[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genres you dislike and detailed explanations of why. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 1411949807207.jpg (56KB, 573x441px) Image search: [Google]
1411949807207.jpg
56KB, 573x441px
Genres you dislike and detailed explanations of why.

I'll start:
Any Djent besides Meshuggah: because it's not really written towards any kind aesthetic or musical beauty. The only time I even have to come into contact with it is gear nerds who noodle on 8 strings on Youtube. It doesn;t have the frenetic lustful energy of math rock or experimental rock like Hella. It just sounds like metal core with Parkinson's and metalcore itself as a genre struggles to sound heavy or even angry at this point, just cliche.
>>
>metal

I'm a fully grown adult with a social life who actually respects music.
>>
>>51830103
Well it didn't stop you from shitposting, now did it.
>>
>>51830165
Opinions aren't shitposting, why can't you accept people don't like your shitty genre?
>>
>>51830185
>opinions aren't shitposting
yeah but shitposting is
>>
>>51830208
>Someone insults your glorious metal
>WAAAAH SHITPOSTING WAAAAH
>>
>>51830039
You might like TesseracT

>>51830103
Ebin
>>
>>51830223
wow you're on a roll
>>
>>51830185
>>51830223
Back to rap thread, nigger
>>
>shoegaze

I'm a fully grown adult with a social life who actually respects music.
>>
File: kek-kek-kek.jpg (101KB, 366x725px) Image search: [Google]
kek-kek-kek.jpg
101KB, 366x725px
>>51830308
>>
>>51830185
>detailed explanations of why

You didn't do that.
>>
> country
Not an in-bred trailer trash piece of shit with an IQ of 75
>post-grunge
self-explanatory
>progressive rock
The favorite genre of autistic neckbeards who fancy themselves superior to their peers because of "le epic time signature xD", fifteen minute "operatic" guitar solos and five-act suites about Mushroom Kings. No fucking thanks.
>reggae
It all sounds the fucking same. Plus, niggers.
>emo
Music for whiny suburban sheltered white fags and SJW tumblrinas. Not a fan of pubescent vocals either.
>>
>>51830682
OP here, forgot one.

>metal
"Edgy" music that insists upon itself, tries to present itself as masculine but tends to be the favorite genre of pimply, socially unadjusted males. "Loud" music that insists upon itself, lacks the raw, abrasive energy of punk.
>>
>>51830682
>progressive rock
>The favorite genre of autistic neckbeards who fancy themselves superior to their peers because of "le epic time signature xD", fifteen minute "operatic" guitar solos and five-act suites about Mushroom Kings. No fucking thanks
You know nothing about prog, retard
>>
File: 1413666845755.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1413666845755.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>51830769
>"Loud" music that insists upon itself, lacks the raw, abrasive energy of punk
>>
>>51830682
What the fuck do you like faggot
>>
Whatever Death Grips is

the beats are harsh and not really pleasing to my ear. I can barely understand what MC Ride is saying and when I do the lyrics hold no meaning for me. I don't enjoy being yelled at.
>>
>>51830682
So you base your musical tastes on the demographics which listen to them.

Have you considered making up your own opinion.

>country
Is entirely shit due to the fact that music is sold based entirely on the lyrics which never reach beyond alcoholism, women, and trucks. The instrumentation is limited almost exclusively to acoustic guitar, clean vocal sound, and a six piece drum set.

>everyone missed the point of this thread
>>
>>51830682
Your opinion on Prog is hilarious. No wonder you hate reggae because it's made by "niggers".
>>
>>51830682
>plud, niggers

>>>/pol/
>>
I'd say metal, heavy metal, death metal..
Which ever is the one with loud guitars and screaming.
Reason: What's the fucking point in it?
>>
>>51830682
This is some strong bait, needs just a little improvement
>>
>>51830103
Metal is hardly a genre. One subgenre of metal could sound nothing like another. Think of the difference between death metal and power metal.
>>
>country
Well, at least the neo-pop-whatever the fuck it is that's huge on the radio. Bunch of try-hard pricks in cowboy boots singing conservative propaganda
>prog rock
you're trying too hard to appreciate music that's intentionally stupid-long and heavily pretentious. it all sucks
>metal
oh boy, drop d tuning and keep strumming the same damn cord over and over followed by an obnoxious and pointless solo. get real.
>edm
>muhh drop
>muhh plur
>noise
if you listen to this I just assume you have some form of schizophrenia. it's not music nor is it enjoyable, people listen to it here to seem edgy

man oh man I am projecting hard today
>>
>>51830967
To express anger, frustration, brutality, anything really. What's the point of any genre?
>>
>>51831025
I can't tell who's serious and who's trolling anymore
>>
>>51831057
the lovely effects of post-irony
>>
File: u are such a dummy.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
u are such a dummy.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>51831025
>All these shitty Prog opinions
>>
>>51831025
literally 13?
>>
>>51831057
idk how to be serious on this website tbh

>>51831146
nope just figuratively or maybe even metaphorically
>>
File: b8m8.png (311KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
b8m8.png
311KB, 680x681px
>>51831146
>>51831119
>>51831057
>>
I don't even know half these genres. I'm purely hip hop and maybe dad rock (my mom listens to it).

What albums show different genres?
>>
List of genres that actually suck
Horrorcore
Crunk
Nu Metal
Glam Metal
Pop Country
Feel free to actually participate with me
>>
>>51831224
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
>>
>>51830553
>kek-kek-kek-kek
I laughed like a retard and spilled my coffee.
>>
I guess pop today. The attempts by pop stars recently to be 'not like other pop stars' is admirable, but it's not really creating any real diversity.
>>
>Metal
Shit lyrics, meme growl vocals, and "masculine" music is always just hilarious. Like go play sports or something
>>
>>51831378
You have never seriously listened to metal then. Who did you listen to? Cannibal Corpse?
>>
> 3rd wave ska
It's usually the vocals that don't do it for me, the two tone shit from the balkans was just so much more bold and raw, third wave just felt watered down
>>
>>51830039
>>51830103
>>51830682
>>51830769
>>51830967
>>51831025
>>51831378
>almost no mentions of hip-hop
I want raptards to leave
>>
>Hip-Hop

Seems like something I'd be into in theory, but I'm too white
>>
>>51831378
>>51831442

This was me. I don't like rap either, but metal gives every other genre of Rock a bad name
>>
>Hip-Hop/Rap

I'm fortunate not to be some <80 IQ subhuman chimp, and I value intricacy and erudite compositional effort in a musical piece.
>>
>>51831610
So, Madvillainy doesn't have cool beats?
>>
>>51831694

Who?
>>
hip-hop because of lack of musical complexity and the very basic formulas that artists are afraid to shy away from. i would say i enjoy some experimental hip-hop, but i can't really even say that, because all the artists i genuinely like are completely separated from the community, and not even considered hip-hop by many. as well as this, there's a real detachment from the mc to the music as the majority don't make their own beats and instead try to mash together a variety of producers ideas that in the end aren't really cohesive.

overall- 4/10 genre
>>
>>51831041
That's what punk is for. Metal feels like a front.
>>
>>51833456
You keep showing your ignorance with every post.Theres alot of metal thats influenced by punk and has the ¨punk¨feel
>>
>>51833536
Hey buddy, that was my first post ITT. Settle down.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.