[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people consider eminem to be the best rapper ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 2

File: eminem_vmas_1999.jpg (171KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
eminem_vmas_1999.jpg
171KB, 600x800px
Why do some people consider eminem to be the best rapper ever?
>>
becuse he's teh illest rappeh evah! He started form teh bottom and is nowh at teh top!
>>
because he's a juvenile prick, and some people relate to that
>>
>>49197469
Because he's a white and raps and curses alot
>>
is that the white hopsin?
>>
>>49197469
White trash likes white trash
>>
His technical rapping ability is great, and he makes accessible music that white people can relate to.
Not too fond of him personally, but I can he see the appeal.
>>
>>49197502
this
>>
because he's white
>>
Beacuse his firts album are quite solid.
>>
>>49197526
ding ding ding
>>
>>49197469
honestly his flow, lyricism/wordplay and delivery is easily top 3 worthy, it's just too bad most of his music is shit
>>
>>49197469
What is he doing with his hands?
>>
>>49197542
>>49197787
for anyone who wants a non retarded answer
>>
He did it all without saying niggahhh
>>
>Popularity
>Non-threatening white guy
>That one song in the Call of duty commercial that is in almost every youtube and spotify workout playlist ever.
>narrow taste
>>
Because they confude him with kool a.d., white people look similar
>>
He's the best technical rapper on earth.

But as far as actually making good music goes, nah. Dudes 20 years younger than him have him beat
>>
>>49198261
>kool ad
>white
american =/= white
>>
>>49198297
>>49197787
>>49197542

agreed, MMLP is still classic though and stan is one of the all-time great rap songs
>>
He's the only rapper they ever listen too out of pure ignorance, people who think eminem is the best rapper ever are the same people who say "All rap is about money and bitches."
>>
Because hes good and his music was exciting and new when it was coming out
>>
>>49198303
> implying KOOL AD isn't the best white rapper
>>
>>49197469
Good rapper just a shitty musician.

Old crazy Shady is nice easy listening though. Finally got around to seeing the guy live though and he was just okay.
>>
>>49199202
but all rap is about money, bitches, and the hood.
>>
>>49197542
the right answer. he's definitely one of the most technically gifted rappers of all time. but it's just like a mmorpg where you only put your points on one stat (or any stat im not saying anything speed-related with that).
>>
w
h
i
t
e
>>
Can somebody explain what technically gifted means when referring to rap?
>>
>>49199762
His flow mainly. Like if you ignore lyrics and just listen to how his raps sound, he is way ahead of most other rappers. Use of dissonance, assonance, slant rhyme, shit like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooOL4T-BAg0

This video is a pretty good overview
>>
>>49199762
able to string different words together in a way that produces metaphors and punchlines that the average person wouldnt be clever enough to think of while making them rhyme, mix that with speed, syllable spacing and perfect timing and you have a dope M.C.
>>
>>49199896
>>49199856
Just what I thought, nobody actually knows what they're talking about when it comes to rap.
>>
>>49197516
this
>>
>>49199926
ok enlightened one, how about you break it down to the class since youre so smart
>>
>>49199926
pffft, tell us then what it's all about.
>>
It's because of race. It's almost a form of racism in and of itself. White people want a hip-hop idol, so they cling to Eminem as though he's the best.
>>
>>49199926
>inb4 this retard thinks it's all about MUH HOOD CULTURE OF RESPEKT.
It used to be, sure. If you're a nigger, that's all you care about too.
>>
>>49199327
I saw Kool AD live once. He was fucking awful.
>>
His rhyme structures are well good mate.
>>
>>49197469
Contrary to what people will tell you, it's not because he's white but because he was whiney and edgy. He was everything that rock music was building to in the 90's which he was so successful. While the rest of hip-hop was doing its gangsta thing, he was making songs about murdering his wife and starting controversy. It's the controversy that has made him so loved because all those edgy teenagers needed someone to cling to. Honestly, the problem comes in the fact that fans of Eminem are not usually hip-hop fans which is why they make ridiculous claims. He wasn't trying to be hip-hop, he was trying to be the voice of an edgy generation and using hip-hop merely as a vehicle because it's an angry genre and required the least amount of talent/resources.
>>
>>49199926
>old school rap:
Ghetto laif, shooting people up, respect, fuck da po-po.

somewhere in between, it morphed into philosophical shit (that was quite deep at times).

