[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/jazz/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 21

File: image.jpg (31KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 299x299px
Can we have a jazz general?

Favorite-
Bebop album?
Cool jazz album?
Hard bop album?
Post bop album?
Free jazz album?
Third stream album?
Fusion album?
Post-2000 jazz album?
>>
File: f.jpg (19KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
19KB, 301x300px
>>51525113
>Bebop album?
I dont think I've a favourite one, most of the records are nice to listen to.
I advice YOU ALL to get
Charlie Christian - Live at minton's playhouse

>Cool jazz album?
meh? is cookin' with Miles cool? I like that but Im not into "birth of the cool", and I basically know very little about cool

>Hard bop album?
cannonball adderly - something else

>Post bop album?
a love supreme, olè, juju,

>Free jazz album?
not really "free" but Out to lunch

>Third stream album?
what

>Fusion album?
John mclaughlin - extrapolation
pre-sex music fusion

>Post-2000 jazz album?
n-none y-yet
>>
File: vdx.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
vdx.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
>>51525113
i don't cafre what anyhoen says, machine gun is great free jazz. makes me wanna break shit. how often does jazz, how should i say this, how does jazz JAZZ YOU UP
>>
>>51525113
>Bebop album?
Gotta be The Quintet at Massey.
Boring choice but a well justified one.
>Cool jazz album?
Again, gonna be boring here and say Jim Hall's Concertio. I just adore his tone and I don't feel like anyone bar Davis has really managed to do Spanish influenced jazz that well.
>Hard bop album?
Duke Ellington's Money Jungle because I want to post something else for post bop and I feel like I can just about justify calling this Hard bop.
>Post bop album?
Woody Shaw - The Moontane or Mccoy Tyner - Saharah
The Moontrane because I adore Shaw's playing and how he can manage to sound really technical but still give a very pleasant sounding performance. All while doing really unusual stuff with the trumpet (really big intervals, at really fast tempos really high) and his really unusually bright tone.
Mccoy Tyner because I love how chaotic and passionate it sounds. I like the way Tyner plays and it really suits this album because you get a lot of depth to the playing with the really heavy chords he does with the right hand. When he does Prayer for my family it just sounds so ridiculously full even though it's just him playing. It sounds like there's two people playing at parts of it because his rhythm keeping with both hands is so good. Also: really wide breath of influence. Who knew he could play koto?
>Free jazz album?
Sun Ra- Sleeping Beauty. It's got all of the positive aspects of Space is the place but everything is very calm and serene so it's easy to listen to and I find myself more often in the mood for it than any other Sun Ra album.
>Third stream album?
Charles Mingus - Black Saint. It's Black Saint.
>Fusion album?
Gonna say Soft Machine's Third. I feel like they don't get enough recognition as a group that was doing fusion right at it's conception and that they were working towards the same end point as Miles Davis and got somewhere close to it very shortly after Davis did.
>Post-2000 jazz album?
Chris Potter - The Sirens
>>
File: he's blowing into the wrong end.jpg (133KB, 640x471px) Image search: [Google]
he's blowing into the wrong end.jpg
133KB, 640x471px
>>51525793
Pretty often. There's more tasteful ways of doing it than torturing your instruments too.
>>
>>51525903
Nice taste
>>
>>51525946
>that pic

kek
>>
>>51525974
Literally their wikipedia pic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borbetomagus
They're so avant.
>>51525967
<3
>>
File: cover.jpg (881KB, 907x900px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
881KB, 907x900px
>>51525793
I wouldn't say "it's all about the bass", but almost. bass is really the instrument I care the most about in jazz, and the one that "jazzes me up"

