[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So lemme get this straight: >two autistic manbabies who dress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 4

File: download (10).jpg (14KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
14KB, 290x174px
So lemme get this straight:

>two autistic manbabies who dress up as robots
>take some shitty sample from a bad song that I could do with audacity
>literally used copy paste on their biggest song so far
>no textures, melodies, or anything interesting in any of their songs, except hooks that are beaten to death
>a bunch of grammys, praise as being the best electronic artists ever in both popular and indie circles, and tons of fame and success otherwise

Can someone explain this phenomenon?
>>
>>52936547
Random Access Memories only had one sample song, Contact, and it was the best on an already great album.

Also, many artists sample. Daft Punk gives credit.

Not saying they are that amazing, but step up your baiting game.
>>
i mean if it seems so easy lets hear what you can make mate.
>>
>take some shitty sample from a bad song that I could do with audacity
kek'd

>>52936615
RAM was boring album. retro style was decent tho

daft punk is pleb tier but i liked earlier releases. discovery was example of nice sampling
>>
>>52936615
>great album
[Citation needed]

>many artists sample
>well other people do it so that makes it not a shitty cheap lazy way of making music!

>maybe if I say some useless buzzwords like bait he'll go away

>>52936690
Nah, I really don't feel like it.
>>
AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD
>>
>>52936615

>not liking "Doing It Right" or "Giorgio by Moroder"
>>
>>52936615
There is good, creative sampling, which takes an element and then modifies it to resemble something completely different to the original, and then there is lazy sampling which is used to justify a lack of talent.

Good sampling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdOYn7xCLpM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAX3m6KXgu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFvS1APwfuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMT6-tVV7Gc

Bad sampling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSimbyS_YlA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamLxGxeDqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0mUqShTt0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnCWeaDQGuo

Guess where Daft Punk are.
>>
>>52936779
Can you please not pretend like you're shouting song lyrics by typing in all caps? It's annoying and spergy. Thanks.

>>52936772
This I can agree with. However, the variety of sampling DP does is mediocre.
>>
>>52936841
I don't know if you have noticed, but DP falls into the latter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVfZAZdIUs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZjqVnWBhc
>>
Their songs all go on way too long
Daft Punk are fucking terrible I don't get it their songs have no structure it's just loops
>>
It sounds good to my ears and I like their aesthetic and sound, so why not
>>
>>52936777
>complaining about buzzwords
>using the dank "[citation needed] on somebody's opinion" maymay

:^)
>>
>>52936547
Sure, you're an idiot who doesn't know a thing about production or theory. They do which is why they are highly praised.
>>
>>52937562
>you're an idiot who doesn't know a thing about production or theory
And you do?

Can you show us some of the music theory or production tricks they do which give them the praise they receive?
>>
>>52937562
>They do
[citation needed]
>>
>>52937817
not that guy but RAM was recorded with analog instruments.
>>
>>52937817
Listen to Digital Love. Notice how too song is about distance and longing for a certain love interest. Now notice how combine this with a round, none resolving chord progression. They manage to write a catchy and dance-able without the use of a tonic until the very end of the solo where they finally reach the tonic. Also for more theory see the solo of the song prior in the Discovery track listing.
>>
>>52937913
Deadmau5's music is made with analog instruments. Your point?
>>
>>52937962
>They manage to write
*sample

Or are you saying Daft Punk's genius lies in their ability to sample actual good music?
>>
>>52938027
They sample their own creations you moron. I suppose you think Human After All is all samples too. Damn, you're dense.
>>
You can't really examine Daft Punk's music too deeply, it's pretty basic stuff that captures
the atmosphere and music styles of early to mid 2000s nicely (I'm talking about Discovery of course)

Just some catchy samples that sounds good initially but doesn't translate well in repeat listens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNRbP7U0Iq8
>>
>>52938067
You're right, those bands are just former aliases of Daft Punk. Silly me.
>>52936905
>>
>>52937968
my point is they dont really need ableton or fl studios to make a record, im sure it helped having other artists working with them, actually idk what my point really is, neither of us can really talk because we cant really do better, and if you say you can you should post something up
>>
>>52938071
What do is record original stuff with themselves on instruments and vocoder and others on vocals and sample that to make cohesive dance grooves and that's how they make the early stuff.
>>
back in my day b8 meant something
>>
>>52938102
What do you even know about anything? Cite the notable samples in Digital Love please.
>>
>>52938129
I actually think they're just stupid.
>>
>>52936841
AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD AROUND THE WORLD
>>
>>52938143
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEibygqqLZc

