceived notions of what music should sound like (classical) as you clearly just pointed out.
>>
>>52939913
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>52939913
>you've literally been incapable of explaining yourself for the past 20 minutes
As I already said, Taylor Swift sounds perfectly fine to a person who hasn't listened to tons of more sophisticated music.
Similar for Kashiwa. Nobody here seems to have listened to proper classical music and so I can't convince you of anything. I can only tell you that it legitimately is very cheesy.
>>52939948
If you don't listen to classical music and just want confirmation, sure faggot.
>>
>>52939954
>still under that classical music guise

unbelievable.

Atleast I can point out why Taylor Swift is garbage. You haven't given me a single proper explanation as to why you think kashiwa daisuke is bad. You've just been leaping back and forth between "HURR DURR not as gud as muh classical!" and "you wouldn't understand!"

Pretentious fuckery.
>>
>>52940025
Again.

You haven't listened to classical music. Certainly not a lot of it.

I can't convince you because you have no background in it.

>Atleast I can point out why Taylor Swift is garbage.
Literallly what I fucking just said!

You can do that: because you've listened to TONS of modern music!

AKA the opposite of your status with Kashiwa!
>>
>>52940059
I can explain to a pleb why i think taylor swift is bad. Considering your "expertise" with your bullshit, you should be able to do the same with me. Which you have failed miserably in. Stick to your classical music. Don't try to give your input on things you know nothing about. If this isn't your kind of music then just say so. You just come off as pretentious otherwise.
>>
>>52940104
>I can explain to a pleb why i think taylor swift is bad.
Explain it to me now, then. I want to see what you would say.
>>
>>52940059

I think the problem here is that you somehow think OP's music is being compared to actual classical works....wow you're stupid it's pretty obvious this is not the next beethoven 5th
>>
>>52940129
It insinuates that it is classical music. At the very least, it is modern classical.
>>
>>52940137
This is electronic post-rock with classical vibes.

Look up Bark Psychosis or Tortoise, these people don't consider themselves classical artists.
>>
>>52940156
If you go on RYM (poor example I know, but it's the only one really available that I can find) then you see "Modern Classical" among the genre tags.
>>
>>52940123
Swift's music is basically the epitome of what i consider to be lazily written and uninspired music. Basically all they really strive for is image and groove. Those are he two biggest factors to getting a lot of record sales in my opinion. And that's what they try to do. Go for sales. Not make good music. If you consider it good because it's danceable then good for you. I look for more compelling stuff that will have me coming back for more and more listens.
or atleast that's what i would tell the average pleb.
>>
>>52940230
>Swift's music is basically the epitome of what i consider to be lazily written and uninspired music.
I've been saying the same of Kashiwa really.

The rest of it is particular to Swift.

Basically, I guess one thing I could say is that I feel like Kashiwa is latching onto trends with gimmicks in order to get attention. The glitch aspects in the music, for instance. They seem to be done pretty basic-ly and with little effect.

On an album like Enjoy Your Rabbit, they pack more of a punch. Distortion turns once beautiful melodies into haunting dirges. When the listener gets to "Year of the Sheep" it feels like a bubble has surrounded them: echoes of distortion hit the bubble, but are bounced back. They are in a safe area.

That's a powerful effect.

The stuff in Stella never really felt that way to me.
>>
>>52940165
It's not modern classical. A classical buff like you should know that. Jesus fucking Christ. No wonder you think it's awful. You're assigning it to a genre it isn't.
>>
>>52940282
Oh what the fuck ever.

It's clear that it carries elements of modern classical among others.

It is clearly part of a modern Neoclassical movement.

I'm not going to have this argument...
>>
What a spergy thread.

That said Program Music is not very good.
>>
>>52940295
It's not neoclassical because it's not structured like a neoclassical piece. Classical-era music relied on cadential chord structures, whereas this relies on a simple repeating chord structure. And it's not meant for live performance, it's barely contrapuntal, it fulfills practically no aspects of classical music.
>>
>>52940271
You realise what you're describing here is extremely specific to sufjan?

I can make a similar arguement.

The samples on Stella are wonderful. For example, the water sample being chopped up and glitched almost sounding like Kashiwa is trying to communicate that "this is how the album is going to be" because water is supposed to flow with the current and this can be related to music in general and the music on this album as well.. This kind of sets the mood for the album. At least that's what i got out of it.
>>
>>52940437
the water references the fact that campanella drowns in night on the galactic railroad
>>
>>52940706
Good book?
>>
>>52940752
yeah
>>
>>52939630
The only reasonable post in the entire thread

Move along people
>>
File: the branches.jpg (146KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
the branches.jpg
146KB, 480x480px
>>52938880
Hey OP. If you liked that, you should listen to this
hip-hop ey
But gives me the same vibe :)

Enjoy

http://projectmooncircle.bandcamp.com/album/the-branches
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.