I listened to Mulgrew Miller - The sequel this morning, and, while it was a fine album, I can't help but thinking he's definitely more of a trio man than one for larger formations

atm I'm listening to pic related
>>
File: Moondog_dressed_as_Odin.jpg (14KB, 193x324px) Image search: [Google]
Moondog_dressed_as_Odin.jpg
14KB, 193x324px
>>51525408
>Third stream
Jazz mixed with classical. Not really that big a genre and it probably would have been more appropriate for op to do dixieland or swing or something.
Some alright stuff though, people usually call albums like Black Saint, Sketches of Spain and Electric Bath Third Stream. And Moondog. Gotta love Moondog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSimbyS_YlA
>>
Hey guys, I am looking for some pretty specific recommendations.
I'm looking for:
Free Jazz centered around vocals
and also
Free jazz/improv that's calm and not very dense/loud
>>
>>51526087
Anon: prepare to blow your load.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdeCe6mbHa4
>>
File: cover.jpg (106KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
106KB, 400x360px
>>51526087
not really centered around voice, but Joëlle Léandre often sings or at least does singing exercise in her albums
and I would definitely recommend pic related for calm and not dense improv
>>
>>51526026
Wait shit I know that name! Doesn't he play piano on the Woody Shaw/ Freddie Hubbard collabs? I love the piano on them.
>>
>>51526087
>Free jazz/improv that's calm and not very dense/loud

Check out Dave Ballou. Amongst Ourselves or Dancing Foot
>>
>>51526179
yes, that's him
but he did a lot of stuff as a leader
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
>>51526179
Then you've got to check this out
>>
>Bebop album
ooh that's tough. The Quintet at Massey probably.
>Cool Jazz album
either Cookin' or Birth Of The Cool
>Hard Bop album
Blue Train
>Post-bop
Filles de Killimanjaro
>Free Jazz
The Shape of Jazz To Come
>Third Stream album
the almighty Sketches of Spain of course
>Fusion album
In a Silent Way or Head Hunters
>Post-2000 jazz album
Destinations Unknown
>>
>>51526206
I'll have to give some of them a look then. That he stood out to me as a musician in a session with Freddie Hubbard and Woody Shaw is a testament to how good he is.
>>51526227
You've recommended me at least 4 Sipiagin album. They're always very good mind. Are you still going to meet him?
>>
>>51526319
I was hoping to go see him record his new album in October but that didn't work out. Maybe someday. Really though if you like that 70's style post bop that Shaw and Hubbard were doing you'll love that Sipiagin album.
>>
>>51526319
Alex is such a nice dude. Met him at a gig and asked me a bunch of questions like what my passions are and things. Really cares about the music.
>>
>>51526384
a lot of jazzmen are good people
I think it's because jazz requires listening to others and aims to build a collective work
also they're used to play with a lot of different people so they know how to find one's qualities
>>
>>51525113
Is there a general consensus on which jazz genres are the bets on /mu/? It seems like these threads tend to get a decent mix of styles but I'm not around enough to know if there's a preference.
>>
>>51526640
I guess it would be hard bop or post bop
>>
>>51526752
These plus free jazz are definitely the most popular
>>
>>51525793
>tfw borrowed Straight no Chaser from my local library around 6 months ago and still haven't given it back
I feel guilty for depriving some other guy of this great album.
>>
>>51526932
they don't do anything when you're such late ?
>>
>>51526953
They sent out a letter like 4 months ago and I haven't heard anything since. I'll probably have a huge fine which I'll have to pay if I don't tactically drop it back and leave.
>>
>>51527022
wow, they give you fines ? here they don't give you fines, but each day you're late = 2 more days you can't borrow anything at the library
>>
File: cover art.jpg (455KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cover art.jpg
455KB, 800x800px
>Bebop album?
Bud Powell - The Scene Changes

>Cool jazz album?
Lennie Tristano - Lennie Tristano

>Hard bop album?
Sonny Rollins - Sonny Rollins and the Contemporary Leaders

>Post bop album?
Lee Morgan - Search for the New Land

>Free jazz album?
Don Cherry - Eternal Rhythm

>Third stream album?
Evan Parker & Transatlantic Art Ensemble - Boustrophedon

>Fusion album?
Miles Davis - Live-evil

>Post-2000 jazz album?
Rather vague so
2000s:
Evan Parker & Transatlantic Art Ensemble - Boustrophedon
2010s:
John Butcher - Plume

