[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2014 EPS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

Looking for 2014 EP recommendations
These are all the best ones I've found so far
Post your favorites if you can too
>>
>>50604592
NGLY - NGLY
>>
>>50604592
>looking for recs
Dude
Dude
hey, dude
read that sticky dude
>>
>>50604656
Uh..I did...am i missing something?
Read the subject
>>
Godflesh - Decline And Fall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ylzxxDW9es
Perfect Pussy - Say Yes to Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HuEI2ExyMA
Gas Rag - Beats Off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JPi91NLgg0
Gridlink - Longhenna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_wQ10KTTgg
>>
>>50604592
why do people post albums without the names
>>
Sithu Aye - Pulse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50bhIoSnLcA
>>
>>50605497
Because reverse google search exists
>>
File: Priests_Cover.jpg (2MB, 7200x7200px) Image search: [Google]
Priests_Cover.jpg
2MB, 7200x7200px
>>50604592
Container - Adhesive
Donovan Wolfington - Scary Stories You Tell In The Dark
Fennec - Beloved

All of those are generally good, though some are better than otehrs

For me though, the EPOTY has been locked up by Priests - Bodies and Control and Money and Power. Nothing else has even come close yet.
>>
>>50605739
that's an album m8
>>
>>50605643
Kind of tough to reverse google search a 3x3 of various albums though, buddy
>>
>>50605643
for a custom made chart? how would that work?
>>
>>50605753
http://priests.bandcamp.com/album/bodies-and-control-and-money-and-power

and yet....
>>
File: 1379124315160.jpg (51KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
1379124315160.jpg
51KB, 961x759px
>>50605757
>>50605766
do you guys seriously not know how to crop an image
>>
>>50605753
I'm showing 18 minutes
>>
Somehow, posters bothering to simply post titles seems like it would take far less work than cropping images to reverse search them
>>
I dont even know why people post covers anyway

>b-but muh image board fer duh images
>>
>>50605807
>implying length determines whether it's an EP or an album in punk
>>
>>50605816
Here you go lazy fucks
The Baddest Beams - Box Tops for Humiliation
Baths - Ocean Death
Fiendsh - Al Capone
Hell and Mizmor - Hell ::: Mizmor
Man Bites Dog - Man Bites Dog
Oneohtrix Point Never - Commissions I
Pearl White - Pearl White EP
Patch Kit - I Think I'm Going to Throw Up
Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo
>>
>>50605879
oh and I suppose I'm supposed to go find all this music myself

but I'm the lazy one gotcha
>>
>>50605901
Do you need me to hold your hand too?
Is this your first time using the world wide web?
>>
>>50605924
I didnt say I needed anyone to

I'm not the lazy one if I'm supposed to go find the music of someone else's recommendations.
>>
>>50606004
Is it really that hard to google?
>>
>>50606040
I didnt say it was

people just posting covers is annoying thats all
>>
>>50605877
not that poster, but the fact that it is an EP determines that it is an EP, regardless of genre
>>
>>50606175
>>50605877
I completely disregard genre. plenty of grindcore albums are over 30 minutes

based on what I've seen I'm currently marking the cutoff at 27 minutes
>>
and I also think there's a minimum

for example I dont think iron reagan qualifies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fblMH0dPSOk
>>
>>50606221
While I'm pleased you have a system that seems to work for you, I've always found it easiest to base my determination as to whether a collection of songs is an EP or something else to be whether it is released as an EP or not. As of yet, I've never found a situation where this admittedly simplistic method has failed me.
>>
>>50605789

ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID? REALLY YOU SON OF A BITCH?
>>
File: cover.jpg (652KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
652KB, 1500x1500px
my favorite EP this year
>>
>>50606411
nah
>>
>>50606376
I dont think the entire concept lends itself to "failing anyone" except making things unfairly balanced when comparing albums particularly regarding a percentage of quality. its a lot easier to make a 20 minute album at 100% quality than a 40 minute one. so if both are being compared simply in a category of lp then thats not really fair.
>>
>>50606516
I disagree. Even if I accept the idea that it is easier to make a nearly perfect 20 minute album than a 40 minute one (which seems reasonable, though I'd argue the variance in difficulty between the two is far less than you seem to think) the fact that both may be categorized as an LP does not effect a comparison. I'd be more impressed by a 10/10 40 minute album than a 20 minute one (although not by much honestly) because of the extended nature of the album. The fact that they are both labeled as LP does not and should not effect this comparison, as ultimately it is a label of very limited meaning in regards to the quality of the contents of a collection of songs.
>>
>>50606677
so again how are you saying an ep is defined? you're saying that an ep is defined by how many songs it has?

I'm basing it solely on length determined by what I've found to be the average lengths and also I think classic examples e.g. polvo - new dark age ep 25:45
>>
>>50606713
Whether or not a collection of songs is an EP is determined solely based on whether or not it was released as an EP. Bands and labels are remarkably good about labeling their releases. Clearly, length is the most critical factor in making this decision, but it is hardly the sole variable. For instance, Sufjan Stephen's All Delighted People EP clocks in a nearly an hour, which is lengthy by any standards. However, it was explicitly released as an EP rather than and LP, and this fact supersedes any squabbling about length.

Moreover, the fact that it (or anything else) is an EP rather than an LP does not matter in any way whatsoever in regards to their quality. They are merely imperfect labels the intersect various releases. The reason that there is so much disagreement about what constitutes an EP (as opposed to an LP) is simply that there is no concrete aspect that divides the two.
>>
>>50607077
so gas rag is an lp

thats only ten minutes

well to each their own but no fucking way is it an lp when its shorter than the length of even the average ep. not to mention the songs arent even all that short but whoa holy shit its hardcore punk look out this changes everything.
>>
>>50607137
I still don't understand why this bothers you so much. Does it really matter that much whether a release is labeled as an EP or an LP. How does that effect your enjoyment of the music on it?
>>
>>50607162
what in the fuck

because this thread is asking for eps
>>
File: cover.jpg (333KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
333KB, 960x960px
Had it on repeat for the past week
>>
am i old?

is this thread shitty?

why does all this music suck to me?
>>
>>50607180
And?

Yes, in this thread, you are limited to talking about released categorized as EP's. So talk about things that are categorized as EP's. The fact that this is a largely arbitrary label doesn't matter, and outside the confines of this thread, whether something is an EP or LP really has no impact on its quality.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.