[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there will never again be multiple daily mediafire sharethreads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

>there will never again be multiple daily mediafire sharethreads posted by genre
>most newfags currently using this board don't even know about the gigs of music you'd get DAILY from lurking /mu/ a couple years ago
>>
>>51334870
try 4 years ago
>>
>gigs of music DAILY
that's an exaggeration

but yeah mediafire was cool
>>
GABAGOOL
>>
>>51334870
grow up
>>
I was so spoiled, it was almost a chore to go through all the share threads, download everything then listen to 300 songs to decide what stayed. And I did it pretty much everyday.

good times
>>
>>51334870
Don't Stop Belivin', OP
>>
>>51334870
it was also a totally different board back then

right now there's a rhcp and Springsteen thread on the front page, it used to be almost nothing but hyping the latest obscure Swedish asia-centric funk jazz album from the 70´s you'd discovered. that's good and bad though because trying to discuss Thom yorkes latest collection of solo tracks would get your accused of being a dad rock faggot.
>>
>>51334902
gigs of music isn't an exaggeration, you only need to download like ten albums to get one GB
>>
>>51334870
It was cool until gorespammer came. He killed those threads and soon mediafire went kaput.
>>
>>51334902
I once downloaded over 2 gigs of under byen bootlegs from a single post in a sharethread

That was a good day
>>
>tfw i used to only be able to keep up to date with /bleep/ music because of based genre threads.

were am i supposed to find dls for weird techno and bass music now
>>
>>51335080
I dont remember gorespammer having more than a minimal impact on sharethreads. it was the great mediafire purge that killed them. my old mediafire acc had like 45000 downloads but after it all got zapped I couldnt be bothered to upload stuff any more
>>
File: 1410100088497.jpg (161KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1410100088497.jpg
161KB, 720x960px
>you will never live in the golden age of megaupload again
>>
>>51334902
it was definitely hit or miss. some days there'd be one good sharethread but on weekends it was easy to have 3 sharethread hit bump limit.

>tfw towards the end some anons set up blogs with some kind of archive feature that would let you view sharethread links you'd missed and you could binge download a hundred albums and spend two days just trying out new music

I especially liked the short lived fad of people posting their last.fm's with their shares so you could see if they're taste sucked or not
>>
>tfw found my favourite album in one of those threads
>tfw continued downloading bucketloads in the hopes that i'd find one i liked just as much

no dice
>>
>>51335175
>the great mediafire purge

That sucked so fucking much. I was despondent for days.
>>
>>51335226
what was the album anon
>>
>>51335175
Well there were times when he derailed threads after just few posts. I also remember that somebody was reporting mediafire folders with organised shoegaze albums etc.
>>
>>51335252
Muscle Snog - Mind Shop

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wiydaj9plzas4j3/Muscle%20Snog%20-%20Mind%20Shop.rar
>>
>>51335112
you have to slog through the awful blogs and garbage ridden YouTube channels like the rest of us anon. some people, not me of course, have been known to hold their nose and search out relevant subreddits on that horrible site.
>>
>>51335239
same here man, I had hundreds of albums uploaded and just didnt have the motivation to reup them or start again somewhere else
>>51335259
I dont think mediafire gave a shit until megaupload got busted and all the other filesharing sites shat themselves and started taking stuff down with or without reports
>>
>>51335009
Sure, but before that it was metal threads half the time
>>
i miss the glorious jazz sharethreads. jazz generals have gone way downhill since they stopped too.
>>
The death of sharethreads was the death of /mu/.

now it's just taste bragging and arguing about genres.

The core group of awesome people who actually loved music and wanted to share it gave way to children who just want to start shit.
>>
>>51335272
Did you ever end up buying it?

>>51335364
I use to share in jazz threads a lot, i would just hit up blogspot and share those links. Felt like a negro god. But people were always grateful.
>>
>>51335361
this is true. The obsession with "brvtul fuckin metul" was insufferable. forgot about that because I never went in those threads but I got the impression your favorite band wasn't a good band unless they were Nordic, unlistenable and confirmed arsonists.
>>
>>51335429
Yeah, I ended up buying the digital album off tenzenmen, and I ended up checking out a lot more Chinese stuff from there. The Generation 6 stuff is pretty neat.
>>
>2008 - 2010 sharethreads on /mu/
mediafire links via blogspots as far as the eyes can see.
>>
File: 1414377125810.jpg (36KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1414377125810.jpg
36KB, 301x300px
The Golden Age is over.

If you're not on what.cd now, you're fucked.
>>
>tfw when people irl asked were to dl music for free and i just smiled internally and told them to go on piratebay.

god i miss real sharethreads. i remember having acces to some accounts that had mostly every jungle and dnb release ever made
>>
>>51335794

>>i remember having acces to some accounts that had mostly every jungle and dnb release ever made

oh man, right in the feels...
>>
>>51334870
is this really a problem? lack of share threads?
>>
>the majority of my favorite albums haven't been heard by almost anybody on /mu/
>try to make threads discussing my favorite musicians 2-3 replies at most
>decide to share them so maybe other people will discover them and it will possibly lead to better discussion
>get called a spoonfeeder and cancer that's killing /mu/

Idiotic anti-sharing feelings are just as much to blame as fileshare purges
>>
I miss that shit. I found some of my favorite albums in those threads.
>>
>>51335882

it's the combination of the lack of, the quality of, and the content of share threads
>>
>implying you can't still get recs here
>implying you can't still get gigs daily by other means
Do you want me to clean your ass for you as well?
Get your own music, you fuckass.
>>
Life is hard
>>
>>51335189
is that bendydick cumberbatch?
>>
File: muchpain.gif (3KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
muchpain.gif
3KB, 251x242px
at least their harddrives won't get cluttered by tons of music that they will never listen to again...
>>
You only got a lot of music from sharethreads if you were new anyway. I remember I lurked sharethreads a lot when I was new, then stopped after a couple months unless there was a genre-specific thread that I was interested in. I also stopped making my own sharethreads once people started bitching in them.
>>
File: 1394928136460.jpg (28KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1394928136460.jpg
28KB, 380x250px
When mega got taken down it was like the burning of the Library of Alexandria, all those rare file we'll never see again.

>tfw all those old blogspots with mega links are useless now
>>
>>51335756
Can't get into what.cd cause of 3g router, only through invites
>fuck me sideways
>>
>>51335239
Oh, yes, I was there too when they died. Made me quit /mu/ for a good few months.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.