[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most underdeveloped genre/genre with the most potential?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: joydiv-unknow_03.jpg (438KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
joydiv-unknow_03.jpg
438KB, 1500x1500px
What is the most underdeveloped genre/genre with the most potential?
I would say plunderphonics and post-punk
>>
>Post-punk
>underdeveloped
Confirmed for never having actually listened to it.
>>
>>51767476
How is post-punk not underdeveloped though?
>>
>>51767436
>post-punk
maybe if all you know is joy division
post-punk realized its potential with countless amazing albums.
>>
>>51767436
OCEANGRUNGE
>>
>>51767492
Because post-punk is an umbrella term that refers to about 7 years of pure experimentation.
Everything from The Pop Group to The Cure can be considered post-punk
>>
>>51767492
Considering there's dozens of genres and styles of post punk ranging from synthpop to industrial to power electronics I'd say post punk is pretty developed.
>>
>>51767436
Post-punk is objectively the best subgenre of rock music
>>
File: Vaporwave.jpg (2MB, 807x3018px) Image search: [Google]
Vaporwave.jpg
2MB, 807x3018px
maybe vaporwave? just popped in my head
>>
>>51767476
I think OP means stylistically, as in there havent been enough artists in the genre to see it push foward, as opposed to underdeveloped in the sense of childish or not unique/staleyst
>>
Post-punk isn't my favorite genre but its certainly in the top 10, I feel as if it has the best ratio of good artists to total artists in any popular genre.
>>
>>51767562
If only there were more talented producers making vaporwave.
>>
Retro electro or psychedelic electronica
>>
>>51767562
It's fucking slowed down music to the point of avoiding copyright infringement.
I don't fucking get it.
>>
>>51767534
>>51767543
I could see how it is an umbrella term for all the different subgenres, but I meant underdeveloped like >>51767564 said.
>>
>>51767617
do you get plunderphonics or chopped and screwed? If you do then what's not to get about vaporwave.
>>
totally disagree, there's tons of great work in post-punk. have you heard The Fall
>>
>>51767598
>If only there were more producers making vaporwave.
ftfy. Vektroid goes under a shitload of names to push vaporwave. OPN is one of the only good "vaporwave" artists because he doesn't make vaporwave he makes what he likes.
>>
>>51767624
well you're still wrong
>>
I would agree with plunderphonics because the possibilities with that genre are fucking endless
>>
>>51767436
>What is the most underdeveloped genre/genre with the most potential?
Pretty much every genre opens itself up to limitless expansion. To think some are better/more prime for such a thing than most is pretty closed-minded and more or less against what expression and art means.

Genres in general are pretty terrible but lmao how am i going to describe what kind of music i make without words like ambient or hip-hop or post-punk or plunderphonics.
>>
>>51767643
Chopped and Screwed is equally as lazy. Plunderphonics usually has more finesse in composing with samples.
>>
>>51767667
nah what I said is pretty spot on. there are some good producers making vaporwave but a lot of it is done by people new to producing music
>>
>>51767705
what you see as lazy might be seen as clever or effective to other people.
>>
>>51767742
But the loops are lazy and they really put nothing else on top, is it good on cough syrup or something?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.