Currently listening to: Peter Evans - Ghosts
>>
>Bebop album?
Clifford Brown and Max Roach - Study in Brown
>Cool jazz album?
Gerry Mulligan - Night Lights
>Hard bop album?
Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers - Free for All
>Post bop album?
Mal Waldron - The Quest
>Free jazz album?
Ornette Coleman - Free Jazz
>Third stream album?
Charles Mingus - Let My Children Hear Music
>Fusion album?
Freddie Hubbard Red Clay
>Post-2000 jazz album?
Hera - Seven Lines
>>
>>51527566
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>51528387
Start a conversation anon. You need to take ownership of the revival of this thread.
>>
>>51527566
u know ur shit anon.
>>
>>51525113
Your favourite versions of the following standards that aren't the original versions (hard mode: explain why):
>A night in Tunisia
>Caravan
>Body and Soul
>Autumn Leaves
>All the Tings you are
>Round Midnight
>>
Sitting next to jd allen, didier lockwood and siggy davis. What should i ask?
>>
>>51527721
Thanks

>>51528619
Th-thanks?
>>
Just started listening to Bud Powell's stuff, which is the first time I look into jazz piano, and I love it. Anyone got any recommendations for other jazz piano players?
>>
>>51529295
Ask JD if he's more influenced by Shorter or Henderson
>>
>>51528913

>A night in Tunisia
I've only heard two Gillespie versions (one from Afro and one from At Newport) so it doesn't really qualify, but I pick the Newport version
>Caravan
Art Blakey's from the album of the same name. Amazing drum solo along with Workman's great bassline
>Body and Soul
Freddie Hubbard's also from the album of the same name
>Autumn Leaves
Hard to pick between Ryo Fukui, Bill Evans, and Cannonball Adderley. But I do like the piano trio version so I'll go with Evans (though Fukui is close too)
>All the Tings you are
I'll go with Ryo Fukui from his album In New York
>Round Midnight
George Russell from his album Ezz-thetics hands down
>>
>>51529401
Bill Evans
Lennie Tristano
Tommy Flanagan
>>
>>51525113
>Bebop album?
Sonny Side Up

>Cool jazz album?
At The Village Vanguard

>Hard Bop
Moanin' or At Basin Street, Post of this albums capture the essence of Hard Bop very well.

>Post bop album?
A Love Supreme (My favorite album of all time too)

>Third stream album?
Let My Children Hear Music

>Free jazz Album?
Meditations/Symphony For Improviser

>Fusion album?
Headhunters

>Post-2000 jazz album
Fire! - You Liked Me Five Minutes Ago
>>
>>51529511
>Post
both*
>>
>>51529511
>this
these*
>>
>>51529503
If you're the original jazzthreadguy: didn't you do a jazz piano chart? And cheers, yo.
>>
>>51529495
>I've only heard two Gillespie versions
Nigga you need to get on the Art Blakey version of A night in Tunisia. The opening drum solo is phenomenal. I always get so pumped listening to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHKyVJ5YfNU
Also: Quintet at Massey Hall. Listen to that immediately too. Charles Mingus, Max Roach, Dizzy, Charlie Parker and Bud Powell playing together in one of the best jazz concerts in history. Also featuring a lovely version of A night in Tunisia.
>>
>>51526087
Sonny Sharrock - Black Woman applies to both of your requests. It's an incredible album
>>
>>51529639
Believe it or not I haven't heard any of Blakey's classic live albums yet. Only heard his studio stuff. But I have heard Jazz at Massey Hall. I forgot they did Tunisia on there.
>>
>>51529511
>You Liked Me Five Minutes Ago
>opening track
>dat bass ostinato
>Dem really atmospheric drums that float around the piece like a halo as a series of textures with the constant ringing symbols leaving the bass to handle the rhythm
>Mats knowing how to do demented free sax well because he actually knows his shit

