[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/no-comm ent-meredith-graves DEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 15

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/no-comment-meredith-graves

DEEV, marcel, everyone else get in here.
>>
she forgot to mention the fact that she comes on here to viral
>>
>>52555651
>If given the choice, who would you rather be known as: a person respected for maintaining a certain level of honesty and integrity, or a person who gets made fun of for their tendency to embarrass themselves on the internet?
>You really can’t be both

what if you're being made fun of by ignorant retards who think you're wrong when you're really right? Dumb point right off the bat, meredith
>>
Why does she say no comment if she comments on it?
>>
>>52555651
Will you be submitting /mu/? http://marcelsmusicjournal.tumblr.com/post/106883115028/marcels-music-journal-readers-poll-2014
>>
Vice is literally the epitome of post-modern trash. They pander exclusively to the lowest degenerate dredges of Western culture, populated exclusively by people who never mentally matured beyond 16.
>>
File: helen-725399-580x415.jpg (56KB, 568x360px) Image search: [Google]
helen-725399-580x415.jpg
56KB, 568x360px
>>52555651
The culture surrounding internet commenting has created a new kind of cruelty powerful enough to shift previously-established scientific understanding on the nature of human kindness. Scientists have been warning us about the dangers of anonymity for years via accounts like the infamous Milgram Experiment.
>>
>>52555651
lol that fucking sell-out piece of shit

her and her band pretend to champion "DIY" ethics and communities yet she's writing for the fucking publication that singlehandedly destroyed the DIY scene that birthed her band/served as fodder for their PR campaign.

Perhaps, Meredith, you should be less concerned about why musicians act like terrible people online, and more about why some are simply such terrible, unbearable, two-faced pieces of shit in ALL facets of life.
>>
>>52555651
did she mention Marcel?
>>
>>52555651
Is she trying to indirectly compare Devin calling Zomby a nigger to Elliot Rodgers writing manifestos about killing people?
>>
Marcel here. I stand by my actions, and Devin deserved everything he got. Also, stop fucking posting pictures of my Mom on here or things are going to get real serious real quick.
>>
>>52555779
I have half a mind to call Ralph Nader on you.
>>
I actually agree with her. Fuck dev lel
>>
>tfw I've gotten so close to @ replying to Marcel on Twitter telling him what an utter piece of shit he's been
>I stuck up for the little twat when /mu/ used to bully him
>I don't say shit to him because I don't want to look like a fucking spastic to people I actually know who follow me

It's ok though, I know he's reading this. Still, doesn't really pack the same punch when there's no name attached to it.
>>
>>52555776
yes
>>
>>52555651
I think Marcel's a pretty nice guy if you guys don't bully him for once.
>>
>>52555939
>cyber bullying

Someone post that Tyler the Creator tweet about cyber bullying
>>
>/mu/ bullies kid
>Dev joins in on the action
>Kid retaliates against the bullying by tattling on Dev
>/mu/ is mad at him for being a dick

What
>>
>meredith graves

pennjiletteopeningthetopofarefuserecepticle.jpg
>>
>>52555956
I bully him IRL

I knock on his window when his back is turned and shoulder roll into the bushes
>>
>>52555956
Someone post it below the article.
>>
>>52555939
I used to think the same thing. Then he started pulling this fucking horseshit. He's a sociopathic little cunt and a legitimately awful person.
>>
>>52555988
see>>52555963
>>
>>52555956
can this please become a meme and replace the actual screenshot?
>>
>>52555995
Dev didn't "join in", he just told the kid to fuck off for shamelessly promoting his blog in the third person and asking for an interview. Little shitwad decided that ruining his career (or trying and failing to, rather) would be an appropriate and proportional response to this.

I used to defend him, but he's actually an awful person for this.
>>
I wish Graves would drink some bleach
>>
>>52556030
>Is a jerk to a kid who is an inspiring music blogger and wants to interview him
>not being a bully

What
>>
> However, many people—especially people in the arts—love receiving attention and feeling special.

isnt that what she's been doing this whole time?
>>
>>52556057
your marcel is showing, marcel
>>
>>52556060
The entire article is extremely hypocritical
>>
>>52556070
>le epic anyone who defends marcel must be marcel meme
oh you got me! dang!
>>
>>52556030
yeah sexism in muisc is literally just a blog trying to destroy dev. i was just there and all the articles are about him. nothing on ariel pink or sun kill moon guy.
>>
haha it's funny how somebody so passionate about diy culture and who's so "for the music" is writing for vice.

