[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stories about interactuions about music with other people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 27

File: 2528845-finn_sad_face.jpg (19KB, 313x260px) Image search: [Google]
2528845-finn_sad_face.jpg
19KB, 313x260px
>talking with this guy who works in mental health services
>I end up mentioning I really like music and I stupidly say that I feel like a lot of people I know are not "on the same level" as me and I can't have good conversation with them
>he asks me if I like hip-hop
>I say "Yeah, I've heard a ton, I really like it"
>he says "Have you heard of the Christian rap group [name I can't remember]?" and then goes on about how brilliant their lyrics and instrumentation are
>I reluctantly say "No, I've never heard of them"
>he smiles and says "I didn't think you would have" (I'm not joking, he literally said this)
>also he wears cowboy boots, has a weird name and I think he's gay
>mfw I got out-patrician'd by this guy
>>
>friend listens to one of my songs
>"this is terrible, anon."
>walk away and lament that my music has almost no appeal to almost everyone
>>
>>52039952
post it here. maybe the problem is that your not getting enough feedback.
>>
File: FAGGOTOPISFAG.png (204KB, 359x446px) Image search: [Google]
FAGGOTOPISFAG.png
204KB, 359x446px
>>52039803

>christian hip hop
>patrician
>>
>>52039803
it was prolly some lame ass shit so don't worry about it
>>52039952
>has almost no appeal to almost everyone
can you pls post
>>
>>52039803
>wrekt4life, son
was he talking about DC Talk? their best albums aren't in the rap genre tho
>>
File: wut.gif (2MB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
2MB, 400x243px
>huge pink floyd fan in highschool
>whowasnt.jpg
>phone background is DSOTM album art
>8/10 qt says "hey anon, why's your background the spectrum of light?"
>mfw
>>
>guy who works in mental health services
Just say it. It's your counselor, right? You're trying to get treatment for your autism but you can't help the spaghetti pouring out your pockets in every social interaction, right?
>>
>>52040330

He's not exactly what you'd call a counselor. He's more like a person who can just help me get involved more with the community and get me a job. And I don't have autism but I do have moderate asperger's and some other shit, but I didn't want to make that the point of this thread.
>>
File: 1413398393038.jpg (32KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1413398393038.jpg
32KB, 490x490px
>be me today in first class
>people getting me riled up about music
>i finally come out and tell them they all have bad taste
>talk about how I think my opinion should carry more weight than theirs because I invest more time into my music than they do
>they find this to be absurd
>the one bitch in particular who ive talked to before gets super irritated
>" just because you listen to a lot of music doesn't make your opinion better than everyone else's Cry about it"
>mfw
>I hit her with the "if someone puts more time and effort into something, is it unfair to say their opinion carries more weight than someone else's?"
>"Music is based on opinion not time"
>try and convince the bitch the more time you put in, the more you will understand what defines different genres and music as a whole
>she is having none of it
>I ask her to name for me her top 5 favorite albums
>she wont do it

Like fucking hell, if you dont even listen to albums why would you try and debate music like you know what the fuck you are talking about?
>>
>>52040265
But she's right.
>>
>>52040491
But she's right.
>>
>>52040491
she was right
>>
y'all are so embarrassing jesus
>>
>>52040491
But she's right.
>>
ITT: pretentious children.
>>
>>52040491
>I think my opinion should carry more weight than theirs because I literally weigh the most.
>>
>>52040491
But she's right
>>
>if it has screaming it sucks anons
>this is just random noises
>you have such shit taste in music anon, radiohead is undoubtedly the best band of this century
>>
>>52040842
No, they're just literally autistic. Leave them alone.
>>
>>52040491
Though this guy was being an ass, I feel he does have a point too. Like I can't say shit about rap as a genre apart from the fact that I find N.W.A. fun to listen to because they say "nigga" a lot.
When talking to people about rap, would you trust my opinion?
>>
>Few years ago
>Have friend who claims Beach Boys is his favorite band of all time and that they are far better than The Beatles
>Think he must be pretty cool and ask him if he had heard the then new Smile Sessions release
>What's that?
>Feel a bit irritated that he claims to be such a huge Beach Boys fan but isn't aware of Smile so I start to explain to him the history behind it and how Brian tried so hard to outdo both Pet Sounds and The Beatles but it resulted in him having a breakdown and the album got cancelled and turned into Smiley Smile
>Er, I don't think I've ever heard Pet Sounds
>Wait, how the fuck?
>Well... I don't really listen to their original albums because I just want to listen to their good tracks, that's why I have all their greatest hits compilations instead
Haven't been as mad at anything or anyone since.
>>
File: 2005.jpg (8KB, 172x225px) Image search: [Google]
2005.jpg
8KB, 172x225px
>new classmates. Meets a cool guy with a Pink Floyd shirt.
>Asks him after a while what's his favourite PF album
>Oyeah, definitely The Wall. And the movie, whoah, we had like a party with this movie projected while the party was going on.
>The back of his PF shirt is the prism and a photo of the band including both Gilmour and Barrett.
>>
>>52040265
But she's right.
>>
>tfw all my friends listen to is deep house
>not even kidding
>24/7
>just deep house & future house
>try showing them some similar, less pleb house music that isn't comprised of 909 drums
>One kid that brags about being into heaps of different shit: "this is so wierd anon wtf XD"
>>
>>52040019
>thatsthejoke.ufkntrd
>>
>>52040930
*eye twitch*
>>
>>52040400
Aspergers doesn't exist anymore. It's been officially merged with autism as a diagnosis.
>>
>>52040930
this upsets me. I would have hurt him.
>>
>>52040947
Like, 90s deep house? Moodymann, Parrish? If that's true, that's a real interesting group of friends you got. Deep house is the fucking shit.
>>
>>52040907
this is exactly what i was getting at. thank you. and i know it is a pretentious way of thinking, but i cant help it
>>
>>52040930

