[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /mu/. Is there any more DnB like the softer tracks on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Folder.jpg (32KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
32KB, 300x297px
Hey, /mu/.
Is there any more DnB like the softer tracks on this album?
I'm talking Plasticworld, Sounds of Life, Girl in the Fire, Streamline, and Still Grey.
>>
Things is that it's nice but vastly overrated by people who don't know any better. For example, if you liked Plasticworld and Sounds of Life, these 35 LPs have that sort of stuff but are leagues better than HYC (but obviously getting into all this shit takes time which is why no one bothers).

Klute - Lie, Cheat and Steal [Commercial Suicide]
London Elektricity - Billion Dollar Gravy [Hospital Records]
Calibre - Second Sun [Signature Records]
Bachelors of Science - Science Fiction [Horizons Music]
Commix - Call to Mind [Metalheadz]
Utah Jazz - It's A Jazz Thing [Liquid V]
Danny Byrd - Supersized [Hospital Records]
The Brookes Brothers - The Brookes Brothers [Breakbeat Kaos]
SKC - Killing Me Softly [Commercial Suicide]
Mage - If I Could [Kill Inc Drum & Bass]
Mist:i:cal - The Eleventh Hour [Soul:r]
Big Bid - Infinity + Infinity [Good Looking Records]
Cloud 9 - Distant Affairs [Labello Blanco Recordings]
Matrix & Futurebound - Universal Truth [Metro Recordings/Viper Recordings]
Seba - Return To Forever [Combination Records]
Q-Project - Renaissance Man [Hospital Records]
Shapeshifter - Riddim Wise [Truetone Recordings]
Nu:Tone - Brave New World [Hospital Records]
High Contrast - High Society [Hospital Records]
Cyantific - Ghetto Blaster [Hospital Records]
Total Science - Mars Needs...Total Science) [C.I.A]
Makoto - Human Elements [Human Elements]
E-Z Rollers - Dimensions Of Sound [Moving Shadow]
Breakage - This Too Shall Pass [Bassbin]
Break - Resistance [Symmetry Recordings]
Logistics - More Than Alot [Hospital Records]
DJ Marky & XRS - In Rotation [Innerground Records]
Random Movement - Lucky Guess [Innerground Innerground]
Artifical Intelligence - Stand Alone [V Records]
J Majik & Wickaman - Crazy World [Breakbeat Kaos]
Zero T - Cheap Shots [C.I.A]
BCee & Lomax - Real People [Spearhead Records]
Bungle - Memories [Spearhead Records]
Marcus Intalex - 21 [Soul:r]
dBridge - Gemini Principle [Exit Records]
Grooverider - Mysteries of Funk [Higher Ground]
>>
>>51737419
this was a post i remember seeing a while back that i pulled from the archive
>>
>>51737419
These names bring back nostalgia of my DnB phase.
>>
>>51737419
>>51737443
Thanks, man. I'll check them out. That really is the reason I never checked out more DnB since there was so much stuff and I didn't really know where to start.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td2LhvUdkiM
>>
>>51737559
This is good, thanks.
>>
>>51737559
This and Calibre - Shelflife 3 are the best Liquid Funk albums of this year.

Calibre - Second Sun is the eternal GOAT Liquid Funk album. Nothing will ever be better than it.
>>
>>51737559
This cover looks just like SBTRKT's mask.
>>
>>51737308
man dat nostalgia
sorry to ruin your thread but

>Best song
Fasten your Seatbelt
>Runner up
Slam
>Worst song
The Terminal
>>
Also check out some older Spectrasoul and State of Mind stuff. I can't remember any specific songs since I haven't really listened to Drum and Bass in years.
>>
>>51738455
>diverse
>Pendulum

Pick one. HYX is accessible but that's because over half of it is shit. If you want diversity listen to Wax Doctor or Photek/The Truper/The Sentinel, if you want the same shit over and over again and a pale imitation of decent D&B then listen to Pendulum.

Hospital is trying to do now what Pendulum did when HYC came out and unfotunately it looks like it's working.
>>
File: Nodding_Pokeball.gif (122KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Nodding_Pokeball.gif
122KB, 320x240px
>>51738542
>>
>>51738620
Maybe i meant something towards the lines of being one of the only decent fusions of rock(guitar) music and dnb.

OP ignore all of them and check out the Qemists. Then go to Spor, Noisia, and work your way back to techstep.

btw, Hospital now is more embarrassing than Pendulum ever was
>>
>>51737308
You're looking for anything under the Liquid D&B genre.
>>
>>51738542
>Best
Hold Your Colour/Plastic World/Girl In The Fire
>Runner up
Faster Your Seatbelt/Out Here
>Worst Song
Through The Loop
>>
>>51737419
Nice list, Anon.
>>
>>51738678
I always find it weird how Pendulum's sound turned out given they were inspired to make D&B after hearing Bad Company feat. DJ Trace - Nitrous and Konflict - Messiah. Why didn't they just make Techstep then.

The Qemists are Pendulum but actually good. It's painful that Noisia have now been relegated to average tier D&B when they used to be better than pretty much everyone else. And I don't think Spor will ever return after Feed Me's success.

And yeah Hospital's utterly shameless selling out is quite bad to have to experience. At least new Nu:Tone was alright.
>>
>>51738765
New Spor album sometime soon, idk how good it'll be though
>>
Is there actually anything interesting happening in Drum and Bass any more or is it still kind of stagnating? I haven't listened to anything new in probably 4 years at least.

For reference I used to be into stuff like Spectrasoul, Fanu, Dom and Roland, various Neuro and techy things and a bit of harder stuff i.e. Current Value, DJ Hidden
>>
>>51738815
Ed Rush and Optical also have a new LP on the way

should have been out already though
>>
>>51738815
It will be shit. He's spent far too long and got far too much acclaim as Feed Me that it'll be a mere shell of his Shogun Audio/Subtitles/Lifted etc. releases.

>>51738856
The most interesting thing in D&B in recent years is the kind of sound Exit Records/Samurai Music/Critical Recordings are pushing. Some people call it 'Autonomic' after that FabricLive release which was full of mostly that kind of Drum & Bass. Personally I'm not a massive fan of it since the tempo is always too slow for me but I appreciate it still.

Genotype is probably my favourite producer of that variant of D&B but he's a proper OG producer he's got a significant edge on the new guys like Dub Phizix, Skeptical, Ena, Toyko Prose. Enei etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1c4OkO5z08

I think every artist you mentioned in your post has released at least one LP in the last 4 years and they've been pretty good.
>>
>>51738815
i bet it'll be shit. he's seriously taking the piss on his spor fans too. preparing an excuse to whine about its' shitty edm elements he focused on for years probably
>>
>>51738542
>implying plastic world isn't one of the best things pendulum have ever done
>>
>>51738765
>And yeah Hospital's utterly shameless selling out is quite bad to have to experience. At least new Nu:Tone was alright.
Yeah I feel you. They used to be the best label but now they've become so lackluster. Nu:Tone's new one was the best thing to come out on that label in a looooong time.
>>
>>51739787
It is literally their only good post 2010 release. I knew the label was in deep shit when Danny Byrd started putting out shitty tracks.
>>
>>51737308
alix perez - solitary native
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GoVQlWANw
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.