Really love this Daft Punk alias from 1979.
>>
>>52938177
>>52938177
just bought this record a few days ago.

do you also not like hiphop anon?
>>
Alive 2007 will remain their best work forever

I still listen to the rest of their older catalogue from time to time

RAM is kind of fun a few times a year but not what I want to listen Daft Punk for
>>
>>52938177
Everybody and their mum knows that one. Daft Punk made it public. I thought you meant there was a sample that wasn't just some guys doing IV-iii-vi-V. Damn, you showed me. The rest of the song might as well not be there even though they created the circular chord progression by cutting it off. Go write something as good as Digital Love, dude. I believe in you.
>>
>>52938213
I like hip-hop when it's done well and when the sampling is actual sampling as opposed to taking a funk track from decades ago ago and cutting it up slightly, or even worse, doing nothing to it and just laying your vocals over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yvX9l2PfRg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBAtAM7vtgc
>>52936830
>>
I use to rock fucking HARD while listening to Robot Rock.

Id jump all over the fucking house.

I was younger then, but still a good song.
>>
>>52938177
>that beginning
feels like my head just caved in
>>
>>52938263
>Go sample a track as good as the track sampled in Digital Love, dude. I believe in you.
Thanks dude. Right as I gather enough cash to pay the copyrighters, I surely will anon. I absolutely will.
>>
>>52936547
>>two autistic manbabies who dress up as robots
What the fuck, are you fun police or something? Their appearance is the best thing about Daft Punk.
>>
>>52938317
"WHY WON'T YOU PLAY THE GAME" pre-section and neo-classical solo is a plagiarized sample, got it.
>>
>>52938269
you know that nigga sampled daft punk right
>>
>>52938366
The main hook that is present throughout the track is a completely new, original and fresh thing due to the addition of an average vocoder, thanks for educating me dude.
>>
>>52938397
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpZRNq33Obk
>yeah, these tracks sound done.
>>
>>52938172
kek
>>
>>52936547
lmao, you think they care about a virgin neckbeard's opinion?
>>
catchy music, strong image, memorable musicvideos and a major label to back it up and push it.
probably one of the better mainstream artists (still pretty shitty though)
>>
>>52938424
Damn it, I forgot about the phasing filter as well. Silly me!
>>
Are there any websites that give info on samples besides whosampled? It really lacks content
>>
>>52938432
You have to add that last part or else you'll get bad rep on this anonymous board.
>>
>>52938464
Yep, those neo-classical moovements and sick beats happen by themselves as well as the vocals and lyrics.
>>
>>52938379
lolol
>>
>all this daft pleb damage control
extended winter vacation or summer vacation already?
>>
>>52938468
don't blame him, he just wants to fit into the board.
>>
>>52938468

they are pretty popular on this board.
i added it becuase thats just my opinion.
>>
>>52936777
Do you know what buzzwords are?
>>
>>52938525
It's okay I'm here bb. You can like Daft Punk.
>>
>>52938510
Yep, adding house kicks to a filtered funk track makes you a songwriting genius. Amazing!
>>
>>52936547
>>52938510
*tips fedora*
>>
>>52938587
Funny, considering that Discovery is featured on the original fedoracore essentials list.
>>
>>52938464
>I've been messing around with fl studio for hours now!
>>
>>52938609
Good for you dude, why the greentext though?
>>
>Daft Punk defense force
I want /v/ to leave
>>
>>52938674
Why /v/?
>>
>>52936547
the same thing goes for countless other examples,m8. You can't take their credit though, if none copyright was disrepected, nor patent. Sampling is present in most of the creative processes nowadays, and you can't be serious showing you're against it by saying "shitty" and "I could do with audacity". Also
>two autistic manbabies
>a bunch of grammys, praise as being the best electronic artists ever
grammy is not to be taken seriously,ffs
all in all >>>r/lewronggeneration
>>
>>52938620
Haha nice job with the irony my anonymous friend, but actually I was using those MEME arrows as a way to make light of the anon posting his daft punk woes. You see he said "I forgot about the phasing filter as well" implying that daft punk make their music simply by sampling and applying one simple preset filter. I thought it was funny that he was trying to back up his dumb daft punk argument by trying to demonstrate his musical knowledge when in actuality he has no idea what he's talking about.