is this a copypasta? i've seen it before
>>
>>52040907
>>52041011

Yeah, I get what you mean too, though that particular viewpoint may take the fun out of listening to music. On a professional review level you're more qualified than most, including probably people at most major publications. But that's not the same as enjoying it. Everyone is equally qualified to enjoy music, but few are qualified to review it.
>>
>>52041032
No, it's mine. I just post it in all these threads that I see.
>>
>>52040999
nononono like Tcharmi, Oliver Heldens, Lowsteppa, Hot Since 82.

I've even shown the stuff like Roy Davis Jr, actual 90s deep house, and all I get is "WTF this is deep hahaha".
>>
>>52040491
she was right
>>
File: waitasecond.jpg (26KB, 300x562px)
waitasecond.jpg
26KB, 300x562px
>Greentext stories are fucking dumb
>Get your butts ready for prose

So on the Open Day of the university I now go to, we all had to be interviewed by a member of the faculty. This was after being shown round the department in groups of about 15.
So I was kind of nervous, and it didn't help that the staff were essentially picking off applicants one-by-one and I was the last to get picked. However it was this American guy with long hair and a black t-shirt with some intense metal-style art on it, so he seemed pretty cool from the beginning.
The interview was short and quite casual, so I was pretty relieved by it. Don't know why though but I wanted to get on good (better?) terms with the guy, so at the end, when he asked "Any other questions?", I say, "Hey, what's that on your shirt?"
Guy explains it's some Nordic grindcore band which I've never heard of, nor do I have an interest in. Damn.
He says: "So what sort of stuff do you listen to?"
And I tell him progressive rock. He basically says "I respect that stuff, but it's not really for me".
>tfw prog isn't even your favourite musical genre (it's closer to drone or doom metal) but it's the only thing you could think of and you blurt it out

All in all this wasn't too bad of an "interactuions" with someone else. But being the autist I am I come back to this memory now and again thinking "That could have gone better".
I haven't even seen the guy ever working here.
>>
File: 1408917892681.jpg (32KB, 650x371px) Image search: [Google]
1408917892681.jpg
32KB, 650x371px
>at lollapalooza this year
>go with hottie who i've messed around with before
>tell her "we are going to see outkast and we're staying the whole set"
>after hey ya! she wants to go see calvin harris
>mfw

straight up told her fuck no and we stayed for the whole set. she also wanted to skip all of spoon's set for some other bullshit
>>
>>52040491
She wasn't right.
>>
>>52040491
She wasn't right, but you're pretentious and autismal as fuck.
>>
>>52041164
good fucking call. it's easy to say "tell her no lol" on the internet. but you actually did it in the moment, instead being beta'd out. you're gonna remember those shows for the rest of your life. i see too many unhappy boyfriends/fuckbuddies/whatever at shows. nice fucking job.
>>
>>52040299
people who post this pasta are worse than trips
>>
>>52040491
you: pretentious, mostly right, rockist
her: wrong, gets laid
>>
>>52041124
Eh, actually even that stuff is alright by me, formulaic though it may be, just because I love the deep house sound so much. And it's the least noxious brand of current EDM by far, you could get much much worse. I can understand how you might get pissed off if that's ALL they play though.
>>
>>52040265
light spectrum > pink floyd
>>
>>52041347
pretty much
>>52041233
>pretentious and autismal
never said i wasnt pal :^)
>>
>>52041305

thanks m8. not gonna pass up hearing international players anthem, whole world, etc. etc. to hear that one calvin harris song that plays everywhere
>>
>>52041441
tfw not on this list
>>
>>52040299
>i make a valid on topic response
>you post a wall of text which has nothing to do with the topic of the thread

ok
>>
>>52041164
>omg you were at lollapalooza, did you see calvin harris
>no because i was with this nerd and he wanted to see all of outkast, like they did hey ya already what's the point
>what a loser
>i know right, he didn't even ask me to fuck him afterwards
>>
>>52041469
>>i make a valid on topic response
>you actually don't
>>
>>52041573

this would be valid except i'd already fucked her before

>tfw i'm an outkast-loving nerd
>>
>>52041164
That feel when you were one of the only person to go see Darkside at lollapalooza
>>
>>52041406
good call, I saw calvin harris at a festival and it was boring as fuck.
the only dj i've ever seen who does nothing but push play
>>
>>52041599
Who are you replying to?
>>
>>52041164
>leaving after the singles
I hate festivals/festival crowds

>See MGMT
>everyone leaves after kids/time to pretend/electric feel
>>
File: cute_kitty.jpg (98KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
cute_kitty.jpg
98KB, 500x667px
>>52041505
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>52040491

You were right.

