[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you ready for more glorious piano music /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: ab33c17b.png (71KB, 469x465px) Image search: [Google]
ab33c17b.png
71KB, 469x465px
Are you ready for more glorious piano music /mu/?
>>
when the EP drops I'm going to take my dick out of my pants and masturbate to pictures of my own mother.
>>
I'm a bit dissapointed about the number of tracks that are piano tracks. I thought Richard had a midi pipe organ too. (FYI: the DISK tracks are done on his piano)
>>
I still have yet to listen to the 30 unreleased tracks... could someone be a bro?
>>
>>52739483
They aren't that great. The best track is just a remix of Rhubarb.
>>
>>52739500
Which era of AFX do the unreleased tracks resemble? Ambient or breakbeat?
>>
>>52739416
Pls share
>>
>>52739531
it's Stockhausen-esque wankery
>>
>>52739531
I found them, a lot of them are short demos of synth patches he used on Syro. There is also a demo of Circlon of syro.

http://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/2rdqf3/what_happened_to_all_the_aphex_twin_soundcloud/
>>
>>52739483
I uploaded and posted these earlier today.

Tracks from his Soundcloud that have since been taken down, in case you missed them. Modular synthesis experiments, alleged tracks made by his son, and rehearsals for performances at the Barbican (including the grand piano swung from the ceiling) + more. This is ALL of them.

Discogs has these listed in their respective playlists that they were uploaded under, I haven't got around to that yet. Although several releases haven't been added yet, so there will be multiple stragglers should you attempt to organise this.

>Aphex Twin [AFX] - SYROBONKERS! Interview Trax (2014)
Part. 1: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/28178442/file.html
Part. 2: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/91968556/file.html
>>
You bet your ass OP

bring to me the bleepy bloops
>>
>>52739483
>>52739598
...And the Soundcloud tracks properly organised into their original uploaded playlists as releases, including their cover art and definitive tracklistings. For the autists.

This is NOT the full compilation of "Interview Trax", but instead collected into their envisioned self-releases by Richy J as uploaded on Soundcloud. Now gone forever, but preserved here.

Includes:
"2 Tran 1"
"FX Matrix"
"Modular Trax"
"Partial Gen"
"Polish + Barbiban Gigs/Rehearsals"
"Sys700"

>Aphex Twin - Short-lived Soundcloud Release Compilation (2014)
http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/57597468/file.html
>>
>are you ready for rejected tracks made during the 90's and outdated as fuck?

sure
>>
>>52739630
>>52739598
only good track from the whole batch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j2ykeF-n8g
>>
>>52739649
>music has to be up to date in order to be good
enjoy your skrillex m8
>>
>>52739649
These are piano tracks, piano is already a played out instrument. If anything the prepared pieces will be some innovative shit.
>>
>>52739679

yeah some irrelevant fart in need of money releasing unfinished 50 second tracks, that's what I call quality

>>52739690

>If anything the prepared pieces will be some innovative shit.
>innovative

le_syro_face
>>
is this real?
http://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/2rwcw9/hello/
>>
>>52739397
Yes I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>52739397
that looks dead nice
>>
>>52739630
>for the autists

I downloaded this a while ago, it is NOT organized very well. No track numbers, no 1:1 cover art, the genre tags are "Afx", and the song titles aren't even capitalized properly.
>>
>>52739881
>No track numbers
I'll own up to that. The filenames themselves are numbered though, so any media player will organise them thusly and therefore correctly.

>no 1:1 cover art
None of the artwork was 1:1 in the first place.

>the genre tags are "Afx"
Honestly didn't notice that. That would have been how they were originally, though. Do people actually use genre tags?