what a hypocrite.
>>
>>52556090
no, but your retarded grammatical errors are similar to those frequently made by autismus himself
>>
>>52556092
Mark Kozelek
>>
>>52556097
see: >>52555746

she was fucking eulogizing the closing of all the BK spaces like no other and she's writing for the publication that literally fucking shut them down
>>
>>52555746
Damn.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 480x314px)
image.jpg
57KB, 480x314px
>>52555956
>>
>>52555651
Damn it meredith

Devin didn't claim his comments didn't matter because they were on the internet, he said they weren't racist because they were jokes made on a specific niche website where making racist jokes is the common thing to do

Elliott Rodger didn't post his manifestos on a site predominantly known for satire/mocking of manifestos. If that's what youtube was, he probably wouldn't have posted his videos there because he wouldn't want his videos mistaken for satire.
>>
>>52555963

More like:

>kid shamelessly viral markets himself on /mu/
>/mu/ is /mu/
>kid throws a tantrum because Dev doesn't give him special treatment that he thinks he's entitled to
>Kid attempts to sabotage Dev for because Dev didn't suck kid's tiny dick
>/mu/ recognizes that kid is a cunt and exposes him as the lying, two-faced, backstabbing, plagiarizing turd he is
>>
>>52556144
The comments are linked to fb and I don't want to look like a spastic, but if someone is willing to do so they're more than welcome to copy/paste that into the comments of the article
>>
I can see Meredith getting really fat in the future, when her 15 minutes is up
>>
>>52556090
>>le epic anyone who defends marcel must be marcel meme

There is literally no reason to defend Marcel unless you are Marcel.
>>
Thread's been over guys: >>52555716
>>
>>52556199
pretty sure she was fat once already, she has mentioned issues with her body before
>>
>>52556181
Warning: This is a bad idea.
I criticized DiS for choosing Meredith as their person of the year, she has a large group of SJW Slacktivists that will defend her no matter what.
>>
>>52556218
Oh nice!
I could see in like 20 years a reunion for PP and her just on stage fat as shit
>>
>>52556246
i wouldnt really wish it on her again, if it happens whatever
>>
>>52555651

So who is she talking about exactly?
Dev obviously, for pointing out that she is a terrible person.
Probably that metal singer who got fired from that band nobody ever heard of for saying 'faggot' on fb.
But who else?
Is 2 people really "So many"?
She literally has nothing interesting to offer or discuss, why do people let her write these stupid things?
>>
>>52556314
>BNM
>>
>>52556331
Best New Minge?
>>
good job /mu/ :)
>>
>>52555651
Meredith's fav record of 2014 was RTJ2. Apparently she doesn't find 'misogynist' language problematic when it's in the context of hip hop. I literally don't care about anything she could possibly have to say.
>>
>>52555779
anyone have this pic?
>>
>>52556908
>Apparently she doesn't find 'misogynist' language problematic when it's in the context of hip hop

No, she doesn't find 'misogynist' language problematic when it comes from black people. A white hop-hop artist she would totally whinge about.
This is because she either thinks black people are better, or because she thinks whites need to be held to a higher standard, like they should 'know better'.
Either way she's a racist.
>>
>>52556030
can someone tell me what the fuck happened?
>>
>>52557117

Marcel posted a link to his music blog in a Dev thread and asked Dev if he would do an interview with Marcel.
Dev jokingly said, "I have no idea who this is, but literally fuck this fool"
Marcel threw a tantrum and screncapped Dev's posts and sent them to the PC Police.
>>
>>52557085

you hit the nail on the head, but at the same time I disagree. THE REAL REASON IDIOTS LIKE HER WON'T ADDRESS THE "MISOGYNY" IN RAP (I don't think rap is misogynistic) IS BECAUSE WHITE COWARDS ARE SCARED OF BLACKS. AND AS THEY SHOULD BE.
ONLY WAY A WHITE COWARD WILL LEARN IS THROUGH INTIMIDATION.
>>
>Why do so many musicians act like terrible people online?
She said without a hint of irony while acting like a terrible person online...
>>
>>52557246
oh wow. people will get mad about anything these days. or more accurately, people will make issues out of non-issues to fuel clickbait like VICE
>>
Can Marcel send this thread to Meredith please?
I want to see her bitch out.
>>
>>52557085
It's the same reason why Peta throws buckets of fake blood on rich women coming out of high end department stores instead of Hells' Angels coming out of the local biker bar.
>>
>>52557296
calm down
>>
>>52555651
I hope John Darnielle is not going to retweet this shit or I'm losing all respect for him.
>>
>>52557085
>A white hop-hop artist she would totally whinge about.
She said she laughed to tears at the "you can all run naked backwards through a field of dicks" line.
That line is said by El-P and El-P is white... Do you even know what you're talking about?
>>
>>52555779
Lol people jacked off to photos of her breastfeeding you.

