[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/blip/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: blip.png (321KB, 438x437px) Image search: [Google]
blip.png
321KB, 438x437px
Discuss Vaporwave, PC Music, Oceangrunge & any other similar microgenre you can think of
>>
pc music is not a microgenre
>>
>>50181879
fuck off nobody cares enough to have this bubblegum bass argument for the 800th time this month
>>
https://soundcloud.com/annie-mac-presents/free-music-monday-sophie
dont mind me just the best sophie track
>>
>>50181870
>oceangrunge
jesus fucking christ what is this world coming to
>muh tumblrcore aesthetic ~vaporwave~
>>
>>50182032
Noice
>>
>>50182179
nothing to do with the associated aesthetic they sound completely fucking different, weak waves has very little in common with floral shoppe
>>
>>50182179
2015 is the year of oceangrunge

QUICK! make your oceangrunge album so you will be essential early 2016
>>
>>50182231
2015 is the year of bbass
>>
is this the end of /blip/
>>
What is your favorite Tonefield music?
Discovered it recently and I am in love with it
>>
>>50186116
what is it?
>>
>>50182032
fuck yeah. the blend is really nice. my fave sophie
>>
>>50181870

Stop associating vaporwave with complete fucking shit like oceangrunge and "bubblegum bass"

Oceangrunge is about 3 people and PC music will die in about 3-6 months when people get bored of listening to music ironically
>>
this is pathetic
>>
>>50186384
>when people get bored of listening to music ironically
it's legit good, lol
>>
Is there a chart for oceangrunge?
>>
oi m8s, reminder that...

/bleep/ > /bloop/ = /blip/

all day, everyday
>>
>>50186825

Ouch bro.
>>
>>50186331
I discovered this last week
Anon said to me its basically the convert color field painting genre to music people used to post here.
He said some anons decided to viral this genre years ago but few cared.

The genre is basically this

1-song is mono
2-song start with a totally silent part with at least 1 second or with a tone with at least one second (this specific tone here must have same frequency, volume and waveform during its entire lenght).
3 end the song or -continue the song with a totally silent part with at least 1 second or with a new tone with at least one second (this specific tone here must have same frequency, volume and waveform during its entire lenght). This happen without fade in or fade out.
4-end the song or go back to 3

here are the link with some albums, a guy gave me
http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/84066213/file.html
>>
File: tokyoexchange-metropolis.jpg (178KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tokyoexchange-metropolis.jpg
178KB, 1000x1000px
>>50186765

Bumping
>>
ocean grunge meme seems like rehash of seapunk meme.
PC music seems like tumblr trying to rip off vaporwave.

So in conclusion u r gay
>>
>>50187090
and tonefield thing posted by the guy?
>>
>>50187013
wtf this is called onkyo. check out Sachiko M
>>
>>50187187
>wtf this is called onkyo. check out Sachiko M
this is a more specific form of what sachiko m do.
sachiko m tones can have more less than one second and more than one tone can be played at same time and song can be sterero.

tonefield is more minimalistic
>>
>>50186765
Sea of Dogs, Zhutchka, Heroin In Atlantis

You've now experienced all the genre has to offer.
>>
i think PC Music is a social experiment: make overtly bad music with some aesthetic postmodern conceptual bs sprinkled on top and see how many people jump on board just for the sake of being hip
>>
>>50187175
>>50187013
>>50186116
>>50186331
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRV2XU0sy98
holy shit you guys are idiots. this is already a thing. it was done in 1999.
>>
I don't know why people say PC Music is bad

if it didn't have the shallow lyrics over the top and was just the music then i doubt anyone would be saying that
>>
http://simplem.bandcamp.com/album/projection-centre
My new album is here, people seem to like it... Tell me what you guys think
>>
The people that say PC Music is bad have to hate the present.
>>
i never realized how fucking retarded people actually are until just recently.

"so bad its good". "its not lazy, its the message that matters". "we steal other peoples music and chop it up... very new and punk concept"

news flash you fucking babies: it IS infantile. net art, net music, all fall under the hyper-liberal umbrella of "UHRRR ITS THE CONCEPT THAT MATTERS NOT THE ACTUAL CONTENT" and anyone who doesn't like it is an old fart who just doesnt "get it". i grasped this when i was like 13 years old, after discovering net art and being enamored with it for 25 minutes

so what the fuck are you gonna do to maintain your "getting it" status? you gonna wear ironic monster energy drink t-shirts until your 40 years old? you still gonna be printing tshirts from shutterstock because its so epic and ironic?? grow up and get over it, if you're over 18 and you're making ironic albums with anime pictures and funny stock photos its time to get your shit together

and most importantly, the music itself sucks. the music itself sucks. this is the one thread that runs through all recent trends, bass music, vaporwave, dubstep, etc.

the music itself

sucks

read it to yourself and try to grasp that its not difficult
>>
>>50187496
mm pasta
>>
Some PC Music legitimately sounds good and is interesting music in and of itself. GFOTY - USA is good track regardless of the obvious social commentary.