Nigga you got a nice choice there. It's not my choice but I support you.
>>
>>51526451
>a lot of jazzmen are good people
funny you say that as most of the jazz giants that we all know and love were really shitty people
>>
>>51528913
>A night in Tunisia
McCoy Tyner's from Today and Tomorrow because it's a very personal and unique take on the standard
>Caravan
Gonzalo Rubalcaba's from The Trio because that reharm
>Body and Soul
Archie Shepp and Richard Davis because I think the harmony and melody of this tune are so strong it makes for a great horn/bass duet tune
>Autumn Leaves
Either the Cannonball version from Something Else or Bill Evans' from Portrait
Actually Jarret's version on the Blue Note box set is great. Orrin Evans has a cool trio version too... It's hard to pick with so many great versions
>All the Tings you are
Dave Ballou has a cool version...
Jim Hall does a cool version in 3
Actually I might have to go with Chris Potter's solo tenor version
>Round Midnight
Bill Evans from California Here I Come
I love when Bill plays Monk tunes. Runner up might be EST's version on their Monk album
>>
>>51529748
Man that album is so unique. Never heard anythin like that in my life before, it completely blew my mind
>>
>>51529596
Yeah in one of the charts I made I did a piano trio section
>>
>>51529726
A night in Tunisia is a studio albums.
It features Wayne Shorter, Bobby Timmons and Lee Morgan.
>>51529813
>McCoy Tyner's from Today and Tomorrow because it's a very personal and unique take on the standard
Great pick. The drums for A Night in Tunisia are usually really frantic but I just really love the way they roll on Tyner's recording. The drum solo where the bass player kinda accents the playing is so cool.
>>51529831
Fire! do a really good job of making this kind of noisy free jazz enjoyable for those of us who aren't really big fans of >>51525946
they definitely know how to compose and write a mean vamp.
>>
File: jtgextended.jpg (2MB, 3000x4593px) Image search: [Google]
jtgextended.jpg
2MB, 3000x4593px
>>51529844
>>51529596
For people interested:
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=zC4kvW4S6mk

>All The Things You Are

In case you haven't yet heard this.
>>
>>51529844
>>51529989
Thank you. Gonna check out Indestructible right away. That cover has won me over, it can't be anything other than good.
>>
>>51530069
That's one of my favorite salsa albums! Not too many people around here are into that. I just did an arrangement of one of the tracks from Indestructible for my Latin band. El Hijo de Obatala
>>
What are some lester young albums that any jazz musician should hear? i already listened to "pres meets teddy" and the first album in his savoy recordings compilation, and i loved every moment.

Also, who are your favorite tenor players /jazz/?
>>
>>51529773
I think that holds true for most music giants.
>>
>>51530248
The Lester Young Trio and his record with the Oscar Peterson trio are essential too
>>
File: AFmorphine.jpg (182KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
AFmorphine.jpg
182KB, 800x585px
>favourite fusion band
Morphine
>>
>>51530313
Already listened to his album with the oscar peterson trio, i remember getting pretty bored with it but i really wasn't in the mood.

Is buddy rich good in that trio album? really not a big fan of his big band.
>>
>>51530449
He's pretty good. He doesn't necessarily stand out.
>>
>>51530147
At first now, I wasn't really into it. I think I tried to actively listen to it too much. I forgot all about it after a few tracks and let it keep playing, and just caught myself digging the album.
>>
>>51531034
Salsa is an interesting genre that way. I never really listened to it much before I started playing it.
>>
File: cover.jpg (848KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
848KB, 1400x1400px
bump
is there anything Dave Holland is bad at ?
>>
>>51532080
Album cover design.
>>
>>51532080
>played with braxton
>played with miles
>played with sam rivers
>played with derek bailey
>leads his owns groups
No. He's a literal god.
>>
>>51532080
Probably not. I think he can pretty much so it all.
>>
>>51532165
well they're simple but not repulsive
it is true that he could use a little more variety and switch from geometric figures to something else

>>51532177
thinking about it, I don't know if there has been such a successful (in terms of liberty to create his own music) bassist leader since Mingus. maybe NHOP ?
>>
>>51532261
Charlie Haden would probably be closer than NHOP
>>
>>51532261
William Parker is one of the leading bassist leaders in free jazz circles, who also has worked with numerous people as a sideman.
>>
File: affiche_final_a4_web640-jpg.jpg (322KB, 640x904px) Image search: [Google]
affiche_final_a4_web640-jpg.jpg
322KB, 640x904px
>>51532348
indeed, Haden also lead a lot of stuff

>>51532388
true, and he also kicks ass solo, as I saw him this year
>>
>>51532519
I'm going to save this poster for future reference.