How fucked is that.
>>
>>52557579
she probably doesn't even realize he's white. I know I didn't know who El-P was or that he was white.
>>
>>52555651
Is there anything that's gone downhill as much and as rapidly as Vice?
>>
File: mfw gif.gif (274KB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
mfw gif.gif
274KB, 400x232px
>Meredith Graves
>>
>>52557617
your life in general
>>
>>52557624
my life has been at a very low level for a steady a time thank you
>>
>>52557614
She said the album was her favourite of the year, it sounds like you didn't even listen to it. Stop projecting because you're desperate to call her racist.
>>
>>52557819
Because Killer Mike didn't say aaaaaanything that could be considered 'problematic' or 'misogynist' on RTJ2... Right bro.
>>
>>52557819
>>52557931

So "suck my cock" is problematic language and misogynistic, but THIS is totally ok and her favorite music of the year? ::

Reminiscinin
On our time of innocence
When we drank that Hennessy
Ate on lamb and venison
Face fucked you in your kitchenette
Fucked you like we tusslin'
Do you fuck your husbaland
Like, do y'all be tusslin'?
Do you wear the muzzlin'
Do you ask him pretty please
Do you crawl on hands and knees
Like you used to do for me
Oh, you such a dirty girl

>implying there's no dissonance here
>>
>>52555651
>not mentioning ZOMBY who is a total cunt on twiter
>>
>>52558031
exaaaaaaaaactly
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 258x196px
>paying attention to meredith graves
>ever
>>
>>52558031
Talking about consensual sex is the same as asking someone to suck your cock?
>>
>>52558031
Because he's a POC when he face fucks a member of the oppressing class he's just making amends for hundreds of years of slavery and oppression.

It's not misogynistic because white women have oppressed black men.
>>
>>52557085
>those sweet moments when white liberal tumblr girls come face to face with blunt sexism from black people and seem at a loss
>>
>>52558200
requesting someone run backwards through a field of dicks isn't the same as asking someone to suck your cock?
>>
>>52558200
I smoke the kush
I beat the puss

implied sexual violence.

you're going to lose this, you know that, right?
>>
just stop giving her attention, guys
>>
>>52555677
Why do people think so many artists viral on /mu/? It's not like this is a huge epicentre of music. Look at the poster counts on most threads, they barely break 50, reaching about 100 on the busiest threads.
>>
>>52555651
Meredith Graves?

More like Merrydick Gays!

L m a o
>>
I really don't like Meredith Graves. She really just seems to feel a need to be really, really self righteous. Even if you agree with her ideals (I don't) she just handles everything in such a pompous way. She needs to stop writing these godawful op-eds. Ugh
>>
>>52555779
underageb&
>>
>>52559999
Checkin
>>
>>52555779
Bad Marcel!
>>
>>52556057
i think u mean "aspiring" not "inspiring"
>>
>>52560078
I dunno I find him pretty inspiring
>>
>>52556314
unfortunately the average gawker/tumblr user is currently the tastemaker
>>
Why do you guys care about any of this

This is just celeb gossip
>>
>>52556314
Who got fired from a band for saying "faggot" on fb?
>>
How was there no mention of the melon king AKA zomby.

His entire career is because of his persona on twitter.
>>
Dev, if you read this:

This is just the usual reminder, that I will fuck you up, if you come to Berlin.
>>
I don't get why Meredith Graves is put on a pedestal for her beliefs
they are utterly generic and shallow, even by tumblr standards she sounds like a 15 year old girl
>>
can someone post the pic of marcel's mom
>>
legend
>>
>>52560259
>Someone was kind enough to do MY 50 Favorite Albums of All Time list

is this kid that delusional
>>
>>52560279
>>
>>52560259
>>52560279

the thing is: if the inddustry wants Marcel, because he is a skinny marginal group motherfucker, then they will make him into something.

i mean look at lorde (fights for women with beards) and that fat girl singing about bass and treeble.

it won't be about music - it's about marginal group stuff.

marcel will be a hero for wimps
>>
>>52560313
I don't think so, /mu/ seems to hate him
>>
>>52560319
well, i hate so say this, but /mu/ isn't the music world's guide, you know. it doesn't bother what /mu/ wants and who /mu/ hates.

in reality, no one cares about /mu/ anymore. sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
>>52555651
When did Vice become such a SJW mouthpiece?