And now it's completely polarized.

It's ironically closer to it's origins, but RAP now is such a joke that.. fuck that genre entirely.

RAP is about how much of a badass you are and how much of a pussy everyone else listening to the song is. RAP is about mad laif.

Or used to be.

Whatever, too tired atm.
>>
>>49197469
a mixture of being white about it and racism
>>
>>49198531
no to both
you are just being white
>>
>>49200225
>edgy generation and eminem used music for a vehicle for expressing his edgyness.

You know what, you're right.

However, I'd take the 90's and early 00's back edgyness (and lolshirt flames and pants) over the faggotry of today. Any day.

>hip hop takes the least tallent.

I'm not going to debate you on this, it's a matter of opinion.

However, his high skill in this medium is not to be discarded or ridiculed.
>>
>>49199334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAtqb3T5CHE
>>
>>49200303
oh, forgive us for being interested in more pertinent questions to our life, such as love and other shit that allows us to grow as a person, as opposed to "beating up the po-po, shooting up down lo-lo" crap that you niggers shoot up crack listening to.
>>
A brief list of reasons:
1. He's actually very good both at writing and performing his songs.
2. He's hugely popular, and has been for a long time. People have a tendency to reach for the established classics when naming a "best _______ ever"
3. He appeals to angry young boys, a hugely marketable demographic.
4. He's white, which probably allows angry young white boys to identify with him more than if he were black. Also I would imagine that his whiteness allows him to get away with a bit more of his offensiveness
>>
>>49200345
>he's black
>so some music that isn't really what RAP is all about is somehow what RAP is about. As opposed to Eminem's songs.

Nigger, stop beign retarded. RAP is about fighting tha po-po and being badass. Untouchable and shit.

This music is about black guys in jail and having a hard time.

Just because it's more "black" culture doesn't make it any more rap, fag.
>>
>>49200357
>being this white
>>
>>49200345
>song about tha brothas havin' a bad time , yo!
>somehow this is rap.

Nigga, rap isn't about a particular culture. it can take it's influences from it such as vain assertions of power (muh guns and moneee), but the moment you say that this song is rap because it talks about black people and speaks to them, to some degree being racist in a way, you lose all reason.
>>
>>49197469
He kicked the door in on an enormous demo Rap had never been exposed to, made some legendary songs and dope albums to widespread critical and commercial success. It's not hard to see why.
>>
>>49200456
have fun stretching that chocolate starfish in jail, homoboy.

>MUH DRUGS.
>MUH PO-PO.
>MUH DOWN LO-LO.
>MUH LAIF IS HARD, YO.
>BUH, MUH GUNS AND DRAIVE BAIS!
>>
>>49199982
>>49200020
I don't need to know. That wasn't the point of my question. When everyone has conflicting definitions to every term thrown around it makes it pretty clear that rap enthusiasts lack the basic music theories that other genre's seem to grasp.
>>
>>49200531
take that stick from your ass and bite it.
>>
To the people saying he's one of the most technically proficient rappers how are you quantifying that? Things like vocal range aren't really a big factor and you can't really measure emotional delivery so what do you take?
The speed he can rap? His ability to use interesting diction while maintaining his flow? The complexity of the rhythms in his lines?
>>
>>49200531
But those two were pretty similar definitions
>>
>>49200588
his whiteness makes him a more qualified rapper.
>>
>>49200573
You think I'm stuck up? I merely pointing out my observations.

It's pretty clear when you consistently visit different threads everyday.