Jeremiah Cymerman did an interesting interview with Parker on his podcast.

http://www.5049records.com/william-parker
>>
>listening to anything that's not new orleans jazz
>>
>>51532683
>I'm going to save this poster for future reference

in this list I saw William Parker, Hélène Breschand, Jean-François Pauvros, France, Yann Gourdon, Piotr Kurek. all were great, except Kurek who was average (I mean I didn't found his stuff very interesting)

I'll listen to that podcast once Pass it on is over, thanks
>>
File: cover.jpg (525KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
525KB, 700x700px
>>51532694
how about New Orleans funk ?
but seriously, hot jazz and dixieland are ok, but imo they get boring over the time, especially the latter
I like how jazz diversified itself from the original work songs, negro spirituals and ragtimes over the years
>>
File: folder.jpg (49KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
49KB, 497x500px
why do jazz threads always die so suddenly
>>
>>51533265
Because we're mostly looking for a few new suggestions, and then we're busy exploring them.
>>
>>51533265
It's 2 am here. Time for the Americas to take over.
>>
>>51533422
I must admit that after all these years I'm still stuck at around an hour or even more to download an album, so when I see appealing things in the threads, I just note the names and download them, but when comes the time I can finally listen to something the threads are usually over
>>
File: 1413908981699.gif (487KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1413908981699.gif
487KB, 420x315px
>Bebop album?
The Quintet - Jazz at Massey Hall

>Cool jazz album?
The Modern Jazz Quartet - Django

>Hard bop album?
John Coltrane - Giant Steps

>Modal jazz album?
John Coltrane - Live at the Village Vanguard

>Post bop album?
Either Grachan Moncur - Evolution or Woody Shaw & Anthony Braxton - The Iron Men

>Avant-garde album?
Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch! or - Iron Man

>Free jazz album?
Dave Holland - Conference of the Birds

>Third stream album?
Stan Kenton - City of Glass

>Fusion album?
Miles Davis - In a Silent Way

>Post-2000 jazz album?
Dave Holland - Live at Birdland
>>
>>51533475
1:20am here. jazz threads are good because the reply rate is not very high so I often work and check it from time to time
>>
>>51533512
Added a couple of genres because why not. Recs would be appreciated, specially anything with a bass clarinet sounding.

Already love Samuel Rivers.
>>
File: cover.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>51533541
this, without a doubt
>>
>>51528913
>A Night in Tunisia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xncznvkB7S8
It's not necessarily this specific version, but I love when Dizzy plays it with a 6/4 feel. Side note, does anyone have any studio recordings where they play it like this? The closest I have is a Lee Morgan version in 12/8
>Caravan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffDR6JtY1fQ
>Body and Soul
Coleman Hawkins, easily.
>Autumn Leaves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xi-emWNePw
Which version is actually my favorite changes frequently, but this version is really interesting.
>All the Things You Are
Probably Bird, but honestly I'm not familiar with that many versions of this song.
>Round Midnight
The classic Miles Davis version
>>
File: mingus.jpg (178KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mingus.jpg
178KB, 1024x1024px
Here's an interesting piece of trivia I found out today. I'm not sure if everyone knew about this already but it surprised me when I realized it.