>and the song titles aren't even capitalised properly
This is a non-issue. They're named as they were, and that's RDJ's "creative vision". Don't tell me you edited Syro's titles, too.
>>
>>52739450
yeah, what the fuck
who gives a fuck about a bunch of piano songs? they sound the same being controlled by a computer as they would being played by a person, unless he's gonna have some super fast shit going on.
>>
>>52740280
yeah but, feels
>>
>>52740280
>unless he's gonna have some super fast shit going on.
Wouldn't put it past him. He's also got a bunch of drum-playing MIDI robots so we can probably expect something along the lines of acoustic snare rushes.
>>
>>52739610
More like plinky plonks
>>
>>52739739
The sub-one minute tracks amount to two minutes of a 30 minute EP.
>>
I want it to leak so bad but I know it won't because it's warp
>>
>>52740752
name ONE instance where warp was actually able to keep true to their release date. warp always gets leaked
>>
So this is part 2?
What was part 1 then?
>>
>>52740828
No one knows.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cNdH-EZYUM
Reminder that 6:30 will probably be on it.
>>
>>52740828
some obscure shit that came out in the early 90's probably
>>
>>52740828
Part 1 will probably be released later with a deluxe sleeve that houses both EPs.

I hope.
>>
>releasing pt. 2 before pt. 1

why does RDJ have to be such a ironic self-gratifying troll? it's really getting old.
>>
>>52740891
Fuck, why do live youtube videos always cut off mid-song?
>>
>>52741025
Obviously he's already released part 1 anonymously.
>>
>>52741025
Why are you getting so worked up about it? It's probably just his way of hinting that there's more of this stuff to come at a later date.
>>
>>52741025
to piss you off. you see how you're getting upset?

that's why. that right there.

he's slurping it in like ambrosia, dear god, it tastes so bitter but so fine, keep it coming
>>
>>52741025
do you have a problem with old people trolling you?
>>
File: aphex kek.jpg (30KB, 685x365px) Image search: [Google]
aphex kek.jpg
30KB, 685x365px
>>52741025
>
>>
>>52741159

no. they can be bitches hiding behind obscurity all they want, but RDJ's charm has always been his enigmatic persona and quite frankly he's losing touch with his humor. his troll shit has become a mainstream act performed by 7 year olds on Gaia forums and it's making me lose respect for him and allowing me to not take his music seriously. is this what he wants? possibly, but it's not helping his image.
>>
>>52741341
you're way too mad about this
>>
>>52741341
Who gives a shit? RDJ never cared about image anyway. Just take the music for what it is.
>>
>>52739416
same
>>
>>52741341
grow up and take a joke
>>
>>52741492
it sounds like I'm mad, but I'm not. I'm just an oldfag who wishes to listen to AFX's music and feel like how I did when I first heard SAW and Windowlicker.
>>
>>52741603

for older listeners it is obvious RDJ still has the same mentality he had when he was young. It is cringey and I agree with it

However you have to remember the majority of /mu/ users are teenagers who don't know the context behind the music.
>>
>>52739397
complete shit
>>
>>52741675

yahya pls go
>>
>>52741603

Times have changed my friend, sadly, yet the goodness will always keep coming, SAW-ERA was the first of it's kind and completely mindblowing to everyone, Now's time for something new.
>>
File: ehghh.jpg (1KB, 77x62px) Image search: [Google]
ehghh.jpg
1KB, 77x62px
>>527416>>52741723
Implying anyone has ever bought that guy a pair of slippers yet
>>
File: 5353 (2).png (3KB, 34x35px) Image search: [Google]
5353 (2).png
3KB, 34x35px
>>52741761

shill though
>>
File: wassi.png (164KB, 435x598px) Image search: [Google]
wassi.png
164KB, 435x598px
>>52741801
>>
>>52741025
who cares nigga makes sweet fucking music. like this track i just recently happened upon blows my mind, he even uses a girl's name as a pseudonym, can you believe it? i bet he doesn't know a word of german either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdWWXv4Nb9E
>>
>>52741967
thank you wassi.
>>
>>52741967
PURE FUCKING GOLD.

Story:

I'm replying to my best friend, who doesn't really know a lot about Aphex, the person in the picture is my brother, he entered the room and him and my best friend, the person who posted it, started making fun Aphex going on sage during his orchestra in slippers, and such my life began.

thank you wassi.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.