Myself (and I think a lot of people here) on /mu/ have 800+ hours of music listened to this year, don't fucking tell us we don't know more about music than people who just listen to the radio or whatever is popular on YouTube occasionally.

It can be your subjective opinion that McDonald's is the greatest restaurant either but that doesn't mean people who actually try lots of different food as a hobby aren't more likely to have a better subjective opinion then.
>>
File: 1346548931815.jpg (178KB, 566x677px) Image search: [Google]
1346548931815.jpg
178KB, 566x677px
>go on a blind date a friend set up because they're worried I'm still a virgin
>meet her at a local restaurant, 7/10 pretty good looking
>we start small talk, where do you work, how to do you know [mutual friend], etc. etc.
>the topic of music comes up and she asks me what music I listen to
>brace myself for pleb and tell her "lately I've been making field recordings of car mufflers, recording them onto a reel-to-reel, then cutting them up and performing lowercase improvisations with a hose clamp and a mixer"
>she stares at me for a second and starts to snigger
>ask her what she's laughing about
>"anon, (she actually calls me "anon") lowercase is for pseudointellectual plebeians who are unable to appreciate true silence"
>ask her what music she listens to
>"I don't anon"
>she gets up and leaves, performing a free improv solo on her heels
>mfw outpatricianed
>>
>>52041734
The problem is claiming that someone's subjective opinion can be "better" than anyone else's.
You know, because it's subjective. And an opinion.

Again, if you have more experience with something your opinion is benefits from that. But it doesn't give you the right to say that other people are "wrong" if they don't have the same level of experience.
>>
>>52041805

lost it so bad at "she actually calls me anon"
>>
>>52041734
thank you dude, its so refreshing to hear this
this is what i tried to tell them. i told them i ONLY think this way with music because i invest so much time into it. they invest minimal time and effort into it and expect me to value their opinions
>>
File: 1414357592971.png (157KB, 451x237px) Image search: [Google]
1414357592971.png
157KB, 451x237px
This was actually just yesterday

>friend takes one of my earbuds
>"You're just gonna make fun of the music I listen to"
>"Probably"
>it's Crywank
>"HIS VOICE IS TERRIBLE"
>"IT'S LITERALLY JUST HIM SINGING, I CAN'T HEAR ANY INSTRUMENTS"
>Just laugh it off and say "He's playing guitar"
>"I CAN'T LISTEN TO THIS GARBAGE ANYMORE"
>mfw
>>
>>52041734
Wow, that guy's just an autist, but you actually don't understand there are more important things than being right. This isn't a critical situation, no one's going to die, don't be an asshole and antagonize everyone around you for the sake of your own ego. Let them believe what they want to believe.
>>
>>52041805
Oh, this is beautiful.
>>
>>52041886
>it's literally just him singing, I can't hear any instruments!
This is like a bizarro pleb story. Next thing you know, someone will get mad the chorus starts in 20secs or less, or even there is a chorus.
>>
>>52041888
>>52041826

Maybe "right" or "better" were the wrong words.

Maybe I should have said credible, informed, knowledgeable, trustworthy, etc.
>>
>>52041164
Aw. Sorry bud. To be fair, it's hard to be able to see every set you want to see at festivals as large as lolla. I've had to live mid-set so I could see someone on the other side of the park.

The mentality of leaving after a single is kind of a waste of money, imo. I don't listen to Outkast all that much anymore, but I'd stay around longer than for one song.
>>
>>52041888
I dont think its unreasonable to think of yourself as more of an authority on music than someone who doesnt listen to music.
>>
>>52040491
You're somewhat right and somewhat wrong.

