[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you first hear of /mu/? Share your stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: Miles_Davis_-_Miles_Smiles.jpg (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Miles_Davis_-_Miles_Smiles.jpg
62KB, 250x250px
How did you first hear of /mu/? Share your stories
>>
I came here from another board, but I don't even remember how I discovered 4chan in the first place.
>>
came here years ago to check out /b/ and what all the fuss was about

/b/ sucked but i stayed for /mu/ because it sucked less
>>
Fantano mentioned it in a stream he did a while back. I am the cancer.
>>
I don't remember how I first started coming to 4chan but I was only browsing /v/ (never went through a /b/ stage but I do remember a shitload of image macros that were being shared in a forum I go to in the early 2000s, that's probably what initially brought me here on occasion). I started coming over here on occasion but I never really listened to music until years after that. I'm on here more than /v/ nowadays.
>>
anthony fantano video "music or meme". i really didn't get it -- i thought memes were strictly images with white impact text on top and bottom lol. been stuck on here since the day he put that video up (and had been following fantano since 2010?)
>>
File: 1383269320040.gif (1MB, 332x311px) Image search: [Google]
1383269320040.gif
1MB, 332x311px
Fantano, like three years ago
>>
No one on earth will believe my story but here it goes. I used to hang out on the site Stickam. I met a woman there I eventually went out with and /mu/'s own based Fantano happened to hangout on the site too before he started to get really popular. We all drifted in vaguely political/philosophical groups on the site and she would talk to him on a regular basis at the time. Anyway he told her about /mu/ and it's sharethreads and then she told me about it. This was about 2010'ish.
>>
>>51513186
How did you find out about Fantano without /mu/?
>>
I came from /v/ mainly.
The year was 2011, I came here and never looked back.
I've been with /mu/ through shit and shittier and it's not getting better but I've known most of my favorite records here.
Thank you fags.
>>
>>51513276
not him (i'm >>51513240) but he had a large amount of subscribers. i would just go through every music blog i could find until i found one that had similar taste to mine so i could find related stuff, and it turned out fantano reviewed all types of stuff other than mainstream hip hop (at the time). i think the first video i saw was his year end list with MGMT congratulations
>>
>>51513102
I was studying in rimbo, Sweden and went to this bar with some friends from the school. We were talking about music and this guy who worked there overheard me mention acid mothers temple and said he love them. So we went back and forth for a while about music and he mentioned 4chan having a cool music board. Years later here I am. Can't remember the guys name though. Hampton or something
>>
>>51513264
>fantano
>telling a girl about /mu/
yeah makes sense
>>
>>51513276
I looked up "music reviews" on YouTube when I was like 15 and his channel came up first.
>>
I honestly don't remember. I remember posting on /b/ back in middle school and leaving for a good 4-5 years. I think there were a few mentions of /mu/ on the ol' turntable.fm which eventually brought me back here.
>>
>>51513102
I've been here for over 4 years and I don't remember how I got here. I think a friend might've told me. I liked the sharethreads and I contributed and thought it was fun so I stayed. I don't browse any other boards on 4chan.

I remember when I first found Fantano. I've been a fan of his blog since before he was a youtube thing. I still like him, even if he's slightly dumber now.
>>
>be /a/non
>think to myself hmm i kind of like music, seeing there is a music board on 4chan i'll go check it out

Been here ever since, it was pretty much because /a/ is a shit hole
>>
started on ultimate-guitar forums, those guys always talked about 4chan and /b/, so I went to /b/, it was amusing for a month, then I found /mu/.
>>
>>51513324
thanks for sharing
>>
went from /b/ to /v/ and /g/ to /mu/ and /fa/
>>
stalking biotroll
don't know why I'm still here
>>
File: dc3.jpg (53KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
dc3.jpg
53KB, 320x320px
Browsing /b/ like your average underage bait. Click on mu ready to cringe on how shit their taste was. The first thread I see is someone posting the /mu/ recommended chart. I see Dinosaur Jr, Pharoah Sanders, Jefferson Airplane on there; I was like 15 and none of my friends had heard of them, so I was like oh ok, maybe /mu/ would be fun to browse.

I click through for about an hour and listen to the shit you guys circlejerk about. Give this gay p4 stuff a listen and after a couple months decide all of it is shit. For 3 years I have come here regularly to talk shit while I obtain good music via other good sources.

The end. night night.
>>
i found it opened up on a 10 yr old's laptop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM
>>
people directed me directly to /b/. It was lame.

then one day I tried 4chan.org, and found out there was a music board.

enlightenment began
>>
File: 1378877111073.png (132KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1378877111073.png
132KB, 500x357px
I've been here for so long I don't even remember
>>
I'd heard about 4chan from the funny memes in 8th grade, didn't start posting in /mu/ until freshman year high school.

My first thread was about some Bassnectar album. I kept bumping it because no one was replying, until some anon told me no one wanted to talk about it because "shitsux".
>>
found about 4chan through these two fags in my class who would openly talk about /b/ and call each other OP. Went on /b/ occasionally. i decided to discover other boards through summer boredom and found this board
>>
File: Laughing2.webm (738KB, 640x480px)
Laughing2.webm
738KB, 640x480px
>>51514434
>and call each other OP
>>
File: 1408047890475.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1408047890475.gif
957KB, 500x418px
>>51514434
>openly talk about /b/ and call each other OP
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 267x200px
>4 years ago
>mfw home board was /ck/
>bored one day and check out /mu/ to see what music people like
>full of pretentious hipsters arguing about pointless shit 24/7
>never left since
>>
I came in late 2008/early 2009 when I was 16 or 17. ITAOTS was my favourite album at the time. I stayed because it was posted in literally every thread back then, and I assumed it meant everyone here liked good music.
I was wrong.
Then, I convinced myself I was right.
>>
Came from /b/ in late 2009
>>
Came from /g/ a couple years ago. Stayed because I'm a pretentious fuck like the rest of you.
>>
File: 1408982145076.jpg (139KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1408982145076.jpg
139KB, 666x666px
Because I heard you guys and gals loved Dragonforce. But alas.
>>
I was a /b/ browsing newfag that first came to 4chan Holiday Season 2005-2006. I forget exactly why I started coming here, but decide to go here by around 2008.
Few months later I fucked off to some other imageboard, then I came back here two years later.
>>
Came to /b/ from the 9fag raids in 2011 when I was 15. Not even lying.

Eventually I started going to boards like /fa/ and /fit/ and found my way here.
>>
saw one of the hip hop essentials images in like 2009, didn't start regularly browsing until directly after someone posted Danny Brown's XXX in a sharethread on its release
>>
File: 1414968988607.jpg (48KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1414968988607.jpg
48KB, 512x512px
>>51513264
Heard about 4chan on Stickam as well. Also the infamous Rolling Stone article that linked /b/ and kiki cannibal. One year there was a new Bob Dylan album coming out and i wanted to see how hyped the music board was about it. /mu/'s been dissapointing me every day since.
>>
>>51515223
>2006 /b/ = 2014 /b/
no u
>>
I remember seeing someone use Fantano as an avatar on another board for whatever reason and eventually ended up here.
>>
>>51514490
>>51514452
it was horrible
>>
on /b/
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.