[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is a good inexpensive, drum machine? I want to purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (85KB, 790x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 790x482px
what is a good inexpensive, drum machine? I want to purchase my first drum machine to make bedroom jams along w/sum fast guitar riffs. I also like hip hop, so I would like a versatile drum machine that can do both punk & hip hop I guess. I'm thinking of buying the one in pic related. any suggestions?
>>
Korg Volca Beats is an alright 808-alike.
$150 new.
>>
Hey I have a 505

They're pretty great but would be a million times better with individual outs

If you can get it real cheap go for it. If not look for an alesis sr16
>>
>>51994775
There are a shitload of cheap lofi 80s drum machines that people sell cheap on ebay because they don't say roland on them. This Kawai R-100 goes way harder than a 909 imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5myTDqDQfE
>>51994810
Probably the best new one.
>>
>>51994880
yeah, I kind of want a cheap 80s drum machine, but also would like to hook up pedals to it & such
>>
File: LPD8-A-correct-size.jpg (43KB, 535x357px) Image search: [Google]
LPD8-A-correct-size.jpg
43KB, 535x357px
I bought an Akai LPD8 for 30 quid

was going to invest in something more expensive but thought I should take it slow

Does the job fine when its used with logic
>>
>>51994878
you think $120 for a 505 is a good price? also how do you like yours, can you tell me some features?
>>
>>51995253
That's not too bad of a price but I got mine for half that. It is pretty solid and easy to program when you get used to it, all of the sounds are pretty nice and its great to trigger or be triggered through midi. Only problem is since there are no individual outs if you put it through a guitar pedal all the sounds are going to be affected.
>>
>>51995187
Like guitar pedals or an e drum set? Any drum machine you get can go through guitar pedals, it might be a pain without individual outs though. For it's time that R-100 was an extreme piece of studio gear. Even something like an R-50 would be better since it's more akin to a 707. The price of old Roland gear is super inflated now, so it's not really the best time to buy it.
>>
>>51995357
affected in a bad way or?
>>
>>51995405
Well that's up to you. It just means you cannot throw only reverb onto the snare and hats or overdrive onto just the bass.

You can mod it to have separate outs but I haven't tried yet.
>>
>>51995380
yeahh, I want to maybe put a reverb pedal & can't find any kawais for sale
D x
>>
>>51995469
Doesn't the 626 have independent outs?
>>
>>51994775
Pirating a DAW maybe a better option for you given your circumstances, unless you need this for playing gigs.
>>
>>51995510
Try yamaha or alesis. Use the synth finder on here and search for drum machines.
http://www.vintagesynth.com/
>>
>>51995510
The Kawais come up sometimes. Other options are Korg DDD-1 and DDD-5, Yamaha RX (RX5, RX7 and RX11 are the best, but the others are usable), Roland R8, Boss DR-770, etc.

I think it's best to not use a shitty drum machine as a stand-in for real drums. Program it in a way that takes advantage of the mechanical nature of it, like Big Black.
>>
>>51995575
yeahh, I want to play gigs w/it
>>
>>51995192
What's the difference between this and, say, a Novation Launch Control? As far as I can tell they have the same controls, but the Launch Control is more expensive.
>>
>>51995601
>Alesis
yeah I forgot about Alesis. Ween used the HR-16.
>>
>>51996040
HR-16 is the best drum machine for when you need to make patterns and file your taxes
>>
File: YamahaRX-17.jpg (278KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
YamahaRX-17.jpg
278KB, 1280x960px
>>51994775

I like my Yamaha RX-17, and it's dirt cheap.
>>
>>51994775
I owned a 505 and it was awesome. highly recommend. I named mine Nixon
>>
>>51997934
Brand?
>>
>>51997861
damn jelly
>>
Is there an advantage to having a drum machine over downloading sampled drum machines and then just using an mp3 player or something for playing loops back live?
>>
Get an Alesis SR-16; become early Ween.
>>
Drum machine was 2 decades ago man
>>
a dude probably...
i wish i actually knew but i don't sorry for the shitpost.
>>
>>51998368
With a drum machine you can change patterns on the fly, and sometimes reprogram them.

>>51998306
psh, I have an RX5 and RY30
>>
Get a Boss DR-5. Shitloads of different drum sounds and god-tier pads.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.