[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

its inconceivable how underrated and misunderstood this album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: niggas-cover-1200.jpg (93KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
niggas-cover-1200.jpg
93KB, 1200x1200px
its inconceivable how underrated and misunderstood this album is, this is their masterpiece and only people who listen to DG for their instrumentation think otherwise
>>
ok
>>
>>52058705
DG+EXM > TMS > GP > NLDW >>> NOTM
>>
>>52058705
But I DO listen to thier instrumentation most, and it's just barely behind GP for me.
>>
It's my personal favorite, but I'm not a huge DG fan so I don't have a huge breadth of knowledge on the subject.

Big Dipper is fun
>>
>>52058741
Why am I not surprised that someone who thinks NOTM is the worst also thinks ExM is the best?
>>
It's only half an album though.
>>
>>52058705
>underrated
okay.
>>
>>52058776
deathgripslewronggeneration
>>
>>52058776
because i'm right?

also i really like their idm/vaporwave influenced style on gp. almost more than their abrasive guitar sample style on exmil
>>
>>52058784
Incase you werent aware, theres a world that exists outside of /mu/ :)
>>
>>52058763

truth
>>
>>52058835
yeah, oh my god, GP title track always gave me these really vapory vibes, and i knew i couldn't be the only one
>>
GP>TMS>EXM>NOTM>NLDW
>>
notm = nldw > first half of gp > tms > exm > second half of gp
>>
>>52058705
EXM > NOTM > TMS > GP > NLDW

I like notm a lot because they started fucking with their song structure, but EXM is my shit.
>>
OBJECTIVE RANKING COMING THROUGH

NOTM>NO LOVE DEEP WEB> GOVERNMENT PLATES>TMS>EXM
>>
>>52058950
second half of gp is their best work by miles you retarded faggot. if you can make it all the way through notm and nldw without cringing you should genuinely commit sudoku
>>
>>52058975
with the exceptions of FLaW and TIVN, GP is a perfect album, agreed on this. But what's wrong with NOTM
>>
Government Plates > NLDW > Death Grips = Powers that B > Birds > Jenny Death > dogshit > Exmilitary
>>
File: 1418290127231.png (1MB, 1208x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1418290127231.png
1MB, 1208x1200px
NOTM > TMS > EXM > NLDW > GP

there's just so much creative variety in NOTM and it's their most creatively produced record yet
>>
>>52059089
waht
>>
>>52059260

lol what is going on here
>>
>>52059464
teaching bitches how to sim
>>
Are Death Grips one of the most consistent groups of the past two decades? Ever?
>>
>>52059260
>there's just so much creative variety in NOTM
>literally just sounds like one 30min song
>>
>>52058975
>uses the phrase commit sudoku
>thinks half an album that barely as ride (the best part of dg) is good
fuck you and your opinions
>>
TMS > NotM > NLDW > ExM > GP
>>
>>52059645
whats up fantano, good so see you like notm so much
>>
>>52059645
ExM>NLDW>GP>NotM>TMS
i'm not even fucking with you that's my actual opinion
sorry
>>
>>52058950
naw this nigga nailed it. inanimate sensation is also their best song.
>>
>>52059693
he probably likes exmilitary more than that
>>
>>52059746
i'm super surprised inanimate sensation is as good as it is. instrumentally my favourite thing they've done since nldw.
>>
>>52059772
no he gave exmil and nldw both a 8/10
tms 10/10
seemed like he loved notm in his review, and said on the inanimate sensation review that notm had a bunch of dg's all time best tracks

so theres a small chance that might actually be fantano
>>
I'm so bored guys.

Inanimate Sensation was awesome, all the excitement and activity when it dropped was awesome, but now everything's calmed down again and no-one's talking about anything. FUCK. jdw?

also reminder that you must only listen to NotM in seamless form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PFl6M0gM0
>>
>>52059811
yeah but exmilitary jumped up to #2 of the year. nldw didn't get that high. i guess this thread is fantano trivia now.
>>
>>52059776
i had some reservations about it at first, but after a buncha relistens (especially bumping it in da whip) i can say its their best work. Wouldn't surprise me if while they were working on it DG realized this is what they ultimately had in mind when starting the band and figured they wouldn't / didn't need to top it.
>>
>>52058705
what's with the new font? looks terrible. wasn't someone working on an edit for jenny death and notm with the original font?
>>
TMS > NOTM > GP > ExM > NLDW
>>
>>52058850
How do you review half an album?
>>
>>52060194
Did you make that or did your 9 year old sister?