>>49200595
Maybe to you
>>
>>49200238
I don't think you can sum up all of rap like that. Open Mike Eagle, Busdriver, Kool AD, Chance, Kendrick, all show other themes above 'I da best mayne' (some do ironically, eg kool ad)
>>
>>49200605
If you're going to make a joke reply at least try to be funny. I can't understand how you thought it was even worth your time making that reply.
>>
>>49197787
i am kind of confused as to how you can attribute such high praise to music that is "shit?" those are all of the key components of rap with maybe production missing, and em can do that pretty well most of the time too (see TES).

i am just confused as to what you mean when he is a top 3 rapper but his music sucks? what do you like about it that makes it top 3, and what do you dislike about it that makes it "shit"?
>>
>>49197469
Because many people are casual listeners who haven't heard much else in the genre.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFkQe3buVf4
>>
>>49200789
Sounds like a parody of Canibus with video-game soundtrack beats

No thanks
>>
>>49197469
His enunciation.
>>
>>49200615
Right. I just had the feeling like you commited some questionable manipulative rethoric so as to weasel your way into asking some dumb shit and then denying it.

But hey, not like I give a fuck about knowing what's going on a stranger's head over the internet.
>>
>>49197469
beacuse he whiote
>>
>>49200824
Suit yourself, bro, more power to you.
>>
>>49200985
Be sure to always proof read your posts everybody.
>>
>>49197516
he was from an era where every single fucking rap song was "i'm from da hood life is hard i'm a str8 g i'll kill yo ass muthafucka talk shit."

He was about the only guy coming out with song after song where he would talk shit about himself, infuse some dated 90's humor, and then rap about his bitch ex wife. Shit people can relate to more than make believe gangster shit.

I'm not saying he doesn't suck, but there's your answer.
>>
>>49197469
he's not like those OThER(read:black) rappers today, not all about my drugs my bitchers my money and that stuff
>>
>>49200681
Like he said, incredible flow and word play, shitty themes.
>>
>>49200681
not that anon but for me production is probably the most important thing about a rap 'song'. Eminems production is ok, nothing special really. It doesn't help that his themes and flow also sounds very similar from song to song and therefore creates albums with a lot of filler. He has fantastic singles, most of them produced by Dre but that's about it. I wouldn't put his lyricism far away fro top 3 also, it's high school tier. In conclusion, he's like Macklemore. Rap for people who don't like rap, accesable track with SICK FLOW and funny (or relateable) lyrics. Anyone who likes at least 5 other rappers (and listens to the albums frequently) will soon find out that Eminem has no place on any rap list other than most succesfull.
>>
>>49201115
>like macklemore

0/10
>>
>>49197524
>>49200225

This
Kids that don't listen to rap always fanboy at least one of these artists:
> Death Grips
> Eminem
> Mike S/ Linkin Park
> Hopsin
> Macklemore
> Asher Roth, Hoodie Allen and other frat rappers
> lil B, Kitty P, Yung Lean and other memerappers

If you enjoy any of these artists, except for maybe shady's MMLP, you are probably under 18 and white.
>>
>>49201055
>shifty themes
Honestly, id like Eminem more if hehad rapped about money hoes and drugs or other nigger shit like that. Also use of the N word when its not really necessary
>>
>>49201301
Kek
>>
honestly i think all of his non-humorous tracks are really obnoxious
>>
I love hip hop but Eminem's voice is just so irritating to listen to imo
He also just comes off as white trash to me and I particularly never cared for his super edgy tracks like Kim.

I did like him back when he used to make that peewee herman like noise on a bunch of his tracks, he had a charm then he's since lost.
>>
I think Nas got better flow personally but he's up there.
>>
>>49197469
Cuz he is and ur a faggot if u think different.
>>
He is skilled as fuck but he's still not even my favorite white rapper, always liked Eyedea more.
>>
>>49201253
>macklemore.
that's rap? nonono, that's just gay, my friend.
>>
File: 75378368653.jpg (61KB, 320x328px) Image search: [Google]
75378368653.jpg
61KB, 320x328px
Who would have won in a rap battle?
>>
>>49201055
This. His draughtsmanship is excellent but what he chooses to draw doesn't exactly leave you thinking even though that's what he's obviously going for
>>
He's a very skilled rapper, but his production is garbage
>>
>>49201751
Not sure about Big L's battle experience, Em did compete at the Rap Olympics a few times
>>
>>49201751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40MA0pl7Oa0

Eyedea would have beat him in a freestyle but em would win anything else
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.