[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is actually really fucking good...how come no one told

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Days of future passed.jpg (153KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Days of future passed.jpg
153KB, 450x450px
So this is actually really fucking good...how come no one told me about it earlier?
>>
I bought that record today. One of my favorite progressive rock albums
>>
because it's shitty
>>
>>51468423
Can't really get into it. The orchestration just seems slapped on and the songwriting is fairly typical late 60s psychedlic cheese.
>>
Check out On The Threshold of a Dream and A Question of Balance. Two other great releases by The Moody Blues.
>>
>>51468493
Aside from Nights in White Satin, this is basically true. That one song though, when they actually let the band and the orchestra play TOGETHER instead of having an all-Moody Blues section and an all-orchestral section, is just sheer fucking magic, one of the greatest pop songs ever written.
>>
>>51468589
they do that a lot. lunch break was my favorite case though
>>
It's great but I hate the poetry parts
>>
IN TWILIGHT TIME DREAM WITH ME A WHILE
>>
I really cant think of any other band like The Moody Blues
>>
>>51471300
Spiritualized
>>
What is the best Moody Blues album?
>>
PEAK HOUR!
>>
>>51472575
On the Threshold of a Dream
>>
This band is boring as HELL. I keep buying their albums because they're like $1 at the record store but they're all so boring.

>>51471300
Procol Harum, but they're boring too. Goddamn ass end of 60s and 70s art rock right here.
>>
Because on /mu/, we listen to REAL music like Kanye West and Ariana Grande.
>>
>>51471451
No not at all. Spiritualized are much more of an actual Rock group the experiments with free jazz, noise, electronics, and minimalism. Most of their songs function on I-VI-V patterns. Moody blues is much more about melody I guess.
>>
>>51472645
Yeah but Whiter Shade of Pales is one of the best songs of the 60's
>>
>>51474042
I guess I was referring more to the fact that they both have very orchestral instrumentation in their music.
Moody Blues music is far more complex from a songwriting standpoint.
>>
>>51468493
I'll give this to you on tracks like Morning(just another morning), and even Twighlight time a bit but all the other tracks are good, it's just a bit bombastic and uncool. It's not "bad" by any sense of the word but it lacks the restraint and finesse of Forever Changes or Odyssey Oracle.
>>
>>51472575
In Search of the Lost Chord
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.