[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/'s Music Club

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

Alright you guise, I'm bored and want to design a modest live music venue. This will take some time and effort - few days anyway. Here's what I propose to do:
1. Take design and feature suggestions from /mu/
2. Design the venue in Sketchup for /mu/'s approval
3. Design the venue in acoustic simulation software
4. Design the modal response in FEA software (including under-stage subwoofer channels to tune the room resonance)
4. Create binaural auralizations of the space based on the reverberation and modal response calculations
5. Provide the client (/mu/) with a lovely CGI visual and audio walkthrough of the space. Buy a beer, hear the space, pickup some bitches, etc.

It will be /mu/'s club! Please post any venue suggestions here - general layout, type of venue/room shape and size, etc. I will take the most resonable suggestions and apply my acoustic know-hows to tune the room as perfectly as I can!
>>
>>51030180
penis shaped stage
only sell pabst blue ribbon
no girls with monobrows allowed
>>
>>51030204
I-I don't know if I want a benis shaped stage, but ok that's a suggestion. Pabst is a given, monobrows a given.

I want this to be classy and actually buildable.
>>
>>51030180
>>51030366
seriesly?
your totally make believe anything is possible dream stage has columns running throughout the middle of the space? lemme guess . . . engineer?
no wonder you need a sign to stave off the monobrows.
>>
>>51030452
No that's just an example - not what I'm planning. That hall is a slightly larger version of a *real* chamber orchestra venue. It has poles right through it - ruining visuals completely for many audience members. I had to design the stage surround and ceiling angle, as well as choose all the wall and floor mateials to meet certain speech intelligibility and reverberation specs. I did quite well, considering the architectural shitshow it was.

But this is different, this is just gonna be a bar where some bands play. I want it to look cool and sound nice.
>>
>>51030554
what software do you use for simulations and where can I, cough cough, purchase it?
>>
File: Room_Acoustics.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Room_Acoustics.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
>>51030617
The only three worth their salt that I know about are:
-Odeon (tens of thousands of dollars don't even bother)
-EASE (depending on which modules you need/want ~$5k, there is an EASE Jr Package but you won't be able to do anything of value with it)
-CATT Acoustic (~$1500 but requires you to have a fully functional version ot AutoCAD, and be pretty expert at it, which is a couple thou)

If you can find any of these cracked good luck. I use EASE, and the only cracked version I ever saw someone used failed incessantly, and also didn't work with the deep calculations needed to produce auralizations and credible simulations and predictions.
>>
>>51030180
What will this be, a game or something? A simulator?
>>
>>51030861
It would kick as if it was both, but nah it'll just be a design and a 3D model. The "walkthrough" will just be a video I guess. I don't have the mad skills to turn all this stuff into an interactive tour.
>>
>>51030861
BUT the sound will be binaural and precise to the location in the venue, exactly as it will look and sound! At least that is the plan.
>>51030954
>>
>>51030954
>>51030975
Cool anyway, I'm looking foward to it
>>
I want a large benis in the middle of the pit and that's final. No negotiations anon.
>>
File: mu_club.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mu_club.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
This is all I got so far. It's kinda tough to just make it up from scratch.
>>
Fuck it I'm gonna make it out of wood and stone. Plus acoustic treatments of course. It's gonna be able to survive the pocalypse
>>
Make the stage penis shaped please. With two balls on which the musicians can stand and a long dong that goes into the audience.
>>
>>51031291
NO this isn't U2's tour stage build
>>
>>51031323
pretty please
>>
>>51030756
how abot ease focus 2.2?
rutrk has ease, but that shit is all like in russian
>>
>>51031420
it's also on what.cd
>>
>>51031472
focus is freeware, can't design anything but lets you play with speakers and aiming in 2D

quite helpful in some circles, but not very powerful in actual engineering or design
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How about this for the banner?
>>
>>51030180
Hey OP have you studied/been trained in acoustics or did you just learn stuff yourself like me?

This is a room in my basement that I'm planning on turning into a mixing studio
>>
File: cupola1.jpg (202KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
cupola1.jpg
202KB, 500x505px
like this pic related
>>
try making ur place look different than your typical nightclub

how about a fucking pitchblack room with dim lighting no stage in sight
>>
File: mu Music Club.png (12KB, 1369x783px) Image search: [Google]
mu Music Club.png
12KB, 1369x783px
>>51031676
bahaha nothing that grand.

>>51031570
looks pretty good man! yeah I've got a couple degrees in this stuff. The trick is to get the right amount of reverb/the right reverb time and predelay - tricky in a small room! and of course working-out the room modes and dealing with them is almost more important

Here's the /mu/ club so far. The actual ceiling shape I'll tweak once I get some calculations done
>>
>>51031694
Not gon' lie I like the way you think anon.
>>
>>51031808
well i mean why not? dont put the hype in the performer, put the hype in the music
>>
actually do a boiler room nigga!
>>
>>51032022
Hmmm like, have boilers and a furnace and shit in there? intradesting....
>>
>>51032050
Probably not what he meant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiler_Room_%28music_project%29
>>
>>51032099
sorry im dumb i was under the impression this was an actual club u were gonna make lol
>>
File: fromstage.jpg (491KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fromstage.jpg
491KB, 1920x1080px
here's the view from stage so far

got the bar, entryway, bathrooms, and stage done.
>>
File: comingalongguise.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
comingalongguise.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
Alright got some couches, pool tables, and lamps in here. plus flooring and stuff.

I think this is enough for one night.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.