[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of vaporwave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: cover.jpg (363KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
363KB, 1000x1000px
What's the appeal of vaporwave?
>>
It's a meme. The broad masses like memes.
Note how the most successful pop music is heavily based on memes.
The less meme there is a piece of music, the less popular is. Example: avant-garde
>>
It's not a "meme"

It is genuinely chill music with a nostalgic element. All the samples make you think of the days of Windows 95 and old grainy TV commercials. I lap it up.
>>
>>51160643
>All the samples make you think of the days of Windows 95 and old grainy TV commercials

Those are memes.

A meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem)[1] is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture."[2] A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme.

Note that memes are not necessarily bad. To the contrary. They just are.

1990s samples are the major meme in vaporwave.
>>
>>51160657
That doesn't make the vaporwave genre itself a meme.

I use memes, am I a meme?
>>
>>51160704
who isnt a meme?
>>
File: classicmu.png (122KB, 1210x329px) Image search: [Google]
classicmu.png
122KB, 1210x329px
I have ONE word filtered.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NghQ_myEPzc
this album makes me feel some type of way
>>
>>51160587
"Whoa I remember that song."
>>
>>51161344
>filtering
Do you not want the authentic /mu/ experience?
>>
>>51160626
How much shit was in your mouth when you typed that?
>>
>>51161693
>Embracing the monotony and empty criticisms, you mongoloid!
>>
>>51161763
*Embrace
>>
>>51160587
does anybody have the link to the bandcamp where the guy uploaded a fake eccojams vol. 2 with just a slowed-down version of Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees?
>>
>>51160729
But what is in a meme? A Vaporwave cassette by any other meme would be just as grainey.
>>
File: 2014 Favorites.jpg (2MB, 1720x903px) Image search: [Google]
2014 Favorites.jpg
2MB, 1720x903px
>>51160587
AOTY

I like vaporwave because it creates a unique atmosphere, it's fun to find the hidden gems among all the shitty releases, and because when I had a mustache I let it be too wide. Do you have a grooming guide for them
>>
The aesthetic
>>
>>51160587
>>51163011
stop viraling that shitty collinjams album fuck I'm getting sick of this shit.
>>
>>51163193
I'm sorry you don't get to enjoy how good it is.
>>
what's with everyone scrounging for 2014 aoty? it's not like there's a fucking awards show or anything. fuck off. I've been new here for the past 4 months and I've never seen such a bunch of faggots getting their panties in a knot over there shitty albums. grow the fuck up.
>>
>>51163311
hey that's pretty cool
nice use of perspective
>>
>>51163346
lel
>>
>>51163346
>>51163371
need a room gaybois?
>>
>>51160729
Damn...
>>
>>51160729
People are genes not memes
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.