[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so this whole scene is hipsters assimilating into the mainst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: WHATDAFUCK1.png (394KB, 800x382px) Image search: [Google]
WHATDAFUCK1.png
394KB, 800x382px
so this whole scene is hipsters assimilating into the mainstream by appropriating mainstream commercial and transforming into their own culture as a way to shape their identity?

sounds like the logical conclusion to hipsters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFnKFqew_M
>>
>tfw Hannah Diamond isn't qt irl
>>
>>52272314
>logical conclusion
man, shut the fuck up
>>
Sophie's Ray Ban set kills
Outside of some singles and excerpts of a couple mixes, its really not that amazing. But it was still easily the most interesting scene is music this year.
>>
>>52272314
your picture scared the shit out of me. i thought some shitty famous youtuber made a video about PC Music or something.
>>
>>52272314
just a lot of hype over early 2000s inspired pop music

it's okay, but not incredible
>>
>>52272497
>this year

that makes it sound as if it's not gonna survive out of 2014
>>
DANNY DICK IN THE PANTS CHARLES
>>
>>52272523
>oh damn, muh indie cred!
>>
>>52272546
i'm not saying it won't. pc music has been a label for a couple of years iirc, this was just the year it blew up. i heard
>>
so this is basically a revamped vaporwave in terms of aesthetics and philosophy? the concept is the same
>>
>>52272766
This is more like analogue nightcore
>>
>>52272794
shut the fuck up
>>
so what exactly is this. it doesnt sound different or new at all.
>>
>>52272828
Are you feeling some type of way?

Exhibit A
https://soundcloud.com/pcmus/dont-wanna-lets-do-it

Literally nightcore
>>
8/10
would seizure again
>>
>>52272428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6_ikWlJu_0
>>
>>52272314
Thy Slaughter was pretty good tbh.
>>
>>52272871
that track is so good, but i wouldn't call it nightcore tho
>>
>>52272314

Ok OP, I'll explain really quick.

It is no longer cool to be different because hipsters realized that trying to conform to any "alternative" culture is just conforming to a different kind of culture. Going out of your way to be different is tryhard and undesireable.

The most desireable thing is to be a "normal" person who has a personality of their own without signs of irony or self-effacement. This is where the "normcore" movement comes from. Any attempts to consciously deviate from the norm just reveal you as a sad attempt at childish rebellion.

It is now cool to be normal but only if you're not TRYING to be normal. So you do this by celebrating aspects of mainstream culture that were previously rejected by the "alternative" crowd.
>>
>>52272314
>>52272974
Maybe it's not some childish statement and just people trying to make music that sounds good?
>>
>>52273134
>just people trying to make music that sounds good

obviously not, when their shoving the whole cutesy image as part of the music, creating more of an art movement, or scene with a carefully constructed idea behind it
>>
>>52273201

Having an aesthetic is pretty much obligatory if you want to break into the scene these days.
>>
I hate how people are quick to claim that anyone who likes something they can't enjoy is a victim of the hype or someone doing it just for the social status. "Hipster" is literally babbys first ad hominem.
>>
>>52272314
>this whole scene is hipsters assimilating into the mainstream by appropriating mainstream commercial and transforming into their own culture as a way to shape their identity?

damn...
>>
>>52273443
op here. I don't hate pc music (there are some interesting stuff in it), and used the term 'hipster' for someone who is subversive and against social norms, not in a pejorative sense.
>>
meme pop
>>
why do you faggots think stuff has some deeper meaning jfc
>>
>>52273252
lol
>>
PC music fans don't deserve the privilege of internet access and don't have anything to contribute to this planet. I don't consider them real humans.
>>
When will Sophie release that "Physical" song from the Boiler Room set? This song is so fucking amazing
>>
>>52273252
Which scene are you refering to? The patrician scene?
>>
>>52273885
the meme scene
pc music is a joke in the patrician scene
>>
>>52274442
If with patrician scene you mean Kanye, white guilt-core and Taylor Swift, then I have to say that the meme scene is definitely the superior scene.
>>
>>52273854
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUPUWmwPQe8
think it was released for a while then taken down from soundcloud
>>
>>52274495
>he thinks the patrician scene likes kanye or has white guilt
>he doesnt realize how multicultural and accepting the patrician scene is
>he STILL isnt in the patrician scene

literally rick from pawnstars
>>
>F**K
ugg
>>
>scrolling through FB
>Future Classic posts this pic
>mfw no Hey QT video advertisement
>>
File: shinychuttbeeks.png (680KB, 720x605px) Image search: [Google]
shinychuttbeeks.png
680KB, 720x605px
>>52274790
forgot pic
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.