[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What colour are you? I don't know why the maker never added

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: beep.jpg (1MB, 2182x2585px) Image search: [Google]
beep.jpg
1MB, 2182x2585px
What colour are you?

I don't know why the maker never added Acousmatic composition, Berlin School, EAI, Kosmische, Musique concrete, Onkyo, turntable music, tape music or Wandelweiser, call them 'brown'.
>>
>>51586684
Jesus Christ stop trying so fucking hard. It's clear from your namedropping of 'Wandelweisser' that you don't understand the lineage of that music.

You're a piece of shit and I want you to take a moment to reflect on that.
>>
>>51586755
electronic music is electronic music
>>
I'm a rainbow.
>>
>>51587198
You're in red m8
>>
>Chop M Screwed
>>
>GOD TIER
Cyan
Blue

>GREAT TIER
White
Yellow
Grey

>AVERAGE TIER
Red

>SHIT TIER
Green

>HOLY SHIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING TIER
Purple
Orange
Pink
>>
grey but all this time I thought IDM and ambient were more main and downtempo was a sub..

I've always been shit when it comes to genres and labeling
>>
>>51588002
also what the fuck is illbient for that matter
>>
>>51588001
>grime and uk bass shit tier
kill you are self
>>
>>51588005
>Centered in New York City (Brooklyn in particular), illbient is a distinctly and consciously urban form of electronic music, aiming to express both the cultural variety and grimy decay of its surroundings. So dubbed by DJ Spooky (the style's defining artist), Illbient's eclectic, atmospheric pastiches are rooted foremost in ambient music, but may incorporate (in particular) dub, hip-hop, and drum'n'bass, plus occasional ethnic musics that blend well with whatever is already in the musical stew pot. In keeping with the moods suggested by its environment, illbient can be eerie and a little dark, or unpredictable and cloaked in noise, but nearly always retains its deliberate pace and nocturnal vibes.

http://www.allmusic.com/subgenre/illbient-ma0000012348
>>
garridge innit
>>
>>51587940
I listen to more grey than anything
>>
>>51588001
Nu Disco is actually pretty good.
>>
>>51586684
>shit-tier
white, orange, purple
>bearable only with outside influences, otherwise worst-tier
cyan

>great-tier (in order)
Blue
Red
Why is dubstep under UK garbage
Why is idm under downtempo
bleh chart.
>>
>>51588061
>Dubstep /ˈdʌbstɛp/ is a genre that originated in South London, England. It emerged in the late 1990s as a development within a lineage of related styles such as 2-step garage, broken beat, drum and bass, jungle, dub and reggae
>such as 2-step garage
>garage
>>
Oddly enough i'm a little bit of all of them, i'm rainbow?
>>
>>51586684
White and Green probs. Deep House and UK Garage are pretty much my favourite genres
>>
>>51588061
>Why is idm under downtempo

IDM and chillout/downtempo both kinda happened at the same time for non-dance electronic music, downtempo being the music played in club chillout rooms and on the Ibiza beaches at sunrise, IDM for those who were to scared to go to the club in the first place.
>>
can't find my glorious eurobeat. guess it came from italo-disco though to some extent.
>>
>>51588061
Because dubstep is uk garbage except times blander.
>>
white master race
>>
File: 1409503002232.jpg (10KB, 183x200px) Image search: [Google]
1409503002232.jpg
10KB, 183x200px
>>51588061
>shit-tier
>white, orange, purple

>great-tier
>red
>>
>>51588186
lol what

>>51588075
you could make a much more sensible category under dub/reggae and fuse it together with breaks and hip hop.

>>51588203
except when it's more deeply rooted in dub/illbient with less bland and outdated rhythms
>>
>>51588228
Maybe it's just bugging me that you wankers are giving way too much credit to the UK.
>>
white/cyan master race.
>>
File: old man on computer.jpg (32KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
old man on computer.jpg
32KB, 400x267px
>>51588228
>dubstep
>rooted in illbient
>>
>>51588228
Dubstep's rhythms are exactly what makes it bland and boring.
>>
chicago house
>>
I don't limit myself to genres.
>>
Yellow, Orange, White, and Red are the genres I like most.

I don't listen to electronic very much though. More of a twing-twangs type of person.
>>
>cyan

it's teal you nincompoops
>>
>>51588278
>>
>>51588263
+/decent dancehall with dark atmospheres

I don't know. This type of chart cannot be made in a universally agreeable way anyway, so no point in arguing..

It's a shit chart. And thinks emphasizing electronic music is even necessary when music like jazz has influenced every single category more than anything else named here.
>>
>>51588358
It's shit only if you give the trivial influences more priority than the main ones.
>>
>>51588061
>>51588228
>>51588358
you're retarded
>>
File: stephanie.png (180KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
stephanie.png
180KB, 500x322px
>DJ Spooky
>>
>>51586684
That's cool pic but not as cool as this
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
>>
>>51588488
that guide is seriously awful

as in you might think the OP list is bad but compared to Ishkur's guide the OP list is a work of art.
>>
>>51588500
What's bad about it? Could you make a better one?:
>>
>>51588488
Ishkur a shit
>>
>>51588520
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/TheScientist/rym_ultimate_box_set/

ctrl+g "electronic"
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.