I'm taking first semester Latin right now (undergrad) and today I realized that the title Mingus Ah Um comes from how certain adjectives are conjugated in Latin. Basically some adjectives can be masculine, feminine, or neuter depending on context, and each gender is denoted by the endings -us, -a, and -um, respectively. So when talking about adjectives you say the phrase "us a um" a lot, therefore the album title is a joke on his name and elementary latin.
>>
any cello jazz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTuGucAttps

this all i got
>>
File: cover.jpg (149KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
149KB, 800x800px
>>51534475
Sam Jones - Soul society
Oscar Pettiford - The new Oscar Pettiford sextet
François Couturier - Tarkovsky quartet
I do believe Dave Holland made a solo cello album too
>>
>>51534634
thanks, i remember hearing some dave holland solo bass stuff and really enjoying it, ill check em out
>>
>Favorite
giant steps - woody herman
eastern sounds - yusef lateef

>Cool jazz album?
chet baker stuff, hard to pin down which album though
birth of cool - miles davis

>Hard bop album?
soul station - hank mobely
something else - adderly
zoot sims - flower waltz

>Third stream album?
village vanguard sessions - bill evans

>Fusion album?
red clay - freddie hubbard
in a silent way - miles davis
dont know much fusion sorry
>>
File: liner.jpg (2MB, 1600x1589px) Image search: [Google]
liner.jpg
2MB, 1600x1589px
>>51534837
you're welcome
here are the liner notes of the Sam Jones album if you're interested
>>
>>51535058
thanks, i really like the track "deep blue cello" so far.

now im listening to an lp of the last concert by the modern jazz quartet. good shit
>>
>>51526932
>tfw I bought it
>>
>>51532080
Holy fuck this is great
>>
File: 51iE1vTh+cL.jpg (51KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
51iE1vTh+cL.jpg
51KB, 500x496px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp6IqX2ROlA
>>
Can anybody recommend any jazz guitar works? I enjoyed Wes Montgomery's works, but am looking for something more visceral.
>>
>>51525113
>Bebop
Overrated and repetitive.

>Cool Jazz
Is Time Out cool jazz??

>Hard Bop
Blue Train

>Post Bop
Africa/Brass, Ole, or A Love Supreme

>Free Jazz
Bitches Brew

>Third Stream
Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

>Fusion
In A Silent Way

>Post 2000
Without A Net- Wayne Shorter
>>
>>51536516
>Bitches Brew
>Free Jazz

What?
>>
How can you talentless hacks enjoy such shallow music?
>>
>Bebop album
Haven't really explored yet, been meaning to.
>Cool jazz album
Time Out
>Hard bop album
Probably Mingus' Roots and Blues if it counts
>Post bop album
Mingus' Mingus Ah Um
>Free jazz album
Anthony Braxton's Saxophone Improvisations, Series F
>Third stream album?
Moondog's Moondog
>Fusion album?
Davis' Bitches Brew
>Post-2000 jazz album
Jack DeJohnette and Bill Frisell's The Elephant Sleeps But Still Remembers
>>
>>51536539
I understand free jazz to be collective improvisation within the entire band as a unit, rather than improvisations around chord changes or modes. Much of Bitches brew was "free jazz"
>>
>>51532080
Wow I just looked up the lineup on this.

Antonio Hart - alto saxophone, flute
Alex Sipiagin - trumpet
Robin Eubanks - trombone
Mulgrew Miller - piano
Dave Holland - double bass
Eric Harland - drums

Damn. Downloading now.
>>
>>51525113
>bebop
nah
>cool jazz
nah
>hard bop
Yusuf Lateef - Live at Pep's
>post-bop
McCoy Tyner - Sahara
>free jazz
Pharoah Sanders - Izipho Zam (My Gifts)
>third stream
Charles Mingus - Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
>fusion
Batsumi - Batsumi
>post-2000
King Tears Bat Trip - King Tears Bat Trip
>>
>>51537197
>bebop
>cool jazz
>nah

kek
>>
>>51537372
they're boring af sorry
>>
>>51537386
Terrible
>>
>>51527566
is Study in Brown not hard bop?
>>
>>51537643
Nah. It's pretty thoroughly bebop
>>
>>51537709
well RYM, allmusic and this random site (http://hardbop.tripod.com/study.html) both say it's hard bop
>>
Hey guys, i usually listen to west coast cool jazz but now im interested in bop and hard bop.

Basically I'm looking for the fastest, hardest, toe tapping-est rhythm driven bop/jazz/whatever you can find.
Anyone got recs?
>>
>>51538003
Alex Sipiagin- Steppin Zone
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.