[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

authentic music festivals: a myth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: pleasureissuffering.jpg (175KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pleasureissuffering.jpg
175KB, 640x640px
is there a worst festival then coachella to go?
>>
huh?
>>
corporate vibes and snapbacks ruined festivals
>>
stereosonic
>>
>>52816913
forgetting the facetious wording of my post, i'm asking a serious question here: is there an authentic music festival? that is to say, one that isn't entirely corporate dominated.

I read this earlier today and it disgusted me.

http://www.stereogum.com/1728717/coachella-clothing-line-coming-to-hm/news/
>>
File: 1420688392514.png (326KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1420688392514.png
326KB, 650x488px
>>52816540

boogie at the hypermall
>>
>>52816952
millenials ruined festivals
>>
Has anyone here ever been to a Gathering of the Juggalos? It's held only a couple hours away from my house, figured I might go for shits and gigs, maybe score some cheap drugs
>>
>>52816540
P4K fest
>>
File: ultrafrestannounce_thumb.jpg (98KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
ultrafrestannounce_thumb.jpg
98KB, 648x648px
>>
>>52816540
All music festivals are shit, have always been shit. Thankfully we live in the time where we don't have to interact with faggets to browse dank music
>>
>>52817091
hope u like meth
>>
>>52817073
based
>>52817093
hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>52817091
i hear you can fondle the women there without asking because you are part of their 'family'

nice i would go
>>
>>52817149
Id imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get weed or acid right? It's not like they only do meth or something.
>>
>>52817178
they wouldn't be such uncultured fucking morons if they had access to acid
they seem like they mostly drink and do meth, honestly i think it might be one of the causes of their shit music taste
>>
File: 1420951823420.gif (484KB, 360x288px) Image search: [Google]
1420951823420.gif
484KB, 360x288px
ive gone to some psytrance/psybient/psy-whatever festivals in the forest that didn't have too many fags or any corporate vibes at all
>>
Fun Fun Fun is Austin is the only festival I've been to but it was amazing.

Was rolling on mandy and peaked during Nas. #swag #PopTheMollyI'mSweatin #YanksDoMandyInCapsules
>>
>>52817391
bullshit u probably just watched that vice documentary lol go outside
>>
Smaller music festivals like Boston Calling or Governor's Ball are a lot nicer and filled with less degenerates.
>>
Burgerama
>>
>>52817077
Don't be an idiot
>>
Went to Peachfest in Scranton PA this past august. That was incredible. would do again/10
>>
File: Wolfbear-lg.jpg (98KB, 600x436px)
Wolfbear-lg.jpg
98KB, 600x436px
>>52817391

Not funny, not one BITE.
>>
>>52817441
I don't watch vice, sorry you've never been to a good festival
>>
Summercamp.
>>
>>52817093
p4k is GOAT.

Coachella is bad because it's so big. Lolla is the Chicago equivalent, and it's smaller and horrible.
>>
im going to Austin psych fest in may
>>
What does /mu/ think of Bonnaroo?
>>
How is Bonnaroo? I've been think of travelling from new england to the festival in 2016 but I don't know if it's worth buying the presale without knowing the lineup.
>>
>>52816540
>is there a worst festival then coachella to go?
literally every festival ever held in australia
>>
Reggae on the River
>>
how bout Wakarusa
>>
>>52818311
it started off *DECENT* and then immediately dive bombed into pure shitsucking deathspirals
>>
>>52816952
>implying there was anything positive about being a dirty unwashed hippy in a crowd of shitstains just like you to be ruined
>>
>>52817024
Meredith Music Festival in Australia is entirely Independently owned and run. They have some pretty sweet bands that play there too.
>>
>>52817520
no.
>>
I went to electric forest and didn't really enjoy it...
>>
Went to Pitchfork and Summercamp this past summer. I'll be going back to pitchfork. Summercamp had too many filthy hippies and I'm not into jam bands that much. Pitchfork was smaller and had music I liked more.
>>
>>52817403
And the tickets aren't fucking ridiculously expensive! It's a smaller fest I can go to and not blow like a thousand bucks like I would ay sxsw or acl. I went this past year and I liked it
>>
>>52817024
Roskilde
http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/backstage/non-profit
>>
>>52816540
what is going on in this pic
>>
>>52820815

degeneracy
>>
I went to coachella in 2012 and while it was cool to see some of the performances, it really wasn't worth the shitty environment and tons of dumbass kids.
>>
anyone been to Austin psych fest? thinking of going this year
>>
NZ fag here, only been to 2 festivals

Laneway: Chill, everyone's having a good time, people seemed to be there for the artists

Rhythm & Vines: Bunch of bogans, fights, riots, everyone drunk or fried on some sort of drug
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.