Their readership is young males that want to read articles about bizarre drugs and look at nudie photos by the likes of Richard Kern and Terry Richardson. They don't want this radfem drivel.
>>
>>52560395
you're only 50/50 % right. i used to collect vice magazine, but stopped 2-3 years ago. i live in berlin, germany, and here are more "hipster girls" who read vice than young males etc.

it usually were young males looking for bizarre stuff, but times changed

plus vice is hopping the social justice bandwaggon and i fucking hate them for what they are today
>>
>>52556125
What's a BK space and how did Vice shut them down?
>>
File: 1406584131776.jpg (218KB, 520x638px) Image search: [Google]
1406584131776.jpg
218KB, 520x638px
>>52555746

Fuck'n rekt

What we are seeing is the rise off the authoritarian left online. These SJW stormtroopers are hell bent on censoring and shutting down all freedom of expression and debate on the internet (and elsewhere).

All they are actually doing is repelling everyone to the extreme right. Look at youtube etc and you'll see how much the comments have swung to the right since all the SJW bullshit over the past couple of years.
>>
>>52555779

Underaged !!!!!!! I'm calling the internet police !!!!!
>>
>>52560395
Well FOX does own it so maybe it's just a parody?
>>
File: 1410537922776.jpg (33KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1410537922776.jpg
33KB, 396x388px
>>52560791
the future is so uncertain I love it
>>
>>52560791
Isn't it Goddamned tragic too?
The left's mouthpiece is censorship crazed leftists, and the right's is the psychopathy known as right-libertarianism.
It left most rational people sitting in the dust wondering what the hell happened.
>>
>>52560974
>and the right's is the psychopathy known as right-libertarianism
not really
it's ethnic nationalism and anti-immigrant sentiment that's on the rise, not liberalism
>>
>>52561006
Fascism is certainly rising too, which is also troubling,
but popular sentiment (In America at least) has definitely shifted towards sheer corporatism.
I forget and get too centered on America, Europe's problems are obviously going to be different.
>>
>>52561051
troubling for you maybe
>>
File: 1337485986222.jpg (99KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1337485986222.jpg
99KB, 1920x1080px
/mu/ for the love of Christ, stop it.

You're better than this. I'm from /v/ and I watched as my board took Anita's b8 time and time again, and it's subsequent slow decent into utter madness there after.

I see this exact situation being mirrored in threads about Meredith, which i can only say, will be your down fall if pursued seriously.

stop taking Meredith Graves' bait

just fucking let it be, there's nothing that can be done except to destroy ourselves.
>>
>yfw vice got big because they were edgy
>yfw they're now promoting this neo-sincerity bullshit

so lame lol
>>
>>52560395
cultural climate has changed, being shocking and edgy is no longer the dominant cultural paradigm
>>
>>52557375
Good idea.
Last time we did this with Lavren Memeberry, it spawned some sweet butthurt.
>>
>>52558031
Because when a woman is saying this, it's the language of enpowerment.
When man says it, it's the languageof rape.
women are incapable of raping because rape is a social construct put together by the patriarchical system all men (yes, all men) are contributing to because they have genetically internalized it and turned into a subconscious oppressive behavior of male "jouissance".
duh
It's like you've never been to a gender studies lecture ever I am litteraly puking.
>>
>>52558037
Unless it's possible to turn the problem into a racial or gender issue, SWJ are not interested.
Zomby is just being stupid, and his stupidity isn't covered by SWJs rethorics, so...
>>
File: 1367567340311.jpg (24KB, 324x445px) Image search: [Google]
1367567340311.jpg
24KB, 324x445px
>>52561555
>mfw vice still publishes some interesting, bold articles, still promotes investigation and gonzo journalism
>mfw 99% of their readership doesn't give a shit and is just in there because they used to be "in" and because of the blog-tier articles
>>
>>52562736
And druggies
>>
I would fuck Meredith Graves.

How about you, guys?
>>
>>52562838
Balls no.
Her legs are hairier than mine, and I can grow a fucking afro on my chest.
>>
>>52562867
>not having a hair fetish

whats wrong with you?
>>
>>52561230
This, seriously. Don't give her this much power. That way, we won't get 14 articles on the same day about how music listeners are all pissbaby shitlords.
>>
>>52562904
I'm too gay for that kind of shit. I like my dudes hairy, not my girls.
>>
File: 1321564654.png (32KB, 190x202px) Image search: [Google]
1321564654.png
32KB, 190x202px
>Meredith Graves
>>
>>52555736
anonymity is not what the milgram experiment concerns. milgram is about obedience.