More importantly, you're a huge douche and an asshole.
>>
>>52041805
Dayum. I would have honestly asked if you were a foley artist.
>>
>>52040930
what a nice pasta we have here
>>
>>52041720
stfuuuuuuuu
>>
>>52040931
If somebody was a big PF fan but they still told me that their favorite album by them was The Wall they would immediately lose all credibility to me
>>
>chilling with hallmates in hall
>they're playing music
>one friend ask what music i like
>"u-usually punk and indie stuff"
>he wants me to play something
>thought title fight would be accessible enough
>play secret society
>oh god i was wrong
>cringey looks all around
>i just say they can change it
>leave
>>
>>52042130
only when it comes to music my brother
>>
test
>>
>>52042255
>my brother
LE SECTRET CLUB :DDDDDDDD
>>
>>52042251
Casual faggots permeate society. Stay strong.
>>
File: 1411176175723.jpg (374KB, 1515x2057px) Image search: [Google]
1411176175723.jpg
374KB, 1515x2057px
>>52042277
whatever u say boss
>>
File: 1374519446067.jpg (59KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1374519446067.jpg
59KB, 400x400px
>play bass in band with friends
>drummer has similar taste, we talk about music sometimes
>guitar players/vocalists are good but utter plebs
>they do 90% of the songwriting
>our music is shit
>worst fucking lyrics I've read in my life
>drummer doesn't really give a fuck as long as he gets to have fun
>I say the songs are alright and limit myself to make simple suggestions on how to improve them
>mfw they most often get turned down or misunderstood
>mfw I just play along but it hurts deep down inside
>>
>>52042251
Never listened to them before now. this is pretty entry level, why would you get cringy looks for this?
>>
>>52041705
Festivals attract the biggest assholes
It's really upsetting
>>
>pretty much talk to no one at uni
>do however make a small group of "friends" in one class
>they seem pretty basic, but nice people overall
>conversation shifts towards music
>herewego.jpg
>"hey anon have you ever heard of this band Neutral Milk Hotel?"
>"y-yeah"
>turns out we all pretty much listen to the same stuff
>this one basic looking bitch in yoga pants listens to fucking swans

I didn't even know how to react.
>>
>>52042338
damn that turtle looks like Devin
>>
>>52042383
4chan.org/faq#tripcode
>>
>>52042398
tumblr is today's mtv
>>
>>52042398
Ever consider the idea that you may be completely basic
>>
> tfw i refuse to talk about my taste in music because i don't think being a consumer is anything to be proud of in comparison to being any sort of creator

>>52040491
this post gave me the worst secondhand embarrassment sweet jesus
>>
File: busplen.jpg (207KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
busplen.jpg
207KB, 960x720px
>be 18yo me
>live in shithole, demographics don't really fit /mu/'s so don't expect fellow countrymen to be /mu/tants in general
>get on bus
>it's crowded as always, but see free seat in the distance
>rush over
>manage to sit down somehow
>2/10comfy. this gon be a bad ride
>look forward
>see pic related
>mfw.jpg
>get ipod out of pocket, take pic
>start wondering what kind of person would write that
>has to be a girl, for the handwriting and the flowers
>get home, post pic on /mu/
>no replies, what was i thinking?
>but, what if i could actually find her?
>post the picture every now and then for a few months hoping she'd browse /mu/ as well
>sometimes feel like i'm wasting my time but it seems almost fateful that i ran into what she wrote so keep posting every now and then
>a year goes by
>one day get reply from someone who claims to be her
>omgomgomgomg.jpg
>gives me skype adress, we talk
>she's a qt3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749
>"wow, anon, i can't believe you ran into what i wrote! NMH are like, my life"
>talk to her everyday for a week about mostly music related stuff, she's really into nmh, antlers, anco, radiohead, the list goes on
>learn a couple things about her; she's 17, collects records (she shows me her copy of ITAOTS) and plays acoustic guitar (covers king of carrot flowers p.1 for me on skype)
>turns out she lives 5 minutes away
>she wants to meet
>finally the time comes
>tell her to meet at a cafe half way between our homes, she asks if we could go check out some records later
>"yeah sure why not"
>get there
>we arrive at the same time so meet her in the street
>she says "hi anon" with a smile in her face, "how are --"
>slap that bitch across the face
>she screams and freaks out
>face is red
>cries/screams "WHAT THE FUCK ANON WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT"
>"that's for listening to entry level hipster grabage"
>"pleb"
>calmly walk back home
>get back to posting on /mu/
>>
>>52042502
this post has a large area
>>
>>52041734
Hours listening to music doesn't mean you actually know anything about it. I could listen to radio shit for 10 times longer than that and not know shit. What matters is knowledge of music theory, music history, etc, not your tastes or time spent listening.
>>
>>52042542
Well one may have greater knowledge, appreciation of, and understanding of music just by listening to a lot
It depends on how much, what they listened to, and how much attention they paid to it

It's a different skill set from music theory (not to say there isn't overlap)
>>
>>52042539
for you
>>
>>52042495
if it makes you feel better, they did ask me for my opinion on this. i left that part out though. they know i am a big music guy and they wanted my opinion, not my fault they didnt like it. i also admitted to them multiple times that i realize my views on this are to some degree, incorrect because music is subjective, i however still believe because i put more effort into music than they do that it should carry more weigh
>>
>>52042085

hey i got to see the rest of it, i was just not even going to consider leaving outkast, growing up loving that band and everything
>>
>>52042502
holy shit
>>
>26 years old now
>have a friend who only listens to his ipod in his car and refuses to put anything else on
>he often tells me to put something on from it
>it's the same ~200 tracks he has had on it since highschool, not a single addition made

