[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately this board has been nearly completely void of any productive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: blf.png (15KB, 1317x156px) Image search: [Google]
blf.png
15KB, 1317x156px
Lately this board has been nearly completely void of any productive discussion. If anyone usually lurking is reading this, could you explain to me why you spend your time here (or why you think you do)? Are you holding out for an occasionally interesting post to converse? Do you spend most of your time in the genre generals, as the gimmicks/shitposts/memes are less prevalent there? Or are you just browsing 4chan excessively out of habit? If you do shitpost often, what are your motives behind it? Do you think the staff should intervene at all? Do you feel you're doing enough on your part to help /mu/?
I'd be grateful if you could all help me to figure out where the board stands in regards to itself - I know 'meta threads don't do anything to help', but we're pretty far past that stage at this point.
>>
I'm just here for the sharethreads. I ignore every other thread. I don't make requests - I read descriptions of shares, listen to stuff i find interesting, and download the stuff I like. Sometimes I share things of my own too. That's the extent of my interaction with /mu/.
>>
>>51928485
>lately

This board has been shit since about 2010, who the fuck comes here for actual music discussion?

>>51928511
>muh spoonfeeding
>>
>/mu/ wants new music
>new music available to them in many places, they are just too lazy to look for it
>when it gets brought to them its called a meme
>they would rather post memes than listen to their so called 'meme albums'
>albums are not really memes, they just see them that way because literally everything else posted here is a meme
>>
>>51928485
Its all in your head faggot. A side effect of spending too much time here to the point that this board starts holding a lot more importance in your life than it should. Most percoeves drops in quality can be explained by you being a faggot of the highest calibre who lacks a properly functioning real life life.
>>
>>51928586
On the contrary, I've been spending much less time here lately (and brought this up to see if I could justify the fact that I come here at all). There's no need to project.
>>
As someone who has been visiting this board for over 4 years I can tell you right now, on Friday and Saturday nights there is a HUGE influx of shitposting -

this is because most people here have no friends or social lives because of their crushing autism/insecurities, but at the same time they crave social interaction.

Subconsciously aware that everyone else their age is outside with friends getting drunk and having fun, they seek their own way to let loose and have fun on the weekend. Through shitposting and meme'ing they achieve this thrill, and by Sunday morning the retardation dies down again
>>
>>51928640
ayyy lmao
>>
im lonely

i dont give a shit about anything else

use music blogs and other sites for actual music discovery
>>
>>51928640
ayyyy lmaooo
>>
>>51928485
it's getting discouraging. I keep hoping something will come up. Some times there are keks but mostly it's either criminally unfunny or just a rehash of /mu/ buzzwords.
>>
I've been here for a month or so. I've gotten used to the bullshit. A lot of the opinions expressed on this board, though asserted as fact, are wrong in doing so but at least give an interesting perspective.
>>
I just like how all the music news is filtered through a shitpost lens
>>
>>51928783
To be more clear, I'm still here because I'm lonely and out of habit (I stopped using Twitter because I checked it constantly and it was just stupid unfunny bullshit from people I knew from back home. /mu/ is also bullshit but at least I've found some cool music out of it).
>>
>>51928485
i dont know any alternative
>>
>>51928828
at least i find some good music here, tumblr is shit for music discussion and stuff
>>
I think shit went down when the first answer to album threads stopped being an insult to that same album, which propelled a downpoor of constructive music discussion. Now there are too many people saying "mah nigga" instead of "OP is a faggot"
>>
>>51928485
I feel like it's a waste coming here recently, I've never actually discovered any music on here I've enjoyed and I only sometimes have an actual music discussion with someone.
>>
>>51928783
>I've gotten used to the bullshit
Well when you've been here for longer than a few weeks I assure you you'll start to tire of it.
>>
because I don't know how to stop. Everything else on the internet seems boring, but now I don't even get any enjoyment from 4chan either. It's gotten to the point where there is almost no discussion being had, just pointless arguing and buzzwords. The same thread topics, the same replies, it's all just headache inducing at this point. Once in a while i'll read a good, informative post but those are few and far between.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.