[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post a genre you don't like or don't understand,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
ITT: Post a genre you don't like or don't understand, and others rec you music to get into said genre.
>>
>>52911739
i don't understand OP, is your genre 10/10 albums?
>>
Glitch, and I honestly wanna get into it.
>>
>>52911762
I don't understand your post.
>>
Black metal. I don't think it's bad or talentless, I just can't get into it
>>
nu-metal

>>52911557
>>
Post-Hardcore
>>
music for people who drink pabst blue ribbon and smother their beards with specially formulated oil
>>
>>52911739
screamo rap...seriously....why...
>>
>>52911906
>>52912054
both of these for me but I have no interest in getting into them.

however I do want to get into harsh noise but the last merzbow album I listened to literally gave me a headache, maybe I just need some "soft harsh nose" or "babby's first harsh noise" to get me into it.
>>
>>52912146
Yellow Swans and Tim Hecker are nice starting points for noise imo
>>
>>52911739
Rap music.
>got a hunit
>bad bitch
>the struggle

Gets tiring to hear those themes over and over again.
>>
Darkthrone, Bathory, and Mayhem-esque black metal.
I don't care too much for Burzum or keyboards or atmospheric.
>>
>>52911942
muford n son
>>
Shoegaze. I really just don't get the praise Loveless gets
>>
>>52912269
try madvillainy I guess
>>
>>52911873
Cobalt - Gin

>>52912269
CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange (also Orneirology)
Jedi Mind Tricks - Psycho-Social (pretty cheesy I think considering what they rap about, Violent By Design is also good)

I also like Sadistik. Might want to try Max Normal.TV - Good Morning South Africa, which is a project by the people in Die Antwoord before they did that. I think most of these might be considered "backpacker", but I don't really listen to much hip hop.
>>
>>52912387
personally Loveless was more akin to an ambient album than a rock one. You kind of drift into it rather than try and understand or comprehend it. It takes a few goes before you can get over the vacuum cleaner like effects but once you do its pure bliss

also try Cocteau Twins Treasure
>>
>>52912269
Also busdriver
>>
>>52912269
Cunninglynquists
Dilated Peoples - This Way
Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor
The Coup - Pick a Bigger Weapon
>>
>>52912285
>>52911873
Eh, probably ease yourself into it. I at first thought hat black metal was an unlistenable, overly experimental mess, then I listened to some more accessible melodic black metal and got used to it, and now the more harsh versions of it are among my favourite music.

Listen in order:
1. Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
2. Vreid - V
3. Taake - Nattesid
4. Deafheaven - Sunbather
5. Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi

Then explore the more conceptually difficult examples from there.
>>
Drum 'n Bass/Jungle
>>52912269
Eyedea & Abilties, Busdriver, Doseone, Guru's Jazzmatazz, Nujabes's Modal Soul.
>>52912146
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUxXdZYjnho - This album might help, wouldn't call it harsh though.
>>
>>52911739
Wonky/purple sound.
>>
>>52912523
>Deafheaven - Sunbather
>>
>>52912878
It's accessible, babby's first black metal, and it's pretty good for what it is. Massively overrated, but still completely solid.
>>
Sludge metal. Not so much that I dislike it or don't understand; I just have no clue where to start.
>>
Slowcore.
>>
Swans
>>
>>52911762
>itAotS
>10/10
In what fucking universe?
>>
>>52913216
that's some real creative shitposting you're doing there
>>
>>52913024
seconding

You should listen to Cult of Luna's album Somewhere Along the Highway, I think it's a pretty good kinda-sludge album

but I'd like to get into Sludge too
>>
>>52913216
In a lot of people's universes, regardless of your opinion you ignorant fuck
>>
>>52913216
It is the one constant in all universes
>>
>>52913495
>>52913510
hurrdurr wow that indierock shit is 10/10 apparently? JESSUSSS CHRIIIIST WOOO get off /mu/s dick and listen to something you really like
>>
>>52911906
You should listen to Senses Fail, Silverstein, Saosin, Dangerkids, Alexisonfire, and I The Mighty. They're easy to get into.

I would recommend bands such as Closure in Moscow, The Fall of Troy, Adventurer, Dance Gavin Dance, or Thrice once you've gotten into it more.

If you really like guitar work you should really listen to Dance Gavin Dance - Downtown Battle Mountain and The Fall of Troy - Doppelganger. Thomas Erak and Will Swan have a unique style.
>>
>>52913455
>You should listen to Cult of Luna's album Somewhere Along the Highway, I think it's a pretty good kinda-sludge album

thanks, anon, this is alright
>>
>>52913216
In the /mu/niverse pleb.
>>
>>52913979
internet fist bump initiated!
>>
>>52912285
>>52911873

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse ( if sensitive to the quality of prod, Anthems to the welkin at dusk or even prometheus : a discipline of fire and demise )
Ulver - Bergtatt

It also depends of what you like.
>>
>>52914026
You know it buddy! *fist bumps le screen. :)
>>
>>52912387

Slowdive - Souvlaki
>>
>>52912269
Run the Jewels
Kid Cudi
Kanye West
>>
>>52912269
Mick Jenkins- The Waters
It's a pretty chill album and it isn't full of too many cliches.
>>
>>52912054
>screamo rap

you mean shit like death grips? that's just experimental hip hop breh. rap in which the rapper screams at you isn't a genre.
>>
>>52914077
>Skip THC
Shits wack
>>
I cannot understand itaots.I tried to like it so hard. I don't get it. It's mediocre folk music. What's to like about it?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.