[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most unusual music? Earthquake noises?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: slp7hu.jpg (29KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
slp7hu.jpg
29KB, 500x373px
What's the most unusual music?

Earthquake noises?
>>
honestly... present day mainstream pop music.

try to disassociate yourself from the the culture you were raised in and take a step back and look at it.... its an utterly bizarre spectacle
>>
>>52175969
d-damn...
>>
field recordings? i don't know

what makes unusual music varies from person to person
>>
necrophilia-core
>>
>>52175969
everything is weird to a complete outsider
>>
>>52175915
norcal reporting in
sound of earthquakes is freaky
>low rumble in the distance
>everything starts to shake
>glass breaks
>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>52175969
>lewronggeneration
>>
File: fmli4.jpg (169KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
fmli4.jpg
169KB, 584x800px
>>52176033
..i guess.

man thats pretty deep
>>
Whatever the fuck Otto von Schirach produces.

Seriously. The guy's a fucking nut.
>>
>>52176035
ITS SO FUCKING DARK IN HERE
>>
>>52175915
I forget who it is but there's this artist who made music using the sound of a fetus' heartbeat (his kid who wasn't born yet)
>>
>>52175969
*tips it*
>>
>>52176250
John lennon
>>
>>52175915
>Earthquake noises?
Not music.
>>
>>52176379
Oh wow I wasn't think of him. I didn't know he did that too
>>
This post is:
[] overrated
[] ok rated
[x] underrated
>>
>>52176400
all sounds are music if you perceive them that way
>>
>>52176632
Not correct.
>>
>>52176662
but it is correct
>>
>>52176701
Not really. Something cannot simultaneously be music and not. it's either or. Thus the audience is not the deciding factor.
>>
>>52176662
>>52176701
fight fight fight fight
>>
>>52176779
>simultaneously
how is sound coming from an earthquake any different from sound coming from an instrument and how does it suddenly make it "simultaneously" music and not music. that makes absolutely no sense. are you saying no music exists because it's also sound?
>>
>>52176400
That's your opinion with which I disagree with.
>>
>>52176837
>How does it suddenly make it "simultaneously" music and not music
Because by your logic, it is listener defined: what you may consider music I may not. Thus it is both music and not simultaneously.

Obviously we cannot define things like this, so your faulty logic must be discarded.
>how is sound coming from an earthquake any different from sound coming from an instrument
One is music, and the other is not.
>>52176842
No I never mentioned my opinion.
>>
>>52176885
Music does not exist without the listener.
>>
>>52176906
So music made in an artist' bedroom without an audience is not a music?

Also not correct.
>>
>>52176934
Are you implying a musician is not a listener?

My post is basic aesthetics 101 btw, it's obviously too hard for you to handle.
>>
>>52176961
>Are you implying a musician is not a listener?
If he doesn't listen to music he makes, does it magically not exist?

>My post is basic aesthetics 101 btw, it's obviously too hard for you to handle.
Oh are you a non-musician too? That would explain it.
>>
>>52176779
Do you even death of the artist?
>>
>>52176980
>If he doesn't listen to music he makes, does it magically not exist?
Obviously not, my post was in regards to your statement that the audience is irrelevant.

I'm saying your definition of music is a very dated one, and that you are very out of touch with reality and aesthetics.

Fact remains that people disagree with you, and that supports my point/the other guy's post. Keep shitposting, doesn't change this visible fact no matter how hard you try to hide it.

>>52177065
He doesn't.
>>
>>52177065
>>52177085
Ever since the advent of the avant-garde revolution in the first quarter of the 20th Century, artists have reshaped the nature and meaning of art to serve the artists rather than the audience. This is largely because the nature of the art is A) so heavily rooted in the artists' subconscious that to separate the art from the artist would be meaningless, as a context is now required; B) the gauntlet was created for the ethos of challenging "what is art", which implies that the power resides in the artist for creation rather than the audience's interpretation. In essence the whole point is to disarm the audience's expectations.

“Death Of The Artist” is a concept that is ancient and no longer relevant, and is harnessed as an excuse for non-artists and audiences with no analytical skills to make themselves a part of a artistic process they otherwise would have no part of.

learn2art
>>
cave grunts maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQwYNca4iog
>>
>>52177106
Readers often ask me why I did not become a musician, since my essays, indirectly, tell a musician what music he should or should not be making. Other readers accuse critics of being merely frustrated people who would like to be the very musicians and stars they "criticize". Again, in my case it goes back to my passion for history and for knowledge. Pythagora, who had a mystic attitude towards things, thought that the audience was more important than the athletes: the athletes were entertaining the audience but the audience was "contemplating" the athletes, and to Pythagora that was more important. Understanding nature was more important than being a part of it. In a sense, when you "contemplate" nature you manage not to be part of it, to be something else, above and beyond it, almost divine. Pythagora thought that this "contemplation" of nature led to logic. To Pythagora religion and mathematics were the same: the pure mathematician was a religious prophet, and viceversa. Contemplation was the key to understanding the universe, and it led to logical explanation of what the universe is. Logic was so ubiquitous in the universe that Pythagora thought that numbers were the ultimate reality. In particular, he discovered the relationship between numbers and music. Music is logic. All of this was evident to him as the "listener", not as the "maker" of music.

The value of art depends on the values of the art critic
The critic is the real artist
Most art is imitation, not innovation
The critic, not the artist, is the one who values innovation
The artist is merely a vehicle for the aesthetic/ideology of the critic.
>>
>>52177196
>lusty negro attitudes
>>
File: 1327.png (163KB, 561x733px) Image search: [Google]
1327.png
163KB, 561x733px
>>52177106
>>52177196
>>
>>52175969
>>52175991
le samefag
>>
microtonal lowercase
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.