[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese music general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: Japanese Essentials.jpg (1MB, 1204x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Essentials.jpg
1MB, 1204x2500px
/mu/, what's your verdict on this chart? Which ones to be removed, which to be added?

What's your recent fave release? Mine's あるゆえ.
>>
>>51232221
Needs Cornelius
>>
File: 5107852.jpg (49KB, 300x293px) Image search: [Google]
5107852.jpg
49KB, 300x293px
AOTY every year
>>
>>51232221
Good chart, though a bit random at the bottom.
>>
>>51232221
Zazen Boys and Envy is almost never discussed here.

Jaku is the more discussed for DJ Krush
La Noiva for Acid Mothers Temple
Hyderomastgroningem for Ruins

A Fushitsusha album would be more fitting for Haino.

Replace High Rise with either Les Rallizes Dénudés or Mainliner
>>
>these are the most discussed albums on the board
>let's make a chart so they are discussed even more

this board is awful
>>
Why does Japan get these treatment but no other country? Is there an Iran general or an America general? Or are you all jut weaboos?
>>
>>51232704
B..but without charts to drone how do I pretend I'm a patrician and superior to redditors?
>>
File: 1375581266108.jpg (371KB, 1200x717px) Image search: [Google]
1375581266108.jpg
371KB, 1200x717px
>>51232722
>>
>>51232221
WEG, Mono, Shugo Tokumaru, Boris, Boredoms, Mouse on the Keys. These are really great. Kashiwa Daisuke wasn't as good as I remebered it to be when I first heard it like 4 years ago. I feel bad about saying that.

Zazen Boys are cool but I need to listen to them more to be able to give them a verdict.
Link related is really funky though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZjYq8-SHw

Not a big fan of Merzbow's music, but I like his views on animal rights. Thumbs up.

Also: I really, really, really need to listen to toe. I feel ashamed that I haven't yet.
>>
>>51232746
And you seem to think its still 2004
>>
>>51232722
Because Japan is a huge country with no close boarders like China and actually produces good music unlike other big countries like Russia?
>>
>>51232221
>What's your recent fave release?
I don't have one. What do you recommend if I like punkish/post-hardcore stuff?

>>51232688
>Zazen Boys and Envy is almost never discussed here.
Not too big on Envy but Mukai Shutoku (and by extent, Zazen Boys) is criminally underrated around here. Most of the Number Girl stuff was god-tier.
>>
>>51232783
Your ignorance of the music around the world is not an excuse.
>>
>>51232704
i remember bringing up that this has already been done and better with Mootkips' Pastebin and the dude creating this said it's not helpful to newcomers because there's too many to choose from

...this is the kind of people we're dealing with here lol
>>
>>51232805
But Russia is shit unless it's the asian stuff. Chna has good bands I'm sure, but since it's much more of a north korea, most of it doesn't reach the west, like Japan bands do. Get my point yet?
>>
>>51232834
>russia is shit unless it's the asian stuff or romantic classical
That's what I meant to say.
>>
>>51232722
/mu/ is basically America general. Japan is America's bitch, culturally.

I think your question is better phrased as "Why does /mu/ only discuss first-world music?"
>>
>>51232722
Because this is 4chan, and a third of the boards on this website is dedicated to weeaboo culture m8.

That's why Japan gets the special treatment. Moot created this shithole website with sucking Japan's cock in mind.
>>
>>51232834
Yes, China and Russia are the only 2 countries, ever.

>>51232848
That too.

This whole board is 98% rap and rock from America and Yuropoor with one thread for Yuropshit EDM.

Fucking awful shite.
>>
>>51232797
But the point of the chart is that the music popular here.
>>
>>51232863
board's 90% american hiphop/rock, 8% obscure yurop metal, and 2% everything else.
>>
>>51232863
then wtf would you want?
>>
File: Gallhammer.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gallhammer.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
What does /japan general/ think of Gallhammer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6balaHGQg38
>>
>>51232863
>Yes, China and Russia are the only 2 countries, ever.

That's not what I meant. I clearly mentioned Japan too so that's three by your logic if you could count.

Also
>what are daily kpop threads
UK, Norway/Scandinavia, Germany, Africa as a whole gets discussed frequently as well.
>>
>>51232764
there are more weebs here than in 2004 bro
>>
>>51232918
he just wants to complain. that's better than making his own thread about the thinks he wants to talk about, right?
>>
>>51232925
damn, didn't know so many people listened to folk music from europe.
>>
>>51232875
>But the point of the chart is that the music popular here.
That's asinine. Why do you need to have a comprehensive list of the albums that /mu/ jerks off over? Why not actually try to show people new things?
>>
>>51232965
I don't know, that's what it says in the chart.
>>
>>51232221
超外人らしい、それ。
>>
>>51232221
Remove World's End Girlfriend andKashiwa Daisuke. Both talentless memehacks
>>
>>51233092
>using the term meme while disparaging something
You sound like a huge tool and that's coming from someone who actually agrees with you.
>>
>>51232221
Looks good overall although I think that Feedbacker is talked about more than Flood and I don't see You Are There brought up, well, ever.
>>
File: gismdet.jpg (137KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gismdet.jpg
137KB, 600x600px
>no japcore
It's a disgrace, Jim
>>
>>51232943
>folk music
African folks gets discussed as does traditional asian stuff from Mongolia etc. When I mentioned norway in particular I was talking about the black metal scene. If you didn't know theres a bunch of threads going on about black metal november.. A lot of it is from yrop, scandinavia in particular.
>>
>>51232991
大和さん行ってください。( ´_ゝ`)
>>
A lot of these are just Japanese people playing very boring Western music. Hardly Japanese. My Dead Girlfriend, Mono? Really?

Some good picks on there though.
>>
>>51232221
Where's Hiromi?
Where's Sigh?
Dang it anon
>>
God Says I Can't Dance seems to be missing.
Also, Pale Machine.
>>
>>51232704
Just gonna give my personal story on this, but I basically knew very little stuff from Japan until yesterday when this chart was made. Now I've got a really nice list of different artists to check out that I feel I'll really enjoy.

Yeah it's not brand new artists to discuss for people who already know them, but what about people who don't? I get what you're saying, but I'm personally grateful that this list was made.
>>
>>51235031
Sigh is a necessity
For some reason I never considered that Hiromi was Japanese... huh...
>>
>>51235143
couldn't you have found out about most of these artists by just lurking a single japan general thread though? I mean the entire list is just supposed to be the albums that are already popular on this board as it is
>>
>>51235304
Yeah, but a list makes it far easier to focus on. It's a general question of laziness really, but it's nice to have a list to immediately check with, rather than checking through a whole thread for artists.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.