I can't be the only one with a friend like this

I can't be the only one who thinks it's depressing.
>>
>>52039803
>at a small gathering
>some guy starts talking about mogwai
>don't currently give a shit, but try following up with...I guess fugazi
>he just kind of nods, gives a cold stare and keeps talking about post rock
>I decide I don't give a shit and bring up smashing pumpkins
>this girl says "wow, it's like freshman year again"
>>
>>52042755
wow
A story where you're the pleb
Very brave anon

>>52042745
I got a couple friends into music (kinda, not really). Now I hate everything I've ever shown them because it's literally all they listen to. They could not care less about finding good music themselves
Fucking meme rap and NMH
>>
>>52042502

LONDON
O
á—¡
N
O
â…‚
>>
>>52042745
Fellow 20 something here, you're not. Lots of people stop being interested in music after like, 25.
>>
>>52042354
Ragged off-tune vocals and delivery with little musical accompaniment? Yeah, that'll get weird looks for sure.

Title Fight is one of my favourite current bands, for what it's worth.
>>
>>52042802
You should be happy that your friends respect your opinion like that. Have you ever tried to show them how to find new music?
Trust me, you could be worse off. I have a buddy who completely unironically put in his old limp bizkit cd and said "I forgot how sick this was"
>>
>>52041734

>being this autistic with music

Calm down, anon. We know you listen to music just to fit in on /mu/, not to have a hobby.
>>
>be playing guitar at my sister's
>she's in a band, band members are there chillin
>just goofing off, play bob marley "redemption song"
>bassist walks up to me
>says we're best friends, i'm cool, he loves that song.
>asks me if i heard it off of the end of i am legend too (as he had done)
>he's black
>>
>>52042182
What if they said Atomic Heart Mother?
>>
>qt best friend stays over one night
>chilling and playing some music
>throw on a couple Trout Mask Replica songs
>she starts grooving to it
>after like 3 songs, ask if she liked it
>she says yes
>explain it's notoriety
>she says she doesnt understand why people find it hard to listen to
>says its not nearly weird enough to be unlistenable
>that said, she has pretty good music taste and is open to lots of different music
>>
>>52042745
>>52042745
I had a roommate who listened to the same 20 pop songs over and over again. I counted, it was literally 20. He'd only replace them when I started singing along

>WHEN I WAS--
>>
>>52042886
>http://blackpeopleloveus.com/
>>
File: 1417042259629.jpg (34KB, 960x558px) Image search: [Google]
1417042259629.jpg
34KB, 960x558px
>tfw way more into music than most friends but still have some concept of music to introduce them to that they will like
>>
>>52039803

>going shopping for old vinyls with my dad
>i always pick some hip-hop stuff
>he buys jazz or mpb all the time

He loves madlib.
>>
>>52042870

Fuck you asshole, music is one of the most important things in my life besides my family. I would call it more of a passion than a hobby. I mainly use /mu/ as a place to find music I've never heard of and discuss it. Yes it's mostly shitposting but sometimes there's some really good stuff. I'm probably going to college to study music theory next year. I don't know why anyone would care about fitting in here when the majority of us are anonymous.
>>
>>52043002
jealous of u
>>
>>52043115
>I'm probably going to college to study music theory
holy fuck it's like you don't want money
>>
>>52043115
Oh, you're not even 18. Never mind.
>>
>>52043055
hell yeah. love this feel
>>
>>52043027
thanks for showing me that site, fucking outrageous
>>
>>52043133

I'm 20.

>>52043125

You're right, I don't care much about money, or at least more money. I'm mostly comfortable financially, I have what I need and most of what I want. I want to go to learn and have the experience, not get rich. I don't see how money is relevant to my interest in music.
>>
>riding in a car with a few friends who are p4k drones
>my turn for the aux cable comes up
>"what are you going to play [s4s] cultural ambassador? (they call me this btw)"
>tell them "I'm going to play some Animal Collective"
>they get all excited because they love My Girls
>play Untitled from STGSTV
>total silence for entire song length
>>
>>52042862
Yeah I guess I'm lucky
If my only options were Limp Bizkit fans I would have no friends
Still, they know very well how to find new music, they just don't care and have shitty taste anyways
>>
>>52040864
Kek'd hard.
>>
>>52039803
OP this is the hardest I have laughed all week.

Thank you. Out patrician'd by Christian hip-hop?

kek
>>
>>52042502
shocked people think this is new
>>
>>52039803
I dont know if you guys know dead obies, but basically they are the asap mob/odd future meme rap group of montreal (they rap in french and english).

Every person my age (18) (especially qt girls) is riding their dick so hard... And I think they suck, its just joke lyrics just like what you'd find in today's meme rap. They fucking copied it and made it bilingual.