Also

Justice>DP
>>
>My name is Giovanni Giorgo
>But everybody calls me 'Giorgio'
>>
>>52937132

It's fuckin dance music you are thinking too hard
>>
>>52938722
one of the best moments of RAM
>>
>>52938684
>DAE that feeling when you're 12 and watched that anime video on Adult Swim and had your first fap to that blue chick? <3 Daft Punk
>>
Anyone have a torrent for the new french movie about Le Knight Club/DP?
>>
>>52938710
>You see he said "I forgot about the phasing filter as well" implying that daft punk make their music simply by sampling and applying one simple preset filter
Post-Discovery Daft Punk are pretty much that. Homework is the only good Daft Punk album, and their whole robots era sound and image are a rip-off of Stardust anyway (who themselves are actually good, Alan Braxe is a really underrated lad).
>>
daft punk a shit
>>
>>52938805
>>
>>52936830
did u just hate on mr scruff
>>
they basically invented electronic music

dumb ass kids
>>
>>52938792

>are a rip-off of Stardust anyway

you realise that one half of dp is in stardust?
>>
>all this implying that Discovery isn't meant to sound subliminally nostalgic
>>
>>52938792
>artist is a rip-off of himself
okay anon, it's okay, just carry on peacefully with whatever is going on in that mind of yours
>>
>>52938833
No shit, that's why I mention Braxe alone (though granted Bangalter solo is also underrated when compared to his role in DP).
>>
>>52938792
>a ripoff of stardust

Don't you think it's more plausible that, considering stardust was like a one time thing, the one dude said "hmmm that was pretty fun making that music I think I wanna try and do this permanently" and then made daft punk because he didn't want to use the same name without the same members? Why is everyone trying so hard to convince strangers that daft punk aren't good? They are good just fucking get over it and don't listen to them.
>>
Yes, breaking a trend for years of only using drum machines in production and bringing in legendary live drummers to record their album is copy-paste.
>>
>>52936830
>shitting on moondog
Definition of a pleb
>>
>>52938745
The first time I listend to it, I was off-put by the sudden spoken word part about it, but it grew on me.
>>
Digital Love is GOAT daft punk song. Fight me
>>
File: butt-hurt.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
butt-hurt.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>52936547

OP you mad? you seem like you need a hug.

its not a "phenomenon". not a phase or an instance. its called making popular music that lots of people enjoy. you may not, but obviously you are the exception and not the rule. sorry the world doesnt revolve around your tastes.

OP is a very salty musician that think's his "Muh complex textures" music belong's where they do. probably got snuffed giving his demo to an A&R and hasn't been the same since.

just keep trying, Anon, you may get there someday. its okay.
>>
>>52938967
Dude what? It's shitting on Mr. Scruff more than anything. Even then I'm not shitting on Mr. Scruff as much as just that single track in particular. Even Scruff himself called it a lazy rip-off of a Moondog song in one of the booklets accompanying the re-release of Keep It Unreal.

Unless you're retarded enough to think that the Mr. Scruff song is the original.
>>
>>52938904

using rip-off implies that one band or artist is stealing the sound of another artist/band.
its not really the right term when one guy is involved in both bands
>>
>>52939021
Something about us is better
>>
>>52938947
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ_p3sM7KvM
>>
>>52939057
Something About Us is an extremely close second. Like an asymptote, it approaches Digital Love, never to touch it.

On the other hand, Something About Us is actually reasonable to play on guitar and is more likely to get me laid.
>>
File: mrscruff.png (12KB, 459x210px) Image search: [Google]
mrscruff.png
12KB, 459x210px
>>52939028
Found it.

And fyi I like Mr. Scruff.
>>
>>52939083
How does the Daft Punk Internet Defense Force justify this one?
>>
>>52939083
This was definitely not sampled. It sounds similar, but that's honestly not even a problem, even in the incredibly unlikely situation that Daft Punk, after working in the studio with Nile Rodgers, Paul William, Giorgio Moroder, and Julian Casablancas, decided to use a random riff from a south asian guitar guy on youtube who probably had next to no views before their album dropped.
>>
>>52939231
Korean
>>52939180
This is a stupid allegation. Criticize Daft Punk all you want, they aren't the gods people make them out to be, but do it for the right reasons, not because one of the thousands of losers uploading jam sessions onto youtube happened to sound similar.
>>
>>52939028
>shitting on Mr. Scruff
that's even worse
>>
>>52939369
Reading comprehension much?
>>52939157
>>
>>52939301
>>52939231

dummies go to like 3 45
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.