fuck graves, her p4k article about sun kil moon was also ridiculous bullshit. and i'm left-wing as fuck and a feminist. perfect pussy are overrated and she comes across as massively pseudo-intellectual
>>
>makes that gigantic ramble
>"And lighten up. After all, it’s just the internet."
L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>52555712
>Written by Marcel
this always kill my sides
>>
>>52560791
bloody hell, go home tumblr.

i dont go on /pol/ and start talking about how ron paul has a shitty taste in music. fuckin twats
>>
>>52563073
its just one of those sassy sign offs that journalists use to strengthen and solidify the rest of the text
>>
>>52563129
seems like it backfired
also
>journalist
more like a wannabe essayist
>>
>>52563167
>more like a wannabe essayist
That's the problem with Graves and the whole blogging clique. None of them is actually competent or trained so all they do is stupidly using some writing tricks they've read about in Journalism for Dummies. it's all so fucking obvious, none of them have any idea how to write a correct piece.
>>
>>52555736
sounds like the half asses essays where you directly reference the questions in the text
>>
>>52555716
But vice news is really good, and they do fantastic reporting in war zones.
>>
>>52557614
pleb detected

>i d-didn't know elvis was w-white
>>
>>52563290
lol

>i did obscure drugs with an oppressed people look at how cool i am
>>
>>52558031
>rough/kinky sex is inherently misogynistic

now who's the SJW?
>>
File: 23432523.png (719KB, 870x659px) Image search: [Google]
23432523.png
719KB, 870x659px
Why does Marcel always claim someone else is doing things for him and it's not him being a sad, sad, sad little homeschooled boy desperate for validation?
>>
>>52563376
So his taste is literally just /mu/core?
Welp.
>>
>>52558547
underrated post

>>52558243
this is one of the greatest pleasures in life
>>
>>52558243
You don't understand, they are black, they can't be wrong. If you say anything a black person does is wrong, that makes you racist.
It's not sexism,it's part of african-american culture (since clearly, ALL black people are african-american, gathering them all into that category is not racist in the slightest way)
>>
>>52560974
>The left's
The USA have no left.
>>
>>52556246
Oh no.

I happened upon a recent interview/performance vid of The Julie Ruin and Kathleen Hanna is much...thicker than before. It's actually pretty becoming, but I had had no idea. I guess all of those people are pretty old now.
>>
Is that a satire site?
>>
>>52563795
It's post-sarite.
>>
>>52563685
K. Hanna used to suffer from Lyme disease.
>>
>>52561230

I CANNOT FUCKING STRESS THIS ENOUGH

WE CANNOT FUCKING BECOME WHAT /V/ BECAME

THIS DOES NOT FUCKING SLIP NOW
>>
>Growing up, in part, means acknowledging your own role in maintaining your happiness and acknowledging the ways in which you are complicit in the unhappiness of other people.

Growing up is accepting the loneliness of autonomy. You're on your own, Graves, and that's good. But you can't make it the nation's cause if your feelings are hurt by one particular tosspot.
>>
>>52561580
>being shocking and edgy is no longer the dominant cultural paradigm

Could have fooled me.
>>
>>52564127
not unless you're on 4chan
>>
>>52562838
Yes, I would. I just wouldn't discuss identity politics with her.

There was an anon here who had a friend who's her regular hookup in Wisconsin. He's terribly in love with her and almost things they're exclusive. Sad, really.
>>
>>52563877
Well that's a bummer.
>>
>>52560181
His entire post-Where Were You In '92 career.*
>>
>>52561230
But /mu/ is already worse than /v/
>>
>>52563059
She's a musician. Speaking from experience, there are a lot of pseudo-intellectual artists are there. It's nothing new.
>>
>>52562736
form what i've seen people are much more interested theyre interesting, bold articles & investigation than the stupid noisy blogs and druggie shit.

At least thats what i've gathered from the comments
>>
>>52563414
>>52563376
>>52560294
This is what you have created /mu/. Letting underage plebs run rampant on this board will result in more of this kind of shit. It's already too late for you, but know this: this is all your own fault. You created Marcel, and you fucked this board.
>>
File: 1406594467565.png (162KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
1406594467565.png
162KB, 543x600px
>>52560791

It's not just in the US either.

There's a real shift towards the public splitting into radical left and radical right in Europe too.

It's happening across the globe. It feels like everyone is being pushed to take a radical position.

Very concerning imo.
>>
>>52559533
10/10
>>
>>52563335

It's like you read his comment, and translated it into what you wanted it to be.

Most of Vice is shit, but you clearly haven't watched some of the News bits. They do some heavy stuff near combat areas, which has nothing to do with drugs.
>>
>>52563658

I think you mean France and/or Russia.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.