Anyway here's the story of every girl I meet, when we inevitably talk about music:

>starting to talk to this girl
>so any music you really into?
>dead obies omg my favorite soooo good haha you'd like them
>haha no actually i'm not into that sort of hip-hop
>how can you omg fuck their so good
>no if you want i can show you some more interesting hip-hop tho, ive got a ton on my phone
>plays shabazz palaces or whatever
>(after 20 sec) ok nice put dead obies on
>no its shit
>she goes full bitchly and goes away

>start talking to another girl, seems nice
>the first girl comes over
>hey your that dumbass who doesnt like dead obies
>other girl goes: omg how can you?
>leave
>go home
>cry in bed because I cant find a girl that has great taste in music

Replace dead obies with whatever generic bullshit that comes and goes and you have yourself the reason most girl are boring.
>>
>>52043481

i think you need to find something else to talk to girls about

most girls dont listen to good music
>>
File: 1344043067351.jpg (62KB, 546x574px) Image search: [Google]
1344043067351.jpg
62KB, 546x574px
>>52039803
>"ppl aren't on the same level as me"
>>52043063
>vinyls
>>
>hanging with some friends
>"Yo anon did you hear the new drake?"
>Nah fam, I don't fuck with him
>Aight anon, what do you listen to then
>Play some MF DOOM
>He got bars. He's aight. He's no drake

Plebs
>>
>>52043537
Most girls have only so few things they like and will interest them. Music interests every girl.

And I guess i'm searching for a girl with whom I can share my interest in music.
>>
>>52041720

literally who cares
>>
File: what.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
>>52039803
>interacting with other people
>>
File: 1388552122793.gif (215KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1388552122793.gif
215KB, 300x100px
>>52043673
>Music interests every girl
topkek
>>
>>52043481
pick up girls at habs games
>>
>be at home
>mom is a die hard christian maniac
>she has this annual dinner party at our house for the holidays where she invited her church friends and this one coworker she has
>party starts and like 30 people show up
>nothing but middle aged suburban christian families show up
>decide i don't want to deal with awkward small talk and stay in my room
>2 or so hours in, dinner ends
>it's kind of late now, so like half the people leave
>mom brings out this big ass cake
>everyone is now walking around, eating cake and chatting
>they all relocate to the living room, where my turntable, speakers, and records are
>everyone starts looking at it and asking my mom whose they are
>she says they are mine and makes me come out of my room to go talk to the people looking through my records
>by the time I get there, my mom's kinda hot coworker is looking through them
>i am feeling kinda nervous and embarrassed
>she then looks at me and tells me I have good taste
>she claims that she used to be a punk rocker back when it wasn't lame
>says she used to hang at CBGB and all that
>she is still looking through and gets to my copy of Never Mind the Bollocks
>says she loves the Sex Pistols
>she then, I shit you not, takes it out of the sleeve and plays it on the turntable
>my turntable was set weirdly from earlier so it skips the first track and goes straight to "Bodies"
>she starts singing along to the song while my mom and the other church families are eating cake and silently staring at us
>i never saw that coworker ever again after that night
I know that is kind of a lame story, but I thought it was pretty funny when it happened.
>>
>>52043673
but anon women are memes
>>
>>52043673

and i'm telling you its going to be very difficult to find a girl into shabazz palaces unless you go to a concert of theirs and hit on every chick there
>>
>>52043739

you should have invited her to your room to bone
>>
>talking about music to anyone
I just try to change the subject.
>>
>>52043776
You're probably right, but its like I have to pretend to like some shit so they dont go full retard on me. If a girl puts her music on at a party you better like it or pretend to if you wanna get with her.
>>
>on transit
>see qt girl with shopping bag by her feet
>can see through bag it's an LP
>it's The Wall
>say nothing because beta af

on the one hand, I love pink floyd, on the other, the wall isn't even a top 5 pf album, on the other other hand, the odds of a qt liking pink floyd and listening to lps is low
>>
>>52043827
That's genius
>>
>>52043831

i'm pretty decent with girls, so i'm just gonna tell you a lot if you're trying to hit it off with a girl most of what you do is going to be pretending
>>
>>52042354
punk isn't cool anymore
>>
Lads, sometimes I get the desire to say stupid shit like you guys say but you have to suppress it to make life better and easier.

This way everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.
>>
>Couple of weeks ago
>One-on-one with professor on what to write my paper on.
>While I wait for the other person, listening to vaporwave on my tablet
>Calls me in, sees my background is vaporwave
>He's a media studies professor so everything is 3deep5me to him because he reaches so far
>Listen to it because of the dank vibes
>Forced to make bullshit up and pretends it's some hypermeta thing
>He's so fucking enthralled by Tim and Eric: The Genre that he outright forces me to write about it

14 page paper on vaporwave due tomorrow.
>>
>>52043961

i only talk shit about taste in music to my friends

at least they can handle the bantz unlike a girl i've just met
>>
>>52040864
Lel
>>
>>52043978
>make up bullshit up
are you really this beta
>>
File: 1417828558103.gif (2MB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1417828558103.gif
2MB, 352x288px
>>52043978