GP > ExMil > TMS > NLDW > NOTM
>>
I agree with you, OP. Though they don't have any releases that are bad either. GP is probably the worst as a whole, though a few of their best songs are on it.
>>
>>52060242
>exmil that high
>notm last
please go listen to kanye west you fucking faggot
>>
>>52060242
People who put NotM last and GP first baffle me. Like, surely if you think GP is that good you should at least appreciate some of the crazy shit going on in NotM?
>>
NOTM > NLDW > TMS > EXM > GP
>>
>>52058705
the instrumentation is amazing too! even in that sense its their masterpiece
>>
id definitely cry if they did another tour and performed Black Quarterback, definitely their best song
>>
all of these threads inevitably turn into ranking shit parties. I dont give a shit what your favorite death grips album is, much less what your second and third favorites are
>>
>>52060324
I didn't like the bjork samples, they annoyed me. And up my sleeves is also annoying. Didn't the album, the rest are just better. How experimental they get isn't the only quality I consider
>>52060257
>being this upset
Also ExMil's only there because Lord Of the Game is my favorite DG track other than Birds, TMS was more consistent
>>
>>52060552
Didn't hate the album* Oh and I don't even like Kanye
>>
>>52060552
>not thinking up my sleeves is fucking GOAT

why do you even continue to breathe oxygen?
>>
NLDW=GP > NOTM > TMS > ExM
>>
i really like NOTM but it feels so imcomplete, obviously cause it's missing JD. it will be interesting to see how the albums compliment each other because "inanimate sensation" doesn't really sound anything like from NOTM.
>>
>>52060552
>I didn't like the bjork samples, they annoyed me. And up my sleeves is also annoying.

Yeah but they're not annoying you for any real reason. Practically everyone who hears any DG for the first time finds it 'annoying'. He's too loud! It's not melodic! There's something that repeats! Hell I thought Up My Sleeves was 'annoying' when I first put it on, but when I actually let myself get into it, I realised how gripping and intense it is.
>>
>>52058975
What a fagot
>>
>>52058975
>if you can make it all the way through notm and nldw without cringing you should genuinely commit sudoku

This reveals so much more about you than it does any of the music
>>
>>52060219
Becauze releasing an album in parts is silly and theres no real reason to view them as one album just because DG says so
>>
http://thirdworlds.net/powers.php

HARPOOONING
>>
>>52061257
This is how I feel. I love NOTM but it feels too brief, like I want more.
>>
>>52058953
I definitely agree with this order. Nldw never appealed to me really
>>
File: 1408194634743.gif (2MB, 498x346px) Image search: [Google]
1408194634743.gif
2MB, 498x346px
>>52058705
>listening to the first half of an album and calling it a masterpiece
>>
i think my ranking is NLDW > NOTM > TMS > EXM > GP

there are things i like about TMS over NOTM though (i've heard complaints about the mixing / mastering but i love the way that album sounds)
>>
>>52061466
it's an album in itself. So is Jenny Death. Powers that b is a compilation.
>>
>>52061466
I don't think it would be unreasonable to say 'Disc 1 is a masterpiece' when it's deliberately different from disc 2, which NotM probably is if Inanimate Sensation is anything to go by.
>>
>>52061481
What's your opinion on Birds? I think that song alone is too good for GP to be last
>>
>>52061266
Oh believe me I listened to NOTM 6 or 7 times, I'm not even saying there weren't any aspects I didn't like about it, it's just their worst so far. But apparently JD is completely different so I have high hopes
>>
My list is all = A+grips
Oh man,you' sre so boring taste
>>
>>52058835
>vaporwave influenced style

you lost all credibility, ALL
>>
>>52058705
>only people who listen to music for the music think otherwise
ok
>>
>>52059560
there is no way that people who say this actually listened through it
>>
File: fukurtalkinaboutnigga.jpg (24KB, 213x269px) Image search: [Google]
fukurtalkinaboutnigga.jpg
24KB, 213x269px
>mfw no one even noticed the depth of Beware
>>
>>52058705
I only listen for the instrumentation and that's my favorite DG album
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.