Oceangrunge on the other hand has absolutely no redeeming value, in music or in concept.
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>50187496
Nice pasta
And I listen to vaporwave because I like the way it sounds
Music is subjective
You are an idiot
Have a nice day and I hope you can be happy in life because clearly you're a bitter person
>>
Can I be a new Plunderphonics micro-genre, blip?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0C8lECKS0OG
>>
>>50187496
/bleep/ fuck off
>>
>>50187564
You don't know what plunderphoncs is.
>>
>>50187560
>getting this butthurt over pasta
>>
>>50187560
Music is objective actually. Music appreciation is subjective.

For example, any music takes more skill and talent than vaporwave, this is objectively fact. You liking or disliking vaporwave is completely subjective, on the other hand.

I do believe that the acceptance of vaporwave in the music spectrum speaks of music's degeneracy as an art form more than Nicki Minaj's ass videos do, in all honesty.
>>
What do you call nightcore remixes of vaporwave songs? Copyright infringement.

>badum tshhhh
>>
>>50187606
>any music takes more skill and talent than vaporwave
bullshit, i can play random piano notes and it will take less skill and talent than eccojams took
>>
File: Ortodiedactich Parasyllabull.png (1MB, 792x798px) Image search: [Google]
Ortodiedactich Parasyllabull.png
1MB, 792x798px
>>50182179
>>50182231
Oceangrunge is the best genre of the 21st century. What did everyone think of this album?
>>
>>50187604
I took a part from a song (Barret Strong - Money(That's What I Want)) and manipulated it to make something different.
>>
File: new_essentials.png (1MB, 1485x950px) Image search: [Google]
new_essentials.png
1MB, 1485x950px
>>50186765
>>
>>50187653
sharing this in the next /mu/mor thread, thanks anon
>>
>>50187315
>holy shit you guys are idiots. this is already a thing. it was done in 1999.

The original idea, was to convert colorfield painting genre to music genre by listing down colorfield music characteristics and using logic, painting skills and music theory skills to convert those characteristics to music..

this gave birth to this specific idea, that is usually posted here.

the genre is the very specific thing and cant be something else (unless they converted colorfield painting genre in a wrong way), because they are just trying to conver it into it into a genre and so specific..

anyway making a analogy sachiko M would be classical music and tonefield would be minimalism mixed with drone
>>
>>50187756
also the video you posted is more like lowercase/glicth side of onkyo and not the sinewave one
>>
What's the /blip/ consensus on Googlecore?

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Miklak/googlecore/
>>
>>50187849
firefockstep is better
>>
Is Tredgestomp /blip/?

http://www.last.fm/music/Small+Waves/_/PURE+MOTHERFUCKING+TREDGESTOMP
http://www.last.fm/tag/tredgestomp
>>
What genre of music is Kero Kero Bonito?
>>
>>50188013
i actually like this
>>
>>50187496

There's quite a lot of vaporwave now that doesn't even sample if you actually bothered to look before writing your butthurt little post. 2014 vapor > 2011-2013 vapor
>>
>>50186502

PC Music is only "legit" good if you are gay.

And not just any gay, but super-camp effeminate borderline tranny gay
>>
>>50189739
You've gotta be gay
To make it today
There's no other way
But swishy and fay
You've gotta be gay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F25d9hVodsc
>>
>>50187737
This is literally every oceangrunge album in existence.
>>
What are some fun niche genres that are actually nice to listen to and not just echoed/slowed down songs that already exist?
>>
>>50181870
I'm getting pretty exhausted with these vaporshit albums. Floral Shoppe has two good songs. I actually am physically uncomfortable at the thought of listening to anything more.
회사AUTO's ╰╮ album is pretty good.
Is there anything that I can enjoy from start to finish? I'm getting upset and I'm tired of downloading and deleting shitty albums.
>>
>>
File: 1399565956373.png (156KB, 289x324px) Image search: [Google]
1399565956373.png
156KB, 289x324px
>>50190953
>deleting albums
wtf
>>
>>50187023
this was an excellent release.
>>
Anyone happen to have a link to Vektroid's Polymind EP in CBR320?
>>
>>50191031

link?
>>
File: 1404322082996.jpg (95KB, 531x713px) Image search: [Google]
1404322082996.jpg
95KB, 531x713px
>>50191005
>keeping free shitty albums for no reason
>mfw

hoarding is a disease anon
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.