>being a comm major
>>
>>52042618
le tips to le patrician :^)
>>
>>52043990

That shits fine it's when you're doing it to people you don't know at all.
>>
>>52044081

yeah i just don't get saying i have superior music taste to somebody i don't know

i'm just gonna assume i do, i don't have to tell them :^)
>>
>>52043925
never was lol
>>
>>52044106
Personally I just want to meet ppl with interesting taste in music
>>
>Talking to guy at work
>Mention Pink Floyd
>"Who's that?"
>What? Haven't you ever heard of DSOTM?
>"What? the Transformers movie?"
>>
>met girlfriend because i was wearing a spiderland shirt
>>
this is music why the fuck are you posting adventure time you idiot HUHUHUHUH fucking retard
>>
>>52040265
you should've just mentioned it's an influential album cover and showed her brain damage you absolute beta

also
>>phone background is DSOTM album art
>>
>>52044284

>she came up to me and said
>mama mia
>>
>>52043216
>[s4s] cultural ambassador
lel
>>
>>52041157
>"I respect that stuff, but it's not really for me"
a true patrician
>>
>>52043115
probably does not play an instrument or performed in his life
>>
>>52043664
>Nah fam
>>
>>52042745
Yep, my friend has an old iPod classic in his car filled with shit from when he was in highschool. 21 now and it's still the same shit.

It's also almost exclusively filled with pop punk shit like Blink 182.
>>
>>52043978
>Tim and Eric: The Genre
lel
I'm stealing this
>>
File: OHYEA.jpg (16KB, 472x358px)
OHYEA.jpg
16KB, 472x358px
> work at local comic shop on weekends for a few months
> have to quit. Interfering with school/personal life
>Some girl replaces me
> Go on weekends to get stuff and see old coworkers
> Tattoo on her arm
> That's totally Colors
> Point it out
> She's ecstatic that someone finally knew
> talk about BTBAM a good bit. I got to go
> Next week back again
> Talking about music again. Animals as Leaders show coming up.
> She finds it in the city paper.
> Look for the Dope Body release show (city paper had someone take pictures)
> Can't find but I mention I went to the show
> She had friends go but didn't end up herself
> Ask if she listened to Lifer yet
> nope.jpg
> Get cd from car and let her borrow
> Add her on FB and head home
> She messages later that night about how much she loves the album.
> Real in depth conversation about the album.
> Spend the next few hours talking about music.
> Totally have the same taste but we have listened to a lot of different things.
> Get number and talk a lot. Music mostly.
> One night pick her up.
> Drive around just listening to cds
> Brought up before about our love for ITAOTS
> She has it burnt on cd
> Burnt cds don't work in my car anymore.
> Sadness.jpg
> Fuck it lets give it a try.
> After a few tries it finally works.
> 1:30 driving around and we both sing the whole album together.
> mfw life is good
Seriously. It's too awesome when you have someone irl to geek out about music with.
>>
>>52045251
I know those feels. So rare to find someone like that, but it's great when you do.
>>
>>52043673
>i'm searching for a girl with whom I can share my interest in music

that's literally like the least important aspect of a bitch
>>
>>52045397
Yeah it's nice. She constantly says how awesome it is we met because no one else really listens to music like we do.
>>
>>52040491
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority
>>
>what kind of music do you like
>a lot, but recently i've been listening to a lot of black metal
>is that like death metal
this has happened multiple times in the last 2 or 3 months
>>
>>52045251
Right in the feels wish I knew a at who liked btbam
>>
>Go to on a 3 hour trip to see black metal band Wolves in the Throne Room.
>take girlfriend who invites her fiend who invites her friend.
>let's call the friend of the friend blondie
>dumbest cunt I have ever met.
>playing WitTR to get me pumped
>blondie on phone to her equally dumb boyfriend
>"yeah I'm in the car with anon, he listens to emo music, and he drives like a grandma"
>>
>>52045934
I knew a girl once who had Selkies on her phone. She was fat though and is only getting fatter.
I got Desert of Song on my driving playlist and if any gril doesn't like it she can eat shit
>>
>>52046002
Also
>"I love black sabbath"
>black sabbath? Never heard of em
>>
File: 1417423190212.jpg (54KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1417423190212.jpg
54KB, 500x364px
>>52046002
>emo
>she basically called you out for listening to forest rock
>in real life
>>
>>52042745
both of my older sisters are like this but occasionally I try to show them new stuff and then they want single tracks of an album.
>>
>>52046002
>driving like a grandma
the true pleb is exposed
>>
>>52046041
>WitTR
>forest rock
It's cascadian black metal
>>
>talk to friends about music sometimes
>they like music I don't care for
>I like music they don't care for
>No one gets in an absurd dick measuring contest about taste
>we move on and talk about other things
>occasionally someone has some interest in the music I have on and I put the song on their music player
>"thanks anon"
>tfw not in highschool anymore
>tfw musical preferences aren't a competition

great feelings all around.
>>
>>52046029
>Never heard of em

that's better for her
>>
>>52042745
>tfw you want to be the opposite of this
>tfw want to be an 100 year old man one day pirating drone albums
>>
>>52046080

