[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd really like to start producing J-Pop esque music, b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1420039836367.jpg (179KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1420039836367.jpg
179KB, 1440x810px
I'd really like to start producing J-Pop esque music, but I have no one to sing my songs unfortunately.

https://clyp.it/wshupusg
>>
>>52581860
at first i was going to shitpost and say something like "fuck off with your weeb shit" but i actually kinda like this.
>>
>>52582582
Thanks. That mentality is why I'd really like to have an actual vocalist, because a lot of people hear vocaloid and just instantly disregard the song and don't even give it a chance.
>>
fuck off with your weeb shit
>>
gay
>>
>>52582867
>>52582992
Thanks guys.
>>
>>52581860
Wait, you did make this? It's pretty good. I would have told you to use Vocaloid but I see you already are so I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>52583216
Yea, I made it. I enjoy vocaloid, I just feel the song could be improved with an actual feminine voice.
>>
Pretty cute anon, I'd like to hear this produced a little better.
>>
>>52584410
That's what I'd like to do!
>>
>>52581860
Anon i'm listening to an album right now, but when it's finished i'll check out your tune.

Question though: How the fuck do you use vocaloid? I've produced instrumental jpop for fun in the past and I wanna put vox over top just to see what it sounds like
>>
>>52585046
The editor is basically a piano roll, and you lay out your melody by placing MIDI notes. You then input your lyrics to each individual note, or break them over several, for multiple syllable words. A lot of people find it easier to make their MIDI in their preferred DAW and then import it into the vocaloid editor. Just do what you find comfortable.

There's also a lot of settings you can tweak to get the voice to sound how you want it, your "tuning".
>>
>>52585230
Thanks anon, i forgot to mention that my version is fucked in the sense that it doesn't say what i type, it just holds the default "aaah"

Mind you its been three months since i last attempted to use it

Nice tune btw
>>
sounds awesome, but I bet it would translate really well into a Japanese version? You should try! And then post results here again :3
>>
>>52585606
Hmm, did you pirate it?

And thank you! I'd really appreciate it if you shared it. If you know anybody with a good voice I'd love to work with them. My name is misakoisaqt.

>>52585702
It probably would, but unfortunately I don't know nearly enough Japanese to translate the lyrics convincingly. If you do or know anyone who does I wouldn't mind taking a shot at it.
>>
>>52585809
I'll happily share this when i can. do you have an email or something i should link to?
>>
File: 1414917927848.jpg (17KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
1414917927848.jpg
17KB, 300x265px
>>52585809
>Hmm, did you pirate it?
yo
>>
>>52585880
Yea I'd probably re-download it again, something fucked up somewhere. I wish you the best of luck in your musical endeavors anon!

>>52585859
Yea, [email protected]

I also have a soundcloud under the same name.
>>
>>52581860
Pretty good, honestly. I'm not a huge fan of vocaloid, so I hope you get a real vocalist soon, if you do it will sound really great.
>>
>>52586024
A lot of people aren't, that's why I hope to find one soon. And thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1371449136479.png (274KB, 580x477px) Image search: [Google]
1371449136479.png
274KB, 580x477px
>>52585930
thanks anon!

likewise
>>
I bet your father is proud you're making gay pedophile music.
>>
>>52586454
>implying he didn't have two fathers
>>
it kinda me of something a band called my little lover would have done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56n-Jb02d5E
>>
>>52586454
If your father likes your taste in music you're probably a pleb anyway.
>>
>>52586620
Damn, this is good. Thank you for showing me.

Happy I could write a song like that.
>>
>>52585606
You have to use an English Vocaloid if you want to have it say things in English. Personally I've been using Megpoid English, but I'm sure you can find some other things if you don't like that voice.
>>
I take it you're looking for a female vocalist?

Also, I liked the track though I thought part of the second verse dragged on a little - could have used a little more variation? Also, the vocaloid kind of steamrolls everything else, like, the way her voice kinda sustains without really breaking makes it sound more like a synth run through a talk box, that and well, it's pretty loud compared to the accompanying instruments.

Also, I'd maybe bring the drums forward a little more and maybe the guitar as well but not to the same degree as the drum track.

Those are just, like, my thoughts though and not necessarily correct but you know. I like the idea anyway, producing J-pop seems fun and it sounded like a pretty solid pop song otherwise.
>>
>>52586454
I don't think the parents of any artist worth mentioning are actually proud of them.
>>
>>52587011
>I take it you're looking for a female vocalist?
Yes, someone who could replicate the cute aesthetic of the song.

Thank you very much, and don't worry, I appreciate all criticism and advice. Oddly the second part of the second verse might be my favorite part of the song. I really love the lyrics there and how the strings all converge and rise up in tension while she sings about having her heart broken.

And I know, mixing and mastering are far from my strong points. I just try to make it sound as good as I can and have it act as a demo for now. I'll go back and try out your suggestions and see how it sounds.
>>
>>52587385
Do you have an instrumental track?
>>
piss piss
>>
>>52587548
https://clyp.it/1sykiblm.mp3
Lyrics: http://pastebin.com/iHqvNC61

If you record a take just email me the vocal stem so I can mix it in properly.
>>
hey op do you like beat happening
>>
>>52588107
I've heard of them, never listened to them before. But their description on wikipedia seems very interesting.
>>
>>52588083
Sorry, that was a fuck up on my behalf, meant to reference the OP rather than the that post. Sorry, I just wanted to hear the track without the vocaloid.

Ignore my previous post, honestly, having listened to the instrumental track, I'd suggest dampening the sound of the piano a little, again, it's a little louder than the other instruments. Personally, I'd mix it so the drums are the second loudest thing after the piano along with the string section. The guitar and organ are fine though, I'd personally leave those at the same volume they are now. Bring the bass forward a little as well, perhaps?

Obviously, there is a fine line or it just becomes a distorted mess but if you keep playing around, you'll get the hang of it.

Also, I'd get rid of the organ. Like what it adds to the chorus but it sounds kinda corny, kinda dampens the emotional pull of the song a little, if you were perhaps replace it with something else, though I can't think what off the top of my head. First thing that comes to mind is perhaps a bass but, I don't know.

Also, I got the impression that the bass and the strings are playing the same melody as the piano but perhaps it would be better to make it a variation on the same melody, at least for the string section. Also, rather than having the strings play whole notes, make it so that they're playing this continuous melody. It would give the track perhaps a little more of a baroque pop feel to it and personally, I think it would make it a little more interesting.

Sorry, I don't know a lot of music theory, so it's hard to put my thoughts into words, so I hope that makes sense.
>>
>>52589033
No problem, it's there if anyone want to give it a shot now.

When you mean organ are you referring to the part around 0:50-1:01?

>Also, I got the impression that the bass and the strings are playing the same melody as the piano
You'd be right, they're playing the root notes. I know I should try for more variation but I'm not very skilled at playing around a scale at the moment, so I'm hesitant to try anything that counterpoints the melody because I'm afraid of it just sounding bad. The string idea sounds cool, I'll give that a try.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.