its forest rock homie
>>
>>52046080
that's beside the point
the fact that a basic bitch condescended to him for listening to WITTR is funny to me. Like just imagine her being super pretentious about music
>>
>>52046136
Could you please define what you mean by forest rock ?
>INB4 lists only 'forest rock' band names without actually defining anything.
>>
>>52043115
>Am I cool yet guys?
>>
>>52046193

they're from the forest

literally my only reasoning for calling them that
>>
>>52046193
it's a joke
it's meant to be an insult like from the perspective of a father walking in on his son listening to Burzum
>"bunch a queers listening to their forest rock again"
>>
>>52046213
k
>>
>>52046168
> like OMG you guys ! Have you heard the latest Impiety record? I am thinking of getting their patch to match my hair extensions.
>>
>>52046193
pretty sure it's a joke that plays on the fact that a lot of bm bands just yell and philosophize and stand in forests as their image
>>
>>52046285
Isn't forestrock a memegenre though? like oceangrunge?
>>
File: woman-disgusted-hand-up.jpg (52KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
woman-disgusted-hand-up.jpg
52KB, 300x250px
>>52046251
>that DsO album is shit. you need to step it up
>>
>>52046285
>be german
>in freshmen week
>all new people there
>drink a lot
>ask everyone if they listen to hardcore techno
>no one listens to it
>start singing Army Of Hardcore
>too drunk to realize its awkward
>nobody cares because I'm a funny as fuck dude and I drank a lot

germany is great
>>
Whenever I'm listening to music on my speakers/computer and my roommate comes home he asks "what are you watching?"

Whenever a friend of mine and I listen to classical music together he'll use theory to justify liking or disliking everything he likes/dislikes
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>52046357

>he still think they're laughing with him and not at him
>>
File: 579874.jpg (36KB, 498x612px) Image search: [Google]
579874.jpg
36KB, 498x612px
>Bring up the Knife in a presentation about gender bending in music
>Guy I want to fuck comes up to me he loves the Knife and wants to hear more of the music
>Agree to make him a playlist and email it to him
>Next time we're in class
>Tells me he really hated it and says he only likes one song from them
>It's a song by Knife Party
>>
>>52046485
lmao
>>
>>52042398
that's pretty fucking great honestly
>>
>>52042502
"My dreamgirl don't exist."
>>
File: 1409843691569.jpg (90KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1409843691569.jpg
90KB, 500x371px
>>52039803
>in class
>hear some guy singing "[something something] on a tuesday"
>didn't know it was an actual song
>start singing "i think it's cause i ate too much food, hey!" in cal chuchesta's voice
>gives me a look like i killed his dog
>>
File: 1418358217178.jpg (575KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1418358217178.jpg
575KB, 2048x1371px
>>52047215
He gave you that look because he knew you were a fantano-core plebian faggot anon. I don't feel sorry for you, you filthy degenrate. :^)
>>
I'm not sure how this happened exactly, but our workplace turned metal as fuck. Well, I ended up being the guy that listens to the cheesy Japanese metal shit and other general nonsense. Couple other guys do death metal and grindcore all day. It's an interesting mix. Most people seem to respect my music tastes although I do kind of miss the days where I could freak out people by simply playing avant-garde stuff.
>>
>>52045840
It's a lot like black metal, and the two genres share common ancestry with thrash metal. Not a stupid question at all.
>>
>>52046002
I saw WitTR in Portland. Awesome show, but they didn't play a long enough set. Would see again.
>>
>>52045251
that warmed my heart anon
>>
>>52040864

kek
>>
>>52047425
Not really. Black metal and death metal kind of went in opposite directions from thrash. Anything they share, they share with thrash as well.

Anyways, it's funny to me that "death metal" is such a well-known phrase despite the genre itself remaining relatively obscure (compared to say, thrash or metalcore).
>>
>>52047608
Same with "screamo."
>>
File: bear.jpg (29KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
29KB, 350x210px
>listening to Mr. Oizo's new album at work

Coworker: "cool this sounds like Caravan Palaces"

>I just don't even what
>>
File: ferrets.jpg (45KB, 598x413px) Image search: [Google]
ferrets.jpg
45KB, 598x413px
>>52047761
another one.

>working in com lab
>overhear two kids talking
"Have you heard of this band, Deerhunter?"
>at this point get interested
"They're pretty obscure. You probably haven't heard of them."
>uh okay
"I mean, they'd be lucky to get like 1000 youtube views on one of their videos."
>open up deerhunter video
>almost 1 million views
>>
>>52040400
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oooooooooo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>group of friends driving to a college town
>half of us are big Fall of Troy fans
>put on Doppleganger
>one friend hasn't heard it before
>"It's kind of cool but they're trying too hard"
>>
>>52047215

I actually had a similar experience a few days ago. A guy in my program mentioned that song and I looked at him really weird because I wasn't sure if he was a Cal Chuchesta fan or if there was actually another song called this.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.